PDA

View Full Version : 3-round mock draft I could get behind

sherck
03-08-2019, 09:19 AM
From NFL.com by Chad Reuter whom I like (located here) (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018948/article/threeround-2019-nfl-mock-draft-20-kyler-murray-to-jaguars).

PICK 26 Dexter Lawrence - DT
School: Clemson | Year: Junior
GM Chris Ballard says his team must continue to improve up front. Lawrence will be tough to move from the middle of the Colts' D-line.

PICK 34 Nasir Adderley - S
School: Delaware | Year: Senior
Adderley would be a good replacement if Clayton Geathers leaves as a free agent.

PICK 59 Amani Oruwariye - CB
School: Penn State | Year: Senior (RS)
Pierre Desir will get top-dollar value as a free agent, so the Colts may tap a second-round prospect to fill his shoes.

PICK 89 Anthony Johnson - WR
School: Buffalo | Year: Senior (RS)
Andrew Luck needs more reliable receivers when teams bracket T.Y. Hilton. Johnson should become just that for the Colts, as he is one of the more pro-ready pass catchers in the class.

Lawrence is a no brainer for me; I love that kids potential in the middle to dominate for years to come. His "A game" is very good. Teamed up with Hunt, Autry and Lewis in rotation? That is a DT position group to like.

Depending on what we do in free agency; even if we land Collins or Amos for Safety, I would be all for drafting a kid of Adderley's potential. You cannot have too many good safeties in today's pass happy league to help cover the slot AND support the run. The biggest knock on him in draft profiles seems to be some read/recognition skills at deep safety but as Safety-3 for the first couple of seasons, he would be playing a whole lot more short zone/man coverage on TEs/RBs and have time to develop that skill. I like his bio.

CB is thin to me with only Moore and Wilson on the roste that I have confidence in. Again, even if we sign a CB free agent, I would be all for taking a kid like Oruwariye. Kid seems built to play in a zone as a quote from his NFL.com draft bio states "When all factors are considered, he'll be considered a scheme fit for zone-heavy teams who covet physicality in press." Love it.

And, again, a WR in the 3rd can only help as we SO need to find a WR2 and WR3 that can help Hilton. Inman is a fine stopgap for WR3 but we need younger kids to step up. He has some NFL connections as "cousin of NFL players defensive end Jadeveon Clowney and cornerback Johnathan Joseph." Also found this quote interesting as it appears to apply well to the Colts "However, he could benefit from a connection with a play-action based passing attack that allows him to explore more of the route tree and field to take advantage of his size, build-up speed and ball skills." I think he would be a good fit.

Hopefully, our 2 fourth rounders could then be DE and O-Line and we would have an infusion of talent that would really hit our thin position groups.

I know many on here want DT/DE for two of our first three picks but I really see the secondary as being much, much thinner right now. Free agency could fix that but...

Walk Worthy,

VeveJones007
03-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Not a fan of that mock. Lawrence isn't a scheme fit. Even if the Colts had him, he would be a two down player. You don't spend a 1st round pick on that.

Dam8610
03-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Not a fan of that mock. Lawrence isn't a scheme fit. Even if the Colts had him, he would be a two down player. You don't spend a 1st round pick on that.

Lawrence isn't a scheme fit, and Adderley would essentially be the nickel back, he's not a SS type. In that mock I'd prefer Burns and Tillery at 26 and 34.

omahacolt
03-09-2019, 09:23 AM
That mock sucks dick

Racehorse
03-09-2019, 09:46 AM
That mock sucks dick

Because Shrek likes it, or something else?

Dam8610
03-09-2019, 11:06 AM

Because it's obvious the author doesn't know the Colts needs or scheme well. Lawrence is a 2 gap NT, Adderley is a FS. Neither of those fit the Colts needs, because they don't use 2 gap NTs and Hooker was a 1st round pick 2 years ago who has been decent-good when healthy. Meanwhile, Brian Burns and Jerry Tillery fit the Colts needs exactly (traited up edge rusher and UT/power DE), but he has them going after 26 and 34.

JAFF
03-09-2019, 02:12 PM
That mock sucks dick

must be talking from experience.

Chromeburn
03-09-2019, 02:55 PM

Yes.

apballin
03-09-2019, 03:17 PM
Just because Lawrence is big doesn’t mean he’s a 2 gap nose tackle he’s as athletic as any DT in this draft he fits the scheme cut the bullshit he’s a fuckin monster. Nfl comparison is Shaun Rogers who played in a 4-3 just fine

Dam8610
03-09-2019, 03:43 PM
Just because Lawrence is big doesn’t mean he’s a 2 gap nose tackle he’s as athletic as any DT in this draft he fits the scheme cut the bullshit he’s a fuckin monster. Nfl comparison is Shaun Rogers who played in a 4-3 just fine

Not sure I trust someone who thought Brian Price would be better than Suh to evaluate anything about DTs.

Chromeburn
03-09-2019, 03:58 PM
Saw another 3 round mock that had

26: Christian Wilkins
34: Noah Fant
59: Rennel Wren
90: JJ Arcega Whiteside

Which isn't too bad. No DE help though unless it comes later. But good amount of playmakers.

apballin
03-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Not sure I trust someone who thought Brian Price would be better than Suh to evaluate anything about DTs.

You got me on that, I’m all for drafting Lawrence though even though he’s no Price

FatDT
03-09-2019, 06:25 PM
Mocks are worthless until after a few weeks of FA.

omahacolt
03-09-2019, 07:02 PM

Both

Maniac
03-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Mocks are worthless

Could have just stopped there.