PDA

View Full Version : NY Jets want to trade down....

JAFF
04-20-2019, 11:01 AM
maybe the Colts should give them back their second rounder, and go get the D lineman they really, really want?

Why not trade up, now, this year?

Luck4Reich
04-20-2019, 11:12 AM
maybe the Colts should give them back their second rounder, and go get the D lineman they really, really want?

Teams like the Redskins will over offer. Ballard has shown he will not and I really like that about him.

Coltsalr
04-20-2019, 11:16 AM

If all it would take is #26 or #34 to get Kentucky Josh Allen, then fuck yeah.

Sadly, per the draft pick value chart, we’d be WELL short:

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

DrSpaceman
04-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Don't see it happening.

I think Ballard would be more likely to move back again if who they want or the value is not there at #26 than to move up

Butter
04-20-2019, 01:09 PM

It would take more than that, I don't think the Colts 1st, both 2nds and 3rd would pull it off. Another team would most likely offer a better deal.

YDFL Commish
04-20-2019, 01:13 PM
Generally speaking only QB needy teams are willing to give up a big enough haul to move up that far in the draft.

Coltsalr
04-20-2019, 01:15 PM
It would take more than that, I don't think the Colts 1st, both 2nds and 3rd would pull it off. Another team would most likely offer a better deal.

Agreed. I mean, maybe Jacoby Brissett could be packaged in a deal to a QB needy team in order to move up, but neither the Jets/49ers are QB needy and I doubt the Raiders at #4 see Brissett as good enough to ditch Derek Carr over.

Fun to talk about, but never going to happen, particularly with Ballard at the helm.

VeveJones007
04-20-2019, 01:19 PM

And the Jets don’t want to move down that far. They want to add an EDGE and going to 26 really limits that possibility.

If we’re looking for trade up partners, I’m focused on Miami and Seattle. Miami is clearly rebuilding and Seattle only has 4 picks this year.

YDFL Commish
04-20-2019, 03:44 PM
Agreed. I mean, maybe Jacoby Brissett could be packaged in a deal to a QB needy team in order to move up, but neither the Jets/49ers are QB needy and I doubt the Raiders at #4 see Brissett as good enough to ditch Derek Carr over.

Fun to talk about, but never going to happen, particularly with Ballard at the helm.

Brissett's value is not much higher than when he was drafted late in the 3rd round. Colts would be lucky to get late 2nd early 3rd value for him.

JAFF
04-20-2019, 04:55 PM
How about getting to 11-15?

Coltsalr
04-20-2019, 05:32 PM
Brissett's value is not much higher than when he was drafted late in the 3rd round. Colts would be lucky to get late 2nd early 3rd value for him.

It’d be in the package of a trade, not as a stand-alone.

My point was that the Colts don’t have the assets to move down to where the Jets are.

VeveJones007
04-20-2019, 05:56 PM
How about getting to 11-15?

Dolphins at 13. Will take at least 26 & 59. Probably another pick too.

Maniac
04-20-2019, 06:07 PM

Maybe we can just offer them a 2023 7th round pick. That will work just about as well as offering our 2nd round pick to move up to #3.

YDFL Commish
04-21-2019, 12:41 PM
It’d be in the package of a trade, not as a stand-alone.

My point was that the Colts don’t have the assets to move down to where the Jets are.

I realize that it's a package. But Brissett has more value to the Colts than he does to any other team in the NFL. Ballard will not trade him and will drafting his replacement in the next year or two.

Coltsalr
04-22-2019, 08:46 AM
I realize that it's a package. But Brissett has more value to the Colts than he does to any other team in the NFL. Ballard will not trade him and will drafting his replacement in the next year or two.

That does appear to be the case, barring a team getting desperate if their QB goes down and deciding to way overpay.

Chromeburn
04-22-2019, 10:18 AM

Josh Allen? You get Quinnen Williams and don’t look back.

Coltsalr
04-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Josh Allen? You get Quinnen Williams and don’t look back.

From a scheme standpoint you’re probably right (Josh Allen I’m not sure can go hand in the dirt full time and I’m not sure you’d want to given that he actually is good at dropping back into coverage).

That said, I watch a ton of SEC football and Josh Allen always jumped out more to me. I’d obviously love to have Quinnen Williams as well, too, though.

Chromeburn
04-22-2019, 02:24 PM
From a scheme standpoint you’re probably right (Josh Allen I’m not sure can go hand in the dirt full time and I’m not sure you’d want to given that he actually is good at dropping back into coverage).

That said, I watch a ton of SEC football and Josh Allen always jumped out more to me. I’d obviously love to have Quinnen Williams as well, too, though.

I watch it too, trust me, Williams jumps out just as much. And he is on a defense stacked with four and five star recruits. He would be a player who would actually start for us. At 26 I don’t know if we will get a starter with that pick.

I like Allen, but he is a better fit for a 3-4 defense.

If deciding between an equally excellent inside rusher and outside rusher, go inside rusher. Shorter path to the QB and can be more disruptive.

VeveJones007
04-22-2019, 02:45 PM
I watch it too, trust me, Williams jumps out just as much. And he is on a defense stacked with four and five star recruits. He would be a player who would actually start for us. At 26 I don’t know if we will get a starter with that pick.

I like Allen, but he is a better fit for a 3-4 defense.

If deciding between an equally excellent inside rusher and outside rusher, go inside rusher. Shorter path to the QB and can be more disruptive.

Yep. How many times did we witness that against Brady? Need interior pressure to disrupt QBs who get rid of the ball so quickly. Only caveat is that you want balance across the entire line to limit double-teams against the interior pressure.