PDA

View Full Version : 2019 NFL Draft Day 2

Pages : [1] 2

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 01:07 AM
Decided to get this thread started. Several really solid options still available on Day 2. Here’s a quick list:

S: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
S: Nasir Adderley
CB: Byron Murphy
CB: Justin Layne
CB: Rock Ya-Sin
CB: Lonnie Johnson
WR: AJ Brown
EDGE: Chase Winovich
DT: Dre'mont Jones
EDGE: Jaylon Ferguson
EDGE: Oshane Ximenes
S: Taylor Rapp
WR: Riley Ridley
WR: Deebo Samuel
WR: Terry McLaurin
WR: Paris Campbell
RG/RT: Cody Ford
RT: Jawaan Taylor (knee)

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 01:10 AM
If there’s a decent trade offer, I expect Ballard to considering moving from 34 back towards the middle of Rd2.

I’d love to come out of tomorrow with something like Ferguson or Winovich, Jones, Rapp, and one of the receivers or corners.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 01:25 AM
I like Hakeem Butler too

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 01:35 AM
I like Hakeem Butler too

Mecole Hardman is another name to watch. I could see Ballard valuing a guy with great return ability after seeing the impact from Hill and Hester.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 01:54 AM
If they stay at 34, I have a hunch they’ll go with Ferguson.

Puck
04-26-2019, 02:20 AM
Not sure if you all listened to the press conference, but I believe he is looking to trade back again. I could see Miami or Cincy wanting to get to Drew Lock

Also as I added in the other thread.

Jawaan Taylor is still on the board.

Dam8610
04-26-2019, 02:28 AM
D'Andre Walker
Juan Thornhill
Amani Hooker
Anthony Nelson

Of names not already listed

Puck
04-26-2019, 02:41 AM
RB Darrell Henderson
RB. David Montgomery
CB. Greedy Williams
DE. Zach Allen
EDGE Ben Bangu
Edge LJ Collier
OT Dalton Risner

Dam8610
04-26-2019, 02:44 AM
RB Darrell Henderson
RB. David Montgomery
CB. Greedy Williams
DE. Zach Allen
EDGE Ben Bangu
Edge LJ Collier
OT Dalton Risner

Stay as far away from Zach Allen as possible. He's a bust in the making.

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 07:43 AM
Good players left, but damn DL is really tapped out.

Maniac
04-26-2019, 07:55 AM

In a DL heavy draft too. That sucks

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 07:58 AM
Colts must think more highly of Turay and Lewis than we do.

Not saying they're right or wrong, but they have made investment in the DL previously. Let's hope we get more ROI than we did last year.

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 08:49 AM
RB Darrell Henderson
RB. David Montgomery
CB. Greedy Williams
DE. Zach Allen
EDGE Ben Bangu
Edge LJ Collier
OT Dalton Risner

LJ Collier was.taken yesterday

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 08:51 AM
Definitely hoping they don't go OL early.

It still feels weird saying that.

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 08:52 AM
I like Renell Wren too

Dam8610
04-26-2019, 09:09 AM
LJ Collier was.taken yesterday

Wow. That's surprising. I guess the Colts are really high on Jaylon Ferguson? That's the only thing that makes sense to me at the moment.

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 09:11 AM
Wow. That's surprising. I guess the Colts are really high on Jaylon Ferguson? That's the only thing that makes sense to me at the moment.

I have to assume they're higher on Turay/Lewis than we are, as well.

Also, isn't Jaylon Ferguson a character concern?

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 09:12 AM
I like Hakeem Butler too

In this range I like him more. End of 2nd to middle of 3rd preferrably. With maybe another receiver too who isn't such a developmental prospect.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 09:14 AM
Decided to get this thread started. Several really solid options still available on Day 2. Here’s a quick list:

S: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
S: Nasir Adderley
CB: Byron Murphy
CB: Justin Layne
CB: Rock Ya-Sin
CB: Lonnie Johnson
WR: AJ Brown
EDGE: Chase Winovich
DT: Dre'mont Jones
EDGE: Jaylon Ferguson
EDGE: Oshane Ximenes
S: Taylor Rapp
WR: Riley Ridley
WR: Deebo Samuel
WR: Terry McLaurin
WR: Paris Campbell
RG/RT: Cody Ford
RT: Jawaan Taylor (knee)

Winovish, Brown, Samuel/McLaurin, Rapp (rumors about a hip injury by Gil Brandts yesterday) and one of the corners. I would be very happy.

Rennel Wren in there too

FatDT
04-26-2019, 09:17 AM

Talent in general is really tapped out. I get that the FO clearly didn't want to risk Sweat's heart condition. But the price of trading back into the 1st for a top pass rusher should've been higher.

Yes there are still some names to be interested in.

