PDA

View Full Version : Aiken Highlights

Puck
03-22-2017, 08:10 AM
This is from the news feed thread.... this kid can maybe be the "Reggie" role?

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Video-Highlights-Kamar-Aiken/2070709d-3477-4fe4-86eb-01b4ab081843

I love this pick up!

FatDT
03-22-2017, 08:41 AM
With that visor, his body type, and the way he fights through defenders for the catch he reminds me a little of Anquan Boldin. Not saying he will be that good ever. I am wondering why the Ravens let him go, seems to be a good receiver.

Wyatt
03-22-2017, 08:45 AM
having read through the ravens boards on the guy, they seem to think he was a good receiver that stepped up in a big way when everyone else was injured a few years back, but they weren't real happy with a comment he made about not getting play time after this last season

Brylok
03-22-2017, 09:47 AM
having read through the ravens boards on the guy, they seem to think he was a good receiver that stepped up in a big way when everyone else was injured a few years back, but they weren't real happy with a comment he made about not getting play time after this last season
A hungry, capable WR. Sounds good to me!

sherck
03-22-2017, 09:56 AM
BAL 2016 WR targets:
117 = Mike Wallace
103 = Steve Smith Jr
066 = Breshad Perriman
050 = Kamar Aiken

BAL 2015 WR targets:
127 = Kamar Aiken
073 = Steve Smith Jr
043 = Jeremy Butler

Yeah, dropping from 127 targets (7.94 per game) to 50 (3.13 per game) would indeed be a hard pill to sallow.

Competitors want to compete. Someone who felt like they "broke out" in their 2nd year of Active Roster activity would be disappointed to be dropped back to "depth" status the following season.

Hopefully, he can get a lot of targets here because we are in desperate need of better production from our WR2 and WR3 positions.

Cheers,

HoosierinFL
03-22-2017, 11:54 AM
The criticism of Aiken was that he only made plays when he was the only guy (others were injured). When the rest of their receivers were healthy, he would disappear.
I'm not really sure what that means, but that's what I've seen Ravens fans saying on Reddit

rcubed
03-22-2017, 11:58 AM
The criticism of Aiken was that he only made plays when he was the only guy (others were injured). When the rest of their receivers were healthy, he would disappear.
I'm not really sure what that means, but that's what I've seen Ravens fans saying on Reddit
What do fans know?!

Wyatt
03-22-2017, 12:40 PM
@KBowenColts 5m5 minutes ago
Kamar Aiken conference call notes:

-Was told #Colts will have an open WR competition in '17
-No true opportunity in Baltimore last year

Wyatt
03-22-2017, 12:41 PM
@HolderStephen 2m2 minutes ago
Just had conference call w new Colts WR Kamar Aiken. He's pretty salty about a lack of opps in Baltimore. Definitely has something to prove

@HolderStephen 47s48 seconds ago
#Colts told him it would be a wide open competition at WR and that's something Aiken says he was not afforded with the #Ravens.

Wyatt
03-22-2017, 12:41 PM
@HolderStephen 8s9 seconds ago
Aiken also really emphasized his physicality as a major part of his game. He said he will play lots of special teams, too.

GoBigBlue88
03-22-2017, 01:15 PM
With that visor, his body type, and the way he fights through defenders for the catch he reminds me a little of Anquan Boldin. Not saying he will be that good ever. I am wondering why the Ravens let him go, seems to be a good receiver.

Ravens fans were definitely likening him to Boldin in 2015. Though how much is just the same thing as Colts fans likening any white WR to Brandon Stokley, who knows.

VeveJones007
03-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Ravens fans were definitely likening him to Boldin in 2015. Though how much is just the same thing as Colts fans likening any white WR to Brandon Stokley, who knows.

Regardless, he's a more physical receiver than anything else the Colts have. Plus, he can fill a role on special teams. Nice get.

sherck
03-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Man, T.Y. already brings his "A" games every season.

I really hope the competitive juices get Aiken, Moncrief, Dorsett and Rogers to bring their "A" games as well. We need more production out of all the WRs after Hilton.

2016:

91 receptions = T.Y. Hilton, WR
59 receptions = Jack Doyle, TE
38 receptions = Frank Gore, RB
35 receptions = Dwayne Allen, TE
33 receptions = Phillip Dorsett, WR
30 receptions = Donte Moncrief

You cannot have only one of your top 4 pass catchers be a WR. That is allowing opposing defenses to tighten up nearer to the LoS and choke everything off. Your WRs have got to be better.

I really love this signing.

Cheers,

FatDT
03-22-2017, 02:26 PM
I trust TY to play at a high level. Nothing left for him to prove at this point.

I liked the way Rogers played last season and want to see him get more opportunities.

I like what this new guy brings in terms of physical toughness, willing attitude, competitiveness. We haven't had a physical, productive receiver since Garcon.

I haven't written Moncrief off at all. He played well in 2015 and played injured in 2016.

The only one I don't expect anything from is Dorsett. Hopefully he will surprise but he doesn't play that fast, his routes are limited and sloppy, and he drops balls. Seems like the pieces are in place to push him off the roster altogether.

VeveJones007
03-22-2017, 04:27 PM
I trust TY to play at a high level. Nothing left for him to prove at this point.

I liked the way Rogers played last season and want to see him get more opportunities.

I like what this new guy brings in terms of physical toughness, willing attitude, competitiveness. We haven't had a physical, productive receiver since Garcon.

I haven't written Moncrief off at all. He played well in 2015 and played injured in 2016.

The only one I don't expect anything from is Dorsett. Hopefully he will surprise but he doesn't play that fast, his routes are limited and sloppy, and he drops balls. Seems like the pieces are in place to push him off the roster altogether.

I wouldn't go as far to push him off the roster. Dorsett is still a deep threat as the very least. Imagine how bogged down the offense would be if TY were hurt and you only had Moncrief/Aiken/Rogers.

omahacolt
03-22-2017, 06:26 PM
i think this whiny kid won't really do much.

he lost reps for a reason. i wish him all the best. would be nice to have a dude that can be the possession wr luck lost in wayne

YDFL Commish
03-22-2017, 08:21 PM
i think this whiny kid won't really do much.

he lost reps for a reason. i wish him all the best. would be nice to have a dude that can be the possession wr luck lost in wayne

So he's a whiny kid, but when Allen bitched about how may targets he got a few years ago, you conveniently don't remember that?

Aiken may not do much. But, I think Dorsett better start working now, because he ain't staying on the team at WR-5.

omahacolt
03-23-2017, 06:29 AM
So he's a whiny kid, but when Allen bitched about how may targets he got a few years ago, you conveniently don't remember that?

Aiken may not do much. But, I think Dorsett better start working now, because he ain't staying on the team at WR-5.

Nope. Don't remember that.

Luck4Reich
03-23-2017, 07:16 AM
Can't trust highlights

I hope he works out though.

Wyatt
03-23-2017, 03:14 PM
@jeffzrebiecsun 22m22 minutes ago
Sounds like Kamar Aiken's 1_year deal with Colts was for about 2.6 mill with $1.5 mill guaranteed. And 600k in per game roster bonuses