PDA

View Full Version : Glowinski Signed to Extension

Coltsalr
01-29-2019, 11:49 AM
http://indcolts.co/scmf/OrMCe04Lcp0lODnLfjhEqxQL2zYHODhOEIm-T5i-RtIQ7j9I_kdE1hcPQDd4O5LJxfQiUmcjxE_yF9swgNy9rWqRws lC_H6TkXfGVv4-dlcmGQqeEGT21yU4Cg/Zhv3R1

That was fast. Was definitely expecting him to hit the open market. Good on Ballard being aggressive and keeping him, though!

Wyatt
01-29-2019, 11:52 AM
@AdamSchefter

Following Following @AdamSchefter
More

Colts reached agreement with their OG Mark Glowinski on a 3-year, $18 million deal before he became a free agent this winter, per source. Teams re-signing quality players before they hit the market.

10:49 AM - 29 Jan 2019

Pez
01-29-2019, 12:06 PM
@AdamSchefter

More

Colts reached agreement with their OG Mark Glowinski on a 3-year, $18 million deal before he became a free agent this winter, per source. Teams re-signing quality players before they hit the market.

That's not a bad deal either.... $7.8M is the average annual salary for a Guard, we got Glowinski locked in at $6M.

Butter
01-29-2019, 12:18 PM
This pleases me. Good contract on a young guy.

smitty46953
01-29-2019, 12:37 PM
That's great news !!! :cool:

GoBigBlue88
01-29-2019, 12:41 PM
Pretty slam-dunk move at that price tag. But also wouldn't be shocked if Glowinski becomes C-G depth at some point this offseason/season. Depending on dominoes of other interior OL options or RT options, could see Glow ending up as a supersub essentially. Always know you'll need someone to take snaps in the interior three spots, especially with Kelly's injury history. (No, I don't think Boehm could do it for more than 2-3 games.)

southside asshole
01-29-2019, 12:56 PM
Pretty slam-dunk move at that price tag. But also wouldn't be shocked if Glowinski becomes C-G depth at some point this offseason/season. Depending on dominoes of other interior OL options or RT options, could see Glow ending up as a supersub essentially. Always know you'll need someone to take snaps in the interior three spots, especially with Kelly's injury history. (No, I don't think Boehm could do it for more than 2-3 games.)

Boehm was exposed pretty hard by KC. Not because of a ton of pressure up the middle, but just due to how the whole line seemed to function less effectively. Maybe it's unfair to put that all on Boehm, but the center is the center.

FatDT
01-29-2019, 12:59 PM

I didn't really think of that until now.

$6 million is significantly less than I expected him to get. Happy to have him for that. But it is low enough that now I would agree, it would not be surprising if he lost his starting spot. Hard to imagine him giving Slauson the job back (hard to imagine Slauson coming back after cracking two vertebrae) but if you think you have your long-term RG you probably pay him more than 3/$18 million.

I've said since we saw Boehm starting that we needed to upgrade the primary interior backup. I was thinking draft pick or FA, but if Glow can play center and they can find a true upgrade at RG, so much the better. He would be great in that role.

Also Deon Cain is a future Hall of Fame WR.

VeveJones007
01-29-2019, 01:00 PM
Boehm was exposed pretty hard by KC. Not because of a ton of pressure up the middle, but just due to how the whole line seemed to function less effectively. Maybe it's unfair to put that all on Boehm, but the center is the center.

It wasn't just KC. The line (and offense as a whole) really struggled without Kelly the 2nd half of the season. Upgrading backup C would be a point of emphasis for me this offseason.

southside asshole
01-29-2019, 01:50 PM
It wasn't just KC. The line (and offense as a whole) really struggled without Kelly the 2nd half of the season. Upgrading backup C would be a point of emphasis for me this offseason.

How good is a backup center ever going to be?

If the issue is that Kelly is always hurt, the solution isn't to try to field two starters in that position...

omahacolt
01-29-2019, 02:43 PM

I could see a rt landing in the draft for us and moving smith to guard.

sherck
01-29-2019, 03:34 PM
PFF had Glowinski rated as the 10th best OG this season. I think that is probably a bit high but I do think he was a quality starting OG during 2018 so I would probably rate him somewhere between 15 and 35. For comparision, they rated Nelson the 4th best OG in the league.

