PDA

View Full Version : Zzzzzzzzz

Maniac
03-17-2019, 02:34 PM
This free agency approach by the Colts sucks. Are they trying to bore their fan base to death in the offseason?

Dam8610
03-17-2019, 04:20 PM
This free agency approach by the Colts sucks. Are they trying to bore their fan base to death in the offseason?

Boredom in March typically means excitement in September-February, at least it has for the last 20 or so years.

Maniac
03-17-2019, 10:35 PM
Boredom in March typically means excitement in September-February, at least it has for the last 20 or so years.

Seems like it wasn't until Polian finally bit the bullet and spent money for a DT that we got to the superbowl.

It's tough to go only through the draft when you're drafting at the end of the first round. Polian had a few years where he drafted high like we did last year to restock on some stud players.

Even if you draft well, there's nothing wrong with supplementing that with some outside free agent talent. Hopefully for starters, but if nothing else, at least for quality depth.

Dewey 5
03-17-2019, 10:46 PM
Seems like it wasn't until Polian finally bit the bullet and spent money for a DT that we got to the superbowl.

It's tough to go only through the draft when you're drafting at the end of the first round. Polian had a few years where he drafted high like we did last year to restock on some stud players.

Even if you draft well, there's nothing wrong with supplementing that with some outside free agent talent. Hopefully for starters, but if nothing else, at least for quality depth.

Booger McFarland? He came to Indy via trade.

Ballard has added some FA's. He just not going to overpay like some teams.

Dam8610
03-18-2019, 12:40 AM

Corey Simon, and that 2005 team should've won the Super Bowl and likely would've had Dungy's son not committed suicide and had Harper's wife not stabbed his leg in the week(ish) leading up to the game.

Maniac
03-18-2019, 12:47 AM

Yes, him and Simon. You're right that Booger was brought here in a trade, but same basic thing. He spent a draft pick to bring in someone because their drafting wasn't enough, they needed to bring in someone.

I know he's added some decent FA's last year, and apparently he's willing to overpay for an average WR for a year, so why not overpay for 1 or 2 guys who are actually good players? They need more talent on defense, and enough of it comes from the draft. I'm not advocating him being stupid and signing every available FA, but acquiring a few talented players isn't a bad thing.

Discflinger
03-18-2019, 01:07 AM
Corey Simon, and that 2005 team should've won the Super Bowl and likely would've had Dungy's son not committed suicide and had Harper's wife not stabbed his leg in the week(ish) leading up to the game.

Most dominant team I have ever witnessed.

Dam8610
03-18-2019, 09:51 AM

Double digit spread lines were almost unheard of in the NFL until that team.

Chromeburn
03-18-2019, 02:16 PM

Colts team? ‘85 bears was most dominant team I ever saw. Then Dallas teams. That Houston Oilers team Reich upset was one of the best teams I ever saw that didn’t win a SB.

Dewey 5
03-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Five of the six lightest-spending teams made the playoffs last year, and two of the three lightest spenders played in the Super Bowl. Ten of the 12 playoffs teams from last year are in the bottom 14 in spending thus far. And two of the four in that cluster that didn’t make the playoffs (Atlanta, Carolina) have been in the Super Bowl and made the playoffs multiple times over the last four years.
• That leaves two of the 18 heaviest spenders that made the playoffs. One was eighth (Philly), the other was 12th (Baltimore).
• It’s not unusual that it’d skew this way—good teams don’t spend because they’ve already paid a lot of their own guys and likely don’t feel as desperate. But a quick look at the recent past shows that this year the divide between the habits of the haves and have-nots was much more pronounced.

So how do you explain it? Well, that part’s simple too.

“It’s just a bad class,” said one NFC exec. “This class was always ‘buyer beware.’ Even the guys who got franchised, not that they’re one-year wonders, but players like Frank Clark, Dee Ford—it’s more just that you wouldn’t be sure if you would want to go invest significantly in them.”

And maybe that’s why Bill Belichick was in Barbados while the rest of us were getting all hysterical back here.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/18/free-agency-spending-cowboys-kyler-murray-tyreek-hill?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

rcubed
03-18-2019, 08:26 PM
I know it’s not over yet but I thought we would be a little bit more active in the second tier free-agent market.

Butter
03-18-2019, 08:33 PM
I know he's added some decent FA's last year, and apparently he's willing to overpay for an average WR for a year, so why not overpay for 1 or 2 guys who are actually good players? They need more talent on defense, and enough of it comes from the draft. I'm not advocating him being stupid and signing every available FA, but acquiring a few talented players isn't a bad thing.

Length of contract is a big part of this. The top FAs want big and long with lots guaranteed, Funchess is a one year that does not fuck us in later years.

Coltsalr
03-18-2019, 08:36 PM
There’s still:

Zach Brown
NDonkeyKong Suh
Justin Houston
Eric Berry

He comes away with those four and it’d be hard to argue we weren’t actually active in the FA market, to be honest.

Butter
03-18-2019, 08:39 PM
There’s still:

Zach Brown
NDonkeyKong Suh
Justin Houston
Eric Berry

He comes away with those four and it’d be hard to argue we weren’t actually active in the FA market, to be honest.

There is no way he signs all four of them.

Coltsalr
03-18-2019, 08:42 PM
There is no way he signs all four of them.

Let a man dream, man. Let a man dream.

In reality, if he wanted Berry/Houston (two Chiefs that he assuredly has plenty of familiarity with) I’d imagine he would’ve made his move on getting them by now.

Suh probably doesn’t “fit the culture.”

So that maybe leaves Zach Brown, which I would be very happy over, but I could also see Ballard avoiding because he’s happy with Adams.

VeveJones007
03-18-2019, 10:08 PM

Or if the OL actually showed up to play.

YDFL Commish
03-18-2019, 10:13 PM
Let a man dream, man. Let a man dream.

In reality, if he wanted Berry/Houston (two Chiefs that he assuredly has plenty of familiarity with) I’d imagine he would’ve made his move on getting them by now.

Suh probably doesn’t “fit the culture.”

So that maybe leaves Zach Brown, which I would be very happy over, but I could also see Ballard avoiding because he’s happy with Adams.

First off improving the SAM position should be the least of anybodies worries.

Secondly, does Eric Berry really fit into this defense wit Malik Hooker...I'm not sure he does?

Lastly, I believe that Houston is done, and his production continues to slide.

Sounds like Grigson plan to me.

Butter
03-18-2019, 10:31 PM

Agreed the Big Nickle is the future, so Sam is a bit role. A Saftey three and Slot Corner are becoming much more important.

Chromeburn
03-19-2019, 12:34 AM

Secondly, does Eric Berry really fit into this defense wit Malik Hooker...I'm not sure he does?

SS is a big hole for me. We might wait till after the draft to fill any holes. If he even does that.

apballin
03-19-2019, 06:07 AM
I still say geathers will be back

Hoopsdoc
03-19-2019, 08:04 AM

Berry is finished. I’d rather take a shot on Houston.

VeveJones007
03-19-2019, 09:55 AM
SS is a big hole for me. We might wait till after the draft to fill any holes. If he even does that.

Biggest hole on the roster right now and one of the most important positions on the defense in this scheme. Luckily there are some really good draft options. I expect Ballard will re-sign Geathers to a 1 year deal and draft a SS with one of his top 4 picks.

Coltsalr
03-19-2019, 10:17 AM

Which is wonderful, because Brown would be the MIKE in this defense, not the SAM.

Given that Eric Berry is an SS and Malik Hooker is an FS, I would think so.

Houston has probably experienced some decline but at 9 sacks in 12 games last year, he's still got some juice and would be likely the Colts' best pass rusher as of right now.

Brylok
03-19-2019, 10:32 AM
"...zzzZzzz...zzzZzzz..."

Dam8610
03-19-2019, 10:50 AM

Honestly if the Colts could just trade their top three draft picks for Mississippi State's top three defenders, I'd take that deal, as it fills the Colts three biggest needs. Sweat is a freak athlete that should develop into a monster pass rusher at DE, Simmons is an excellent 3 tech, and Abram may be the best in the box safety in the draft, and he has enough range to switch him off and have him play free in a disguise/pinch.

Coltsalr
03-19-2019, 10:54 AM
Honestly if the Colts could just trade their top three draft picks for Mississippi State's top three defenders, I'd take that deal, as it fills the Colts three biggest needs. Sweat is a freak athlete that should develop into a monster pass rusher at DE, Simmons is an excellent 3 tech, and Abram may be the best in the box safety in the draft, and he has enough range to switch him off and have him play free in a disguise/pinch.

Much as I hate Mississippi State, I do agree with you here.

VeveJones007
03-19-2019, 11:32 AM

Yeah, that would be pretty amazing. Taylor Rapp is another player to watch at SS. I still imagine Ballard will go DE & DL with 26 and 34, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has Rapp or Abram as BPA and takes them at one of those spots.

Chromeburn
03-19-2019, 12:56 PM

I would take that as well. But it doesn’t match up value wise.

Chromeburn
03-19-2019, 12:58 PM
Yeah, that would be pretty amazing. Taylor Rapp is another player to watch at SS. I still imagine Ballard will go DE & DL with 26 and 34, but I wouldn't be shocked if he has Rapp or Abram as BPA and takes them at one of those spots.

WR might slip in there. He usually doesn’t pick that position high, but it depends what they value. Lots of decent and big receivers here.

Dam8610
03-19-2019, 01:35 PM
WR might slip in there. He usually doesn’t pick that position high, but it depends what they value. Lots of decent and big receivers here.

There's only one WR for which I would be okay with that, and that is D.K. Metcalf because he may be Calvin Johnson 2.0. Otherwise, defense.

Coltsalr
03-19-2019, 01:42 PM
There's only one WR for which I would be okay with that, and that is D.K. Metcalf because he may be Calvin Johnson 2.0. Otherwise, defense.

I'd say that, yes, and AJ Brown if he's available at 2.3

Dam8610
03-19-2019, 02:01 PM
I'd say that, yes, and AJ Brown if he's available at 2.3

Nope, just Metcalf for me. You don't pass up that level of talent if available. But defense is sorely needed for this team.

Chromeburn
03-19-2019, 03:39 PM

No thank you. A guy with a slower 3 cone than Tom Brady is suspect to me. WRs run routes, not a straight line. If you can’t separate out of breaks with that frame and body something is amiss.

Coltsalr
03-19-2019, 04:19 PM
No thank you. A guy with a slower 3 cone than Tom Brady is suspect to me. WRs run routes, not a straight line. If you can’t separate out of breaks with that frame and body something is amiss.

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1102799455516938240

Dam8610
03-19-2019, 06:45 PM

Calvin Johnson didn't run a 3 cone for this exact reason. He also ran slants, posts, curls, and gos about 75% of the time in his career and was obviously very productive doing that. I trust that Reich would use Metcalf in the exact same manner.

Check out this video, Brett Kollmann explains it really well (https://youtu.be/Y9EAnLHj2v4).

Indiana V2
03-19-2019, 10:01 PM
I think we go defense in the first round.

Butter
03-19-2019, 10:49 PM

I think that would be ideal, but it will really come down to what is there when we pick. You can't pass on a superior talent if it is there in the first round.

Dam8610
03-19-2019, 11:13 PM

I hope the Colts go defense in Round 1. If the choice is Metcalf or a borderline 1st round defender, I think you have to take Metcalf.

apballin
03-19-2019, 11:25 PM
I hope the Colts go defense in Round 1. If the choice is Metcalf or a borderline 1st round defender, I think you have to take Metcalf.

No way metcalf will be there

Dam8610
03-19-2019, 11:43 PM
No way metcalf will be there

Probably not, but he's the only forgivable reason to not go defense or trade down at 26.

YDFL Commish
03-20-2019, 07:25 AM

I would trade down. Metcalf will be David Boston -1.0.

Dam8610
03-20-2019, 07:56 AM

I disagree. Hopefully he's off the board, it doesn't matter, and the Colts take the best defender or trade down.

FatDT
03-20-2019, 09:14 AM

Besides looking like a bodybuilder, what similarities are there between Metcalf and Boston?

VeveJones007
03-20-2019, 09:47 AM
I disagree. Hopefully he's off the board, it doesn't matter, and the Colts take the best defender or trade down.

