PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs?........Playoffs!?!........PLAYOFFS!?!?!? !!!!!!!!

sherck
11-27-2018, 08:06 AM
5 games to go and here is how the AFC looks:

1st Seed = KC (9 - 2)
2nd Seed = NE (8 - 3)
3rd Seed = HOU (8 – 3)
4th Seed = PIT (7 – 3 – 1)
5th Seed = SD (8 – 3)
6th Seed = BAL (6 – 5)
7th Spot = IND (6 – 5)
8th Spot = TEN (5 – 6)
9th Spot = DEN (5 – 6)
10th Spot = CIN (5 – 6)
11th Spot = MIA (5 – 6)

First, let’s talk the AFC South. Houston is 2 games ahead with 5 games to play and not many rough games left. Their remaining schedule:

vs CLE (4 – 6 – 1))
vs IND (6 – 5)
@ NYJ (3 – 8)
@ PHI (5 – 6)
vs JAX (3 – 8)

The only team remaining on their schedule with a winning record is us and even if we win against them, they would still be one game up on us. We would require at least one of CLE, NYJ, PHI or JAX to beat them and then it would come down to tiebreakers. If that happens (we win out and HOU losses to us and one other), then the tiebreakers:

1st Tiebreaker = Head to Head = Draw (each team would be 1 – 1 against each other)
2nd Tiebreaker = Division Record = IND 1 division loss; HOU 2 division losses = Colts advantage

So, there it is. To win the division, we need to win out and HOU needs to lose to us and one other team. I think it is unlikely but @ PHI could be a tough game if they are fighting for a wildcard spot in late December and who knows what team CLE will field this next week. It could happen.

Second, Wildcard. We are currently on the outside looking in in the 7th spot. HOWEVER, the remaining schedules for both BAL and IND:

IND:

@ JAX (3 – 8)
@ HOU (8 – 3)
vs DAL (6 – 5)
vs NYG (3 – 8)
@ TEN (5 – 6)

BAL:

@ ATL (4 – 7)
@ KC (9 – 2)
vs TB (4 – 7)
@ SD (8 – 3)
vs CLE (4 – 6 – 1)

Of the two schedules, BAL has a MUCH harder road to walk with AWAY games against KC and SD still in their future. Heck, almost all the teams could give them issues as either Fitzmagic or Fitztragic will show up for TB and CLE appears to be world beaters one week and the same old Cleveland Browns the next week. Who knows who shows up?

I think it is very likely that BAL losses at least 2 if not 3 of their final five games. As long as we can do one better than them, then we have the inside road to the 6th AFC seed.

TL : DR:

- We need HOU to lose to us and to one more team and if we win out, we would capture the AFC South.

- We need to lose no more than 1 more game to have, what I believe is, the inside track to the 6th AFC Seed. If we lose 2 games or more, we will probably not make the playoffs. Too many AFC teams one game behind us that could catch us to make the call at this point.

So, we don’t need perfection out of the Colts but they cannot afford to lose more than one more game if they want to be playing in Jan.

Walk Worthy,

FatDT
11-27-2018, 10:12 AM
TB is probably rolling with Winston at this point, no more Fitz. I expect Baltimore to win that. But lose to KC and SD. @ATL is a tossup, they're playing for their jobs at this point in the season so I don't think it'll be easy. TB and CLE at home for the Ravens are probably wins, though the Browns will put up a tough fight based on how they've been playing.

Winning the division seems pretty tough at this point so we just need to keep winning and wait for the league to catch up to what Baltimore is doing with their rookie running QB.

VeveJones007
11-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Outside shot that 3-2 is good enough for the 2nd WC, but 4-1 should definitely be safe. I still think it's crazy this team could pull off a 9-1 or 8-2 stretch, but doesn't this feel like a 10-6 or 9-7 team? +52 point differential in 11 games tells me they're a little better than a 6-5 team, so 10 wins shouldn't be unexpected. It'll just take winning a couple more nail-bitters like last week to pull it off.

DrSpaceman
11-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Most likely scenario is a WC and a race between Indy and Baltimore for the #6 spot

Baltimore has the tougher schedule, but as we saw this past weekend, Colts can't take any of these last 5 games for granted. They could potentially lose to I would say to 4 of the last 5 teams if they play sloppy

Not the Giants, they suck bad, that would surprise. But even then they do have OBJ and Barkley, two big offensive targets, and if Eli for one game finds his old playoff magic, who knows what they could do to this D. Might end up a shoot out.

I think if the Colts win 4 of the last 5 they got the #6 seed

If they win 3 of the last 5, its iffy, will likely come down to tiebreakers with Baltimore and depends on which games they win. Baltimore has a one game lead right now in the conference tiebreaker.

Oldcolt
11-27-2018, 10:59 AM
After 11 games we have a realistic post about us making the playoffs. Who would have thunk?

Racehorse
11-27-2018, 11:01 AM
I think Houston could win out, unless we beat them. I also think they could lose three games. Such is the league this year.

I think we could win out, or lose three or four games. Such is our team this year.

Racehorse
11-27-2018, 11:01 AM
After 11 games we have a realistic post about us making the playoffs. Who would have thunk?

:D

sherck
11-27-2018, 11:10 AM

To one........after week six sitting at 1 - 5. :eek: We were heading for the #1 pick overall.

Five straight wins after that terrible, terrible Jets game is pretty dang amazing.

Let's hope we can keep it rolling against a JAX team that is imploding.

Walk Worthy,

FatDT
11-27-2018, 11:26 AM
I expected 5-7 wins but that's looking pretty conservative right now. I thought we would finish the season strong but didn't expect to start "finishing" as early as we did.

Dam8610
11-27-2018, 12:23 PM
I think Houston will drop at least 2 games (1 to the Colts), the question is can the Colts win out? If yes, they have a shot at the division. If no, they still have a pretty good shot at a wild card. Going for the win and ending up losing instead of playing for the tie is looming very large in all of this. At 6-4-1, the Colts would control their own destiny in the division.

VeveJones007
11-27-2018, 12:29 PM
I think Houston will drop at least 2 games (1 to the Colts), the question is can the Colts win out? If yes, they have a shot at the division. If no, they still have a pretty good shot at a wild card. Going for the win and ending up losing instead of playing for the tie is looming very large in all of this. At 6-4-1, the Colts would control their own destiny in the division.

I'm pretty confident that the Texans are better than the Colts. Of course anything can happen in a single game, but I'm considering the Colts as slight to moderate underdogs going into Houston next week.

Luck4Reich
11-27-2018, 12:38 PM
I wish quoting Jim Mora would die already.:cool:

omahacolt
11-27-2018, 12:45 PM
I wish quoting Jim Mora would die already.:cool:

Fucking amen.

I have no idea why this is still a thing.

Dam8610
11-27-2018, 01:00 PM
I'm pretty confident that the Texans are better than the Colts. Of course anything can happen in a single game, but I'm considering the Colts as slight to moderate underdogs going into Houston next week.

I wasn't impressed by them when they played the Colts in Indy, and they only got the win there because of several stupid unforced errors by the Colts. This team has improved by leaps and bounds since that first meeting, so I see no reason they wouldn't be able to win in Houston. I could also see Vegas making them slight underdogs, but if the current Colts are facing the Texans team they faced in Indy, the Colts should win.

VeveJones007
11-27-2018, 01:09 PM
I wasn't impressed by them when they played the Colts in Indy, and they only got the win there because of several stupid unforced errors by the Colts. This team has improved by leaps and bounds since that first meeting, so I see no reason they wouldn't be able to win in Houston. I could also see Vegas making them slight underdogs, but if the current Colts are facing the Texans team they faced in Indy, the Colts should win.

Which team are you talking about? The Texans team that has won 8 games in a row and has significantly more talent on defense?

rcubed
11-27-2018, 02:23 PM
WC is a possibility. I dont think we win the division.

Pez
11-27-2018, 02:41 PM

I am a hard core homer, but it's 100% impossible for us to beat Houston next week because we will be playing Jacksonville. Ebron might catch three TD passes though and put him on pace to break Gronkowski's record for TEs :-)

VeveJones007
11-27-2018, 03:56 PM
I am a hard core homer, but it's 100% impossible for us to beat Houston next week because we will be playing Jacksonville. Ebron might catch three TD passes though and put him on pace to break Gronkowski's record for TEs :-)

No. The Colts are playing Jacksonville this week. The Colts play Houston next week.

Pez
11-27-2018, 07:19 PM
No. The Colts are playing Jacksonville this week. The Colts play Houston next week.

Gotcha, I misunderstood why were talking about the Texans when we have to win a division game on the road this week for it to make any difference at all next week.

sherck
12-10-2018, 09:42 AM
3 games to go; current playoff situation:

4. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-5-1)
Conference record: 4-5-1
AFC North record: 3-1-1
Schedule: vs. Patriots (9-4), at Saints (11-2), vs. Bengals (5-8)

Suddenly and unexpectedly, the Steelers have a three-game losing streak, the AFC’s second worst. Only the Cincinnati Bengals’ five-game skid is longer, and there’s no relief in sight for Pittsburgh until its regular-season finale. The New England Patriots are 3-4 on the road this season but are coming off a devastating loss to the Dolphins. The New Orleans Saints, meanwhile, have lost just once at home this year.

5. Los Angeles Chargers (10-3)
Conference record: 7-2
AFC West record: 2-2
Schedule: at Chiefs (11-2), vs. Ravens (7-6), at Broncos (6-7)

The Chargers, now a virtual lock to make the playoffs, have more wins than five NFL division leaders but still face a Herculean task in shedding their No. 5 seed. Even if they beat the Chiefs on Sunday to split the season series, they’re unlikely to equal Kansas City’s AFC West record, the next tiebreaker. To earn a top-four seed, they’ll have to finish ahead of the conference’s top team.

6. Ravens (7-6)
Conference record: 6-4
AFC North record: 2-3
Schedule: vs. Buccaneers (5-8), at Chargers (10-3), vs. Browns (5-7-1)

The Ravens could feel closer to a division title than to a wild-card berth after a good day Sunday. With a win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and a Steelers loss, the Ravens would have approximately a 58 percent chance of snatching the No. 4 seed and a 67 percent chance of hosting a wild-card playoff game, according to the Times' simulator.

7. Indianapolis Colts (7-6)
Conference record: 6-5
AFC South record: 3-2
Schedule: vs. Cowboys (8-5), vs. Giants (5-8), at Titans (7-6)

Because both the Ravens and Colts face NFC teams this Sunday, leaving their conference records unchanged, Indianapolis can’t jump into the second wild-card spot unless it wins and the Ravens lose. The Colts stayed alive by taking down the hottest NFL team heading into Week 14. Can they follow their road win over the Houston Texans with a home victory over the hottest NFL team heading into Week 15? The Dallas Cowboys have won a league-best five straight games.

8. Miami Dolphins (7-6)
Conference record: 6-4
AFC East record: 4-1
Schedule: at Vikings (6-5-1), vs. Jaguars (4-9), at Bills (4-9)

The Dolphins were all but left for dead two weeks ago. Two straight wins later, only one of which required last-second laterals, they are creeping closer toward an unlikely postseason berth. Miami can’t claim a tiebreaker against the Colts because of its Week 12 loss in Indianapolis, so it’ll have to keep winning to keep hope alive. The Dolphins’ game Sunday should be their toughest test left.

9. Tennessee Titans (7-6)
Conference record: 5-6
AFC South record: 3-2
Schedule: at Giants (5-8), vs. Redskins (6-7), vs. Colts (7-6)

After their impressive win Thursday over the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Titans were able to take in Sunday’s chaos from afar. Despite earlier losses to the Ravens, Dolphins and Colts, Tennessee has better postseason odds than Miami, according to the Times, and is behind only the Ravens among the four 7-6 teams, according to FiveThirtyEight’s projected chances. With each week, the importance of the Titans’ regular-season finale against the Colts only grows.