His $6m cap hit for 2019 would currently be tied with Zack Martin (DAL) and Joe Bitonio (CLE) for 16th / 17th / 18th highest in the league.

I think he is getting paid pretty well for a starting OG with one year of quality service under his belt. I think this is both a fair price and a great move by Ballard.

Not to toon my own horn (which I am totally doing), from the "Colts Own Free Agents" thread:
- OG Mark Glowinski (27). My top free agent re-signing priority as he has really found a home in Indy. Rated the #10 OG by PFF, Glowinski obviously performed fantastically in our offense and I believe he has earned a veteran contract in return for both his performance and his potential to get better with a full off-season with us. Top OGs in the league are making in excess of $10m a year and while I don't think he is there, he should get paid well as I think he is a valuable building block going forward. OGs cap hits between #10 highest and #20 highest are between $7.750m and $5.450m so I think a 3-year, $18m contract at $6m a year seems about right for him. It puts him in the top half of the top paid 32 OGs in the league, is a massive upgrade in the amount of money than he has ever received previously, a nice reward for 1 year of service but also a reminder that it is only 1 year of service at top levels. He will still be able to sign another veteran contract at age 30 if he is still performing at high levels.

Ballard, give me a job! :)

Walk Worthy,

Chaka
01-29-2019, 04:15 PM
PFF had Glowinski rated as the 10th best OG this season. I think that is probably a bit high but I do think he was a quality starting OG during 2018 so I would probably rate him somewhere between 15 and 35. For comparision, they rated Nelson the 4th best OG in the league.

His $6m cap hit for 2019 would currently be tied with Zack Martin (DAL) and Joe Bitonio (CLE) for 16th / 17th / 18th highest in the league.

I think he is getting paid pretty well for a starting OG with one year of quality service under his belt. I think this is both a fair price and a great move by Ballard.

Not to toon my own horn (which I am totally doing), from the "Colts Own Free Agents" thread:

Walk Worthy,

Well done Sherck - you nailed it!

As with all NFL contracts, the details will tell us more about how the Colts see Glowinski - the guarantees, cap hits, roster bonuses, etc. Looks like Glowinski got a $4.2 million signing bonus.

With many of the other Colts signings, little was guaranteed after the first year and the Colts could move on after a year without consequence if the player didn't play up to expectations. Not sure Ballard will be able to convince some of the in house free agents to accept such deals, or any big name free agents.

Wyatt
01-29-2019, 04:21 PM
@JoelAErickson

Joel A. Erickson Retweeted Joel A. Erickson
$5.7 million is guaranteed, $4.2 million signing bonus

@JoelAErickson

$1.5 base salary in '19, signing bonus spread over three years, so that's $2.9, although there might be another bonus or something in there.

@JoelAErickson

This is just a guess, but it might be a way of structuring the deal so that there's little risk if he can't replicate what he did this season, then rewarding him financially if he does.

Chaka
01-29-2019, 04:26 PM
@JoelAErickson

Joel A. Erickson Retweeted Joel A. Erickson
$5.7 million is guaranteed, $4.2 million signing bonus

@JoelAErickson

$1.5 base salary in '19, signing bonus spread over three years, so that's $2.9, although there might be another bonus or something in there.

@JoelAErickson

This is just a guess, but it might be a way of structuring the deal so that there's little risk if he can't replicate what he did this season, then rewarding him financially if he does.

So maybe only the signing bonus ($4.2M) and first year salary ($1.5M) are guaranteed? If so, it's like a one-year $5.7M deal with two option years. Good structure for the Colts.

Puck
01-29-2019, 04:30 PM
I wouldnt mind if they can bring back Slausen too If he is healthy.

FatDT
01-29-2019, 05:19 PM
I wouldnt mind if they can bring back Slausen too If he is healthy.

He's not. He fractured 2 vertebrae and is in his mid-30s. He's done.

albany ed
01-29-2019, 05:39 PM
@AdamSchefter

More

Not bad, even better if it's back-loaded.

VeveJones007
01-29-2019, 06:19 PM
He's not. He fractured 2 vertebrae and is in his mid-30s. He's done.

You forgot something...

Racehorse
01-29-2019, 07:39 PM
You forgot something...