I'm resigned to the Colts "reaching" for a Rd2 talent on defense at 26. Some draft analysts are saying there's really only about 20 1st round grades this year. Maybe someone falls, but I'm just assuming it won't happen.

Lawrence Owen
03-20-2019, 10:34 AM

The next Johnson could be A.J. Brown IMO. Great height, size catch radius, and easily the best after the catch feild awareness and toughness of all the WR's. He's just slower than Metcalf.
Metcalf can run fast in a straight line. But he doesn't stop and go, cut corners, or make breaks well at all. And that is how a WR get's open. I think Metcalf is another John Ross, but stronger physically.

Dam8610
03-20-2019, 02:45 PM
The next Johnson could be A.J. Brown IMO. Great height, size catch radius, and easily the best after the catch feild awareness and toughness of all the WR's. He's just slower than Metcalf.
Metcalf can run fast in a straight line. But he doesn't stop and go, cut corners, or make breaks well at all. And that is how a WR get's open. I think Metcalf is another John Ross, but stronger physically.

Calvin Johnson had terrible COD skills but was able to get open by taking advantage of his size and speed. If you take Metcalf and use him like Johnson, you'll have a great player (barring injury). If he runs slants (size), curls (size, speed), posts (speed) and flys (size, speed), he'll have monster production. He's not a COD guy, and you have to be okay with using him that way, but Calvin Johnson showed that a player with Metcalf's skillset can be very productive in the NFL.

Dam8610
03-20-2019, 02:46 PM
I'm resigned to the Colts "reaching" for a Rd2 talent on defense at 26. Some draft analysts are saying there's really only about 20 1st round grades this year. Maybe someone falls, but I'm just assuming it won't happen.

I'd rather trade down with a QB needy team at that point. Maybe Sweat will fall with the heart condition.

VeveJones007
03-20-2019, 03:05 PM
I'd rather trade down with a QB needy team at that point. Maybe Sweat will fall with the heart condition.

I should have been more explicit--I don't think there will be a trade partner to trade down if so few teams have 1st round grades.

Luck4Reich
03-20-2019, 03:05 PM
https://nfltraderumors.co/colts-hosting-de-olb-aaron-lynch-for-visit/

Aaron Lynch?

What's his Story?

YDFL Commish
03-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Besides looking like a bodybuilder, what similarities are there between Metcalf and Boston?

The reason I said -1.0 is that Metcalf hasn't even had good college production. AJ Brown was the better WR on his team.

Also Metcalfs lackluster 3-cone shows that his change of direction ability will not be adequate enough to et him open in the NFL.

Dam8610
03-20-2019, 07:58 PM
The reason I said -1.0 is that Metcalf hasn't even had good college production. AJ Brown was the better WR on his team.

Also Metcalfs lackluster 3-cone shows that his change of direction ability will not be adequate enough to et him open in the NFL.

He doesn't need COD. His size and speed are sufficient.

YDFL Commish
03-20-2019, 08:33 PM
He doesn't need COD. His size and speed are sufficient.

If you believe that, then you sir are a fool.

Chromeburn
03-20-2019, 08:35 PM
Calvin Johnson didn't run a 3 cone for this exact reason. He also ran slants, posts, curls, and gos about 75% of the time in his career and was obviously very productive doing that. I trust that Reich would use Metcalf in the exact same manner.

Check out this video, Brett Kollmann explains it really well (https://youtu.be/Y9EAnLHj2v4).

I like my receivers to be able to run a whole route tree. He catches the ball well and in stride. Calvin Johnson has a huge catch radius though, you could throw it high to him even if he was covered. Did he have his pro day yet?

Chromeburn
03-20-2019, 08:40 PM

That’s pretty typical. Most years there are only 10-20 guys that only have a high grade. Heard Polian talk about it once.

Dam8610
03-20-2019, 09:02 PM

Find a 3 cone time for this guy. He did pretty well. (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCa00.htm)

Dam8610
03-20-2019, 09:10 PM
I like my receivers to be able to run a whole route tree. He catches the ball well and in stride. Calvin Johnson has a huge catch radius though, you could throw it high to him even if he was covered. Did he have his pro day yet?

