PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Walker Jr, LB Northwestern 5th Rd

smitty46953
04-29-2017, 04:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/anthony-walker-jr.?id=2558015

Dam8610
04-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Just watched a bunch of tape on him. If the Colts get the 2015 version, they've got a 3 down WILB akin to a Donnie Edwards. He needs to play light like Edwards to be effective (I seem to remember Edwards playing at about 6'1" 230, which is Walker's ideal range as well), but if he does, he plays well in space, reads the QB's eyes to make himself more effective in pass coverage, makes lots of plays with his agility and athleticism, and generally gives what you're looking for from a 3 down WILB. The only downside I saw that was consistent in both the 2015 and 2016 tape was that he missed a few tackles that he should've made.

natagu23
04-30-2017, 11:32 PM
Just watched a bunch of tape on him. If the Colts get the 2015 version, they've got a 3 down WILB akin to a Donnie Edwards. He needs to play light like Edwards to be effective (I seem to remember Edwards playing at about 6'1" 230, which is Walker's ideal range as well), but if he does, he plays well in space, reads the QB's eyes to make himself more effective in pass coverage, makes lots of plays with his agility and athleticism, and generally gives what you're looking for from a 3 down WILB. The only downside I saw that was consistent in both the 2015 and 2016 tape was that he missed a few tackles that he should've made.

I really like this kid. He has great pursuit speed and is very instinctive.

I think you're spot on with his weight Dam. He needs to get down to the low 230s. They said he packed on a lot of muscle, but it may be hindering his flexibility.

Dam8610
05-01-2017, 03:02 PM
I really like this kid. He has great pursuit speed and is very instinctive.

I think you're spot on with his weight Dam. He needs to get down to the low 230s. They said he packed on a lot of muscle, but it may be hindering his flexibility.

His 2016 Nebraska game may have just been the worst game of his career, but the effect of the extra weight really showed in that game. He couldn't make pursuit plays, couldn't get into gaps effectively, looked stiff in coverage, and was just entirely ineffective.

YDFL Commish
05-01-2017, 08:14 PM
His 2016 Nebraska game may have just been the worst game of his career, but the effect of the extra weight really showed in that game. He couldn't make pursuit plays, couldn't get into gaps effectively, looked stiff in coverage, and was just entirely ineffective.

Ironically that's the game I watched. Maybe I should go back and look at a few others.

Wyatt
05-04-2017, 11:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C-_fqj0WsAA_gg-.jpg

rcubed
05-04-2017, 12:03 PM
pags woke up when chad henry said 'grit' and yelled "draft him!"