PDA

View Full Version : Frank Gore gone

dwilli57
02-28-2018, 09:07 PM
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/02/28/doyel-cant-believe-colts-dont-see-value-frank-go-if-colts-cared-their-locker-room-culture-theyd-re-s/377362002/

I'm ok with this. I think a big change in personel is needed. Really like him but it's time to move on.

Racehorse
02-28-2018, 09:19 PM
Doyel is a moron

omahacolt
02-28-2018, 09:28 PM
Gore is a badass

Time to move on though. We all know this

Indiana V2
02-28-2018, 09:36 PM
I liked Gore, and would love to have him back, but I understand going younger, too.

ChoppedWood
02-28-2018, 10:24 PM
Fucking great leader by example, shame we couldn't get him that title he clearly came here for- and to see him go out and grind it hard regardless, testimony to his character and true love of the game.

Puck
02-28-2018, 10:26 PM
This is BS. Gore should be back

YDFL Commish
02-28-2018, 10:35 PM
This is BS. Gore should be back

No he shouldn't.

Butter
03-01-2018, 12:19 AM
We have enough cap space if he really wants to be here and willing to take a reduced role I would not mind him being resigned. In general, I am OK with this.

albany ed
03-01-2018, 08:25 AM
Could this mean the Colts are after Barkley?

FatDT
03-01-2018, 08:45 AM
Maybe. Could also mean they like several RBs in this class and think they can get one of them. It's supposed to be a deep class this year.

HoosierinFL
03-01-2018, 09:30 AM
Maybe. Could also mean they like several RBs in this class and think they can get one of them. It's supposed to be a deep class this year.

Yea, as good as he is, there are a lot of options out there better than Gore at this point. I hope he gets signed somewhere though

Maniac
03-01-2018, 10:24 AM

I think this is it more than a tell about Barkley. Ballard even said this is a very deep RB class and there will be quality backs there in the 4th-6th rounds still. They have a lot of options, so that's great.

Gore has been solid, but it's time to get younger and start building the core for the future.

testcase448
03-01-2018, 12:10 PM
OR...

2018 Colts Possible Free Agent Targets: Running Back Isaiah Crowell
by Andrew Ites 4 days ago Follow @sportswithjim (https://horseshoeheroes.com/2018/02/24/2018-colts-possible-free-agent-targets-running-back-isaiah-crowell/)

The Colts may be looking to bolster the running back position in free agency, and Isaiah Crowell is one of the best backs available.

Or Blount from the Eagles...

Maniac
03-01-2018, 12:56 PM
OR...

by Andrew Ites 4 days ago Follow @sportswithjim (https://horseshoeheroes.com/2018/02/24/2018-colts-possible-free-agent-targets-running-back-isaiah-crowell/)

The Colts may be looking to bolster the running back position in free agency, and Isaiah Crowell is one of the best backs available.

No thx.

Hoopsdoc
03-01-2018, 10:41 PM
OR...

No to Blount. Irsay doesn’t like sharing his weed.

testcase448
03-02-2018, 03:23 PM
No to Blount. Irsay doesn’t like sharing his weed.

damn bogart

jasperhobbs
03-03-2018, 06:22 PM
The talk is the colts are not interested in re signing Gore but how do we know Gore was even interested in staying with the colts. I would think he would want to go to a contender.

Maniac
03-03-2018, 06:56 PM
The talk is the colts are not interested in re signing Gore but how do we know Gore was even interested in staying with the colts. I would think he would want to go to a contender.

Does it matter which side isn't interested? The end result is the same.

DrSpaceman
03-03-2018, 08:20 PM
OR...

I would not be impressed with Isaiah Crowell as a signing.

And Blount is more of a power back like Turbin, who I like a lot in short yardage assuming he is back from injury.

I don't want to draft Barkely and I am fine with Gore being gone. You can't go into a season thinking a 34 year old RB is going to be your primary guy. It was risky doing it the last two years.

But Isaiah Crowell as a signing doesn't do much for the position even if he is one of the best available free agents. If he is signed, I would still want to see someone drafted in the later rounds in addition to Mack, who I think is good but is more of a 3rd down/change up back, and Turbin for short yardage

YDFL Commish
03-03-2018, 09:06 PM
I would not be impressed with Isaiah Crowell as a signing.

And Blount is more of a power back like Turbin, who I like a lot in short yardage assuming he is back from injury.

I don't want to draft Barkely and I am fine with Gore being gone. You can't go into a season thinking a 34 year old RB is going to be your primary guy. It was risky doing it the last two years.

But Isaiah Crowell as a signing doesn't do much for the position even if he is one of the best available free agents. If he is signed, I would still want to see someone drafted in the later rounds in addition to Mack, who I think is good but is more of a 3rd down/change up back, and Turbin for short yardage
We don't need more grind it out backs. We need backs that can make people miss and take it to the house.

Butter
03-03-2018, 09:09 PM
We don't need more grind it out backs. We need backs that can make people miss and take it to the house.

Gore is gone, Matt Jones is??, and Turbin is coming off injury. With a healthy Luck the pass O and Mack are the take it to the house. We need a run game that keep the D off the field and fresh.