Dion Cain will resuscitate Slausson's career as he heads to the HOF?

Chromeburn
01-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Good deal and good price. Glowinski is what? 26? Should be entering his prime. Hopefully this wasn’t a case of one year wonder.

JAFF
01-29-2019, 08:53 PM
How good is a backup center ever going to be?

If the issue is that Kelly is always hurt, the solution isn't to try to field two starters in that position...

Joe Haeg is still on the roster and has worked at C.

rcubed
01-29-2019, 09:08 PM

Walk Worthy,
does ballard use pff also?

Oldcolt
01-29-2019, 10:14 PM
I want this guy starting. He has the right attitude. Good solid player who plays with a mean streak that is what is this lines personality

FatDT
01-29-2019, 11:18 PM
You forgot something...

Dion Cain will resuscitate Slausson's career as he heads to the HOF?

Dammit.

Chromeburn
01-30-2019, 12:13 AM

They have their own analytics guys. Most teams do now. They don't need PFF to judge every snap for them.

Deon Cain will cure cancer and solve the seven bridges of Konigsberg while not dropping a pass all season

omahacolt
01-30-2019, 07:17 AM

Of course not. Only morons do

sherck
01-30-2019, 11:12 AM
Of course not. Only morons do

Your response is old, worn and tired.

Name calling when you disagree with something is what children do. Since I am pretty sure you are over the age of 20, stop acting like a child.

Grow up and act like an adult.

Walk Worthy,

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
01-30-2019, 11:41 AM
There is an article in the Seattle Times that takes a look back at how and why Seattle waived Glow and why he probably ended up with the Colts.

Of course one reason is because of a roster crunch - trying to work with the roster leading up to a game dealing with multiple injuries. But it appears Seattle was also wanting to avoid a bigger cap hit and wanted to void his rookie contract after he qualified for performance escalators.

It also states that Glow was on the Colts radar because of Ed Dodds - who had previously been in Seattle's front office.

The article is linked below:

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-as-mark-glowinski-signs-big-deal-with-colts-examining-how-he-got-away-from-the-seahawks/

rcubed
01-30-2019, 12:57 PM

Name calling when you disagree with something is what children do. Since I am pretty sure you are over the age of 20, some acting like a child.

Walk Worthy,
god i love the offseason!

omahacolt
01-30-2019, 08:46 PM

Name calling when you disagree with something is what children do. Since I am pretty sure you are over the age of 20, stop acting like a child.

Walk Worthy,

My response was accurate. Adults also don’t get pissy about nonsense on a football message board. Children do that.

JMO Pete

Butter
01-30-2019, 10:26 PM
There is an article in the Seattle Times that takes a look back at how and why Seattle waived Glow and why he probably ended up with the Colts.

Of course one reason is because of a roster crunch - trying to work with the roster leading up to a game dealing with multiple injuries. But it appears Seattle was also wanting to avoid a bigger cap hit and wanted to void his rookie contract after he qualified for performance escalators.

It also states that Glow was on the Colts radar because of Ed Dodds - who had previously been in Seattle's front office.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/analysis-as-mark-glowinski-signs-big-deal-with-colts-examining-how-he-got-away-from-the-seahawks/
Nice article Dee.

Chromeburn
01-30-2019, 10:48 PM
Nice article Dee.

Makes me wonder how Bashem is doing. Although not even close to the same.

Chaka
01-31-2019, 02:04 AM

Here's another article, this one announcing that Glowinski had lost his starting job in Seattle during the 2017 season, and providing some additional insight to how he was viewed at the time (spoiler: the Seattle fans didn't seem to think much of him):

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/24/16357260/seahawks-reportedly-demote-rg-mark-glowinski-from-starting-lineup

AlwaysSunnyinIndy
01-31-2019, 02:55 AM
Here's another article, this one announcing that Glowinski had lost his starting job in Seattle during the 2017 season, and providing some additional insight to how he was viewed at the time (spoiler: the Seattle fans didn't seem to think much of him):

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/24/16357260/seahawks-reportedly-demote-rg-mark-glowinski-from-starting-lineup