Both the Ravens and the Steelers have tough games left on their schedule with two possible/probable losses on each of their slates. PIT faces NE and NO over the next two weeks and could easily find itself 7-7-1 going into their final game against CIN. BAL faces a tough TB team despite its record, @ LAC whom while they may not be playing for much I doubt will be throwing in the towel with two weeks to go and then a surging CLE team.

Indy needs to take care of business against DAL this week but if we play like we have in 5 out of our past 6 weeks, I think we can take them from what I saw of them yesterday afternoon. Finishing against the NYG and then at TEN are both winnable games.

Catching HOU is out of the question after the loss to JAX. The #6 Wildcard spot it possible/probably if we win out. I expect BAL to lose at leas 1 more so we can get ahead of them.

However, if we lose 1 out of our last 3, we will probably not make the playoffs.

Keep the faith, Colts fans.

Walk Worthy,

DrSpaceman
12-10-2018, 10:49 AM
I think if the Colts win out they will get the last WC spot. That would mean they beat the Titans. I think Baltimore drops at least one more. The Dolphins have all the appearance of an 8-8 team, they aren't making 10 wins and the Colts beat them head to head.

One loss though and I can't see it happening. Would need a whole lot of help then

Luck4Reich
12-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Please let this thread die...the title is dumb

TheMugwump
12-10-2018, 12:53 PM
I think the Ravens will win two of their last three, ending up at 9-7, and winning the division, because...

The Steelers are not going to right the ship. They will lose two of their last three and end up at 8-7-1.

Indy should win against NYG and if they win one of the Dallas/Tennessee combo, will end up at 9-7. If it's only one though, it needs to be the Titans game, because Tennessee will not lose to either the Giants or Skins, so they could end up at 10-6, with that third wild-card spot.

Miami could also end up 10-6. I don't see the Bills or Jags beating them, but I imagine that Minnesota will give them a game. I wish the Vikings were not playing tonight. That extra day of rest gives the Fins more advantage than they deserve, this late in the season.

So, as has been mentioned multiple times, for a playoff spot, it will likely come down to that week 17 game in Tennessee. I think that at this point in the season, the Colts are a better team than the Titans, but being on the road will make it tough.

Here's to beating the Cowpokes, crushing the Giants, and going into Tennessee on the 30th just needing a win to secure the #6 seed. Then they can go back to Houston or into Baltimore with a puncher's chance to advance.

Pez
12-10-2018, 01:57 PM
I think the Ravens will win two of their last three, ending up at 9-7, and winning the division, because...

The Steelers are not going to right the ship. They will lose two of their last three and end up at 8-7-1.

Agree, I don't see this Steelers team beating the Patriots or the Saints. We don't fully control our own destiny, but it looks like there is a scenario where we bump the Steelers for the 6 seed.

rcubed
12-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Catching HOU is out of the question after the loss to JAX. The #6 Wildcard spot it possible/probably if we win out. I expect BAL to lose at leas 1 more so we can get ahead of them. ,

that loss to jax really hurt. we would be sitting pretty for a WC spot if we hadnt shit the bed last week.

TheMugwump
12-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Agree, I don't see this Steelers team beating the Patriots or the Saints. We don't fully control our own destiny, but it looks like there is a scenario where we bump the Steelers for the 6 seed.

And there are few things I would like better.

Well, maybe getting a chance to crush the Cheatriots in the playoffs, but other than that.

Hey, a guy can dream, right?

Dewey 5
12-10-2018, 04:32 PM
that loss to jax really hurt. we would be sitting pretty for a WC spot if we hadnt shit the bed last week.

Same with Jets game.

DrSpaceman
12-10-2018, 04:44 PM
There have been lots of missed opportunities all year, going back to week one. Bengals, Eagles, Jax, Houston game #1 just making the first down at the end. Any one of those close games changing to a win/tie would make a huge difference.

But such is the life of the NFL. All teams have those games. The good ones win them.

Making the playoffs would be great. However I think most are satisfied so far that the team is on the right track and the fact they are even in the playoff hunt this late in the season is about as good as we could hope for this year. Especially after starting 1-5. I think most of us felt this was a 10 win team max and they are on track for the upper end of those projections so far.

