ATLANTA FALCONS ooooollllllllllllllll)) - 37

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS llllllll.o - 27

o

njcoltfan
02-01-2017, 06:44 AM
I really don't give a shit.

FatDT
02-01-2017, 08:32 AM
I would like to see Freeney get another SB. And watching the Pats lose big games is almost as good as the Colts winning.

Voosh
02-01-2017, 09:03 AM
I voted New England, but I would rather see the Falcons win.

Indiana V2
02-01-2017, 09:34 AM
I want the Falcons to defeat the Cheatriots, but I think that New England wins...easily.

Hoopsdoc
02-01-2017, 10:30 AM
I voted New England, but I would rather see the Falcons win.

Same here.

31-28 New England on a Gostkowski field goal.

HoosierinFL
02-01-2017, 11:24 AM
I think Atlanta has got a shot, and boy do I hope they win it!

PeytonsForehead
02-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Unfortunately Cheatriots 34 - 20

Colts And Orioles
02-01-2017, 09:12 PM
I would like to see Freeney get another SB. And watching the Pats lose big games is almost as good as the Colts winning.

Part of the reason why the Colts did not win the 2009 season Super Bowl against the Saints was the fact that Freeney was essentially playing on one and-a-half legs, due to the severe injury that he sustained in the waning minutes of the AFC Championship game against the Jets 2 weeks prior. Even still, Freeney managed to get a solo sack of Drew Brees in the 2nd quarter, which forced the Saints to settle for a field goal instead of a possible touchdown.

This time, Freeney will have two healthy legs ...... and Tom Brady may be in trouble.

FatDT
02-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Part of the reason why the Colts did not win the 2009 season Super Bowl against the Saints was the fact that Freeney was essentially playing on one and-a-half legs, due to the severe injury that he sustained in the waning minutes of the AFC Championship game against the Jets 2 weeks prior. Even still, Freeney managed to get a solo sack of Drew Brees in the 2nd quarter, which forced the Saints to settle for a field goal instead of a possible touchdown.

This time, Freeney will have two healthy legs ...... and Tom Brady may be in trouble.

Freeneys leg stiffening up during half time is one of the biggest reasons we lost that game.

Puck
02-01-2017, 10:45 PM
34- 27 Falcons. Freeney with the strip sack scooped for a TD to secure the win

Spike
02-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Freeneys leg stiffening up during half time is one of the biggest reasons we lost that game.

That was the biggest reason, but also thrown in a huge Pierre Garcon dropped pass and Hank Baskett fucking up an onside kick. That super bowl still stings, should have whipped their ass.

VeveJones007
02-02-2017, 12:15 AM
This reminds me of those mid- to late-2000's years when the Colts simply had too many weapons for Belichick to scheme against. Maybe if the Pats still had Collins and Jones, but they can't match up against the Falcons and don't have enough of a pass rush to disrupt Ryan.

Falcons by double digits.

VeveJones007
02-02-2017, 12:20 AM

That, and Robert Mathis going AWOL in the 2nd half...and the coaches playing Jennings 10 yards off every play...and the Garçon drop...and the fumbled onside kick by Baskett...

It is obvious I'm still bitter about that game?

Brylok
02-02-2017, 01:07 AM
That, and Robert Mathis going AWOL in the 2nd half...and the coaches playing Jennings 10 yards off every play...and the Garçon drop...and the fumbled onside kick by Baskett...

It is obvious I'm still bitter about that game?
Baskett...
That's the only word/name that should be filtered on this site.

Blue Thunder
02-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Prediction: I will hate the outcome.....I will be drunk......Lady Gaga can suck my.......

daedge
02-02-2017, 05:21 AM
Falcons are going to get it done.

Colts And Orioles
02-02-2017, 05:18 PM
o

Barnwell's Super Bowl LI Preview: Why I'm predicting a Rout

(By Bill Barnwell)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18599645/barnwell-super-bowl-li-preview-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons

albany ed
02-02-2017, 08:36 PM
I think the Pats will win, although this week, Atlanta is my second favorite team.

woodyscolts
02-02-2017, 08:48 PM
I voted Falcons but I cannot decide if I want to watch this game or not! If Pats are winning I will probably turn it off but kick myself for not watching if they get their butts kicked!