CB - Byron Murphy, Greedy Williams, Rock Ya-Sin

S - Nasir Adderly, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Amani Hooker, Taylor Rapp

WR - DK Metcalf, Hakeem Butler, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, Kelvin Harmon,
Riley Ridley, and Parris Campbell

DE - Chase Winnovich, Jachai Polite, Jaylon Ferguson,

DL - Dre'Mont Jones, Renell Wren, Charles Omenihu, Trysten Hill

OL - Jawaan Taylor, Dalton Risner, Cody Ford, Greg Little, Elgton Jenkins

Dam8610
04-26-2019, 09:31 AM

Ballard talked a lot this offseason about adding to the DL rotation and wanting it to be 8 deep. Even if you count Turay and Lewis as part of that rotation, I count 6 reliable DL pieces, only 2 of which are DTs, and that's if you count Autry as a full DT, and 3 of which are 30+ (Houston, Hunt, Autry, Sheard, Lewis, Turay). Adding 2 quality DL in this draft is nearly mandatory unless you want the position to be a huge problem moving forward. Yet another reason trading out with Montez Sweat sitting there gift wrapped to you doesn't make sense.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 09:57 AM
I think Ballard wanted Simmons. Mentions him going at 19.

https://www.indystar.com/videos/sports/2019/04/26/colts-pass-first-round/3584463002/

After that he must have the DT's graded similarily.

ukcolt
04-26-2019, 10:12 AM
Ballard talked a lot this offseason about adding to the DL rotation and wanting it to be 8 deep. Even if you count Turay and Lewis as part of that rotation, I count 6 reliable DL pieces, only 2 of which are DTs, and that's if you count Autry as a full DT, and 3 of which are 30+ (Houston, Hunt, Autry, Sheard, Lewis, Turay). Adding 2 quality DL in this draft is nearly mandatory unless you want the position to be a huge problem moving forward. Yet another reason trading out with Montez Sweat sitting there gift wrapped to you doesn't make sense.

We have other guys who were playing fine for us last year....Ward, Muhammad. I am very interested in seeing Lewis develop along with the hoped for progression of Turay. I am not saying we shouldn't make further selections, but i thought Jihad Ward played really well in the limited playing time last year. In his 6 games he had 3 sacks.

We also have Grover Stewart and Hassan Ridgeway, who have both seen significant playing time, although i am less certain of their future success with the Colts.

So i would say we have 10 guys who have all seen significant playing time throughout their careers. They may not all be starters, but they are not scrubs with no experience either. They are exactly what you need for depth.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 10:23 AM

This is why I think they'll end up staying put at 34 and taking Ferguson, possibly Winovich. Ferguson really fits their mold of a big, strong, athletic end with good production.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 10:24 AM
We have other guys who were playing fine for us last year....Ward, Muhammad. I am very interested in seeing Lewis develop along with the hoped for progression of Turay. I am not saying we shouldn't make further selections, but i thought Jihad Ward played really well in the limited playing time last year. In his 6 games he had 3 sacks.

We also have Grover Stewart and Hassan Ridgeway, who have both seen significant playing time, although i am less certain of their future success with the Colts.

So i would say we have 10 guys who have all seen significant playing time throughout their careers. They may not all be starters, but they are not scrubs with no experience either. They are exactly what you need for depth.

Ward looked really good in those few games last year, but I'm not setting much store in Stewart and Ridgeway.

I'd be shocked if Ballard didn't come out of today with at least one more piece on the DL.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 10:53 AM
I think Ballard wanted Simmons. Mentions him going at 19.

https://www.indystar.com/videos/sports/2019/04/26/colts-pass-first-round/3584463002/

After that he must have the DT's graded similarily.

I think Ballard was being honest when he said they have players #16-70 ranked very close together. He was hoping that one of the top 15 would drop (most likely Simmons), but he was more than happy to move back when he couldn't get one of those players.

I think he'll be open to moving down from #34, but like last year with Leonard and Smith, I think he'll just stay put and take whichever guy they like most.

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 11:10 AM
If I had to bet, I'd go with yet another trade:

@RapSheet
There could be fireworks early tonight: If the #AZCardinals go CB at No. 33, the #Colts should be able to get a ton at No. 34 in a trade. Lot of top OLs on the board, including Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford and Greg Little.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 11:12 AM

Not really. He was arrested when he was 18 for a fight outside a McDonald’s. Just had a $189 fine. Has been “a model citizen ever since,” but we all know that’s agent speak. However, lending credibility to that is what he’s doing now:

https://apple.news/ApSbAwfJJRXi8P0aAqoQrdA

Chaka
04-26-2019, 11:13 AM
Interesting retweet by Holder

https://twitter.com/RNBWCV/status/1121735626691362816

Basically, looking forward and as measured separately under four different "yardsticks", the Colts have positioned themselves to have more draft assets than any other team.

Of course, this analysis ignores the fact that we don't have a 1st (though it also ignores the 2nd we picked up next year).

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 11:19 AM
If I had to bet, I'd go with yet another trade:

@RapSheet
There could be fireworks early tonight: If the #AZCardinals go CB at No. 33, the #Colts should be able to get a ton at No. 34 in a trade. Lot of top OLs on the board, including Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford and Greg Little.

REALLY looking like it could be another trade:

@nfldraftscout

Couple of "What I'm Hearing" notes:

* Run on WR is expected early tonight

* Cody Ford & Jawaan Taylor expected to be in today's top 10 picks

* Byron Murphy will go early, maybe at 33 even

* Colts could trade back AGAIN and keep playing the board

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-26-2019, 11:35 AM
I think Ballard was being honest when he said they have players #16-70 ranked very close together.

That is also why I made the comment last night that I think the Colts will try to move up from Pick 89. Try to grab one more player from that bracket.

If they could make 4 selections from that group of players, it has the potential of being a very solid draft class, even if they don't have a pick in the top 30 selections.

