PDA

View Full Version : Suh anyone?

Puck
03-08-2018, 05:41 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2763193-ndamukong-suh-rumors-dolphins-considering-releasing-dt.amp.html

Dammys love fest may start again

njcoltfan
03-08-2018, 06:03 AM
how many times can I say absolutely NO!!!!!!

Indiana V2
03-08-2018, 07:03 AM
This seems like one of those situations where everyone will pass on Sun because of his on field antics, and recent drop in play, and so he'll sign with the Patriots, and be a stud again.

Puck
03-08-2018, 07:17 AM
This seems like one of those situations where everyone will pass on Sun because of his on field antics, and recent drop in play, and so he'll sign with the Patriots, and be a stud again.

At his age he will want to sign with a contender Or maybe money is all he cares about.

But Suh/Hankins would certainly make this a great dline

Not gonna happen. We are not a contender and Ballard isn't gonna give him that much money He's too old for what he is gonna want Better chance of Poe coming IMO. And I doubt that happens either

HoosierinFL
03-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Ballard has repeatedly said he's not planning on making a big splash in free agency, wants to build from within, and will only be signing the kinds of free agents who can be part of the team, and prove their worth their contract.
That definitely rules out guys like Suh.

Just pretend that Polian is in charge again, because it sounds like Ballard has a similar mindset. Polian would never sign Suh.

sherck
03-08-2018, 10:12 AM
For everyone except Omaha, the PFF grades for Suh and Poe (and Hankins for reference):

Year.........Suh.........Poe..........Hankins

2012.......86.1.........46.8.........College
2011.......78.4.........College.....College
2010.......81.8.........College.....College

Basically on the grading scale:
90s = Elite
80s = NFL Superior
70s = NFL Average
60s = Marginal NFL talent
50s and below = Why are you on an NFL field?

Suh is an on-field talent who has not missed many snaps over the past 5 years nor has his play trailed off yet. While he is 31 years old, you are going to get an impact player for a large amount of money.

However, Poe is no slouch. While not nearly the impact player, he has graded out very well and is pretty comparable to our own Jonathan Hankins whom I think most would agree played pretty well for us in 2017.

I am not against signing Poe because he is younger and will be much more affordable than Suh. While not the talent, having a DT rotation of Hankins, Poe, Anderson and Woods with Ridgeway and Stewart on the bubble to even make the team would be pretty high speed. Lots of rotation to keep them fresh and hopefully lots of inside pressure to help out Sheard, Chubb and Basham on the outside.

Suh? No thanks; Ballard said he wants leaders in the locker room as free agents and Suh is not one of them.

Poe? Yes please but not at the expense of not signing Norwell, Solder, Malcolm Butler or at least 2 veteran linebackers to start alongside Simon.

Walk Worthy,

Dam8610
03-08-2018, 01:12 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2763193-ndamukong-suh-rumors-dolphins-considering-releasing-dt.amp.html

Dammys love fest may start again

He's 31 and the Colts have a GM that builds a team the right way now, so the likelihood of that happening is low. That said, if he does become available, he'll be much cheaper than 3 years ago, and he appears to still be performing at an elite level. I'd rather spend on a player like that than overpay an average player.

1965southpaw
03-08-2018, 03:11 PM
He's 31 and the Colts have a GM that builds a team the right way now, so the likelihood of that happening is low. That said, if he does become available, he'll be much cheaper than 3 years ago, and he appears to still be performing at an elite level. I'd rather spend on a player like that than overpay an average player.

The last couple of articles I have read on Suh suggests he's all about the money AND the tax rates (income) where he plays. There are few places as tax favorable as Florida and I don't see him targeting Indy even if Ballard wants him (which I think is unlikely). Sure the cost of living in Indy is low but there is an income tax. I'd see him targeting somewhere like Arizona.......