I think a lot of Seattle fans have now redirected their ire from the players to Tom Cable. I saw those sentiments both on message boards and on Twitter. Since Cable is now back as the OL Coach with the Raiders and the Raiders coaching staff were coaching the North team of the Senior Bowl, I found one commenter funny:

>>Cable was on the field coaching at the Senior Bowl and I couldn't help but scream "DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!"<<

Here was one thread below which discussed Glows contract but turned into a bashing Cable thread:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=153469

Racehorse
01-31-2019, 07:57 AM
I think a lot of Seattle fans have now redirected their ire from the players to Tom Cable. I saw those sentiments both on message boards and on Twitter. Since Cable is now back as the OL Coach with the Raiders and the Raiders coaching staff were coaching the North team of the Senior Bowl, I found one commenter funny:

>>Cable was on the field coaching at the Senior Bowl and I couldn't help but scream "DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!"<<

Here was one thread below which discussed Glows contract but turned into a bashing Cable thread:

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=153469
Looks like he is the connection between all of their line issues.

sherck
01-31-2019, 10:17 AM
I really liked Glowinski's play for us in 2018 and am glad he is back for the next three seasons at a very attractive rate.

I will love to see what our "Fav Five" can do with a full offseason and Training Camp playing alongside each other. They could do rare things together.

Also, throw in Clark, Haeg, a mid/late round rookie and perhaps Boehm as quality depth and we are cooking on oil with the O-Line.

2020 = Castonzo UDFA (age 32)
2021 = Ryan Kelly UDFA (age 28)
2022 = Braden Smith UDFA (age 26), Mark Glowinski UDFA (age 30)
2023 = Quinton Nelson UDFA assuming we used 5th year option in 2022 (age 27)

Realisticly, our line could stay intact for 2020 / 2021 / 2022 but by then, Castonzo will probably need replaced and the team may not be able to re-sign both Smith and Glowinski in the same off season.

Enjoy the ride on O-Line Colts fans; it will hopefully be great for the next couple of years.

Walk Worthy

JAFF
01-31-2019, 10:48 AM
My response was accurate. Adults also don’t get pissy about nonsense on a football message board. Children do that.

JMO Pete

So if I suggest you work really hard at being a wanker, its ok because its accurrate

VeveJones007
01-31-2019, 11:23 AM
I really liked Glowinski's play for us in 2018 and am glad he is back for the next three seasons at a very attractive rate.

I will love to see what our "Fav Five" can do with a full offseason and Training Camp playing alongside each other. They could do rare things together.

Also, throw in Clark, Haeg, a mid/late round rookie and perhaps Boehm as quality depth and we are cooking on oil with the O-Line.

Realisticly, our line could stay intact for 2020 / 2021 / 2022 but by then, Castonzo will probably need replaced and the team may not be able to re-sign both Smith and Glowinski in the same off season.

Enjoy the ride on O-Line Colts fans; it will hopefully be great for the next couple of years.

Walk Worthy

Can't do everything in one offseason, but I'd really like to get a strong veteran backup for Kelly and draft a young, projectionable LT prospect.

FatDT
01-31-2019, 11:48 AM

Walk Worthy

Not a big deal but the acronym UDFA usually stands for "undrafted free agent", does it not? Unrestricted free agent is usually UFA.

I have a feeling we could spend a higher pick than many expect on a center or center/guard prospect. Kelly is a top center when he is able to play, but he hasn't completed a single season without missing time with injury. He's the undisputed starter, but injuries like that pile up. If the right player comes along I could see Ballard using a 3rd on the future starting center.

Dam8610
01-31-2019, 12:15 PM

Walk Worthy

This is why getting the defense fixed this offseason is high priority. They're going to need to make investments in the OL again likely starting next year. Can't be stuck on needing a pass rusher at that point.

omahacolt
01-31-2019, 12:47 PM
So if I suggest you work really hard at being a wanker, its ok because its accurrate

I don’t work hard at it at all. So it is not accurate

sherck
01-31-2019, 01:07 PM
Not a big deal but the acronym UDFA usually stands for "undrafted free agent", does it not? Unrestricted free agent is usually UFA.

I have a feeling we could spend a higher pick than many expect on a center or center/guard prospect. Kelly is a top center when he is able to play, but he hasn't completed a single season without missing time with injury. He's the undisputed starter, but injuries like that pile up. If the right player comes along I could see Ballard using a 3rd on the future starting center.
Good catch! UFA is what I meant to type.