Colts And Orioles
12-16-2018, 09:04 PM
o

A little over a month ago, I said that the 2 games left on the Colts' schedule that caused me the most concern were the ones against the Cowboys and the Texans.

The game that caused me the least concern was the one against the Jaguars.

Somehow the Colts managed to beat the 2 good teams, and screw it up against the bad team.

8-6 overall, heading into the homestretch ........

o

Butter
12-17-2018, 01:18 AM
That is what a team full of rookie Players and Coaches will do.

VeveJones007
12-17-2018, 01:57 AM
Fucking Patriots. Colts are in the 6th spot if they had beaten Pittsburgh today. Still, have to like the Colts chances at 10-6. Should take care of business next week against the Giants, then a possible game with the Titans where the winner makes it and the loser goes home.

VeveJones007
12-17-2018, 02:01 AM
Also, the Pats dropped to the 3rd seed so the Colts could be looking at a rematch. I don’t know about anyone else, but NE doesn’t scare me at all this year.

Racehorse
12-17-2018, 07:57 AM
Also, the Pats dropped to the 3rd seed so the Colts could be looking at a rematch. I don’t know about anyone else, but NE doesn’t scare me at all this year.
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2557404&postcount=491

Patriot tears are even sweeter when you see gems like this, calling out McDaniels for not being up to snuff.

Racehorse
12-17-2018, 08:00 AM
And this one, calling out Brady:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2557338&postcount=430

Luck4Reich
12-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Thank you McDaniels for backing out!

HoosierinFL
12-17-2018, 09:11 AM
I said it after the loss to NE earlier this year: we would see them again in the playoffs and beat the hell out of them

Luck4Reich
12-17-2018, 09:27 AM
The funny thin is that Brady isnt playing any different. He was just never anything special IMO. A product of a system that worked well with the Players they had. Oh and cheating. :cool:

Chromeburn
12-17-2018, 12:13 PM

Brady's arm strength is declining. He couldn't get the ball out of bounds resulting in that INT. With that said, their fans turn so fast. Worst fans. Can't wait till they suck again and they disappear from the internet.

HoosierinFL
12-17-2018, 03:26 PM
Best playoff predictor generator:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nfl-predictions/

Coltsalr
12-17-2018, 04:13 PM

That woman is a sociopath (not sure if you ever had the misfortune of interacting with her over on that shithole), so anything that causes her discomfort brings great comfort to myself.

Racehorse
12-17-2018, 05:27 PM
That woman is a sociopath (not sure if you ever had the misfortune of interacting with her over on that shithole), so anything that causes her discomfort brings great comfort to myself.

I have. She and Lisa are both off their meds

chicagocolt
12-17-2018, 06:18 PM
I think it will come down to a play-in game vs. the Tacks week 17. Would be shocked if the Ravens beat both the chargers and the browns, also would be surprised if the Steelers won in Nola. We should beat NYG and the Tacks should beat Wash next week. Should be a fun last week.

DrSpaceman
12-17-2018, 08:49 PM
I think it will come down to a play-in game vs. the Tacks week 17. Would be shocked if the Ravens beat both the chargers and the browns, also would be surprised if the Steelers won in Nola. We should beat NYG and the Tacks should beat Wash next week. Should be a fun last week.

This is what I expect as well

Baltimore and Pitt aren't great, they will slip up somewhere.

Hoopsdoc
12-17-2018, 09:07 PM

Of course you’ve interacted with her.

Chromeburn
12-17-2018, 09:56 PM

That Titan's game will not be easy. Playoffs start a week early.

Luck4Reich
12-17-2018, 09:58 PM

This is true

Coltsalr
12-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Of course you’ve interacted with her.

https://data.whicdn.com/images/45239432/original.gif

Racehorse
12-18-2018, 07:32 AM

Luck owns them and he is their Daddy, but it would be a bad time for a rebellious child to get one up.

