PDA

View Full Version : Hankins contract vs Short's deal

jasperhobbs
04-17-2017, 08:11 PM
I realize Johnathan Hankins is not on par with Kawaan Short but I feel the Colts got a very good player for a lot less money. The only problem I see is if Hankins develops even more, he will be hard to sign in 3 years when his contract is up and he is only 28 years old.

Maniac
04-17-2017, 11:55 PM
The only problem I see is if Hankins develops even more, he will be hard to sign in 3 years when his contract is up and he is only 28 years old.

You can't worry about that at this stage. Just draft a NT when possible in the next couple of years as insurance. If you miss on the draft pick, and you can't resign or don't want to resign Hankins, then look at free agency again.

Who knows how it will pan out though. Far too many free agents end up being busts for their new team. Hopefully Hankins isn't one of those. We badly need him to play well here.

VeveJones007
04-18-2017, 12:02 AM
I realize Johnathan Hankins is not on par with Kawaan Short but I feel the Colts got a very good player for a lot less money. The only problem I see is if Hankins develops even more, he will be hard to sign in 3 years when his contract is up and he is only 28 years old.

This is like worrying whether or not you'll still be fucking Kate Upton in three years when she's laying naked on the bed right in front of you. Appreciate what you have for a while before fretting about something so far down the road.

smitty46953
04-18-2017, 12:13 AM
This is like worrying whether or not you'll still be fucking Kate Upton in three years when she's laying naked on the bed right in front of you. Appreciate what you have for a while before fretting about something so far down the road.

LOL !!! :cool:

jasperhobbs
04-18-2017, 04:57 PM
The hope is Ballard hits on a lot of draft choices and continuously infuses young talent onto the roster.

sherck
04-18-2017, 05:49 PM
The hope is Ballard hits on a lot of draft choices and continuously infuses young talent onto the roster.
That is the key.

Free agency only goes so far. Draft well and you can compete for the crown.

Cherrs,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk