PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference Today 4:15

Puck
01-30-2017, 01:44 PM
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chris-Ballard-Press-Conference-LIVE--415-pm/d359c866-e1a8-4b7e-ba83-9875a5e9501e

FatDT
01-30-2017, 02:21 PM
Go rogue, Ballard. Fire Pagano and ask Irsay's forgiveness later.

rcubed
01-30-2017, 05:37 PM
ballard: pagano is coach. he's a good coach that's won a lot of games.

that's not what I wanted to hear ballard.

FatDT
01-30-2017, 05:40 PM
This is some bull shit.

Hoopsdoc
01-30-2017, 06:21 PM
Good grief.

Fire Ballard!!!

Brylok
01-30-2017, 06:23 PM
It will be okay. Ballard will improve the talent and Pagano will have enough rope to hang himself with. The lack of talent excuse will be no more.

Colt Classic
01-30-2017, 07:04 PM
His ideas sounded similar to the last guy's.

Thorgrim
01-30-2017, 07:29 PM
It will be okay. Ballard will improve the talent and Pagano will have enough rope to hang himself with. The lack of talent excuse will be no more.

Really? How many feet of rope are they gonna continue to give Pagano? Will Ballard make enough changes that after another disappointing campaign Jim can't say "well he's had a good gm for only a year. Better give him another just to be sure"?
Even if the colts improve, which they should, I believe a better coach could be had.

njcoltfan
01-30-2017, 07:32 PM
ballard: pagano is coach. he's a good coach that's won a lot of games.

that's not what I wanted to hear ballard.

Well there goes my hope that Ballard had a mind of his own!! He's just Irsay lackey. He should have said Andrew Luck has won a lot of games IN SPITE of Chuckles Pagano!

Spike
01-30-2017, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=rcubed;721]ballard: pagano is coach. he's a good coach that's won a lot of games.

Ballard must not have watched any Pagano coached games.

Luck4Reich
01-30-2017, 07:45 PM
Well this sucks balls

Racehorse
01-30-2017, 08:11 PM
Well, we have to hope Pags learns quickly about how to be a good coach.

Spike
01-30-2017, 08:26 PM
Well, we have to hope Pags learns quickly about how to be a good coach.

The problem is you can't fix stupid.

DragonTails
01-30-2017, 08:47 PM
The problem is you can't fix stupid.

Well a talented roster can hide stupid. Think Caldwell.

Brylok
01-30-2017, 08:49 PM
Really? How many feet of rope are they gonna continue to give Pagano? Will Ballard make enough changes that after another disappointing campaign Jim can't say "well he's had a good gm for only a year. Better give him another just to be sure"?
Even if the colts improve, which they should, I believe a better coach could be had.

I'm not defending Pagano and I think a better coach can be had, too. But he's going to be the coach in 2017 so we're stuck with him. Ballard will improve the team and Chuck's rope will be the 2017 season. If he sucks again, and he most likely will, he'll be fired. If Irsay has any sense, anyway. Again, I'm not defending Pagano, I've wanted him gone as long as anyone else.

Wyatt
01-30-2017, 09:03 PM
Regardless of the clapper sticking around, I'm still very happy with this hire, gives me some hope moving forward.

FatDT
01-30-2017, 09:10 PM
Regardless of the clapper sticking around, I'm still very happy with this hire, gives me some hope moving forward.

The best I can say is that I'll wait and see. This kind of start really makes me question his judgment. And if he is doing it because he has to then he's not who I thought he was. He seemed to have the reputation of someone that would wait for the right job and not be bound by stupid constraints like this.

Indiana V2
01-30-2017, 09:24 PM
Don't like the hiring already, if he truly thinks Chuck Pagano is a good coach we're screwed for another 5 years. Sorry, Luck.

Thorgrim
01-30-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm not defending Pagano and I think a better coach can be had, too. But he's going to be the coach in 2017 so we're stuck with him. Ballard will improve the team and Chuck's rope will be the 2017 season. If he sucks again, and he most likely will, he'll be fired. If Irsay has any sense, anyway. Again, I'm not defending Pagano, I've wanted him gone as long as anyone else.

It's stupefying that Irsay made this decision. Hopefully an infusion of talent will compensate for the idiot at the helm.

omahacolt
01-30-2017, 09:28 PM
Don't like the hiring already, if he truly thinks Chuck Pagano is a good coach we're screwed for another 5 years. Sorry, Luck.

But what is he going to say? Keeping him came from irsay

Brylok
01-30-2017, 09:34 PM
It's stupefying that Irsay made this decision. Hopefully an infusion of talent will compensate for the idiot at the helm.

Yep, it is. All we can do is hope for the best. I'm certain Ballard will improve the talent. Chuck will get himself canned.

rcubed
01-30-2017, 09:35 PM
The best I can say is that I'll wait and see. This kind of start really makes me question his judgment. And if he is doing it because he has to then he's not so I thought he was. He seemed to have the reputation of someone that would wait for the right job and not be bound by stupid constraints like this.

From what i read and heard in the press conference, he wanted a few things in a gm job. Location (midwest smallish market), good owner, and throw set at qb in for a bonus. Maybe he told himself he can suffer through a year with pagano to get the job he wanted, thinking long term. It would have been nice for him to stand ground, but maybe that would have cost him the job and we end up with someone else and still have pags regardless.

rcubed
01-30-2017, 09:52 PM
http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-colts-new-gm-ballard-impresses-and-pagano-survives-another-year-%E2%80%93-again

Kravitz

DefinatelyDifferent
01-31-2017, 04:08 AM
All I can say is 🤢...

