PDA

View Full Version : WR Fountain Injured

smitty46953
08-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Colts WR Daurice Fountain was carted from Thursday's joint practice with the Browns with a left leg injury.

Fountain could be heard "screaming from the sideline." Both teams then gathered around in prayer. Colts owner Jim Irsay attempted to console Fountain before he was taken away. A second-year fifth-rounder, Fountain was reportedly having an excellent camp after making just one rookie appearance. A major injury would have his NFL future in doubt.

Source: George Bremer on Twitter

Aug 15, 2019, 5:05 PM ET

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8281/daurice-fountain

:cool:

Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070

Practice field is silent as Reece Fountain goes down in a non-contact Injury.

Cart coming out for Fountain. Players from both teams down taking a knee.

Tons of medical personnel around Fountain.

Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070 · 15m15 minutes ago

Left leg looked to be immobilized as Fountain gets stretchered off.

Very quiet practice field as the two teams try to get back to work.

This sucks, I heard rumor broken left leg?

VeveJones007
08-15-2019, 05:56 PM
Rapoport says its a broken and dislocated ankle.

Really sucks with how hard he clearly worked this offseason. Hopefully he can recover and still have a career.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-15-2019, 05:58 PM
This sucks, I heard rumor broken left leg?

According to Rapoport, Fountain suffered a dislocated and fractured ankle.

That seems to line up with the earlier reports of a non-contact type injury.

I feel bad for Reece since it seemed like he worked very hard in the off season in an attempt to make the final roster WR corps this year.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1162115872661618689

#Colts WR Reece Fountain, who has recently impressed but was carted off today, suffered a dislocated and fractured ankle, source said. He’ll likely have surgery right away. A bad situation for a good, young player.

ChoppedWood
08-15-2019, 06:00 PM
Absolutely freakin' blows- he was on a path to being on this roster for sure. Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the rehab!

ukcolt
08-15-2019, 06:12 PM
Sounds horrible, i wonder what the time frame for recovery from this sort of injury is? If it is a 12 week period, he could possibly be in line for an IR return spot? But could be a lot longer, far too early to really know.

Does make the roster cut down a little bit easier for the receivers. 6th spot, if there is a 6th spot is now between Pascal, Johnson, Dulin. Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Cain, Rogers to me are the clear front runners.

VeveJones007
08-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Sounds horrible, i wonder what the time frame for recovery from this sort of injury is? If it is a 12 week period, he could possibly be in line for an IR return spot? But could be a lot longer, far too early to really know.

Does make the roster cut down a little bit easier for the receivers. 6th spot, if there is a 6th spot is now between Pascal, Johnson, Dulin. Hilton, Funchess, Campbell, Cain, Rogers to me are the clear front runners.

We’ll see what the prognosis is, but there’s a decent chance his career is over. See: Eric Foster, Zach Miller

Discflinger
08-15-2019, 06:45 PM
No way he plays for us this year. I don't know why they wouldn't give him another chance next year.

ChoppedWood
08-15-2019, 07:35 PM
To top off a terrible report with a nugget of shit - apparently we got smoked by the Browns today and Jacoby looked like ass and this was obviously the low point of an apparently terrible day.

Chromeburn
08-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Man that's some horrible news. I hope he can come back from it. Sounds like it was really bad.

Oldcolt
08-15-2019, 09:42 PM
What a horrible thing for Fountain. Gotta be a tough mental blow to. Hope he comes back. Gonna take time. Good luck to him Shit

Brylok
08-15-2019, 09:55 PM
That kid is snake bitten. Good luck to him and his future.

Brylok
08-15-2019, 10:04 PM
Sounds horrible, i wonder what the time frame for recovery from this sort of injury is? If it is a 12 week period, he could possibly be in line for an IR return spot? But could be a lot longer, far too early to really know

I broke and dislocated my left ankle when I was in the Navy. My foot was wrenched around almost backwards to where it's supposed to be. Had emergency surgery. They broke it back into place, and installed metal plates on both sides connected by three screws through the bones. With physical therapy and everything it was a 6 month recovery time to walk around and be able to work normally.

Luck4Reich
08-16-2019, 08:00 AM
To top off a terrible report with a nugget of shit - apparently we got smoked by the Browns today and Jacoby looked like ass and this was obviously the low point of an apparently terrible day.

Brisset just isn’t very good.

GoBigBlue88
08-16-2019, 12:34 PM
I broke and dislocated my left ankle when I was in the Navy. My foot was wrenched around almost backwards to where it's supposed to be. Had emergency surgery. They broke it back into place, and installed metal plates on both sides connected by three screws through the bones. With physical therapy and everything it was a 6 month recovery time to walk around and be able to work normally.

1. Ouch. A kid I played soccer with in HS had that happen with his knee. Still remember the physical sensation it gave ME to look at that...

2. Yeah, Fountain ain't back until next OTAs at the EARLIEST. Probably training camp. This sounded like a complete dislocation.

VeveJones007
08-16-2019, 03:34 PM
Colts said that he was discharged from the hospital, but they are waiting on surgery. That's probably a good sign because it means that he has proper blood flow to the foot. I remember they had to rush Zach Miller to surgery to save his leg after his injury two years ago with the Bears.

HoosierinFL
08-16-2019, 06:13 PM
That kid is snake bitten. Good luck to him and his future.

?
Isn’t this his first injury?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-18-2019, 05:07 PM
Colts said that he was discharged from the hospital, but they are waiting on surgery.

Reece underwent ankle surgery on Friday and so far, so good. They expect a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/1163137911946133504

Colts HC Frank Reich: Reece Fountain had successful ankle surgery Friday. Expect full recovery

From Reece himself:

https://twitter.com/Reece_JMM/status/1162531940450361344

Surgery went well. Thank everybody for the love and prayers. I appreciate y’all #ColtsNation

https://twitter.com/Reece_JMM/status/1163168789753737216

I’ll be back.. don’t count me out just yet..

Chromeburn
08-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Reece underwent ankle surgery on Friday and so far, so good. They expect a full recovery.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/1163137911946133504

From Reece himself:

https://twitter.com/Reece_JMM/status/1162531940450361344

https://twitter.com/Reece_JMM/status/1163168789753737216

Hopefully this isn't career threatening. I wonder hwo it happened. Everyone said it was a non-contact rep.

JAFF
08-19-2019, 04:18 PM
Hopefully this isn't career threatening. I wonder hwo it happened. Everyone said it was a non-contact rep.

He could have step on someones foot, gone up for a pass and landed wrong. Ever see the basketball players foot torque when they come done on another players foot? Yuk.

Fortunate for all the training staff was right there. Get that ankle reduced down and keep the blood flowing.

Brylok
08-20-2019, 08:02 PM
1. Ouch. A kid I played soccer with in HS had that happen with his knee. Still remember the physical sensation it gave ME to look at that...

2. Yeah, Fountain ain't back until next OTAs at the EARLIEST. Probably training camp. This sounded like a complete dislocation.

Yeah, it was pretty bad and it ultimately lead to me getting an early out from the Navy. I figure that if Fountain's ankle was anything close to how mine was he'd be out for the season. He's out.

Brylok
08-20-2019, 08:06 PM
?
Isn’t this his first injury?

You're right. I thought he got injured last year and it kept him from playing. He didn't. That's the second time I've said that something was 'snake bitten' and been wrong about it. I'm going to stop using that term now.