Butter
04-26-2019, 11:40 AM
Interesting retweet by Holder

https://twitter.com/RNBWCV/status/1121735626691362816

Basically, looking forward and as measured separately under four different "yardsticks", the Colts have positioned themselves to have more draft assets than any other team.

Of course, this analysis ignores the fact that we don't have a 1st (though it also ignores the 2nd we picked up next year).

It doesn't ignore it, becuase it is specifically focused on what teams have remaining in this draft.

FatDT
04-26-2019, 11:40 AM
It appears the strategy is to grab as many of these next-tier players as possible. Looks like Ballard didn't get the chance to pick what he considered top-level so he's taking the volume approach. I disagree on some of the players he punted on at 26 (Sweat, Tillery) but overall I get the approach and it makes sense. Lots of possibilities for a

- WR like Deebo Samuel (seems like a tough Anquan Boldin/Golden Tate-type, I like him) to compete for WR2

- safety to compete for the starter job (not convinced any safety after Abram has enough talent to win it outright)

- DL that can add to the rotation, there are still lots of good prospects.

- OL that can challenge for a starting spot and improve depth at center

- CB that can challenge for snaps, I don't think our corner depth chart is set at all this year though I like our players.

- RB to to add another wrinkle in Reich's offense.

Maniac
04-26-2019, 11:42 AM
REALLY looking like it could be another trade:

@nfldraftscout

Couple of "What I'm Hearing" notes:

* Run on WR is expected early tonight

* Cody Ford & Jawaan Taylor expected to be in today's top 10 picks

* Byron Murphy will go early, maybe at 33 even

* Colts could trade back AGAIN and keep playing the board

Broncos or Bucs could be interesting possibilities to trade up and get Lock. If we traded with either of them, we wouldn't drop too far if we take their pick, plus getting whatever additional pick from them.

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 11:43 AM
Looking like Cards may go Byron Murphy:

Apparently it’s easier to get “firm confirmation” on the second day of the draft than the first.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Washington cornerback Byron Murphy “is the heavy favorite” to be the 33rd overall pick tonight, if Arizona keeps the pick.

Of course, many things can change in the next seven hours and change, and the Cardinals might be enticed to not utilize the first pick in the second round.

But if they do, adding a talented cover player would be an interesting wrinkle.

An offseason of disgruntlement (Is that a word? If it’s not it should be) from veteran Patrick Peterson has fueled trade rumors, and those won’t go away if they’re spending a premium pick on a corner.

They also signed cornerbacks Robert Alford and Tramaine Brock this offseason, creating depth in the secondary.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/26/byron-murphy-could-be-the-first-pick-tonight/

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 11:46 AM
That is also why I made the comment last night that I think the Colts will try to move up from Pick 89. Try to grab one more player from that bracket.

If they could make 4 selections from that group of players, it has the potential of being a very solid draft class, even if they don't have a pick in the top 30 selections.

Makes sense. Might even find a team where the Colts can move down like 8 spots in Rd2 and then swap 3rds to get #89 closer to #70.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 11:49 AM
Colts could find upgrades at the following positions today alone:

WR 3/4
DL 3/4
EDGE 3/4
SS 1/2
CB 4

I'm pretty confident in saying that after tonight, this will be the deepest Colts roster of the last 10 years. Possibly since they've been in Indy since Polian's rosters were more top-heavy. Mind that I said "deepest" and not "best."

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 12:17 PM
Colts could find upgrades at the following positions today alone:

WR 3/4
DL 3/4
EDGE 3/4
SS 1/2
CB 4

I'm pretty confident in saying that after tonight, this will be the deepest Colts roster of the last 10 years. Possibly since they've been in Indy since Polian's rosters were more top-heavy. Mind that I said "deepest" and not "best."

I agree and depth isnt a bad thing. Also the best rosters dont always make it to the SB. We've seen that happen to the Colts.

rcubed
04-26-2019, 12:27 PM
I am good with trading back from where we were. However I dont want to go nuts and keep trading back, at some point i want ballard to actually pick some good players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Butter
04-26-2019, 12:31 PM
I am good with trading back from where we were. However I dont want to go nuts and keep trading back, at some point i want ballard to actually pick some good players.

By day 3 he will own every pick in the 7th round.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 12:32 PM
I agree and depth isnt a bad thing. Also the best rosters dont always make it to the SB. We've seen that happen to the Colts.

Just comparing against the 2005 team, the 2019 Colts will probably be better at QB2, RB3, WR3, WR4, WR5, TE3, DL3, DL4, EDGE4, CB3, CB4, CB5, FS2, SS2. Of course those guys won't see the field as much as the top 1-2 players at each position.

rcubed
04-26-2019, 12:38 PM
By day 3 he will own every pick in the 7th round.

Awesome post!

I could handle one more trade out of 34 as long as we dont slide too much further down. Then I want him to start picking.

Ballard said he sees picks 15-70 to be basically the same talent level. Spending this whole draft to make us solid across the board is a good strategy if thats true. Then next year go for a real difference maker.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 02:12 PM
Fins getting Rosen for #48. Really like this draft so far for them.

