PDA

View Full Version : Secondary

VeveJones007
03-27-2019, 09:50 PM
After re-signing Desir and Geathers, the secondary looks a lot more stable than it did a month ago. Still, most of us would probably agree that it needs more attention. Ballard seems to agree:

I asked Ballard about the crop of defensive backs in this draft because he specifically mentioned the lack of depth in the Colts’ current secondary as something he wants to monitor.

Here was his assessment of this class of defensive backs: “I’m finishing up (film) on corners and safeties right now. We think there’s some really good depth, especially (in the) late second, third, fourth (rounds). There’s some really good depth in the draft. And then there’s always some later-round guys you like because of traits. We think there’s some good depth there.”

Holder goes on to say that he wouldn't be shocked to see a player in the secondary taken in the 1st round, but that corner is probably more of a day 2/3 type of value for this scheme (which I absolutely agree with).

https://theathletic.com/892290/2019/03/27/draft-intel-peyton-and-more-seven-takeaways-from-the-colts-brass-at-the-nfls-annual-meeting/

VeveJones007
03-27-2019, 10:40 PM
Colts DB coach worked out Abram today. I know some people hate the idea of taking another safety high, but good lord would he be great in this scheme.

Puck
03-27-2019, 10:42 PM
Colts DB coach worked out Abram today. I know some people hate the idea of taking another safety high, but good lord would he be great in this scheme.

Need to trade back