1965southpaw
12-18-2018, 11:19 AM
I'm betting we get flexed to Sunday night game vs Tenn

sherck
12-18-2018, 01:14 PM
I'm betting we get flexed to Sunday night game vs Tenn
Ummm, you realize that there is no Sunday night game in week 17 of the season? No Thursday night game nor Monday night games either.

All games are played at 1pm or 4pm in order to keep playoff teams "even."

No extra or fewer days of rest for teams who are going to face each other the following weekend on Wild-Card Weekend.

So, yeah, I would take that bet! :)

Walk Worthy,

Racehorse
12-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Ummm, you realize that there is no Sunday night game in week 17 of the season? No Thursday night game nor Monday night games either.

No extra or fewer days of rest for teams who are going to face each other the following weekend on Wild-Card Weekend.

Walk Worthy,

The only other potential games are Bears/Vikings and Redskins/Eagles.

I think if we both win Sunday, we are flexed.

VeveJones007
12-18-2018, 02:47 PM

Walk Worthy,

Sherck...you sound really confident here for someone who is 100% incorrect.

The schedule is set up with all the games at 1pm and 4pm in the anticipation that one of the games will be flexed to Sunday night. The league keeps the slot completely free so that NBC can choose whichever game they want.

sherck
12-18-2018, 03:11 PM
Sherck...you sound really confident here for someone who is 100% incorrect.

The schedule is set up with all the games at 1pm and 4pm in the anticipation that one of the games will be flexed to Sunday night. The league keeps the slot completely free so that NBC can choose whichever game they want.
Well, would you look at that. I am completely wrong about no Sunday night game.

Appologizes to Southpaw. I went and looked at the schedule on NFL.com, saw no 8pm game, remembered that there were no Thursday / Monday night games, knew that there was no Sunday night game in 2017 and made the assumption that there was no Sunday night game this year either.

I just made an a$$ out of my assumption.

Walk Worthy,

Thorgrim
12-18-2018, 04:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001271/article/injuries-titans-logan-ryan-fibula-out-for-rest-of-18?icampaign=trendingNews
Logan Ryan injured. This could prove helpful in week 17. On the other hand OBJ is expected to play this week I believe.

Dam8610
12-18-2018, 04:15 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001001271/article/injuries-titans-logan-ryan-fibula-out-for-rest-of-18?icampaign=trendingNews
Logan Ryan injured. This could prove helpful in week 17. On the other hand OBJ is expected to play this week I believe.

Hopkins and Cooper are on that level. Hopefully Desir is up to one more test.

Colts And Orioles
12-22-2018, 10:46 PM
o

(CHARGERS vs. RAVENS, 12/22)

The Ravens' defense dominated the first half, but their lead is only 6-3 at the intermission.

The otherwise extremely reliable Justin Tucker missed a makeable field goal attempt (53 yards), which helped to undermine the Ravens' advantage on the scoreboard. He also missed a 65-yard attempt on the final play of the 1st half.

o

chicagocolt
12-22-2018, 10:54 PM
Hopefully the chargers get their shit together in the second half here. Ravens should be up by a lot more than 6-3

Colts And Orioles
12-22-2018, 11:07 PM
o

(CHARGERS vs. RAVENS, 12/22)

The Ravens' defense dominated the first half, but their lead is only 6-3 at the intermission.

The otherwise extremely reliable Justin Tucker missed a makeable field goal attempt (53 yards), which helped to undermine the Ravens' advantage on the scoreboard. He also missed a 65-yard attempt on the final play of the 1st half.

o
o

The Ravens did exactly what the Chargers did on the very first play from scrimmage at the start of the half ........ they turned the ball over.

The Ravens converted their turnover into 3 points in the 1st half ........ the Chargers converted their turnover into 7 points in the 2nd half.

o

chicagocolt
12-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Lamar Jackson is good. Unreal that this team played Flacco for as long as they did this year

Dewey 5
12-22-2018, 11:57 PM
Playoffs are not looking very good at the moment.

Butter
12-23-2018, 12:08 AM
Of course, the Chargers shit the bed when we need them to win.