Calvin Johnson: 6'5" 237 4.35 40 no 3 cone time
Demaryius Thomas: 6'3" 229 4.38 40 no 3 cone time
D.K. Metcalf: 6'3" 228 4.33 40 7.38 3 cone

I think Johnson and Thomas would've had poor 3 cone times, they were just smart enough to not run the drill. That's not their game. Their game is being big, fast, hard to bring down, and using those elements to produce.

rcubed
03-20-2019, 09:20 PM
Calvin Johnson: 6'5" 237 4.35 40 no 3 cone time
Demaryius Thomas: 6'3" 229 4.38 40 no 3 cone time
D.K. Metcalf: 6'3" 228 4.33 40 7.38 3 cone

I think Johnson and Thomas would've had poor 3 cone times, they were just smart enough to not run the drill. That's not their game. Their game is being big, fast, hard to bring down, and using those elements to produce.
You mean they were not perfect at everything and played to their strengths??? Whaaaaat!?!?

FatDT
03-20-2019, 09:42 PM
People complained about Bradley Chubb’s 3 cone last year and he kicked ass as a rookie.

Indiana V2
03-20-2019, 10:21 PM

I thought that was already proven?

YDFL Commish
03-20-2019, 10:27 PM
People complained about Bradley Chubb’s 3 cone last year and he kicked ass as a rookie.

Apples and oranges...DE 3-cone does not pertain to a WR 3-cone. The most important measurable for an edge rusher is his 10-yard split...and even this can be subjective, when you watch his tape, you want to be sure that they match.

YDFL Commish
03-20-2019, 10:33 PM
Find a 3 cone time for this guy. He did pretty well. (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnCa00.htm)

Which proves nothing, because there is the chance that he would've performed well.

You can salivate for Metcalf all you want. I'm just saying...buyer beware. There are a lot of WR's in the later rounds who are less likely to bust, that I would say are better values.

FatDT
03-21-2019, 09:34 AM
Apples and oranges...DE 3-cone does not pertain to a WR 3-cone. The most important measurable for an edge rusher is his 10-yard split...and even this can be subjective, when you watch his tape, you want to be sure that they match.

They're different positions but the 3 cone measures the same thing regardless of who is running it. It's overrated and doesn't outweigh what the tape shows. It's silly to get hung up on it.

If you want to say Metcalf's tape isn't good enough to warrant a high pick, then ok. I think you can make that argument.

JAFF
03-21-2019, 02:47 PM
When they add a three cone competition in the NFL I’ll pay attention. Did he make plays in a game?

smitty46953
03-21-2019, 02:59 PM
When they add a three cone competition in the NFL I’ll pay attention. Did he make plays in a game?

Yes, personally rather Ballard go from his scouts word and the game tapes. This isn't PE class … :cool:

Coltsalr
03-21-2019, 04:01 PM

Well Houston is now a Colt.

So much for the Grigson plan.

JAFF
03-21-2019, 04:16 PM
Well Houston is now a Colt.

So much for the Grigson plan.

Will he make the Colts better?

YDFL Commish
03-21-2019, 05:07 PM

Metcalf has virtually no production throughout his college career.

Dam8610
03-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Metcalf has virtually no production throughout his college career.

Ta'amu was a pretty bad QB.

VeveJones007
03-21-2019, 05:49 PM
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!

This is a reasonable gamble that could pay off. I’m sure it’ll be structured so the Colts can get out of year 2 at limited cap hit.

Coltsalr
03-21-2019, 05:51 PM

He’s okay.

Phil Longo, the OC at Ole Miss, however, was an incompetent retard.

YDFL Commish
03-21-2019, 05:58 PM

Yet AJ Brown had a great season?

Dam8610
03-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Yet AJ Brown had a great season?

Metcalf got injured. 26 receptions for 569 yards and 5 TDs in 7 games. That's not poor production and it was with a bad QB.

YDFL Commish
03-21-2019, 08:33 PM
Metcalf got injured. 26 receptions for 569 yards and 5 TDs in 7 games. That's not poor production and it was with a bad QB.

He never had a solid season.

omahacolt
03-21-2019, 08:46 PM
Biggest hole on the roster right now and one of the most important positions on the defense in this scheme. Luckily there are some really good draft options. I expect Ballard will re-sign Geathers to a 1 year deal and draft a SS with one of his top 4 picks.

