PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for season, decade

DrSpaceman
05-29-2019, 08:10 AM
Since we are in the long lull of the offseason, and I have a rare lull at work as well......

I think we all agree this team is on the upswing again finally and is poised to be a force in the NFL for the next 10 years assuming Ballard and Reich continue to perform as well as they have so far. And Luck stays healthy.

The question then is : What would you call a successful season this year? ANd what would be successful for the next 10 years?

Open ended question, can answer however you'd like.

Personally I think for the season, I am looking to make at least the AFC championship game, most likely vs. the fucking Pats again or the Chiefs. Still not sure the D has the pass rush to beat a QB like Brady or Mahomes, so I won't say winning that game, but at least making it that far would be a success. And winning the division along the way

For the next decade, at least two SB wins. Really would like more, of course, but asking for more than two of any team seems greedy. And they should be consistently winning the division as well for the next decade.

Luck I would like to see win at least two MVPs, but that is not as important to me. We have all seen Manning win MVP multiple times, its nice but the team success is what we need now.

Also on a slight tangent, would like to see Edge in the HOF and since he has waited this long, would be nice if he and Manning went in together in a few years.

DrSpaceman
05-29-2019, 08:12 AM
Also this is not what do you THINK they will do next season or the next decade. It is what do they need to do for you to be satisfied with the results as a fan?

Racehorse
05-29-2019, 08:53 PM
Also this is not what do you THINK they will do next season or the next decade. It is what do they need to do for you to be satisfied with the results as a fan?

Beat the Cheats more consistently than during the Manning years.

Win the division every year and get HFA in playoffs at least half the time.

No major injuries to set the team back and all this should become reality.

As for this season, I think 11 wins and the division crown is a good start, but I would not be happy to see us win just the WC round.

nate505
05-29-2019, 09:13 PM
I really think 12 wins, a bye, and going to at least the AFC Championship game is within reach this year.

I hate it when I have expectations this high.

JAFF
05-29-2019, 09:55 PM
Make the playoffs, get one home game

Pez
05-30-2019, 06:40 AM
Also this is not what do you THINK they will do next season or the next decade. It is what do they need to do for you to be satisfied with the results as a fan?Odd, I dont think of it this way. I became a colts fan for the irrational reason that they moved to my state. The dowhower years the jeff George years, the Trudeau years... became a bigger fan every year. Football is about hope and anticipation those are the primary emotions for me. Beating the Texans with curtis painter, and nearly beating the Steelers the same year. Sure, I'd love for these achievements to have been in the afccg, or sb. But the primary driving emotions for me are still there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DrSpaceman
05-30-2019, 08:35 AM
Odd, I dont think of it this way. I became a colts fan for the irrational reason that they moved to my state. The dowhower years the jeff George years, the Trudeau years... became a bigger fan every year. Football is about hope and anticipation those are the primary emotions for me. Beating the Texans with curtis painter, and nearly beating the Steelers the same year. Sure, I'd love for these achievements to have been in the afccg, or sb. But the primary driving emotions for me are still there.

So you are just happy to have a team to root for and enjoy whatever comes your way as a result?

Nothing wrong with that, like I said you can answer however you'd like. But I would think most have at least some expectations for success.

Racehorse
05-30-2019, 01:10 PM
So you are just happy to have a team to root for and enjoy whatever comes your way as a result?

Nothing wrong with that, like I said you can answer however you'd like. But I would think most have at least some expectations for success.

I get what he's saying and that is not it. He wants them to do well, but his life doesn't get better or worse based on how well the team performs. He just revels in every victory despite how the team record is because, at the end of the day, sports is a "what have you done fr me lately" sort of entity.

apballin
05-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Super bowl champs this year and the next 9!!!!

Honestly my expectations are making playoffs and hopefully home field advantage. As long as they get in I’m happy because the momentum can carry you from there. I just hope Browns and patriots get all the attention but I’m still worried about the Steelers something tells me they are sitting back laughing going into this season

omahacolt
05-30-2019, 06:26 PM
Playoff 2 seed this year. And I want to see a tough team. Especially on defense. I don’t expect it though. I fear we are too light up front

I expect us and kc to be the teams to beat for the next 7 years or so.

HoosierinFL
05-30-2019, 06:45 PM
38 game winning streak. Beat the Pats 77-3, mercy rule invoked 1 minute into 4th quarter.

VeveJones007
05-30-2019, 07:14 PM
Anything less than 2 championships over the next 10 years and I'll be disappointed.

Luck4Reich
05-30-2019, 09:56 PM
38 game winning streak. Beat the Pats 77-3, mercy rule invoked 1 minute into 4th quarter.

Add that Tom Brady forced to retire after being hit by Hooker.