Dam8610
12-23-2018, 12:11 AM

The Saints should beat the Steelers tomorrow.

Dewey 5
12-23-2018, 12:28 AM
The Saints should beat the Steelers tomorrow.

If the Steelers lose & the Colts win out, are we in? I need playoff scenarios for dummies.

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2018, 12:55 AM
If the Steelers lose & the Colts win out, are we in? I need playoff scenarios for dummies.

o

Yes.

In fact, if the Colts win out, all they need is one loss by either the Steelers (who have 2 games left to play) or the Ravens (who still have to play the Browns next week.)

The Colts have an outside shot at the division title, also. They need the Texans to lose both of their games for that to happen, though.

The Colts are actually still alive for the # 2 seed and a first-round bye if they win out, and both the Texans and the Patriots lose their 2 remaining games. The Steelers and the Ravens would also each have to lose a game apiece for that to happen.

THE BOTTOM LINE:) If the Colts win out, they likely will be in the postseason.

If they lose to the Giants tomorrow, they have almost no chance to make the postseason, even if they beat the Titans next week.

o

Hoopsdoc
12-23-2018, 12:56 AM

Today went as bad as it possibly could have in terms of the Colts playoff hopes.

Also, never ever count on Phyliss Rivers and the Chargers.

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2018, 01:04 AM
Today went as bad as it possibly could have in terms of the Colts playoff hopes.

Also, never ever count on Phyliss Rivers and the Chargers.

o

The Ravens game was the real shot to the midsection.

The Titans' win today did not change the Colts' playoff prospects at all ...... they already beat the Titans once, and they play them again next week.

The loser of the Colts-Titans game will be out, under any and all circumstances.

o

DrSpaceman
12-23-2018, 11:34 AM
God damn chargers and Pats

When we need them to win, they suck.

Now we need the Saints to come through or the playoff hopes are looking slimmer.

Or a win by the Eagles today, keep the small division title hopes alive. Then we have to depend on the Jags next week though.

DrSpaceman
12-23-2018, 11:39 AM
And if we go through all this to lose to a Titans team QBd by Blaine Gabbert, that is going to suck.

Dam8610
12-23-2018, 12:59 PM

Yes

JAFF
12-23-2018, 01:13 PM
No sense worrying about other teams. They can only do one thing, win their games.

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2018, 01:25 PM
No sense worrying about other teams. They can only do one thing, win their games.

o

For the Colts players, yes.

For Colts fans, there is no sense in ignoring the fact that they need help in other games in order to qualify for the playoffs.

o

Luck4Reich
12-23-2018, 05:20 PM
Can we start a new playoff thread and let this piece of shit die?

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2018, 05:23 PM
o

Yes.

In fact, if the Colts win out, all they need is one loss by either the Steelers (who have 2 games left to play) or the Ravens (who still have to play the Browns next week.)

The Colts have an outside shot at the division title, also. They need the Texans to lose both of their games for that to happen, though.

The Colts are actually still alive for the # 2 seed and a first-round bye if they win out, and both the Texans and the Patriots lose their 2 remaining games. The Steelers and the Ravens would also each have to lose a game apiece for that to happen.

THE BOTTOM LINE:) If the Colts win out, they likely will be in the postseason.

If they lose to the Giants tomorrow, they have almost no chance to make the postseason, even if they beat the Titans next week.

o
o

The Patriots' win over the Bills rules out the possibility of a first-round bye.

The division title is still within reach though, due to the Colts' win and the Texans' loss.

o

Racehorse
12-23-2018, 05:45 PM
Can we start a new playoff thread and let this piece of shit die?

With C&O, no thread EVER dies. NEVER!

Luck4Reich
12-23-2018, 05:46 PM

I know...sigh:(

JAFF
12-23-2018, 05:54 PM
I know...sigh:(

The internet is written in ink

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2018, 06:01 PM

o

No relevant thread ever dies with me.

The Colts' playoff chances is a very relevant topic right now, and has been since they won 5 straight games to improve to a 6-5 overall record.