Wrong

omahacolt
03-21-2019, 08:48 PM
https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/status/1102799455516938240

Dam LITERALLY only cares about a 40 time

JAFF
03-21-2019, 09:01 PM
Dam only cares about a 40 time

Is that 40 times around three cones?

Dam8610
03-21-2019, 09:04 PM
Dam only cares about a 40 time

You're clueless, but I think you already knew that.

YDFL Commish
03-21-2019, 09:13 PM

I'm starting to also think that looking at a dudes pec's gives him a woody.

apballin
03-21-2019, 09:18 PM

Bs 40 times matter

Luck4Reich
03-21-2019, 09:20 PM
What has Metcalf done exactly to get anyone excited?
He is going to disappear quickly into the Bust abyss.

Let someone else have him. No thanks.

YDFL Commish
03-21-2019, 09:25 PM
What has Metcalf done exactly to get anyone excited?
He is going to disappear quickly into the Bust abyss.

Let someone else have him. No thanks.

Nothing...but dammy loves his physique...and his 40 time.

Luck4Reich
03-21-2019, 09:32 PM

Maybe the Raiders will take him. They loved them some DHB and his 40 time.

Dam8610
03-21-2019, 09:46 PM

Meh, more that I see Brett Kollmann's point that he could be a very productive receiver in the mold of Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas. That said, Metcalf probably won't be there at 26, and Ballard probably wouldn't take him if he were there because he'll probably want to go defense.

YDFL Commish
03-21-2019, 09:47 PM
Meh, more that I see Brett Kollmann's point that he could be a very productive receiver in the mold of Calvin Johnson or Demaryius Thomas. That said, Metcalf probably won't be there at 26, and Ballard probably wouldn't take him if he were there because he'll probably want to go defense.

I wouldn't take him in the 2nd round.

Luck4Reich
03-21-2019, 10:00 PM

Just about every WR taken after him will outperform him. Take it to the bank.

Dam8610
03-21-2019, 10:56 PM

Cool. Agree to disagree.

smitty46953
03-21-2019, 11:20 PM
Personally I am afraid D.K. Metcalf could turn into Darius Heyward-Bey. Hope not for his sake. :cool:

Luck4Reich
03-21-2019, 11:31 PM
Maybe the Raiders will take him. They loved them some DHB and his 40 time.

Personally I am afraid D.K. Metcalf could turn into Darius Heyward-Bey. Hope not for his sake. :cool:

:cool:

Dam8610
03-21-2019, 11:53 PM

DHB couldn't catch and had nothing but speed in his favor.

omahacolt
03-22-2019, 06:28 AM
Every year Dam falls in love with the workout warriors

Luck4Reich
03-22-2019, 08:41 AM

He should just hang out at his local gym, maybe he can find love there.:cool:

Dam8610
03-22-2019, 09:10 AM

That's demonstrably false, but don't let facts get in the way of your narrative.

apballin
03-22-2019, 10:36 AM
Metcalf will be long gone by 26 this shouldn’t be a discussion

apballin
03-22-2019, 10:37 AM

And so do half the gms in the league

Luck4Reich
03-22-2019, 10:55 AM

I wouldn’t call the Jets and Raiders half the league.

omahacolt
03-22-2019, 11:11 AM

There is no way that you aren’t dams burner account

JAFF
03-22-2019, 11:12 AM

Because every team should listen to their fans when it comes to the roster

JAFF
03-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Thats funny,because I thought you were dams burner account!

:eek:

apballin
03-22-2019, 05:06 PM

Metcalf went from late 1st round to top 15 off his 40 time alone, gms take 40s into account and it does move players up

FatDT
03-22-2019, 06:03 PM
Metcalf went from late 1st round to top 15 off his 40 time alone, gms take 40s into account and it does move players up

Metcalf didn't go anywhere based on his 40 because no one has drafted yet and teams don't tell journalists their draft board.

omahacolt
03-22-2019, 06:21 PM

Not really

apballin
03-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Ok you fuckin bums will see when this dude goes top 15 when there’s absolutely no reason for him to be based on his production in college I’ll sit here and laugh at all you fuckin pussies

Luck4Reich
03-22-2019, 10:56 PM
Ok you fuckin bums will see when this dude goes top 15 when there’s absolutely no reason for him to be based on his production in college I’ll sit here and laugh at all you fuckin pussies

The team that takes him in the top 15 will have wasted their pick and look like dumb asses. But glad it will not be the Colts so I will not give a damn.

