PDA

View Full Version : Irsay interview with Stephon Holder

Puck
03-27-2017, 06:31 PM
I dont want to post all the tweets. If someone else wants too awesome.

So have at it

https://mobile.twitter.com/HolderStephen

Colt Classic
03-28-2017, 06:55 AM
I dont want to post all the tweets. If someone else wants too awesome.

So have at it

https://mobile.twitter.com/HolderStephen

Why post an interview using Twitter? I'm not mucking through all of that.

sherck
03-28-2017, 07:05 AM
The only part that I raised an eyebrow at was the bit about "picking a RB earlier rather than later...."

The whole interview pretty much centered around the "rebuilding will take 2 years" stuff that this year is laying the groundwork for filling the holes next year.

However, RB is a hole to be filled next year....not a building block for this year, IMO. Gore and Turbin are perfectly fine for one more season if you add a late 4th round draft pick to the mix as depth. That kid can act as depth for whomever we pick earlier next year.

But, Pass Rush, CB, ILB, O-Line and NT all rank as higher priorities of needing fixed now than RB. O-Line may have the bodies already on it to fix but it would not shock me to see O-Line taken early in the 2017 draft. No other position group has their potential fix on the roster.

We simply do not have the luxury to pick RB early in the 2017 draft.

Cheers,

Wyatt
03-28-2017, 07:31 AM
The only part that I raised an eyebrow at was the bit about "picking a RB earlier rather than later...."

The whole interview pretty much centered around the "rebuilding will take 2 years" stuff that this year is laying the groundwork for filling the holes next year.

However, RB is a hole to be filled next year....not a building block for this year, IMO. Gore and Turbin are perfectly fine for one more season if you add a late 4th round draft pick to the mix as depth. That kid can act as depth for whomever we pick earlier next year.

But, Pass Rush, CB, ILB, O-Line and NT all rank as higher priorities of needing fixed now than RB. O-Line may have the bodies already on it to fix but it would not shock me to see O-Line taken early in the 2017 draft. No other position group has their potential fix on the roster.

We simply do not have the luxury to pick RB early in the 2017 draft.

Cheers,

Just to be clear, Holder mis-spoke when he said something about RB early, he later corrected himself

@HolderStephen 12h12 hours ago
I might have mischaracterized Irsay in an earlier tweet. He mentioned RBs repeatedly. But he did throw in "later draft pick" later on.

omahacolt
03-28-2017, 07:57 AM
Just to be clear, Holder mis-spoke when he said something about RB early, he later corrected himself

I might have mischaracterized Irsay in an earlier tweet. He mentioned RBs repeatedly. But he did throw in "later draft pick" later on.

It doesn't matter what they say. Don't listen to anything right before the draft

VeveJones007
03-28-2017, 10:29 AM

One of the 4th rounders is my guess.

Puck
03-28-2017, 11:24 AM
http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Jim-Irsay-on-2017-Draft-Approach/da8ce15d-ad32-4872-951d-814dbb3958d3

rcubed
03-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Why post an interview using Twitter? I'm not mucking through all of that.

clicks and traffic

Colt Classic
03-28-2017, 10:13 PM
clicks and traffic

and he has nothing of note to say otherwise, so it's the only way he'll get additional follows...

rcubed
03-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Irsay says colts will not be doing hard knocks this year.

While I am glad that we wont have the distraction of doing that show, selfishly I wish they would do it so I can see some colts behind the scenes stuff. I have never watched hard knocks as I dont care about the other teams, but I would watch if the colts were on.