Dam8610
03-08-2018, 04:08 PM
The last couple of articles I have read on Suh suggests he's all about the money AND the tax rates (income) where he plays. There are few places as tax favorable as Florida and I don't see him targeting Indy even if Ballard wants him (which I think is unlikely). Sure the cost of living in Indy is low but there is an income tax. I'd see him targeting somewhere like Arizona.......

I would think based on that his targets would be Seattle, Tennessee, Tampa, Jacksonville, Houston, and Dallas. Maybe the Raiders if they get the okay to move to Las Vegas.

1965southpaw
03-08-2018, 04:37 PM
I would think based on that his targets would be Seattle, Tennessee, Tampa, Jacksonville, Houston, and Dallas. Maybe the Raiders if they get the okay to move to Las Vegas.

I didn't realize that Washington state pays no income tax! Given that Seattle is rebuilding their defense I could see him as a key piece in the rebuild.

omahacolt
03-08-2018, 07:57 PM
i would love to have suh on the colts

and pff sucks

rcubed
03-09-2018, 01:50 AM
i would love to have suh on the colts

and pff sucks
even for a huge paycheck?

omahacolt
03-09-2018, 06:39 AM
even for a huge paycheck?

He is 31. How much is he going to actually get?

DrSpaceman
03-09-2018, 02:55 PM
If Grigson was still running the team the Colts would be all over Suh.

Thank god he was fired.

Coltsalr
03-09-2018, 03:33 PM

Thank god he was fired.

Though signing Suh probably would’ve been one of his best moves he would’ve made.

Grading on quite the curve, I’m aware.

1965southpaw
03-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Though signing Suh probably would’ve been one of his best moves he would’ve made.

Grading on quite the curve, I’m aware.

I heard a datapoint this week that again underscores how crappy our roster was. In the 6 year Grigson/Pagano tenure the Colts only franchise tagged one player.......Pat McAffee. How bad is it that the only player worth tagging in 6 years is the fucking punter. SMH

rcubed
03-09-2018, 05:38 PM
I heard a datapoint this week that again underscores how crappy our roster was. In the 6 year Grigson/Pagano tenure the Colts only franchise tagged one player.......Pat McAffee. How bad is it that the only player worth tagging in 6 years is the fucking punter. SMH
Another is if mewhort and moncrief are not retained then we have 0 players from the 2013-2014 drafts. Again, bad drafting.

Brylok
03-09-2018, 05:50 PM
Another is if mewhort and moncrief are not retained then we have 0 players from the 2013-2014 drafts. Again, bad drafting.

I think under that scenario Luck and TY would be the only 2 left on the roster from 2012-2014. Kevin Bowen I think said that.

Maniac
03-09-2018, 06:44 PM
I think Grigson was lost after Telesco left for San Diego.

Racehorse
03-09-2018, 06:55 PM

Franchise tagging is not a good indicator.

Puck
03-09-2018, 07:48 PM

Thank god he was fired.

He didnt go after him last time so not sure what you mean here

Dam8610
03-09-2018, 07:49 PM

He was an in his prime elite defender at that time. Grigson never went after those. He chased bargains and character concerns.

YDFL Commish
03-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Thank god he was fired.

Here is one of my biggest problems with Grigson:

"So I grabbed him. I told a couple of guys not to let him leave the building. I called his agent back and we closed the deal. It's not time to play hardball when you have a pass rusher walking out your door -- let alone when it's 'The Hunter.' I just wasn't letting him leave, no matter what. And we go from one minute of despair and potential loss to closing the deal, and everyone's hugging, including you and the player."

Who's he talking about? A washed up Trent Cole. No doubt in my mind that Grigson didn't listen to his pro scouts on this one and totally made his decision on emotion and past familiarity.

DrSpaceman
03-09-2018, 10:19 PM

He is over 30 now and past his prime, so perfect for Grigson's vision of Free agency

Coltsalr
03-12-2018, 10:30 AM
Jeff Darlington
The plan is for Ndamukong Suh to be released as early as today as the Dolphins continue their attempt at a culture change – a plan that has purged arguably Miami’s three most talented players within last year. A lot riding on 2018.