PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Wilson in last 10 games of 2018....

sherck
02-27-2019, 11:51 AM
The quoted stats:
Starting in Week 10, CB Quincy Wilson played 27+ defensive snaps at outside corner in 10 consecutive games (including the postseason).

That is more that I thought he had played and earlier than I remembered.

Wilson allowed just a 65.2 passer rating and 0.73 yards per coverage snap in the Colts’ last 10 games of the season, ranking seventh in both respects among the 66 cornerbacks with 200-plus coverage snaps in said span.

Whoa! That is a lot better than I would have suspected.

When targeted 10 or more yards down the field, he allowed just a 9.3 passer rating and forced an incompletion on 27.3% of such targets, both marks ranking inside the top 10.

Translating that if he allowed only a 9.3 passer rating downfield and an overall passer rating of 65.2, then he must have allowed a pretty high passer rating when targeted and the receiver was less than 10 yards downfield.

I don't want to say that Wilson is the "best ever" but those are some great signs pointing towards an upward trend on his play.

If we can re-sign Desir, draft a talented rookie and go into the season with Moore, Wilson, Desir and the rookie with depth provided by Hairston then that is a group to be excited about.

Walk Worthy,

Chromeburn
02-27-2019, 12:13 PM
I think he will make another jump this off season. As he learns how to prepare and how to study his instincts should start kicking in and does more reacting than thinking out there.

DrSpaceman
02-27-2019, 02:38 PM
He has the talent I think.

For him its concentrating on technique and discipline, being consistent

lack of coaching his first year likely didn't help

And an improved pass rush will help the whole secondary