PDA

View Full Version : quick thoughts on the draft

omahacolt
04-29-2017, 06:43 PM
1) i am not going to pretend to be an expert on the guys we drafted. i didnt think for a second hooker would be there so i never looked at him at all as a potential pick.

that said

2) positionally, i think ballard fucking hit a home run. complain about the order and i get it but the positions picked tell me that ballard sees where we need help. which i found refreshing

3) the upside of hooker is awesome. having a player named hooker is awesome. the jokes about his name will become tiresome. but i like it nonetheless. truth be told i worry about this pick. not that it was a bad pick. but i worry about most high round picks coming into the league injured. i don't think this dude has a chance to bust unless it is injury related. really like this pick

4) wilson. i liked this pick. i didn't think he would be there but when i saw that he was a possibility i was fine with him. i am sure fans are put off by his cockiness but that is what this defense needs. a change of culture. some dick swinging around smacking foreheads.

5) basham is a guy to throw in the rotation. i don't expect much from him. i don't hate the pick either. an argument could be made to trade up to get a better prospect but really he is right there with his group. i am fine with it and if he adds just a small amount of pass rush ability and special teams play then good pick.

6) the fat kid won't make the team. maybe practice squad but i don't see how on earth he survives in the nfl.

7) mack is interesting. i like his acceleration. i like his decisiveness. but watching a few of his games and i don't have a clue if he can translate to the nfl.

8) small school nt prospect. say hello to the practice squad. i like that his name is grover

9) the cb that was probably a pagano pick. fuck that guy

10) i think this linebacker will play and play a lot. special teams and some special packages on defense. from what i read, i think he may actually be a good player for us

11) so based on reality. we have two good starters in hooker and wilson. a decent guy in the ilber. and hopefully basham and mack can somehow positively impact the team. that right there would be a good draft. remember that 50% is a good hit rate in the nfl for a draft class

omahacolt
04-29-2017, 06:47 PM
and to add just for shrek

i do think ballard has done a good job at this point of changing the team. we will see about the results but adding hankins, this draft class, and the role players in free agency, this defense should have a completely different feel. and that is what was needed.

DrSpaceman
04-29-2017, 06:56 PM
If just Hooker and Wilson work out, it significantly impacts the D. If they are just solid starters the Colts will have the best secondary at least since the SB winning team if not back even further. If the secondary is significantly upgraded, the pass rush deficiencies are not nearly as glaring.

You add that and Hankins in the middle to at least improve the run D and the defensive in general is better all around vs. the run and pass.

If any of the others work out, great. I don't expect much from them, but its just a bonus.

omahacolt
04-29-2017, 07:07 PM
also hopefully we find a punter to compete with that asshole we brought in that sucks balls

Brylok
04-29-2017, 10:31 PM
4) wilson. i liked this pick. i didn't think he would be there but when i saw that he was a possibility i was fine with him. i am sure fans are put off by his cockiness but that is what this defense needs. a change of culture. some dick swinging around smacking foreheads.

Not this fan. I'm tired of having a candyass defense every year. Give me some dudes that have talent and swagger. Some shit-talkers would be welcome, too.

VeveJones007
04-29-2017, 11:26 PM
Minor quibble regarding Wilson:

I don't want him smacking guy's foreheads with it. I want him giving it to them like he's in Sam Quentin.

Chromeburn
04-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Want some more assholes on D. That is the side that should have attitude. That Florida D had a ton of attitude. If they had an offense they would have been great.

I love this draft, great bargains everywhere. Wish we could have gotten a little more pass rush, but only so many picks. Maybe next year. We had to reach a little later on the draft, but we were running out of pick. Not sure about the second cb, and the giant lineman I see as a situational player.

natagu23
05-01-2017, 01:46 AM
a change of culture. some dick swinging around smacking foreheads.

Eloquently put.

Thorgrim
05-01-2017, 10:24 AM
If Grover slaps a forehead with his dick then I say this draft is a home run. I never saw him do it on Sesame Street though.