PDA

View Full Version : Colts signed RB D'onta Foreman

smitty46953
08-05-2019, 05:27 PM
Colts signed RB D'onta Foreman, formerly of the Texans.

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing ACL recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8072/donta-foreman

Racehorse
08-05-2019, 05:33 PM
Colts signed RB D'onta Foreman, formerly of the Texans.

Backup RB Keith Ford was waived in a corresponding move. Recently waived by the Texans himself, Foreman lands in a loaded backfield as the likely early-down backup to Marlon Mack. Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, and Jonathan Williams round out the rest of the roster, with Spencer Ware likely seeking out an injury settlement to play elsewhere. It's worth noting longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans waived Foreman because they were unsatisfied with his "work habits" — something that obviously won't stand in Indy. If Mack is dealt another season of nagging ailments, though, it's Foreman who'll be a name to monitor as the power-running successor (despite his ongoing ACL recovery). In the meantime, Mack remains an unequivocal RB2 across all formats.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8072/donta-foreman

The reporter got it a bit wrong. We claimed him, not signed him.

IYAM, this was a preemptive move to keep other teams from getting him easily. Kick the tires and let him go if he's a lazy bum.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-05-2019, 05:36 PM
The reporter got it a bit wrong. We claimed him, not signed him.

IYAM, this was a preemptive move to keep other teams from getting him easily. Kick the tires and let him go if he's a lazy bum.

I was about to post the same thing. It appears Rotoworld got it wrong...if you follow the link to the reporter's twitter account, it indicates the move was by waiver claim.

Butter
08-05-2019, 05:42 PM
Why not, perhaps a new team will help him, wouldn't be the first time.

Oldcolt
08-05-2019, 06:42 PM
I think he tore his Achilles and initially did well. He got in the doghouse in Houston. Worth a look

smitty46953
08-05-2019, 07:00 PM
I was about to post the same thing. It appears Rotoworld got it wrong...if you follow the link to the reporter's twitter account, it indicates the move was by waiver claim.

I bet he had to sign something? :cool:

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-05-2019, 07:40 PM
I bet he had to sign something? :cool:

Sure, I agree, he probably signed something.....but it wasn't a contract.

I am interested to see if Reich and Rathman can get through to him - I am sure it will be quite a different experience vs. Texans head coach BOB......assuming he has anything left after the Achilles tear.

apballin
08-05-2019, 08:01 PM
Bs camp body

YDFL Commish
08-05-2019, 08:32 PM
He's not a Colt.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Today the Colts placed RB D’Onta Foreman and WR Daurice Fountain on the IR list and waived S Derrick Kindred.

In a corresponding roster move, the Colts signed free agent S Kai Nacua, free agent RB Charcandrick West and undrafted free agent RB Marquis Young.

https://www.colts.com/news/colts-sign-three-free-agents-place-wr-daurice-fountain-rb-d-onta-foreman-on-ir-w

ChoppedWood
08-19-2019, 07:14 PM
I think West brings a little something to the table. He did some decent work in fill in spots in KC.

Oldcolt
08-20-2019, 11:34 AM
Obviously we are not happy with depth at rb or offensive line. Keep bringing in Are we taking a flyer on Foreman, hoping he gets his burst back? Sign him one week, tears bicep, and IR next week. Or do we reach a injury settlement and release the guy?

Butter
08-20-2019, 11:48 AM
I would take the bet on the Injury settlement.

Oldcolt
08-20-2019, 12:17 PM
I would take the bet on the Injury settlement.

I'm not sure. It depends on what they think of him as a person (will he be a hard worker) and how much physical talent they think he has. He might be worth stashing just to see what another year of rehab (Achilles usually take a couple of years to get your explosion back) can do. If he gets his mind on straight. Big if.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-23-2019, 11:23 PM
I'm not sure. It depends on what they think of him as a person (will he be a hard worker) and how much physical talent they think he has. He might be worth stashing just to see what another year of rehab (Achilles usually take a couple of years to get your explosion back) can do. If he gets his mind on straight. Big if.

The Colts plan to keep Foreman around to learn the system and the team culture. See if he can rebound in 2020.

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1163533854734454785

D'Onta Foreman to remain with Colts and rehab his torn biceps, four-month injury. Colts had plans for him and were bringing him along slowly, but was expected to play an entire half in next game until this season-ending injury occurred. Plan is to rehab for next year with Colts

Oldcolt
08-24-2019, 11:53 AM
Ballard has built a culture and it is paying off big for us. Foreman may be the latest guy. It is amazing to watch these young, unheralded physical freaks being molded into NFL players. The high level of play he gets from Autry, Desir, Ebron, Leornard, Cox, Travis, Glowinski-I'm leaving tons of guys out. It just goes on and on. If it were one or two pickup maybe luck, but with all of these guys Ballard is on to something.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
08-24-2019, 07:14 PM
Erickson just tweeted that the Colts waived Foreman from the IR with an injury settlement.

Perhaps Foreman / his agent didn't want to wait until 2020? Either that or the Colts changed their mind.

https://twitter.com/JoelAErickson/status/1165394999422455808

Colts waived D'Onta Foreman from injured reserve with an injury settlement. Foreman tore his bicep.