PDA

View Full Version : Scouting Reports

Dam8610
02-24-2018, 04:34 PM
I've decided that I'm going to post scouting reports of the draft prospects I watch video on. If you don't care or don't want to read it, now is a great time to go to another thread. I'm only going to be doing players I watch and only as I have time. If I put player comps, they are based on upside of the player (90th or greater percentile development outcome). If there are requests, I will try to do those. I will also try to post one on each player the Colts actually draft between the draft and the start of training camp (though that may not be possible depending on the amount of film available on each player). Without further ado:

Bradley Chubb DE/OLB NCSU

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/605/681/7681605.jpg

Strengths: Can take over and dominate a game defensively, effectively neutralizing aspects of an opposing offense (see: @ FSU 2017). Strong at the point of attack and rarely gives ground. Plays assignments well and can be highly effective against the run, at times generating tackles for loss or forcing the runner into a negative play. Relentless, high motor player who does not give up on plays. Often see him chasing a runner down coming from opposite of play side of formation. Bends the edge well and has the explosion off the line to get to and around the tackle's outside shoulder. Pass rush technique is already highly developed with excellent swim and rip moves and handfighting skills. Also often sets up tackles who are trying to quickly jump outside to prevent him from bending the edge by crossing them up and getting by on the inside shoulder to create a more direct route to the QB, which is to me his most effective (signature?) pass rush maneuver. Executes stunts well and can offer interior pass rush pressure in this way, rarely having any issue beating interior lineman at the point of attack. Could potentially be effective as the UT in a obvious passing down 3 DE rush set.

Weaknesses: While not a liability in space, is not very fluid and should not be asked to drop into coverage often. Does not get hands up in pass game when effectively blocked. Quicker tackles in NFL may be more effective against him. Lacks elite speed and will not be able to run down the most athletic QBs and RBs when they reach their top gear. Can disappear for stretches, especially when offensive gameplan focuses on neutralizing him with chips, doubles, etc. Bull rush is not as developed as other pass rush moves, and he could learn new moves and better leverage techniques to be more effective as a rusher.

Other: Overall profile seems best suited to 4-3 DE, but could transition to 3-4 DE if necessary. Does not seem suited for 3-4 OLB position, but could be effective there if necessary.

Player Comparison: Jared Allen

Dam8610
02-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Marcus Davenport DE/OLB UTSA

https://i2.wp.com/www.forgotten5.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Davenport340.jpg?fit=340%2C280

Strengths: Possesses rare combination of size, speed, and athleticism for the position. Strong and violent at the point of attack and uses length and size to set the edge against the run. Quick-twitch athlete who uses speed and explosion to get around the tackle's outside shoulder when rushing the passer, and has the athleticism to bend the edge. Gets hands up in the passing game when effectively blocked. Relentless, high motor player who will make plays in pursuit and can catch runners from behind. Plays very well in space, possesses the speed to make plays from sideline to sideline, and can run with and cover backs, tight ends, and some receivers. Combines strength and speed to create an effective bull rush move.

Weaknesses: Needs to learn how to use his hands better as a pass rusher and how to play with better leverage. Plays too high often and allows himself to get blocked too easily. Currently has two pass rush moves: edge rush and bull rush. Needs a good DL/LB coach who can teach him an array of rush moves to become effective in the NFL. Can be neutralized at times with chip blocks or even on single blocks. Can be moved against the run at times. Level of competition will be a large jump for him, may take time to adjust to NFL.

Other: Classic boom or bust prospect. Has size and athleticism to play 3-4 OLB, likely his best position in the NFL. Could also be effective in the NFL as a 4-3 DE.

Player Comparison: Khalil Mack

Puck
02-25-2018, 12:05 AM
Good work Dam

Dam8610
02-25-2018, 12:43 AM
Good work Dam

Thanks. As a reminder, I am taking requests, but if I don't get any, I will probably continue to work through DL and edge rushers.

GoBigBlue88
02-25-2018, 12:57 AM
I'm interested in opinions on Jamarco Jones. Intrigues me as an OL prospect who could be there at top of 2nd, and who could possibly be the answer to IND's long-standing RT problem.

smitty46953
02-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Your best work Dammy !!! :cool:

I want to trade back a few spots if possible and grab Quenton Nelson of Notre Dame :cool:

Dam8610
02-25-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm interested in opinions on Jamarco Jones. Intrigues me as an OL prospect who could be there at top of 2nd, and who could possibly be the answer to IND's long-standing RT problem.

Jamarco Jones OT OSU

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/108/724/14_7724108.jpg

Strengths: Massive player who clearly has the body of an NFL lineman. Strong, violent road grader who will move people in the run game, knows how to block his man out of the play, and excels at getting to the second level. Shows athleticism in the run game, working effectively in space and showing good pull ability. Intelligent technician who will rarely be fooled by blitzes and effectively switches blocks on stunts and twists. When he squares a block and locks on to his man, he wins. Excellent inline blocker. Bull rushes do not work against him, size and strength neutralize instantly.

Weaknesses: Does not have the footwork for LT despite obvious athleticism. Has trouble against speed rushers and edge rushes. Struggles to force edge rushers to run the arc. Plays too high and would be more effective as a pass blocker with a lower stance to help convert size to power. Pass rush moves and handfighting will beat him as a pass blocker, needs to learn technique to counter this.

Other: May be best suited to OG in NFL. RT only if OT, and will need to improve footwork and pass blocking to stick.

Player Comparison: Nate Solder

omahacolt
02-25-2018, 07:54 PM

I want to trade back a few spots if possible and grab Quenton Nelson of Notre Dame :cool:

No to a guard that early

FatDT
02-25-2018, 08:43 PM
It is nice to have a Dam thread without coaching talk.

I'm interested in the 4-3 LBs. Roquan Smith, Rashaan Evans, Tremaine Edwards, Malik Jefferson, Leighton Vander Esch, Darius Leonard. That is a lot of prospects so if you're up for it I think a simplified review and then a specific look at fit for this defense would be helpful. I mean if you want to write up all of them feel free but that's a lot of watching.

smitty46953
02-26-2018, 12:37 AM
No to a guard that early

I mentioned trade back Chubb or Barkley if we pick 3rd :cool: Nah, gotta protect the QB Quenton Nelson here for me !!!

omahacolt
02-26-2018, 08:52 AM
I mentioned trade back Chubb or Barkley if we pick 3rd :cool:Nah, gotta protect the QB Quenton Nelson here for me !!!

We can get a guard later. We need a pass rush and if there is a chance we get the best one in the draft, then do it.

Dam8610
02-26-2018, 11:36 PM

Quenton Nelson OG ND

https://d3d2maoophos6y.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2017/07/25043839/CGV_1001161031_Syracuse_Notre_Dame.jpg

Strengths: Excellent size for the position and displays excellent strength in game situations. Road grader who quickly resets the line of scrimmage in the run game as an inline blocker. Displays excellent athleticism on designed pulls and is highly effective in space at creating second level blocks and breaking open running lanes in the run game. Rarely gives ground when pass blocking. Intelligent as a pass blocker, rarely fooled by blitzes and easily passes off blocks, switches assignments with ease when necessary, and looks for a player to block when one isn't readily presented. Good technician who will maintain good blocks through hand chops, rips, and other handfighting by opposing DLs. Effective as a second level blocker in the screen game and knows how to time moving to block the screen correctly. Consistency could be most impressive aspect of his game, he rarely has a bad play and is a high effort player who doesn't take plays off.

Weaknesses: Occasionally misses assignments when pulling or blocking in space. Occasionally plays too high and allows himself to be driven back by an effective bull rush or by a strong DT who wins the leverage battle. Can be overzealous in chasing down blocks at times, going as far as crossing the formation to try to block incoming edge blitzers, and this has at times allowed pressure to come from the gap he vacated. Could improve footwork.

Other: "Safe Bet" prospect, likely to be high quality starting OG in NFL.

Player Comparison: Kevin Zeitler

sherck
02-27-2018, 07:27 AM
Lots of CBs on the market that are CB1 material whom are "only" going to cost cap space going forward.

Peters has undeniable skills; he also has undeniable off field issues. If Ballard passed, I will put my trust in him since he knows him so well.

Walk Worthy,

YDFL Commish
02-27-2018, 08:56 PM
Maybe you're getting better at this Dammy.