Oldcolt
04-26-2019, 02:49 PM

I think you've got Ballard figured out. He says what he means. My only caveat is that some of his top 70 may very well slide to 89. It's great that Ballard has a belief system and actually sticks to it. Go Colts

Oldcolt
04-26-2019, 02:54 PM

Man if I was an Arizona fan I would be bummed. Taking him #10 in a deep draft, passing on some very good players and then trading him for #48 the very next year. No way to build a team

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 03:11 PM
@FieldYates
A team I'd love to see explore a Chris Harris trade is the Colts. He'd fill a major need, they have the most cap space in the league, he'd fit in with their culture with his great football character, plus Indy GM Chris Ballard has built up plenty of draft capital to use.

Trading draft picks for a veteran would be rather out of character for Chris Ballard.

Oldcolt
04-26-2019, 03:34 PM
If we keep the pick it would not surprise me to see us take Jawaan Taylor. He seems to be the best lineman left and Ballard loves lineman. I'll admit,however, that it's a fools errand to try and guess who Ballard likes.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 03:50 PM
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Keep an eye on this one: The #Jets are looking into making a big move all the way from the third round into the early second, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. Would need to give up significant capital in future draft picks.

Would probably take their 2020 2nd along with pick #68.

Coltsalr
04-26-2019, 04:17 PM
Would probably take their 2020 2nd along with pick #68.

@nfldraftscout
Keep an eye on the Colts as a spot for the Jets to trade up. These two teams have a history of working together.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 04:21 PM
@nfldraftscout
Keep an eye on the Colts as a spot for the Jets to trade up. These two teams have a history of working together.

Jets have been desperate for an EDGE. I'm guessing they want Ferguson.

I wonder if Ballard would have any interest in Leonard Williams. Jets might consider moving him now that they have Quinnen Williams.

Dam8610
04-26-2019, 05:18 PM

I was referring to players who can be relied upon to produce. I don't think anyone beyond the 6 I mentioned currently fits in that category, and 3 of them are 30+.

Brylok
04-26-2019, 05:18 PM
Ballard will trade 34. I'm fine with that.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 05:50 PM

Question is what type of trade he would value most. These are all roughly equal in terms of the value chart:

1) NYJ: 68 + 2020 2nd + 2020 4th
2) CIN: 42 + 72 for 34 + 89
3) DEN: 41 + 125 + 182

You could obviously structure either Denver or Cincy’s deal the same way.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 05:55 PM
Question is what type of trade he would value most. These are all roughly equal in terms of the value chart:

Based on his comments about quality players through #70, I would guess he’d prefer option #2. He’s also running into a roster crunch, so adding more picks this year who will likely be cut is another consideration. But that’s also an argument for #1. Hmm...

njcoltfan
04-26-2019, 06:01 PM

Where have you seen, or read that ?

njcoltfan
04-26-2019, 06:06 PM
Jets have been desperate for an EDGE. I'm guessing they want Ferguson.

I wonder if Ballard would have any interest in Leonard Williams. Jets might consider moving him now that they have Quinnen Williams.

and the Colts don't need an EDGE rusher? At some point Ballard has to start making picks !!! Last year he vastly improved this team, this year, so far, not so much !!

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 06:11 PM
and the Colts don't need an EDGE rusher? At some point Ballard has to start making picks !!! Last year he vastly improved this team, this year, so far, not so much !!

Yes he did. He improved this team because there’s likely to be growth from many of the following players next year:

Nelson
Smith
Cain
Hines
Mack
Lewis
Turay
Wilson
etc
etc
etc

When your strategy is draft and develop, your biggest improvement is players in years 1, 2 and 3, but you’re just focused on year 1.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 06:14 PM
Where have you seen, or read that ?

PFT says it’s all but finalized. La Canfora says it’s agreed to.

VeveJones007
04-26-2019, 06:15 PM
Pelissero says the Colts were getting calls about 34 even before 26 was on the clock yesterday.

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 06:17 PM
Based on his comments about quality players through #70, I would guess he’d prefer option #2. He’s also running into a roster crunch, so adding more picks this year who will likely be cut is another consideration. But that’s also an argument for #1. Hmm...

I dont have a problem with him building up future picks for continual reload. Sounds like a good plan.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-26-2019, 06:19 PM
PFT says it’s all but finalized. La Canfora says it’s agreed to.

Albert Breer of MMQB says that the deal is not done. The Dolphins want a late round pick going back to them.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1121847598325948426

They are probably talking right now putting the finishing touches on it.

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 06:21 PM

I am as well, so long as he only moves back a few spots. But I would also like to see him move up from 59, if needed, to get the right player.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
04-26-2019, 06:34 PM

The NY Jets have indicated that they really want back into Round 2. Since this pick is the second pick of round 2, I might ask for the Jets 2020 1st round pick. Sure, give them some protection - such as if it is a Top 10 or maybe even Top 15 pick, it will defer to 2021, but I would ask for their first.

ukcolt
04-26-2019, 06:41 PM
Just read that Karl Joseph strong safety for the Raiders could be someone that the Raiders might be willing to shop after drafting Abram yesterday. He had been very disappointing for them in his first two seasons and hardly played the first half of last season, but was then a major force for them in the 2nd half of the year. Wouldn't mind giving up a 4th/5th rounder for someone still on their rookie contract.

Dam8610
04-26-2019, 06:41 PM

I'm not interested in any of that. If the Colts can't get a 2 and a 3 for the 34th pick, they should just stay there and make the pick.

