PDA

View Full Version : Clayton Geathers neck surgery

1965southpaw
05-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Listening to JMV this afternoon and it seems that Geathers was hurt late last season and had neck surgery this January to fix it. I apologize if this is old news.....didn't see another thread but this was news to me!! They aren't sure right now if he will miss time rehabbing.

Brylok
05-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Rumor has it that this is possibly a Delano Howell type of career ending injury. The organization is not very forthcoming with injury information, so we'll have to wait and see. I hope the kid is okay. Same with Luck.

Hoopsdoc
05-21-2017, 03:23 PM
What is it with this team and injury prone safeties? Sanders, Bullitt, Howell, and now Geathers.

Butter
05-21-2017, 07:20 PM
What is it with this team and injury prone safeties? Sanders, Bullitt, Howell, and now Geathers.

Dangerous tackling technique?

1965southpaw
05-21-2017, 08:00 PM
I heard Ballard recently in an interview....forget where....talking about needing to support players better in the organization. Several times he mentioned better strength and conditioning as an example of providing better support for talent. I got the sense when he talks about accountability he means everyone, not just players.......and he has judged that aspect as less than adequate. Fingers crossed he holds coaching up to the same high standard.

omahacolt
05-21-2017, 09:14 PM

Our coaches wouldn't have that

natagu23
05-22-2017, 12:21 AM

Well, that's everybody.

You can't really teach proper tackling technique because you can't touch the players.

albany ed
05-22-2017, 06:12 AM
Well, that's everybody.

You can't really teach proper tackling technique because you can't touch the players.

?

natagu23
05-22-2017, 07:06 AM
?

Players don't tackle in practice anymore.

Brylok
05-22-2017, 11:14 AM
I heard Ballard recently in an interview....forget where....talking about needing to support players better in the organization. Several times he mentioned better strength and conditioning as an example of providing better support for talent. I got the sense when he talks about accountability he means everyone, not just players.......and he has judged that aspect as less than adequate. Fingers crossed he holds coaching up to the same high standard.
Need to support them off the field, too. Don't turn on a productive player when they are injured. Dwayne Allen comes to mind...

indycolts2
05-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Players don't tackle in practice anymore.

Kind of makes you wonder what the hell they have been learning in all the years before the NFL? Does anyone teach how to tackle? Even if it's on a dummy?

Oldcolt
05-23-2017, 02:57 PM
I see that Pagano has made a comment. His usual non comment. Worries me a bit that it was a disk. Hope he makes it all the way back.

Mr. Session
05-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Kind of makes you wonder what the hell they have been learning in all the years before the NFL? Does anyone teach how to tackle? Even if it's on a dummy?

Check out the Seahawks... (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLldjE6vvFs)