Certainly better than when you wanted this guy as our 1st rd draft pick a few years ago:

http://prod.static.saints.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/NO/photos/persons/2016_player_cards/PlayerCard16_hauoli-kikaha.jpg

Dam8610
02-27-2018, 09:45 PM
Roquan Smith LB UGA

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/aaa252dbcb8d244a66ba49a76df92b34c891fcc3/c=1815-242-3847-2951&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2017/12/29/USATODAY/USATODAY/636501585879657205-SW-ROQUAN-SMITH-95583443.JPG

Strengths: Plays very fast and can close on the ball or ballcarrier in a hurry. Excellent in coverage. Highly effective in short zones and spy assignments. Can also run with receivers and tight ends deep downfield and make plays in coverage. Very fluid in space and has sideline to sideline range. Reacts very quickly after diagnosing the play and usually puts himself in good position as a result. Closes quickly in the run game and does not allow ballcarriers to get around him to the outside. Aggressive and violent when making contact, often ending plays quickly. Excellent blitzer, especially from A gap position, knows how to time well and how to attack empty lanes to get pressure on the QB.

Weaknesses: Struggles to shed blocks, at times in costly ways in the run game. Occasionally misdiagnoses a play and puts himself in a bad spot. Can be overaggressive in pursuit at times, causing him to run himself out of a play or miss a tackle. Needs to be a better wrap up tackler, misses tackles occasionally going for the big hit.

Other: Has the skillset for 4-3 MLB, 4-3 WLB, or 3-4 ILB at the next level.

Player Comparison: Brian Urlacher

Dam8610
02-27-2018, 09:52 PM
Maybe you're getting better at this Dammy.

Certainly better than when you wanted this guy as our 1st rd draft pick a few years ago:

http://prod.static.saints.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/NO/photos/persons/2016_player_cards/PlayerCard16_hauoli-kikaha.jpg

As I recall Landon Collins was my first choice for that pick, and I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this board that backs me up on that. That said, Kikaha had a pretty good rookie campaign before tearing his ACL, and has been far more productive of a pick than Philip Dorsett.

I also think after that last scouting report is a great time to say again that the player comparisons represent best case scenarios for each player. A more likely high end scenario for Roquan Smith is Deone Buchanon or Donnie Edwards, but if he really buiks up, keeps his speed, and learns how to shed a block the coverage skills and blitzing skills work for it.

Racehorse
02-28-2018, 07:59 AM
As I recall Landon Collins was my first choice for that pick, and I'm pretty sure there's a thread on this board that backs me up on that. That said, Kikaha had a pretty good rookie campaign before tearing his ACL, and has been far more productive of a pick than Philip Dorsett.

I also think after that last scouting report is a great time to say again that the player comparisons represent best case scenarios for each player. A more likely high end scenario for Roquan Smith is Deone Buchanon or Donnie Edwards, but if he really buiks up, keeps his speed, and learns how to shed a block the coverage skills and blitzing skills work for it.

You really CAN"t admit it when wrong, can you? Omaha is right about you. Your dick must be microscopic. I feel sorry for Mrs. Dam.

HoosierinFL
02-28-2018, 11:38 AM
Kollman has a new film room episode on Quenton Nelson:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI5RXX3i9i4

Also, here's the one where he says the Colts should draft Barkley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7dtDoZv3Oc&t=2s

omahacolt
02-28-2018, 05:23 PM
You really CAN"t admit it when wrong, can you? Omaha is right about you. Your dick must be microscopic. I feel sorry for Mrs. Dam.

1) he is seriously still a virgin. There is no mrs. dam.

2). He has always lacked integrity. Damold has the same personality traits as the person he claims to dislike. I have no idea how people like Damold look at themselves in the mirror on a daily basis.

YDFL Commish
02-28-2018, 07:29 PM

Name one person on this board that thought that recommended Phillip Dorsett as our 1st rd. pick. There aren't any.

You however lobbied greatly for Kikaha, and you can't deny that.

Dam8610
03-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Rashaan Evans LB UA

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQn5OA9QZDx6QtMbWLli4dX1smEooMm6 X30-cXHhumKg3ybBjIk

Strengths: Quick to fill against the run and shows ability to shed blocks and hold at the point of attack. Quickly diagnoses plays and reacts both as a run defender and in coverage, usually putting himself in good position to make a play. Has the ability to make plays from sideline to sideline. Was asked to rush the passer from the OLB position on occasion and showed some skill at it. Excels in zone coverage, especially in the flats and short-medium range over the middle, where he acts as enforcer and caused several receivers to drop passes under threat of the big hit. High effort player who will not quit on plays. Usually around the ball and makes tons of plays around the line of scrimmage. Usually a sound tackler with good wrap up fundamentals. Good timing and gap usage as a blitzer.

Weaknesses: Relies on play diagnosis to expand range and can be beat by speed. Is overaggressive against the run at times, will overpursue his gap and allow a cutback lane at times and bites hard on playaction at times. Mostly ineffective in man coverage and deep coverage. On the occasions he misses tackles, it is because he overruns the ballcarrier or goes for the big body blow.

Other: Likely best suited to 4-3 SLB in the NFL, but 4-3 MLB and 3-4 ILB are good options as well.

Player Comparison: Bobby Wagner

Dam8610
03-01-2018, 11:37 PM
Name one person on this board that thought that recommended Phillip Dorsett as our 1st rd. pick. There aren't any.

You however lobbied greatly for Kikaha, and you can't deny that.

I will openly admit that I thought Kikaha was the most developed and NFL ready pass rusher in that draft outside of Shane Ray. Unfortunately, he has been the victim of injury and hasn't really gotten much of a chance to develop.

That said, the archived board actually had a thread where everyone posted who they'd pick with the Colts first pick in that draft. I listed Landon Collins, Damarious Randall, and Eddie Goldman as options. Puck, Smitty, or anyone with access to that archive can confirm. I did like Kikaha as an option, but only in a trade down scenario.

Dam8610
03-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Tremaine Edmunds LB VT

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/roanoke.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/49/d49c2f66-abe4-5989-8268-cd2f772d268f/5a35bb03ad862.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C880

Strengths: Very stout against the run. Diagnoses the play quickly and puts himself in good position to succeed. Fights off and evades blocks with ease, finding his way to the intended running lane and finishing violently or forcing the runner to change direction. In the box enforcer who also has the range to cover the flats. High effort player who doesn't take plays off. Flashes some skill as an edge rusher and also times inside blitzes well. Great fundamentals on tackling, wraps up, finishes, and rarely misses a tackle.

Weaknesses: Does not have great range and is too slow to make many plays from behind. Struggles in all variations of coverage except for short zone. Aggressiveness against the run causes him to bite hard on playaction, leaving his coverage responsibility open on such plays. May struggle to keep up with athleticism at the next level.

Other: Classic "thumper" 3-4 ILB in the NFL. Could also play 4-3 SLB.

Player Comparison: Dont'a Hightower

Dam8610
03-05-2018, 01:35 AM
Malik Jefferson LB UT

https://images.hookem.com/6CzQiCgRl-UqK_D-umPklIc4xL0=/fit-in/750x0/www.hookem.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/SSS-UT-Oklahoma3773.jpg

Strengths: Flies around the field and displays sideline to sideline playmaking range. Makes a ton of plays in the box and behind the line of scrimmage. Quick to diagnose plays and typically puts himself in good position to make a play. Sheds and fights off blocks with ease and typically gets to ballcarriers and finishes plays quickly. Displays an ability to time blitzes and get through gaps as both a run defender and pass rushers, and is a violent finisher when he gets into the backfield. Excels in coverage, running with tight ends and running backs in man coverage and following his responsibilities well in all levels of zone coverage. Punishes receivers over the middle and rarely are balls thrown in his direction.

Weaknesses: Aggressiveness in pursuit causes him to occasionally overrun plays and open running lanes or miss tackles against more agile running backs. Takes bad angles occasionally in pursuit which he can usually cover with athleticism. Occasionally misses on blitzes when he should have the QB dead to rights. Sometimes slow to recognize playaction and screens.

Other: Ideal 4-3 MLB or 3-4 ILB in the NFL.

Player Comparison: Patrick Willis

Dam8610
03-06-2018, 10:37 PM
Leighton Vander Esch LB BSU

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/IIOozg8geIsCEysC-yfYa-gmDDQ=/0x0:3000x2059/1200x800/filters:focal(854x533:1334x1013)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/58038993/893950486.jpg.0.jpg

Strengths: Prototypical build for the LB position with speed to match the modern requirements of the position. Has the range to make plays from sideline to sideline and played his best against Oregon's spread offense. Diagnoses the play quickly and attacks his responsibility. Gets downhill in a hurry against the run and is capable of fighting through blocks to make a play. Good in coverage, has the speed to run with backs and right ends in man and usually covers his responsibilities well in all levels of zone. Times blitzes well and uses his athleticism to get through the gaps and make plays.
Wrap up tackler who finishes with strong technique and does not miss tackles by going for the big hit. Relentless motor and does not quit on plays, recovers to finish plays most would give up on.

Weaknesses: Occasionally struggled in medium-deep zone coverage. Can run himself out of a play at times by overcommitting to pursuit. Missed some tackles by not maintaining good enough balance and allowing the runner to run through his tackle. Sometimes allows blockers to lock on and take him out of plays.

Other: Ideal 4-3 MLB or 3-4 ILB in the NFL

Player Comparison: Luke Kuechly

Dam8610
03-12-2018, 08:11 AM
Shaquem Griffin LB UCF

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/qpivb6/picture203607884/alternates/FREE_1140/Shaquem%20Griffin(2)

Strengths: Strong at the point of attack and willing to take on and beat blocks to make plays. Displays sideline to sideline range and playmaking ability. Was effective in short and medium zone and man coverage, and has the ability to run with receivers as well as backs and tight ends. Was asked to play 3-4 OLB in college, and displayed some ability as a pass rusher, including a developed spin move and a better than expected ability to bend the edge. Best quality as a player is probably his relentless motor, will not quit on plays and makes plays you wouldn't expect because of it.

Weaknesses: Undersized for an NFL LB and will not be able to play on the edge consistently because of it. Does not have a left hand, making coverage and catching the ball more difficult for him, as well as sometimes causing difficulties wrapping up and finishing tackles on film. Level of competition will be a huge jump and could cause difficulties.

Other: Very versatile player who could be used in a wide variety of roles by a creative defensive coordinator in the NFL, but ultimately will settle in best as a 4-3 WLB.

Player Comparison: Adalius Thomas

Dam8610
03-13-2018, 11:18 AM
Rasheem Green DL USC

http://www.latimes.com/resizer/RfA8CWiseb7RuTg5-uqv92uNo6g=/1400x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-tronc.s3.amazonaws.com/public/HHEDZGBAXZFIXF5HQGFMO4ED7Q.jpg

Strengths: Strong at the point of attack and rarely loses ground initially. Tracks the ball well and moves quickly to play side to close running lanes. Has a good first step and violent hand punch that keeps offensive linemen from locking on to him and allows him to penetrate gaps and make plays in the backfield. Often drew blocking attention, frequently doubled and chipped. Used good handfighting and rudimentary pass rush moves to show effectiveness at bending the edge and being an effective outside rusher. Gets his hands up when blocked as a rusher and is able to deflect passes when he can't reach the QB. Produced at a high level in college, but is still young and has a great deal of potential to grow and get better.

Weaknesses: Plays too high at times and can be moved off his spot when he does. Tries to go too low at times and gets blocked down by guards inside. Needs to be more consistent. Currently is a bit of a twenner, though athleticism should be enough for DE.

Other: Boom or bust type. Best suited to 4-3 DE or 3-4 DE in the NFL, but could move to 4-3 DT if needed.

Player Comparison: Cameron Jordan

Dam8610
03-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Lorenzo Carter LB UGA

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa8sWsd3FhMEacKvyCjNNNxbzWh3PSB SEXvbRAz6H3gEUdC_cD

Strengths: Strong at the point of attack and capable of fighting through blocks to make plays. Plays his assignments well, rarely allows a running lane to develop in his gap, and sets the edge well. Has sideline to sideline range and playmaking ability. Is solid in coverage, has the ability to mirror tight ends and backs in man and plays his assignment well in zone. Uses good handfighting and converts speed to power to keep blockers off of him and make plays near the line of scrimmage or apply pressure to the QB. High effort player who doesn't take plays off and will make plays in pursuit.

Weaknesses: Isn't effective at bending the edge, and is beat if his first move doesn't work. Needs to learn pass rush moves to go with his athleticism to become an effective pass rusher. Plays too high at times and allows himself to get blocked out of the play. Needs to wrap up more consistently as a tackler. Occasionally takes bad angles in pursuit and doesn't put himself in good position to make a play.

Other: Could play 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB, or 4-3 SLB effectively in the NFL.

Player Comparison: Justin Houston

Puck
03-13-2018, 08:20 PM
How about Will Hernandez. OG. Utep

omahacolt
03-13-2018, 08:38 PM

Trump is trying to deport him. Risky draft pick

Dam8610
03-13-2018, 08:39 PM
Trump is trying to deport him. Risky draft pick

NFL teams have sway to get visas.

Dam8610
03-24-2018, 07:55 PM

OG Will Hernandez UTEP

http://image.newyorkupstate.com/home/nyup-media/width600/img/buffalo-bills/photo/2018/01/25/will-hernandezmarquise-overton-0fefed911c90eb50.jpg

Strengths: Displays excellent size and strength for the position. Road grader who locks on and resets the line of scrimmage in the run game. Displays excellent athleticism on designed pulls and creates lanes for runners when getting to the second level. Uses size, strength, and leverage to make himself an effective pass blocker. Mirrors pass rush moves well and uses good footwork to keep rusher in front of him. Passes off blocks and switches assignments well, maintaining effectiveness as a blocker. High effort player who doesn't take plays off and looks for blocks.

Weaknesses: Plays at a nearly standing level which will allow opposing DTs to get under and move him at the next level. Needs to bend knees more and play lower. Relies heavily on size and strength to win and will need better technique at the next level. Places hands outside too often which will lead to holding calls at the next level, needs to get hands inside to maximize leverage and strength.

Other: Classic "Boom or Bust" prospect. Good OL coach could make him All-Pro.

Player Comparison: Ben Grubbs

Puck
03-25-2018, 10:12 AM
Wow. Isn't he the #2 ranked guard? That is a giant drop off from Nelson

What about Billy Price?

FatDT
03-25-2018, 11:21 AM

What about Billy Price?

College coaches don't prepare OL for shit anymore.

Dam8610
03-25-2018, 04:29 PM

What about Billy Price?

Only because of his immense potential. He could be a stone wall with the right OL coach because his size, strength and athleticism are hard to find. If you're looking for more of a sure thing, Isaiah Wynn is the better bet.

Puck
03-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Only because of his immense potential. He could be a stone wall with the right OL coach because his size, strength and athleticism are hard to find. If you're looking for more of a sure thing, Isaiah Wynn is the better bet.

Any Thoughts on our new Oline coach? Could he coach him up?

Chromeburn
03-27-2018, 09:51 AM

Word on Hernandez is that his wonderlic was really low. So low that teams are questioning whether he could absorb an nfl offense. So he should drop into the second.

Dam8610
03-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Word on Hernandez is that his wonderlic was really low. So low that teams are questioning whether he could absorb an nfl offense. So he should drop into the second.

It's not like he's a QB, he doesn't need to know the whole offense, just his role on a play. Learning technique is going to be a lot more important for him. He plays from a near standing position. Someone is going to have to teach him how to get low and use his strength more effectively rather than to just not get driven back.

Chromeburn
03-27-2018, 11:10 AM
It's not like he's a QB, he doesn't need to know the whole offense, just his role on a play. Learning technique is going to be a lot more important for him. He plays from a near standing position. Someone is going to have to teach him how to get low and use his strength more effectively rather than to just not get driven back.

But he does Dam, he needs to know what he and the rest of the line is doing every play. He doesn't have to put a WR in position or send a TE in motion, but an offensive line needs to know their part and their line-mate's part. Who is pulling, who has gap responsibility, where to apply help. If he is a dumbass, that makes things a lot harder, especially in an uptempo offense with no huddle.

His level of technique is a wholly different situation, and that is mostly up to them to work on in the off season since weekly practice is essentially gameplan installment at this point.

Now there can be a lot of different reason for his low score: he blew it off, he has a learning disability, some people just don't test well. But you go into that during the interview and followup interviews after the combine.

YDFL Commish
03-27-2018, 02:56 PM
Forget all this inconsequential shit. I just wanna know, hows his stance?

Dam8610
04-03-2018, 09:28 AM
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick UA

http://media-cdn.timesfreepress.com/img/photos/2017/08/31/1504229446_090117-Minkah-Fitzpatrick-1_t1070_h80c379d4ff0d7e111df9c2c83c04b36274ed5ac1. jpg

Strengths: Playmaker who displayed the ability to make plays all over the field at Alabama. Displays the ability to mirror receivers and can undercut receivers and run their route. Tracks the ball well in deep coverage and puts himself in good position to make a play on the ball. Uses his eyes to read the QB in coverage and can sometimes anticipate routes and throws as a result. Will punish a receiver going over the middle against him. Solid wrap up tackler who is very effective in run support and often blows up running plays and screens as an in the box defender. Length and athleticism is constantly on display as a playmaker on defense and special teams. High effort player who doesn't take plays off and will make plays in pursuit.

Weaknesses: Occasionally allows schemed picks to force a bad route and leave his man open in coverage instead of switching coverages with the other defender. Can be beaten in coverage occasionally, though he usually uses his athleticism to recover effectively. Does not time blitzes well and is not very effective as a blitzer. Will occasionally miss a tackle by going for the big hit. Gives too big of a cushion in coverage at times and gets beaten on quick throws when he does.

Other: Can play any secondary position, but will be most effective as a safety in the NFL.

Player Comparison: Eric Berry

Dam8610
04-06-2018, 03:30 PM
RB Saquon Barkley PSU

https://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/fan/image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsidelionreport.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F632093990-rose-bowl-game-presented-by-northwestern-mutual-usc-v-penn-state.jpg.jpg&w=850&h=560&c=sc

Strengths: Playmaker at RB who can gain chunk yardage or make a big play any time he's on the field. Uses superb vision and change of direction skills as a runner to find holes and create yardage other RBs can't. Has the power to pound the ball between the tackles and gain tough yardage when necessary. Can break tackles with both speed and power and will often gain an additional 3-5 yards on a run as a result. Homerun hitter who will take it to the house if he gets to the second level at full speed. Runs routes like a receiver, and can make a big impact in the passing game. Performs well as a blocker, recognizing and picking up free rushers and effectively blocking them. Does everything any NFL offense would ask of a RB well and can instantly plug in to an NFL offense as a starter and an every down back.

Weaknesses: Occasionally will take his eyes off the ball as a receiver and struggle to catch catchable passes. Sometimes tries to do too much and ends up taking a loss of yardage instead of just pounding the ball into the line for no gain. Sometimes tries to do too much to make defenders miss in the open field and trips himself up, costing him yardage at the end of the run.

Other: Will be an every down back and a starter from Day 1 barring injury.

Player Comparison: Walter Payton

Dam8610
05-04-2018, 11:31 AM
LB Darius Leonard SCSU

https://athlonsports.com/sites/athlonsports.com/files/styles/article_top_img/public/Darius%20Leonard%20SCSU%202016_0.jpg?itok=dbrN3g7w

Strengths: Has sideline to sideline range and speed. Quick to diagnose the play and typically puts himself in position to make the stop. Plays well in space, good open field tackler who does not allow ballcarriers to beat him to the edge. Wrap up tackler who punishes ballcarriers and receivers in the open field. Good in zone coverage and can make plays in short, medium, and deep zones. Shows proficiency as a blitzer, timing well and finding gaps in the OL to apply pressure and get to the QB. Has the speed to make plays from behind and does so often. High effort player who never gives up on a play.

Weaknesses: Occasionally struggles in man coverage, seems to lose track of his assignment. Struggles to fight off blocks and will be taken out of a play at times when a OL gets to him. Has used athleticism and speed at times to cover for poor angles taken to the ballcarrier. Level of competition is concerning, though he performed well against higher level competition.

Other: Colts plan to use Leonard as a 4-3 WILL.

Player Comparison: Derrick Brooks

smitty46953
05-04-2018, 04:31 PM

This guy's brilliant !!! :cool:

rcubed
05-04-2018, 05:20 PM
This guy's brilliant !!! :cool:
broken clock is right twice a day.

FatDT
05-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Even a fat old squirrel finds his nuts sometimes.