View Full Version : Andrew Luck - Accuracy

Wyatt
05-08-2017, 09:55 AM
@Cianaf
Accuracy on throws that travelled further than five yards downfield:
1. Andrew Luck 73.83%
2. Aaron Rodgers 71.51%
3. Drew Brees 70.21%

One of his major knocks was that he wasn't consistent on his accuracy, hopefully 2017 will follow 2016's trend and remain at the top of the league

omahacolt
05-08-2017, 11:21 AM
@Cianaf
Accuracy on throws that travelled further than five yards downfield:
1. Andrew Luck 73.83%
2. Aaron Rodgers 71.51%
3. Drew Brees 70.21%

One of his major knocks was that he wasn't consistent on his accuracy, hopefully 2017 will follow 2016's trend and remain at the top of the league

How do they define accuracy

Wyatt
05-08-2017, 11:39 AM
http://presnapreads.com/2017/04/29/pre-snap-reads-quarterback-catalogue-2017-19-99/

not 100% sure on his method, but not looking to spend $20 on a copy of his book either

sherck
05-08-2017, 11:45 AM
My guess is that he is doing a judgment call on if the pass was "catchable" as the measure of his accuracy. Whether the catch happened then becomes a factor of the defensive playmakers and if the receiver can actually bring the ball in.

But, it will end up being a judgment call on if the pass was accurate. As long as he is putting every pass through a specific set of filters to determine it then the method is fine. However, my guess is that we will not get to see that method.

Still, like PFF, while we may not know what goes into the score, having someone else "chart" every play and put it against a scoring system has some value.

Cheers,

DrSpaceman
05-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Given that we are all spoiled by his predecessor, what was Manning's percent for this in his prime?

I still think Luck throws high. Some are still caught, but he still struggles with this

apballin
05-08-2017, 06:20 PM
Not bad for a guy with a fucked up throwing shoulder

Maniac
05-09-2017, 12:23 PM
He's not as accurate as Rodgers. A lot of Luck's passes go high on the receiver when they don't need to. They may still be catchable, but Rodgers places the footballs better.

omahacolt
05-09-2017, 08:25 PM
My guess is that he is doing a judgment call on if the pass was "catchable" as the measure of his accuracy. Whether the catch happened then becomes a factor of the defensive playmakers and if the receiver can actually bring the ball in.

But, it will end up being a judgment call on if the pass was accurate. As long as he is putting every pass through a specific set of filters to determine it then the method is fine. However, my guess is that we will not get to see that method.

Still, like PFF, while we may not know what goes into the score, having someone else "chart" every play and put it against a scoring system has some value.

Cheers,

No. It actually adds zero value

apballin
05-10-2017, 10:10 PM
He's not as accurate as Rodgers. A lot of Luck's passes go high on the receiver when they don't need to. They may still be catchable, but Rodgers places the footballs better.

His shoulder was fucked up

Maniac
05-11-2017, 09:29 AM
His shoulder was fucked up

Yes it has been, and he has played great with that injury. However, the high throws have been there his entire NFL career.

apballin
05-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Yes it has been, and he has played great with that injury. However, the high throws have been there his entire NFL career.

Accuracy wasn't an issue until after the injuries

Maniac
05-11-2017, 06:18 PM
Accuracy wasn't an issue until after the injuries

He has thrown high passes his entire NFL career. It's a minor issue, but it has been there. The injury had nothing to do with that. His injury affected him in other ways, but this was there whole time. He's still very accurate, but not as accurate with ball placement as someone like Rodgers.