Edgeman, we need a puking emoji!!

HoosierinFL
01-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Here's my little glimmer of optimism. I vaguely recall, from the 2015 season when there was all this talk of Grigson interfering too much with Pagano's job, that one of the ways he was doing this was by not letting Pagano discipline guys - in other words, Pagano wanted to be harder on guys than he was, but Grigson wouldn't let him.
Now this year, there was talking again from some players that "they wanted to be coached harder". So once again, is this something where Pagano was being held back?
This clearly doesn't excuse his terrible in-game decisions, apparent lack of preparation for an opponent, and horrible offensive scheme, but hey like I said, it's a little glimmer of optimism.

Racehorse
01-18-2019, 07:32 AM
Just a random bump of a random thread to see how it feels to be Colts and Oreos.

Butter
01-18-2019, 11:54 AM
Just a random bump of a random thread to see how it feels to be Colts and Oreos.

There is only room for one thread necromancer.

Thorgrim
01-18-2019, 02:28 PM
There is only room for one thread necromancer.

Maybe a sticky thread for the sole purpose of obscure colts trivia and random observations is in order. It could pay homage to a previous quirky personality as well... Da Coats and Oreos House of Peculiarities.

rcubed
01-18-2019, 02:35 PM
Maybe a sticky thread for the sole purpose of obscure colts trivia and random observations is in order. It could pay homage to a previous quirky personality as well... Da Coats and Oreos House of Peculiarities.
perfect! a thread I wont ever have to visit!

Pez
01-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Maybe a sticky thread for the sole purpose of obscure colts trivia and random observations is in order. It could pay homage to a previous quirky personality as well... Da Coats and Oreos House of Peculiarities.Today I realized that the CFL had a Baltimore colts expansion team. You can still gets hats and shirts. Their logo looked like a monochrome blue Broncos logo. If I ever see a road game in baltimore, I'm going to.buy a hat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Oldcolt
01-18-2019, 03:27 PM

Gotta say, I love how minds work around here

Racehorse
01-18-2019, 06:52 PM
Gotta say, I love how minds work around here

I know now how he feels; it is like when you say, "made you look", when it was nothing to look at in the first place.

Colts And Orioles
01-18-2019, 07:56 PM
I know now how he feels; it is like when you say, "made you look", when it was nothing to look at in the first place.

o

Unlike your antagonistic bump of this thread, my bumps (and/or new threads started of historical comparisons) always have some type of significant relevance........such as this one that you thanked, in spite of your belittling of the practice.

http://coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65422

More importantly, I didn't ask for the "Historian" title to be placed below my screen name ........ It was Smitty's idea, and I had no problem with him doing so when he private messaged me in regard to it.

And considering that Smitty is much less pompous and rambunctious than are you, his feelings and sentiments on the subject go much longer with me than do yours........in other words, if I'm doing something that Smitty appreciates but Racehorse doesn't like, then I must be doing something right.

o

Racehorse
01-18-2019, 09:45 PM
o

Unlike your antagonistic bump of this thread, my bumps (and/or new threads started of historical comparisons) always have some type of significant relevance........such as this one that you thanked, in spite of your belittling of the practice.

http://coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65422

More importantly, I didn't ask for the "Historian" title to be placed below my screen name ........ It was Smitty's idea, and I had no problem with him doing so when he private messaged me in regard to it.

And considering that Smitty is much less pompous and rambunctious than are you, his feelings and sentiments on the subject go much longer with me than do yours........in other words, if I'm doing something that Smitty appreciates but Racehorse doesn't like, then I must be doing something right.

oHa ha ha. Made you look.
Triggered!

Racehorse
01-18-2019, 09:49 PM
By the way, I like many of your posts. You are an asset to this board. I also like giving you a hard time, like I do many others on here. That is how brothers do it in my family.

Colts And Orioles
01-18-2019, 09:54 PM
By the way, I like many of your posts. You are an asset to this board. I also like giving you a hard time, like I do many others on here. That is how brothers do it in my family.

o

Thanks the explanation, much appreciated.

Actually, I DID let it go when you made the first post on the previous page. I thought that I should just leave it be as occasional teasing/taunting that every regular poster on Colt Freaks gets. Several other posters chimed in, and I let that go, as well ....... it was after you made another post that with an additional dig that I felt that you were essentially pleading for a response, for which I gave you one.

o

omahacolt
01-18-2019, 10:23 PM
Ha ha ha. Made you look.
Triggered!

He eats cookies for breakfast, that kind of sugar intake early in the morning can make you irritable

Thorgrim
01-18-2019, 10:54 PM
Im over 50 so I actually enjoy discussing those old memories. A sticky thread would work.

YDFL Commish
01-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Im over 50 so I actually enjoy discussing those old memories. A sticky thread would work.

I agree. Although I usually skip C&O's posts anyway.

omahacolt
01-18-2019, 11:21 PM
I agree. Although I usually skip C&O's posts anyway.

Every one

Racehorse
01-19-2019, 10:18 AM
o

Thanks the explanation, much appreciated.

Actually, I DID let it go when you made the first post on the previous page. I thought that I should just leave it be as occasional teasing/taunting that every regular poster on Colt Freaks gets. Several other posters chimed in, and I let that go, as well ....... it was after you made another post that with an additional dig that I felt that you were essentially pleading for a response, for which I gave you one.

o
I don't beg. That would be Dam's mom. Don't confuse me with her. I am not a Ma'am!