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 06:45 PM
I'm not interested in any of that. If the Colts can't get a 2 and a 3 for the 34th pick, they should just stay there and make the pick.

Furthermore, if the there's a guy you like, just take him. Don't gamble that you can get him 5 to 10 picks later.

omahacolt
04-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Colts need to add talent. Enough being cute and gaining picks and sitting on cash.

CanuckColt
04-26-2019, 07:09 PM
Colts need to add talent. Enough being cute and gaining picks and sitting on cash.

EXACTLY!!!
Use those quality picks and don't turn into a 'Trade-Down Junkie'.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 07:09 PM
So I guess a lot of teams called about the 34 pick. Even before they called for the 26 pick.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:12 PM
@ConnorJRogers just said #Colts are asking teams for 2020 1st in return for No. 34. That's the current hold up with #Jets.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:14 PM
Cards take CB Byron Murphy :cool:

Spike
04-26-2019, 07:14 PM
There goes Murphy.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:17 PM
CB Rock Ya-Sin ?

Spike
04-26-2019, 07:18 PM
Reggie is fucking crazy in a great way. Fucking with the Titan fans, love it.

Big Smooth
04-26-2019, 07:19 PM
Tellem Reg!!

smitty46953
Reggie letting Titan fans have it !!! :cool:

Butter
Reggie with the smack talk

YDFL Commish
Like the pick!

Spike
Ya-Sin is a good pick.

rcubed
04-26-2019, 07:20 PM
Hey, they made a pick!

Spike
04-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Like the pick!

Yep, not a head scratcher like big sweaty use to give us.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:22 PM
OT Jawaan Taylor to Jags :cool:

Dewey 5
04-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Now I hope they get Winovich.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Good senior bowl performer. The only guy who put up a fight against Deebo Samuel.

Puck
04-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Maybe just me. But don’t see value in a CB in this system

Maybe they have a plan so I’m not bitching about it Good talent for sure

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 07:26 PM
I like this pick.

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 07:26 PM
I would now love to come out of this round with Adderly, DL or Deebo Samuel.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:28 PM
Niners take WR Deebo Samuel :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 07:29 PM
Now we have a Rock a Hooker and a Maniac on Defense.:cool:

Spike
04-26-2019, 07:31 PM
Now we have a Rock a Hooker and a Maniac on Defense.:cool:

Can't beat that, championship.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Niners take WR Deebo Samuel :cool:

Yea he he wasn’t going to last long. McLaurin would be a nice grab, he seems like a colt to me. Best interview of all the WRs I heard this draft.

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Can't beat that, championship.

If we add another Hooker it's a done deal.

nate505
04-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Like the pick!

Me too. I would have been happy with him in the 1st round. Liking the trade better now.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:33 PM
Yea he he wasn’t going to last long. McLaurin would be a nice grab, he seems like a colt to me. Best interview of all the WRs I heard this draft.

I really like Hakeem Butler and Parris Campbell as well at WR :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Steelers were looking at Ya Sin. Apparently Tomlin loved.him.

JAFF
04-26-2019, 07:36 PM
If we add another Hooker it's a done deal.

Can't have too many hookers. Sounds like a slogan for Las Vegas

Luck4Reich
Think Ballard might move up and add a 4th 2nd round pick if he thinks the talent he talked about being there?

smitty46953
Bills need OL maybe Cody Ford here? :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 07:37 PM
Can't have too many hookers. Sounds like a slogan for Las Vegas

No such thing as too many Hookers unless.your name is Tom Brady.

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 07:38 PM
I don't really like any WR's after Deebo in round 2 or 3, except maybe Whiteside.

JAFF
04-26-2019, 07:39 PM
Bills need OL maybe Cody Ford here? :cool:

You are telepathetic, it's amazing

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:39 PM
I don't really like any WR's after Deebo in round 2 or 3, except maybe Whiteside.

Check out Hakeem Butler :cool:

Maniac
04-26-2019, 07:41 PM
Colts need to queue up some Queen in the stadium every time this new kid makes a play. "We will, We will Rock Ya"

Spike
04-26-2019, 07:42 PM
No such thing as too many Hookers unless.your name is Tom Brady.

Or Bob Kraft!

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 07:42 PM
Colts need to queue up some Queen in the stadium every time this new kid makes a play. "We will, We will Rock Ya"

As long as it continues to We are the Champions. ;)

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Sean Bunting seems early :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Or Bob Kraft!

Yeah he likes the Hookers... Brady likes Drag

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:46 PM
Zak Keefer‏Verified account @zkeefer

Rock Ya-Sin on Indy: "Love Indianapolis. I feel like it’s a great organization, a great culture, they have a bunch of young players that play hard, competitive, ... I feel like they’re – we’re gonna win a Super Bowl in the next few years."

:cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:48 PM
Raiders select CB Trayvon Mullen with the No. 40 overall pick :cool:

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 07:52 PM

They already do. Their game day music is so old and dated its ridiculous!

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:52 PM
you bunch of lazy bastids say something :eek:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 07:53 PM
Broncos select Kansas State OL Dalton Risner :cool:

Maniac
04-26-2019, 07:54 PM
They already do. Their game day music is so old and dated its ridiculous!

Queen will never get old.

Most of the stadium music is the same league-wide.

Spike
04-26-2019, 07:54 PM
Lock keeps dropping, the word is he has small ass hands.