Puck
02-02-2017, 10:39 PM
Prediction: I will hate the outcome.....I will be drunk......Lady Gaga can suck my.......

I wouldn't let her suck mine. Well maybe

omahacolt
02-02-2017, 11:47 PM

Yes you would

natagu23
02-03-2017, 01:57 AM
Atlanta.

30-24

Racehorse
02-03-2017, 07:42 AM

Well, he's a guy, so...

FatDT
02-03-2017, 09:41 AM
What does each team need to do to win here?

I think the Pats will rely heavily on the run and short passing game. The Falcons will come hard at Brady. They didn't have a ton of sacks this year, but they tied for third in QB hurries with 122. Without Gronk I expect NE to use Blount and Lewis and high percentage passes to keep the ATL offense off the field and to wear out the defense.

If the Falcons can strike quickly and get a lead I could see them pulling away, NE can't win a shootout with them. But the Pats allowed the fewest points all season. If anyone can hang back in coverage and smother this ATL offense it's probably them. If the ATL offense struggles early I think it'll go bad fast for them. NE will capitalize on mistakes.

Really this feels a lot like a Colts/Pats game from the mid 00s.

Puck
02-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Yes you would

probably but not on a Wednesday

smitty46953
02-03-2017, 11:27 AM
probably but not on a Wednesday

To old for a twofer ??? :cool:

apballin
02-04-2017, 12:01 PM
The Pats had the red carpet rolled out to the super bowl, Texans at home (joke) then the Steelers without Bell (another joke) the only elite QB that defense played all year was Russel Wilson and he torched them. I laugh every time I see #1 defense in points allowed- GTFO yeah vs a shitty division and 49ers, rams, browns

Colts And Orioles
02-04-2017, 04:39 PM
o

Barnwell's Super Bowl LI Preview: Why I'm predicting a Rout

(By Bill Barnwell)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18599645/barnwell-super-bowl-li-preview-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons

o

Inside the Numbers: What Makes the Falcons' Offense the NFL's Best

(By John Roberts and Titus Smith)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18606090/a-look-makes-atlanta-falcons-offense-best-nfl

FatDT
02-04-2017, 05:16 PM
The Pats had the red carpet rolled out to the super bowl, Texans at home (joke) then the Steelers without Bell (another joke) the only elite QB that defense played all year was Russel Wilson and he torched them. I laugh every time I see #1 defense in points allowed- GTFO yeah vs a shitty division and 49ers, rams, browns

This is a good point. They had a very easy schedule this year. They have not faced an offense nearly as good as the Falcons.

omahacolt
02-04-2017, 06:59 PM
This is a good point. They had a very easy schedule this year. They have not faced an offense nearly as good as the Falcons.

holy shit would it be great to see the pats lose in the super bowl again.

i hate that they made it but man is it a blast seeing their fans so miserable. like coltsalr.

FatDT
02-04-2017, 07:09 PM
holy shit would it be great to see the pats lose in the super bowl again.

i hate that they made it but man is it a blast seeing their fans so miserable. like coltsalr.

I am not joking when I say that watching the Pats lose a big game is almost as satisfying as a Colts win.

Blue Thunder
02-04-2017, 10:37 PM
Falcons 27 the other guys 23. Besides Gaga fuckin' up my day, now I hear Namath is in the halftime booth? Geez, how many times do I have to live through that.....

smitty46953
02-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Falcons 27 the other guys 23. Besides Gaga fuckin' up my day, now I hear Namath is in the halftime booth? Geez, how many times do I have to live through that.....

Halftime will probably have the most toilet flushes in a 20 minute time span all year ... :cool:

natagu23
02-05-2017, 04:47 PM
If those ******* win, Ill be sick for a week.

F**ck those 'drone flying over Falcon's practice' cheaters.