FatDT
03-22-2019, 11:43 PM

You dipshit, you don’t even understand what you’re arguing about.

YDFL Commish
03-23-2019, 09:19 AM
The team that takes him in the top 15 will have wasted their pick and look like dumb asses. But glad it will not be the Colts so I will not give a damn.

Just because some idiot GM picks him at 15 doesn't mean that he's a top 15 talent.

Luck4Reich
03-23-2019, 09:23 AM
Just because some idiot GM picks him at 15 doesn't mean that he's a top 15 talent.
Yes I agree. Hope you are not correcting me. I think the dude will bust. Dam and AP are the ones that love him.

Coltsalr
03-23-2019, 10:19 AM
Yes I agree. Hope you are not correcting me. I think the dude will bust. Dam and AP are the ones that love him.

I’m not sure if AP even knows what he’s arguing.

I love Metcalf but I’m also an Ole Miss diehard homer.

apballin
03-23-2019, 11:20 AM
I’m arguing that a 40 time matters and metcalf will be gone by the time the colts pick anyway

YDFL Commish
03-23-2019, 11:43 AM
Yes I agree. Hope you are not correcting me. I think the dude will bust. Dam and AP are the ones that love him. No ap

Coltsalr
03-29-2019, 02:35 PM

He also improved his cone time today (as expected):

https://twitter.com/jamespalmertv/status/1111670265552007168?s=21

Chromeburn
03-29-2019, 03:03 PM
He also improved his cone time today (as expected):

https://twitter.com/jamespalmertv/status/1111670265552007168?s=21

So he tied Tom Beady instead of being beaten by him. A lot of receivers avoid the tgeee cone for this reason. But usually they average under 7 seconds, good ones. For example Cooper Kupp has a slow 40 at 4.65 but had a decent 3-cone a 6.75 or something. He has done pretty well. But for a guy that fast and that cut why doesn’t he have a little more agility? It a question that teams will ask, especially with his limited body of work. I bet Ballard still considers him because he likes those A+ athletes at WR. I just don’t see him spending the first on him.

Dam8610
03-29-2019, 03:13 PM
So he tied Tom Beady instead of being beaten by him. A lot of receivers avoid the tgeee cone for this reason. But usually they average under 7 seconds, good ones. For example Cooper Kupp has a slow 40 at 4.65 but had a decent 3-cone a 6.75 or something. He has done pretty well. But for a guy that fast and that cut why doesn’t he have a little more agility? It a question that teams will ask, especially with his limited body of work. I bet Ballard still considers him because he likes those A+ athletes at WR. I just don’t see him spending the first on him.

You can see in the video he's a long strider which is hurting him in that drill. He's not going to be your slot receiver, but you don't want him to be. You draft Metcalf to be the big bodied outside physical receiver that makes plays with his size and his long speed. Leave the short area quickness to the slot receiver type.

VeveJones007
03-29-2019, 04:28 PM

Like with Barkley last year, it won't matter because Metcalf won't be available at #26.

Oldcolt
03-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Like with Barkley last year, it won't matter because Metcalf won't be available at #26.

If he is don't want him

VeveJones007
03-29-2019, 04:41 PM
If he is don't want him

The whole discussion is moot because Ballard isn't taking a WR in the 1st round. He's been downplaying their "need" at WR all offseason and continues to stress that he wants to build up the lines.

Coltsalr
03-29-2019, 05:16 PM
The whole discussion is moot because Ballard isn't taking a WR in the 1st round. He's been downplaying their "need" at WR all offseason and continues to stress that he wants to build up the lines.

He did meet with AJ Brown today, however, and I do think he could be there at #34 and to my knowledge Ballard hasn’t ruled out WR at that spot...

@JamesPalmerTV
Ole Miss WR A.J. Brown has been a busy man. He’s already met with the Patriots, Colts, Giants and Eagles to name a few. Also upcoming visits lined up with the Bills and Packers.