JAFF
04-26-2019, 07:55 PM

bite me

LOL

Maniac

That would be horrible to have ass hands

Spike

something

Dewey 5
04-26-2019, 07:56 PM

As does Greedy Williams & I don't know why.

Butter
04-26-2019, 07:57 PM

ya never missed when wiping?

Spike

That's why he keeps dropping, ass hands are a terrible thing to have as a QB.

smitty46953
Elway gotta grab Drew Lock as much ass kissing as he did over him :cool:

Spike
04-26-2019, 07:59 PM
Elway gotta grab Drew Lock as much ass kissing as he did over him :cool:

Yep, Nostradamus. Lock to the buck toothed bastard's team.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:00 PM
Lions gotta go DB Adderley S, Rapp S, or Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S, FLA

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Tavai seems a reach ?:cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:02 PM
3 to go who ya want? :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:05 PM
Packers are selecting OL Elgton Jenkins :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:06 PM
Patriots just traded and jumped us :cool:
Patriots gave up 56 and 101 for 45 with the Rams

rcubed
04-26-2019, 08:07 PM
Patriots just traded and jumped us :cool:

Trying to steal our guy again, bitches

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Bet we trade pick? :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Tavai seems a reach ?:cool:

Big time reach.. I wanted him but much later.rounds

Spike
04-26-2019, 08:10 PM
Trying to steal our guy again, bitches

Hate em, hate em with a passion.

Butter
04-26-2019, 08:10 PM
I doubt we were taking another CB

Butter
04-26-2019, 08:11 PM
And another trade

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:11 PM
Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070

The #Colts trade back again.

Cleveland is now on the clock at Pick No. 46.

Colts move back 3 spots to No. 49. Waiting on the official details.

Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070 · 12s13 seconds ago

Per @FieldYates, the #Colts get pick No. 144 for moving back 3 spots with the Browns.

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 08:12 PM
Hope added value.... some reaches have happened so smart trade back only 3 spots.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 08:12 PM
I really like Hakeem Butler and Parris Campbell as well at WR :cool:

Cambell would do well with a lot of WR screens we run. He is a YAC machine. Butler is a project, reminds me of Plaxico Burress. But huge wingspan. Also Miles Boykin I bet is in there with his athleticism.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:13 PM
144 is round 5 pick 5 :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 08:13 PM
I doubt we were taking another CB

Nah... maybe much later or UFAs now

Butter
04-26-2019, 08:14 PM

Not bad for only trading back 3 spots.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 08:15 PM
Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070

The #Colts trade back again.

Cleveland is now on the clock at Pick No. 46.

Colts move back 3 spots to No. 49. Waiting on the official details.

Kevin Bowen‏ @KBowen1070 · 12s13 seconds ago

Per @FieldYates, the #Colts get pick No. 144 for moving back 3 spots with the Browns.

Early 5th round pick for three spots. Thats ok with me.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:16 PM
LSU CB Greedy Williams selected 46th overall by the Cleveland Browns

Poor Jim Brown is looking feeble, for you old guys he was heck of a RB :cool:

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 08:16 PM
I didn't realize Greedy Williams was still on the board. Wonder what was up with him. Bad interview?

HoosierinFL
04-26-2019, 08:17 PM

Did he say 2013?

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 08:17 PM
I didn't realize Greedy Williams was still on the board. Wonder what was up with him. Bad interview?

Won't tackle.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:18 PM
Paul Kuharsky‏Verified account @PaulKuharskyNFL · 49m49 minutes ago

Conspiracy theory: The @NFL is so powerful, it had the one entity tipping picks kicked off @Twitter.

Site was @NFLUpdate

Luck4Reich
Taylor Rapp if hes there?

AlwaysSunnyinIndy

Off 1 spot - Round 5, Pick 6.

The value was basically spot on with the trade value chart for moving those 3 spots.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:19 PM
Did he say 2013?

yes he did :cool:

JAFF
04-26-2019, 08:19 PM

He's 83, looks good considering the beating he took in the old NFL

Spike
04-26-2019, 08:20 PM
Did he say 2013?

Yeah he did. Forgot his glasses I guess.

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 08:21 PM

Gil Brandt said Rapp has an undisclosed hip injury and could cause him to drop.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:22 PM
Seahawks are selecting Safety Marquise Blair :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 08:23 PM
Gil Brandt said Rapp has an undisclosed hip injury and could cause him to drop.

Ahhh.. ok

Butter
It was reported he had a hip flexor issue, but his agent denied it, of course.

YDFL Commish

I would still rather have Adderly.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Trading again? :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:24 PM
Saints trade up to select former Texas A&M center Erik McCoy at No. 48 :cool:

HoosierinFL
04-26-2019, 08:25 PM
Yeah he did. Forgot his glasses I guess.

That and he don’t know what year it is. Getting old sucks.

JAFF
04-26-2019, 08:26 PM
That and he don’t know what year it is. Getting old sucks.

The alternative to not getting old is worse

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:27 PM
Dolphins now have additional 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th round picks in 2020 Draft. Bet they end up with Rosen somehow :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Colts select TCU LB Ben Banogu at No. 49 :cool:

Luck4Reich
Banogu..... nice

Had him much later but maybe this is a Leonard type reach that pans out?