Starting a new thread would be redundant, unless you just want something to bitch about.

o

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Let’s go saints!! Looking like a win and get in game next week!

njcoltfan
12-23-2018, 07:51 PM
Let’s go saints!! Looking like a win and get in game next week!

Fuckin Saints can't get to the rapist and can't cover anyone, how the hell did they win 12 games?? The Steelers are going to win this game going away!

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 07:55 PM
Fuckin Saints can't get to the rapist and can't cover anyone, how the hell did they win 12 games?? The Steelers are going to win this game going away!

Since I typed that the Steelers have taken over. Eli Apple is terrible, why the hell did NO trade for him?! Was their previous CB2 that bad?

Big Smooth
12-23-2018, 07:58 PM
I'll echo that, how the hell did the saints win 12 games.

Also, without Brown the Stealers wouldn't be in the position they are.

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 08:05 PM
Looked like a fumble to me. Saints need 7 here

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 08:14 PM
This is brutal, Saints fucking suck

Brylok
12-23-2018, 08:16 PM
Pittsburgh is absolutely dominating this game in the second half. I hope this doesn't become a trend

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 08:19 PM
Hahahahahaha that Steelers player celebrating. So funny

njcoltfan
12-23-2018, 08:21 PM
What the hell was that call, Rollin might have just made the bonehead call of the day!!

njcoltfan
12-23-2018, 08:22 PM
What the hell was that call, Rollin might have just made the bonehead call of the day!!

Tomlin might

Big Smooth
12-23-2018, 08:24 PM
Aints

Brylok
12-23-2018, 08:33 PM
Rapistburger left his Just for Men in too long. Got too dark

Dewey 5
12-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Here we go. Saints up 3 with 1:25 left

DragonTails
12-23-2018, 08:44 PM
4th and 15 converted

njcoltfan
12-23-2018, 08:46 PM
Steelers are going to win this game

njcoltfan
12-23-2018, 08:48 PM

No their not!

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 08:48 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Win and get in let’s go!!!!

Dewey 5
12-23-2018, 08:49 PM
The dream is very much alive!

Spike
12-23-2018, 08:49 PM

Nope, Saints win!

Brylok
12-23-2018, 08:50 PM
Yeah! Wild card baby!

NextManUp
12-23-2018, 08:50 PM
The playoffs for the Colts officially start next week!

Crispy
12-23-2018, 08:51 PM
We are essentially in the playoffs.

The Pre-Wild Card game is next week.

JAFF
Pittsburg lost ..........holy f**k

smitty46953
That tie we should have against Texans sure looks better now. Gutsy call or not

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DragonTails
12-23-2018, 08:52 PM
We are essentially in the playoffs.

The Pre-Wild Card game is next week.

gonna be tough

Butter
12-23-2018, 08:52 PM
IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!! Now we can't choke on the Tits.

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 08:56 PM

Wouldn’t matter. We’d still have to win this week

Big Smooth
12-23-2018, 08:59 PM
fuck Pitt

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2018, 09:01 PM

Wouldn’t matter. We’d still have to win this week

o

It would matter, because the Colts would win the division with a tie in that game.

Now, they need the Texans to lose to win the division.

So the Titans game would be a must a must-win either way, but they still need help to get a higher seed and a home playoff game in the wildcard round.

o

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2018, 09:06 PM
That tie we should have against Texans sure looks better now. Gutsy call or not.

o

That's a good point, as I was one of the minority of Colts fans that wanted us to punt the ball and take the tie.

That said, I'm completely in Frank Reich's corner overall ........ the job that he has done in his very young Colts head coaching career is outstanding, and even great coaches will occasionally make bad/questionable decisions.

So if I accept Reich's greatness (especially compared to Pagano and Caldwell previous to him), I also have to accept his mistakes/questionable decisions.

o

smitty46953
12-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Wouldn’t matter. We’d still have to win this weekYes it would, beat Titans and division would be ours based on tie breaker.

chicagocolt
12-23-2018, 09:53 PM
Yes it would, beat Titans and division would be ours based on tie breaker.

Ah ok, I was just thinking we’d still have to beat the racks to make the playoffs regardless of tie.