I agree. I think Clark has the possibility of being a starting OT on the Colts if he continues to progress. His progess from years 1 & 2 to last year (year 3) was impressive. New scheme, new coaches, new whatever had him play pretty solid in his spot duty.

But Haeg, whom I used to be super high on, appears to have a max cap of "good 6th man" and not of a starter. A young, quality depth guy for OC/OG would be welcome on the team.

OTs = Castonzo, Smith, Clark
OGs = Nelson, Glowinski, Rookie
OCs = Kelly, Rookie
5 Positional Quality Depth = Haeg
3 Positional Depth (OG/OC/OG) = Someone
(Note, the rookie depth at OG and OC is the same guy)

That is a great looking depth chart for 2019.

Walk Worthy,

Chromeburn
01-31-2019, 02:05 PM

Walk Worthy

Hypothetical question for you, well everyone really. Say one of the good tackles in the draft falls to our pick, maybe early second. Do you draft him? Anticipating castonzo’s contracy is up next year.

If you want a tackle, this is a good year to grab one.

And Ballard has said repeatedly he likes 10 guys on the roster for oline at all times.

JAFF
01-31-2019, 04:37 PM
I don’t work hard at it at all. So it is not accurate

Here's the problem. You are a wanker. And the worst kind. Like a diva. They are diva's but they don't think they are. You ARE A WANKER (polite way of saying DICK) and you don't think you are.

Being a human being isn't so bad. Try it, you might like it

JAFF
01-31-2019, 04:40 PM

What's wrong with Kelly?

Dam8610
01-31-2019, 05:00 PM
Hypothetical question for you, well everyone really. Say one of the good tackles in the draft falls to our pick, maybe early second. Do you draft him? Anticipating castonzo’s contracy is up next year.

And Ballard has said repeatedly he likes 10 guys on the roster for oline at all times.

I'd be more okay with that than wasting one of the top 60 picks on a WR or CB as I've seen in so many mock drafts.

What's wrong with Kelly?

He's injured too often.

omahacolt
01-31-2019, 05:09 PM

If you think he has is a starting caliber tackle then I am good with it.

omahacolt
01-31-2019, 05:13 PM
Here's the problem. You are a wanker. And the worst kind. Like a diva. They are diva's but they don't think they are. You ARE A WANKER (polite way of saying DICK) and you don't think you are.

Being a human being isn't so bad. Try it, you might like it

Nobody was even talking to you and you start calling me a wanker. That is exactly what a wanker would do. And who says wanker? Just say dick.

Feel free to make some good posts from time to time instead of trying to pick fights with me.

JAFF
01-31-2019, 05:21 PM
Nobody was even talking to you and you start calling me a wanker. That is exactly what a wanker would do. And who says wanker? Just say dick.

Feel free to make some good posts from time to time instead of trying to pick fights with me.

You are right. I'm so sorry. Never mind. I got crazy thinking you didn't know you just were being rude to someone. You know and you don't CARE.

You win.

PS It's a posting board, so EVERYONE saw it. I didn't think I was suppose to think it was private. Damn the internet, I just don't get it.

omahacolt
01-31-2019, 06:06 PM
You are right. I'm so sorry. Never mind. I got crazy thinking you didn't know you just were being rude to someone. You know and you don't CARE.

You win.

PS It's a posting board, so EVERYONE saw it. I didn't think I was suppose to think it was private. Damn the internet, I just don't get it.

Yeah. I don’t care. Glad you figured it out.

smitty46953
01-31-2019, 06:24 PM
You two need to get a room :rolleyes:

JAFF
01-31-2019, 09:10 PM
You two need to get a room :rolleyes:

My apologies.

Butter
01-31-2019, 10:14 PM

Yes, unless it means passing on a high-quality pass rusher.

Chromeburn
01-31-2019, 10:41 PM
Yes, unless it means passing on a high-quality pass rusher.

We should get another pass rusher in our top three picks I bet. This draft aligns nicely with our needs. I’m just wondering what they will try in FA and if any good players actually make it there. I’m hoping Grady Jarret does and we try to sign him. I doubt the best pass rushers will make it though.