YDFL Commish
Banogu is edge i think.

njcoltfan
04-26-2019, 08:30 PM
Seahawks are selecting Safety Marquise Blair :cool:

Who?

nate505
04-26-2019, 08:31 PM
Don't know much about him, but i like the picks on the defensive end.

smitty46953
Banogu is edge ithink.

Yes he is 42 tackles for loss last 2 years :cool:

JAFF
Banogu is edge ithink.

Plays with his hand on the ground, not that big, Mathis like???

Chromeburn
Banagu is a great athlete, better than Collier athletically. A RAS score of 9.71.

Only Brian Burns and Montez Sweat tested out better athletically for ends.

Luck4Reich
Dremont Jones at 59?

Spike
04-26-2019, 08:33 PM
So far, so good. Ballard, unlike big ugly, knows what the fuck he is doing.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Dremont Jones at 59?

I hope so or a WR :cool:

Chromeburn
04-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Dremont Jones at 59?

Rennel Wren?

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:38 PM
Ole Miss wide receiver A.J. Brown to the Titans :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Bengals select former Washington TE Drew Sample :cool:

FatDT
04-26-2019, 08:40 PM
Rennel Wren?

Either of those two would be great.

Ya Sin is pretty well-liked.

Bangonu seems like a serious athlete that needs some pass rush development. Hopefully we can be coached up.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:42 PM
Ballard listening to Venturi today on 1070 TheFan?
Venturi's favorites have been first 2 Colts picks … :eek:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Ben Banogu says Colts see him as a player who can play all over in front seven, lining up next to Darius Leonard as an off-the-ball LB on early downs and rushing off the edge on later downs.

Butter
04-26-2019, 08:44 PM
Just saw that Smitty, sounds interesting.

FatDT
04-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Ben Banogu says Colts see him as a player who can play all over in front seven, lining up next to Darius Leonard as an off-the-ball LB on early downs and rushing off the edge on later downs.

That would be a new wrinkle for the Eberflus defense. Taking a page from the Seahawks with their Elephant role?

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Rennel Wren?

I like him too but think he can be had later.
Then again some reaching happening.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:47 PM
Eagles go with Penn State RB Miles Sanders
Could be best back in draft, I liked him :cool:

ChoppedWood
04-26-2019, 08:48 PM
All good with these two dudes- and that's what they both look like- dudes, guys that just play the damn game. He has a hell of a wingspan- so does The Maniac- I like it.

I'm hoping Julian Love is there next- complete the backfield reconstruction with a willing hitter who also has good ball skills- another guy that just knows how to play football.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:51 PM
Texans first pick is CB Lonnie Johnson @54 :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:52 PM
Texans second pick is Max Scharping OT @ 55 :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:54 PM
Chiefs trade 61st overall and 167 for Rams 56. :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Chiefs select Mecole Hardman WR to replace Tyreek Hill :cool:
Runs a 4.33 and good kick returner

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Anyone think Chiefs cut Hill this week? :cool:

Butter
04-26-2019, 08:58 PM

Yes. The Browns sign him 2 days later.

nate505
04-26-2019, 08:59 PM

I hope so. Fuck that guy.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 08:59 PM
Yes. The Browns sign him 2 days later.

Yep, Probably so :rolleyes:

Brylok
04-26-2019, 09:00 PM
Y'all are smart as hell. I don't know anything about any of these guys, so thanks for keeping me informed on what we're getting. I like what I'm hearing so far. Much different than the Grigs days

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:01 PM
Eagles are selecting WR J.J. Arcega-Whiteside :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:03 PM
Y'all are smart as hell. I don't know anything about any of these guys, so thanks for keeping me informed on what we're getting. I like what I'm hearing so far. Much different than the Grigs days

I play in 2 Dynasty 32 team fantasy football leagues , helps me learn these guys :cool:

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Defense!

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:07 PM
Too Tall Jones looks like he could still play. :cool:

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 09:07 PM
Come on Jones!

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:08 PM
DT Trysten Hill to Cowboys, I kinda hoped we would get him tomorrow :cool:

Brylok
04-26-2019, 09:09 PM
I play in 2 Dynasty 32 team fantasy football leagues , helps me learn these guys :cool:
You've been spot on

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:09 PM
Colts select WR Parris Campbell (Ohio State) :cool:

Dewey 5
04-26-2019, 09:10 PM
Parris Campbell. Burner

FatDT
I remember liking what I read about Parris Campbell. Speedy guy.

Edit: hell yeah he is, 4.31 40 at 6’ and 205 lbs.

Luck4Reich
He is a serious vertical threat... I'm ok with this pick.

nate505
Nice, I was hoping for a receiver.

Teams must hate Metcalf

Spike
04-26-2019, 09:11 PM
Parris Campbell. Burner

Love this pick.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:11 PM
I remember liking what I read about Parris Campbell. Speedy guy.

Edit: hell yeah he is, 4.31 40 at 6’ and 205 lbs.

Love the pick !!! :cool:

ChoppedWood
04-26-2019, 09:12 PM
Got no issues with PC at all, dude can go and leave a trail.... we should have a fucking scary ass blend of speed and size catching the ball next year! Love it.

Luck4Reich
Ballard kicking ass again! Nice.

Spike
He is a serious vertical threat... I'm ok with this pick.

