OLB: Jabaal Sheard, Tarell Bashum

OLB: John Simon, Akeem Ayers

ILB: Antonio Morrison, Jon Bostic

ILB: Sean Spence, Edwin Jackson

CB: Vontae Davis, Rashaan Melvin

CB: Quincy Wilson, Nate Hairston

SS: Clayton Geathers, T.J. Green

FS: Malik Hooker, Darius Butler*

* We’re projecting Butler to also play cornerback where he likely would be the nickel (fifth) corner.

GoBigBlue88
05-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Safety mix doesn't look half bad, but the rest of that shows how little depth defense (obviously) still has (outside of miraculous return to form for Anderson + Langford).

I'll be rooting for Walker to crack the two-deep over Bostic/Jackson, push Morrison.

Dam8610
05-04-2017, 06:01 PM
I'm surprised Walker Jr. isn't listed at either ILB spot. I fully expect him to compete for a starting job, and certainly end up ahead of Morrison and probably Jackson on the depth chart.

YDFL Commish
05-04-2017, 07:11 PM
I'm surprised Walker Jr. isn't listed at either ILB spot. I fully expect him to compete for a starting job, and certainly end up ahead of Morrison and probably Jackson on the depth chart.

Yes, if Walker can't beat out Morrison, then it's a bad draft pick. Although, I fully expect Walker to beat out Morrison.

I wouldn't put Mack ahead of Turbin just yet. Turbin will have his role and Mack will have his role. If Gore were to miss some games, I would expect Turbin to start in his place.

I'm also not sure about Good as backup LG, since he's only played strictly on the right side.

FatDT
05-04-2017, 08:47 PM
I'm also not sure about Good as backup LG, since he's only played strictly on the right side.

Schwenke might be the primary backup at all three interior spots.

apballin
05-04-2017, 08:57 PM
ILB is wrong, Jackson will start beside Spence Morrison will be a special teams player

Flexo
05-05-2017, 11:05 PM
Those LBers are baaaaad. Need to be the focus next year if we stay in a 3-4.

Dam8610
05-05-2017, 11:25 PM

LB is average-below average at this point, but not bad. Expect Morrison to get cut and Walker to be in the mix for a starting role.

That said, I agree that LB should be the focus of the next draft. Like Ballard said, you can never have too many pass rushers.

falloutboy14
05-06-2017, 07:15 AM

That's another great point about Ballard's draft. Every player selected can find a home in a 4-3 as well.

YDFL Commish
05-06-2017, 09:49 AM
That's another great point about Ballard's draft. Every player selected can find a home in a 4-3 as well.

Very good point. I was thinking the same thing as well.

For the most part, if Pag's were to get fired and the new coach went to a 4-3, most FA signings and drafted defensive players would transition to a 4-3 nicely.

indycolts2
05-06-2017, 10:57 AM

Those LB'ers are better than the last couple years versions.

Coltsalr
05-06-2017, 11:04 AM

The ILBers are uninspiring, but I tend to like the two starters at OLB. The depth behind them is worrisome (though I'd like to see Ayers after a full offseason). The ILBers though...yeah...

Dam8610
05-06-2017, 09:21 PM
The ILBers are uninspiring, but I tend to like the two starters at OLB. The depth behind them is worrisome (though I'd like to see Ayers after a full offseason). The ILBers though...yeah...

Looks a lot better if you sub Walker in for Morrison, which will likely happen.

Racehorse
05-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Another look at the current roster:
http://profootballspot.com/indianapolis-colts-roster-outlook-may/