Dam8610
02-01-2019, 10:18 AM
We should get another pass rusher in our top three picks I bet. This draft aligns nicely with our needs. I’m just wondering what they will try in FA and if any good players actually make it there. I’m hoping Grady Jarret does and we try to sign him. I doubt the best pass rushers will make it though.

The ideal scenario to me would be Grady Jarrett, Frank Clark, and Dee Ford all hitting free agency and the Colts signing all of them. Ford will be entering his age 28 season while Clark and Jarrett will be entering their age 26 seasons. This would eliminate DL as a need, which is good since it appears all the DL talent in this draft is slated to go top 15. Those signings would allow the Colts to, for example, go Johnathan Abram, Terrill Hanks, Trayvon Mullen in the top 60 picks. That would be a very solid, talented group to acquire, but as of now, completely ignores the team's biggest need, which is improved DL play. Signing those three, however, would put the Colts squarely into BPA mode, as that would eliminate the Colts only glaring need.

Oldcolt
02-01-2019, 11:40 AM
This offensive line is the backbone of our team. Keep adding to it. Even if we use high draft choices this past season showed what a dominant offline means. Looking at who we are going to sign from our team in the next few years I don’t want to overpay for whatever pass rusher is available. Build from within is something I’m coming around to. There are exceptionsof course if I’m a young player and my team is keeping cap open to pay me when My contact ends I think that not only sends the right signal it has to help the culture of the team develop correctly. I hope we ‘lose’ in free agency again (by lose I mean no to the big names. We ‘lost’ free agency before last season but I would argue after the season was said and done we actually won it.

Chromeburn
02-01-2019, 02:23 PM
The ideal scenario to me would be Grady Jarrett, Frank Clark, and Dee Ford all hitting free agency and the Colts signing all of them. Ford will be entering his age 28 season while Clark and Jarrett will be entering their age 26 seasons. This would eliminate DL as a need, which is good since it appears all the DL talent in this draft is slated to go top 15. Those signings would allow the Colts to, for example, go Johnathan Abram, Terrill Hanks, Trayvon Mullen in the top 60 picks. That would be a very solid, talented group to acquire, but as of now, completely ignores the team's biggest need, which is improved DL play. Signing those three, however, would put the Colts squarely into BPA mode, as that would eliminate the Colts only glaring need.

That's a lot of dline signing. I don't know if I see that. That would be around 60 million give or take. I wouldn't be opposed to it, although Dee Ford does have that injury history and showing up in a contract year.

What about Dante Fowler or Sheldan Richardson? I am hoping they go after Landon Collins, I think he would fit perfectly with Hooker and would provide a nice Tandem. I do like Abram, but I would like more vet presence back there.

There was some under the radar pass rusher that was buried on a deep team and I can't remember his name, trying to find it. Basically an Autry type player.

Chromeburn
02-01-2019, 02:24 PM
This offensive line is the backbone of our team. Keep adding to it. Even if we use high draft choices this past season showed what a dominant offline means. Looking at who we are going to sign from our team in the next few years I don’t want to overpay for whatever pass rusher is available. Build from within is something I’m coming around to. There are exceptionsof course if I’m a young player and my team is keeping cap open to pay me when My contact ends I think that not only sends the right signal it has to help the culture of the team develop correctly. I hope we ‘lose’ in free agency again (by lose I mean no to the big names. We ‘lost’ free agency before last season but I would argue after the season was said and done we actually won it.

I'm fine with continuing to add to oline. But I don't want to use a pick that we could find a starter at somewhere else for just depth purposes. Unless it is Constonzo's replacement and they don't want to resign him again.

Dam8610
02-01-2019, 03:55 PM
That's a lot of dline signing. I don't know if I see that. That would be around 60 million give or take. I wouldn't be opposed to it, although Dee Ford does have that injury history and showing up in a contract year.

What about Dante Fowler or Sheldan Richardson? I am hoping they go after Landon Collins, I think he would fit perfectly with Hooker and would provide a nice Tandem. I do like Abram, but I would like more vet presence back there.

There was some under the radar pass rusher that was buried on a deep team and I can't remember his name, trying to find it. Basically an Autry type player.

Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray meet that description. I also wouldn't mind taking a flier on converting Anthony Barr to DE.