VeveJones007
03-29-2019, 08:57 PM
He did meet with AJ Brown today, however, and I do think he could be there at #34 and to my knowledge Ballard hasn’t ruled out WR at that spot...

@JamesPalmerTV
Ole Miss WR A.J. Brown has been a busy man. He’s already met with the Patriots, Colts, Giants and Eagles to name a few. Also upcoming visits lined up with the Bills and Packers.

Fair. Are you sure that tweet means that Ballard met with him? Colts met with Abram earlier this week, but it was just the DB coach.

JAFF
03-29-2019, 08:59 PM
If he is don't want him

because others dont want him or just him?

Coltsalr
03-29-2019, 09:20 PM
Fair. Are you sure that tweet means that Ballard met with him? Colts met with Abram earlier this week, but it was just the DB coach.

Hrm, maybe not. I’m not sure what the Colts representation at Ole Miss’ pro day was.

apballin
03-30-2019, 09:11 AM
I don’t see Ballard going wr with either of the 1st 2 picks I look for defensive picks DT, CB, or safety in first 2 rounds

JAFF
03-30-2019, 11:48 AM
I don’t see Ballard going wr with either of the 1st 2 picks I look for defensive picks DT, CB, or safety in first 2 rounds

The only positions I believe will not be picked by Ballard my first two rounds his quarterback and Punter

Butter
03-30-2019, 12:15 PM
The only positions I believe will not be picked by Ballard my first two rounds his quarterback and Punter

So we are drafting a kicker?

JAFF
03-30-2019, 12:32 PM
So we are drafting a kicker?

Im in my 60s and have less grey hair than Vinitieri. We need to have his back up on the roster in case he can’t get through this year

Chromeburn
03-30-2019, 01:59 PM
You can see in the video he's a long strider which is hurting him in that drill. He's not going to be your slot receiver, but you don't want him to be. You draft Metcalf to be the big bodied outside physical receiver that makes plays with his size and his long speed. Leave the short area quickness to the slot receiver type.

He’s projected as a X receiver which is where Hilton plays. Yeah I know Metcalf likes to outrun guys, problem is he is not sure what to do when that guy can run with him also. Watch the LSU game and he really didn’t have an answer against Greedy Williams. And the league is full of fast corners who can keep up with him like Williams.

Butter
03-30-2019, 01:59 PM
Im in my 60s and have less grey hair than Vinitieri. We need to have his back up on the roster in case he can’t get through this year

You want to draft a kicker in the first 2 rounds?

Chromeburn
03-30-2019, 02:00 PM

I don’t think a WR will be drafted in the first round.

Chromeburn
03-30-2019, 02:04 PM

@JamesPalmerTV

Brown I would be ok with. A nice big slot wr who runs good route, has hands, decent speed. Nickle corners are usually small so he would not be pressed at the line easily. Good production with a mediocre QB. He could be there at 59. I don’t think these WRs are going high. Lots of depth at the position too. (Or is it to? Tooo? Toto?)

Dewey 5
03-30-2019, 02:31 PM

If he gets hurt or whatever they will just sign a kicker. No fucking way do they keep two FG kickers on the roster. Plus while you may have less grey I think he's probably in better football shape. Not worried.

Luck4Reich
03-30-2019, 02:44 PM

1. Hes a kicker.
2. So what you use more just for men than he does?

JAFF
03-30-2019, 06:00 PM
1. Hes a kicker.
2. So what you use more just for men than he does?

No I’ve managed to keep both my hair and my color through clean living And hard liquor

YDFL Commish
03-30-2019, 06:31 PM
No I’ve managed to keep both my hair and my color through clean living And hard liquor

I din't know that the two went hand in hand

JAFF
03-30-2019, 08:01 PM
I din't know that the two went hand in hand

Never too late to learn. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Coltsalr
03-30-2019, 09:39 PM
You want to draft a kicker in the first 2 rounds?

How did that work out for the Buc...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHA

Butter
03-31-2019, 12:07 AM
Never too late to learn. I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

I am at this point not convinced you have not had and/or need one.

JAFF
03-31-2019, 07:49 AM
I am at this point not convinced you have not had and/or need one.

You should try one of them. Flip coin if you cant decide which one.