Colts And Orioles
02-05-2017, 07:13 PM
o

Of 100 experts/sportswriters at ESPN:

The Patriots llllll.y 72

The Falcons lllllllll.o 28

ESPN Super Bowl LI Expert Picks

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18585341/super-bowl-li-predictions-espn-staff-picks-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons

o

omahacolt
02-05-2017, 07:23 PM
o

The Patriots llllll.y 72

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18585341/super-bowl-li-predictions-espn-staff-picks-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons

o

haha you said espn and experts

your color scheme is gay. did you think of that when you were eating cookies for breakfast

Colts And Orioles
02-05-2017, 08:25 PM
o

The Patriots llllll.y 72

o

haha you said espn and experts

your color scheme is gay. did you think of that when you were eating cookies for breakfast

o

I haven't had cookies for breakfast since I was 13, and the protein shakes and Gatorade that I drink now are great for my long-distance running.

Thanks for your concern, though. I hope all is well with your family.

o

Colts And Orioles
02-05-2017, 10:50 PM
o

That was a Lynn Swann-esque catch by Julio Jones right there.

Dewey 5
02-05-2017, 11:47 PM
When a FG would probably put the game away, well within range, Shanahan decides to call two pass plays with disastrous results. . As much head as Shanahan has received this year I have to re-think my assessment of him.

Indiana V2
02-06-2017, 12:14 AM
When a FG would probably put the game away, well within range, Shanahan decides to call two pass plays with disastrous results. . As much head as Shanahan has received this year I have to re-think my assessment of him.

Yeah, he will still get the San Francisco gig, but his second half play calling was concerning to say the least...less than stellar.

Spike
02-06-2017, 12:23 AM

Totally agree, so fucking stupid.

Colts And Orioles
02-06-2017, 12:23 AM

o

At least Scott Norwood's missed 47-yard field goal was a relatively challenging task, especially for its time in the early 90's when field goal kickers were not regularly trying (and often making) 55-yarders on an almost routine basis.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks' decision to try to force the ball into coverage instead of spiking the ball, and then having 2 chances to get one yard from Marshawn Lynch, as well as Matt Ryan and the Falcons' decision not to simply keep the ball on the ground and kick what would have been a game-clinching field goal are flat out inexcusable, and completely inexplicable.

And because of those 2 insane coaching decisions (as well as the quarterbacks not choosing to veto their coaches' instructions, and call their own play/audible at the line), the Patriots are now 5-4 in Super Bowls, instead of 3-6 ...... and we're going to have to hear never-ending slobbering about how great Tom Brady is.

Dewey 5
02-06-2017, 12:28 AM
And the pats will probably be in the Sb next year again. Its never ending.

njcoltfan
02-06-2017, 07:00 AM

Very Paganoish!!

njcoltfan
02-06-2017, 07:02 AM
And the pats will probably be in the Sb next year again. Its never ending.

Say what you want about them, and I hate them as much as anyone who posts on this board, but they have a head coach that knows what he's doing.

Racehorse
02-06-2017, 09:21 AM

Did I read that last sentence correctly?

PeytonsForehead
02-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Say what you want about them, and I hate them as much as anyone who posts on this board, but they have a head coach that knows what he's doing.

Belicheater is no doubt one of the best coaches ever but is it because of Brady or is it because of him?

rcubed
02-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Belicheater is no doubt one of the best coaches ever but is it because of Brady or is it because of him?

its a combination but more so bill. he has complete control of whats going on there. they keep on chugging even with brady out. they could very well spin garapalo into some nice draft pics. there may be some drop off when brady retires, but if they keep their course they will probably do well with another QB.

also, when bill retires from coaching he could very well just slip into an exec role (pres of football opertions), have one of his minions do the daily grind of coaching but essentially still be controlling the team.

Mr. Session
02-06-2017, 07:16 PM

It's Bill, It's always been Bill.

I am honestly very curious to see how Brady's career arc goes. I think he's smart enough to realize he's gotten as far as he has because he's always had the best, most innovative coaching staff in the league.

Guys like Montana, Favre, Manning - They all eventually moved on from their original team and continued to play elite level football for some time for the next team they played with. Manning is obviously the most impressive example because he managed to reach Two championships with Denver and actually win one. I know Montana got close, and I will never forget the Referees screwing Minnesota out of their opportunity with favre against New Orleans.

Belichick was a great coach before Brady. Those defenses New York used to have were fucking horrifying.