I'm more than ok with this pick. Love it.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:13 PM
Chargers select former Delaware DB Nasir Adderley at No. 60 :cool:

FatDT
As much as I like defense I might be most excited about Campbell. He will be the fastest guy on the field. Kind of reminds me of Pierre Garçon but with greater potential and athletic ability.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
Love the pick !!! :cool:

I see what you did there (you had him in the draft contest)

Brylok
04-26-2019, 09:14 PM
TY, Funchess, and Campbell

Thorgrim
Let’s add a safety please.

smitty46953
Now we got a long wait to pick #89 :cool:

Thorgrim

Scary stuff

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 09:15 PM
OL or defense from here on out!

smitty46953
I see what you did there (you had him in the draft contest)

Yes, guess I did and at 59 just looked :cool:

Coltsalr
Campbell was my favorite WR besides the Ole Miss boys.

He could be Percy Harvin without the migraines. The packages we could make with Hines/Campbell could be downright scary.

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 09:16 PM
I'm more than ok with this pick. Love it.

The more I read about this guy the more I'm loving it.... this Offense could become VERY scary and with that Oline and Luck... damn!

Dewey 5
04-26-2019, 09:17 PM

Luck's new wife is happy tonight because I'm sure Andrew is experiencing a 4 hour Viagra type boner right now.

Brylok
04-26-2019, 09:17 PM
Scary stuff

Also Ebron, Doyle, Cain, and Fountain (if they pan out). Scary

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Nice, I was hoping for a receiver.

Teams must hate Metcalf

Looks like a workout warrior to me and second best WR with Ole Miss :cool:
Dammy loved him if I recall

Luck4Reich
04-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Luck's new wife is happy tonight because I'm sure Andrew is experiencing a 4 hour Viagra type boner right now.

Count my wife equally happy I'm very happy with these picks.:cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Count my wife equally happy.:cool:

Can you put her on here so we can double check that statement? :eek:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:20 PM
Rosen traded to Cards :cool:

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 09:21 PM
Looks like a workout warrior to me and second best WR with Ole Miss :cool:
Dammy loved him if I recall

Yes he did. I told him I wouldn't take him in the 1st 2 rounds.

Dam8610
04-26-2019, 09:21 PM
I wonder if Ballard has confidence in Geathers and Farley or if he has confidence that a Juan Thornhill or Amani Hooker will last until 89.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:22 PM
WR Parris Campbell is a 99.3 percentile athlete at WR :cool:

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:22 PM
I wonder if Ballard has confidence in Geathers and Farley or if he has confidence that a Juan Thornhill or Amani Hooker will last until 89.

I like Thornhill too :cool:

FatDT
04-26-2019, 09:23 PM

It’ll be TY, Campbell, and Funchess/Cain by the end of the season.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Cards select WR Andy Isabella goes before DK Metcalf, must really not be valued :cool:

nate505
Hahaha, the Cardinals are such a fucking joke.

YDFL Commish
It’ll be TY, Campbell, and Funchess/Cain by the end of the season.

Wait...wait...wait, I thought Cain was going to surpass them all?

Chromeburn
Cards select WR Andy Isabella goes before DK Metcalf, must really not be valued :cool:

Someone today or yesterday said Metcalf was a media creation.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
Rosen traded to Cards :cool:

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1121947773199429632

Full terms, per source:

Dolphins trade: Pick 62

Cardinals trade: QB Josh Rosen, a 2020 fifth-rounder.

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:27 PM
Arizona's GM probably on short list
The Cardinals trade Josh Rosen and a 2020 fifth round pick to the Miami Dolphins in exchange for this year's second round pick #62 :eek:

YDFL Commish
04-26-2019, 09:28 PM
Someone today or yesterday said Metcalf was a media creation.

Anything can be created or erased on media.

smitty46953
Hahaha, the Cardinals are such a fucking joke.

Yes, Keim be sitting with Grigson soon as Bidwell wakes up :eek:

Butter
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1121947773199429632

Full terms, per source:

Dolphins trade: Pick 62

Cardinals trade: QB Josh Rosen, a 2020 fifth-rounder.

How the hell does Keim still have a Job.

JAFF
04-26-2019, 09:30 PM
Anything can be created or erased on media.

Nope, the internet is written in ink. Once it's out there, you can't pull it back

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:30 PM

Chiefs nab Thornhill :cool:

Brylok
04-26-2019, 09:31 PM
Kinda feel bad for Rosen. He got thrown to the wolves and then dumped. Good luck to him

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:31 PM
How the hell does Keim still have a Job.

and fleece him for a 5th as well :cool:

Spike
04-26-2019, 09:32 PM
Yes, Keim be sitting with Grigson soon as Bidwell wakes up :eek:

Bidwell is one of the worst owners in the league, along with the Raiders Davis.

smitty46953
Seahawks take Metcalf @ 64 :cool:

Butter

You forgot Dan Snyder.

nate505
There goes Metcalf. I'm pretty happy with Campbell myself.

FatDT
04-26-2019, 09:33 PM

I’d put Dan Snyder and Mike Brown up there too.

Brylok
04-26-2019, 09:33 PM
Lol. Metcalf looks like a He-Man action figure from the 80s. Jeez

smitty46953
04-26-2019, 09:34 PM
Patriots receive picks no. 77 and 118 from Seattle in exchange for the 64th pick. :cool: