PDA

View Full Version : Colts a "powerhouse"?

ZionsvilleColtsFan
04-23-2019, 11:33 PM
https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/indianapolis-colts-news-powerhouse-super-bowl-contender/

Butter
04-23-2019, 11:41 PM
I hope they are becoming one, but we might want to wait a second before we crown their ass. But thanks for posting your article, Jesse.

Maniac
04-24-2019, 04:13 AM
Still missing too many defensive pieces and overall depth to be a powerhouse right now. That may change after the draft and post draft free agents, but hard to say they are a powerhouse right now. Hopefully they are on their way to being one though.

Discflinger
04-24-2019, 08:36 AM
Let them mature.

DrSpaceman
04-24-2019, 09:14 AM
Still missing too many defensive pieces and overall depth to be a powerhouse right now. That may change after the draft and post draft free agents, but hard to say they are a powerhouse right now. Hopefully they are on their way to being one though.

Yes I agree.

The pass D in particular I still don't trust to be a true contender.

You get into the playoffs and there are no also ran, tier 2-3 QBs you are facing. The Colts still struggle there

Also need a #2 WR option. Will help getting Jack Doyle back, but even beyond that, there needs to be options beyond TY downfield. And I am not convinced Devin Funchess or Deion Cain are those answers.

Still a year away I think, but on the right track

I wrote after the season : Last year in the offseason, we really did not know if we have the head coach, GM or healthy QB to win a SB. And that is where things have to start.

I am now confident we have all three of those in place. Now need to fill in the missing pieces

Oldcolt
04-24-2019, 10:35 AM
The front office and coaching staff are a "powerhouse." This guy has nailed it. You guys are way to timid. We have a very good team and its time to be assholes about it. I believe we make the next step this year. And that next step puts us pretty damn close to the super bowl.

Luck4Reich
04-24-2019, 10:49 AM
They will win the SB.

Discflinger
04-24-2019, 11:41 AM
They will win the SB.

Color me convinced.

FatDT
04-24-2019, 12:06 PM
There are questions but I see no reason why the Colts shouldn't be SB contenders. Their schedule is tougher this year but I don't think playing cupcakes helps a team do well in the post-season. Adversity during the season, if survived, leads to toughness and resilience.

We have the front office, coaching staff, QB, and OL of a championship team. We have pieces elsewhere on the roster. If guys like Houston, Funchess, our high picks, and our 2nd year players all play at or near their realistic ceiling, we should be able to beat anybody.

Discflinger
04-24-2019, 12:30 PM
Sounds strange, but powerhouse seems overwhelming. I fully think that the Colts are capable of winning the SB, but until proven I would not call them a powerhouse. Though 10 of 11 may say otherwise.

woodyscolts
04-24-2019, 12:42 PM
Every year the talking heads always say look out for the Jags they had a great offseason so I have learned not to listen to them!

Pez
04-24-2019, 03:24 PM
Just hyperbole.... the article doesnt state much that those here do not already know. Upgrade the defense and were in the top third.

Every year I fixate on our ability to beat the steelers as a bit of a benchmark. Lets see the colts show up in Pittsburgh with a 5-2 record and get the win. That's when we can start bitching about people not taking us seriously.

Tossing out a term like "Powerhouse" to reference an article that is less than 20 sentences long is clickbait.

Butter
04-24-2019, 06:15 PM
Tossing Our a term like "Powerhouse" to reference an article that is less than 20 sentences long is clickbait.

That whole website looks like garbage.

YDFL Commish
04-24-2019, 06:18 PM
Just hyperbole.... the article doesnt state much that those here do not already know. Upgrade the defense and were in the top third.

Every year I fixate on our ability to beat the steelers as a bit of a benchmark. Lets see the colts show up in Pittsburgh with a 5-2 record and get the win. That's when we can start bitching about people not taking us seriously.

Tossing Our a term like "Powerhouse" to reference an article that is less than 20 sentences long is clickbait.

Good post. Until we beat Stillers, Cheaters and Chefs we have done nothing.

We ain't done shit yet!

DragonTails
04-24-2019, 07:34 PM
https://sportsnaut.com/2019/04/indianapolis-colts-news-powerhouse-super-bowl-contender/

They didn't look like a power house in KC. More like a deer in headlights. Reminded me of all the Manning one and done games.

We can beat 80% of the teams - just not the ones you need to beat to win a SB.

Lets hope that changes.

Chromeburn
04-24-2019, 09:25 PM
Every year the talking heads always say look out for the Jags they had a great offseason so I have learned not to listen to them!

Jags had a lot of injuries last year. If healthy they are talented. Kicked our ass last year.

Indiana V2
04-25-2019, 07:05 AM
They will win the SB.

Naw, it's already been determined the Browns will win the Super Bowl.