Butter
05-30-2019, 10:46 PM
. And I want to see a tough team. Especially on defense. I don’t expect it though. I fear we are too light up front

That is bugging me a lot, flashbacks to the Defenses of the Manning era.

ukcolt
05-31-2019, 08:44 AM
I would love to see Luck, Hilton, Nelson, Kelly, Ebron, Leonard, Hooker, Ya-Sin, Tyquan Lewis, Turay all being first ballot hall of famers!

Luck4Reich
05-31-2019, 08:51 AM
I would love to see Luck, Hilton, Nelson, Kelly, Ebron, Leonard, Hooker, Ya-Sin, Tyquan Lewis, Turay all being first ballot hall of famers!

Might be 3 out of there.

Chromeburn
05-31-2019, 09:20 AM
I don’t tend to look much further than the upcoming season. So much can change season to season. If Luck doesn’t win a Super Bowl I’ll be disappointed. But after watching Manning get only one and he was so good, I try to not put out too many expectations.

This year I think they might make the championship game. Depends if they can handle the better QBs this year. I actually don’t think we will win as many games because of the tougher schedule. Will we be able to beat NE, that’s what it comes down to. Can they out scheme BB’s defense?

ukcolt
05-31-2019, 10:25 AM
For this season it would be nice to see that we can actually harry opposition QB's on a consistent basis, and be in the upper echelon of sacks for the season. I believe if we do that, we will have a great season.

I can't remember the last time that we actually managed to sack Tom Brady, so that would be a nice thing to happen

DrSpaceman
05-31-2019, 10:56 AM
For once going against NE, I feel confident we have an offensive coach that can at least match up well with BB.

Not saying he is better than him, but at least it gives the team a chance. Not like a genius vs. a simpleton like BB vs Pagano.

Racehorse
05-31-2019, 01:50 PM
Anything less than 2 championships over the next 10 years and I'll be disappointed.

Three in a row?

Luck4Reich
05-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Three in a row?

Make it 4 like the Bills except Colts win them all.:cool:

YDFL Commish
05-31-2019, 09:02 PM
I actually don’t think we will win as many games because of the tougher schedule. Will we be able to beat NE, that’s what it comes down to. Can they out scheme BB’s defense?

So you think we go 9-7? That would be unacceptable!

Chromeburn
06-01-2019, 12:42 PM
So you think we go 9-7? That would be unacceptable!

Yeah, maybe 10 wins. It’s a tough schedule and the division is pretty tough. Won’t be a cake walk. I still think we make the playoffs by probably winning the division. What are the homie wins? Miami and Tampa Bay?

Oldcolt
06-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Meaningful football in December and the draft not the highlight of my year. I’ve spent literally decades when a win only meant we got to screw up a lower draft choice in the next draft It’s changed what I ‘need’ from a team. Mellowing sucks but not a damn thing I can do about it

VeveJones007
06-01-2019, 06:58 PM
That is bugging me a lot, flashbacks to the Defenses of the Manning era.

The ends are significantly better against the run than Freeney and Mathis were. The interior is relatively light, but it’s better than what they had most years. And the LBs are better.

TheMugwump
06-01-2019, 07:32 PM
Success this season:

Luck stays healthy and plays all 16 + all of playoffs
11 wins.
Top 5 rushing team
Top 10 defense in points allowed and yards allowed
AFC championship game at least

Success in next 10:

At least eight double-digit win seasons
At least three SB appearances
O-line is considered one of the top 5 in the league the whole decade

njcoltfan
06-02-2019, 06:41 AM
Add that Tom Brady forced to retire after being hit by Hooker.

Don't you mean Kraft ?

rcubed
06-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Make forward progress in all phases of the game
Win division
Make AFCCG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luck4Reich
06-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Don't you mean Kraft ?

Owners dont retire, they die.

So no I meant Brady the QB on the field.

Racehorse
06-02-2019, 12:36 PM

>J>o>k>e>
your head

Luck4Reich
06-02-2019, 01:43 PM
>J>o>k>e>
your head

No I got the joke lol... I came back with another.
Not saying mine was a good one but I drive for work a lot and I have only my phone for response :cool:

TheMugwump
06-02-2019, 03:36 PM

THIS was a joke?

Guess you are doing an excellent job of keeping your eyes on the road instead of texting funny stuff on your phone...

Pez
06-03-2019, 06:47 AM
For the season I would like to see some exceptional lb play where they play as a unit. I want to see all our talent at lb and corner pan out.

I would like to see fun cheese become bradon stokely.

Would like to see our ol continue to improve and give up the fewest sacks in the league.

I would like to set the tone for the rest of the season by demolishing Pittsburgh on the road.

DrSpaceman
06-03-2019, 10:29 AM
For the season I would like to see some exceptional lb play where they play as a unit. I want to see all our talent at lb and corner pan out.

I would like to see fun cheese become bradon stokely.

Would like to see our ol continue to improve and give up the fewest sacks in the league.

I would like to set the tone for the rest of the season by demolishing Pittsburgh on the road.

Apparently fun cheese prefers being called D-Funch

I have been calling him Frenchie during his years in Carolina