PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Peters

sherck
02-19-2018, 06:30 PM
Looks like he is on the trading block.

Has a sub-$2m cap hit for 2018 currently. Ballard obviously knows him.

Would you trade for him? We obviously need a veteran CB to lead the secondary. If you would trade for him, what would you give for him?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dam8610
02-19-2018, 06:46 PM

Would you trade for him? We obviously need a veteran CB to lead the secondary. If you would trade for him, what would you give for him?

Walk Worthy,

I'd be surprised if this team offered more than their 3 and 6 for him, and that would require Ballard signing off on the character risk. He's a good buy low candidate, because he was elite in his first two seasons and he'll only be 25 this season, but his production dropped precipitously in 2017. If the Chiefs feel that is reflective of his career moving forward, and the Colts feel his first two years are more reflective of his career moving forward, they might make a trade. Otherwise, keeping the draft pick(s) is likely the best option.

Puck
02-19-2018, 06:47 PM

Walk Worthy,

No.

YDFL Commish
02-19-2018, 07:21 PM
I don't see Ballard doing this when he's trying to get leaders in the locker room.

Mr. Session
02-19-2018, 08:09 PM
I don't see Ballard doing this when he's trying to get leaders in the locker room.

I don't think Peters is the type of guy Irsay wants in his locker room anyway so this is definitely a no go.

I like the talent, and it makes sense. Reminds me of the Vontae Davis trade, but I don't see it.

VeveJones007
02-19-2018, 09:44 PM
Ballard was instrumental in the Chiefs drafting Peters. That's the only reason why I think it might be a possibility.

Maniac
02-19-2018, 11:32 PM
Ballard was instrumental in the Chiefs drafting Peters. That's the only reason why I think it might be a possibility.

Ballard was instrumental in drafting Zach Banner too, but didn't seem too attached to him. Him being involved in drafting a guy doesn't mean he will always want that player or be attached to him.

testcase448
02-20-2018, 08:23 AM
Simple math

Is he better than what we have? YES

Is he better than what we could get with those picks? Most Likely

For a 4 and and 6th round you do it

FatDT
02-20-2018, 09:33 AM
Simple math

For that, yeah, I'd do it. For a 3rd, yeah probably. He has two years left on his rookie contract, one of which is a team option year. See if he can behave and fit in, and if so, give him an extension. If not, cut him. I would not give up a 2nd, no. But a 3rd, sure.

HoosierinFL
02-20-2018, 10:11 AM
I'll give 'em TJ Green and a 6th rounder.

VeveJones007
02-20-2018, 11:45 AM
Ballard was instrumental in drafting Zach Banner too, but didn't seem too attached to him. Him being involved in drafting a guy doesn't mean he will always want that player or be attached to him.

Sorry JC, but this is a poor comparison. Ballard went out to California and spent three days with Peters and his family before advising Dorsey to make Peters their pick in the 1st round.

Banner was a 4th round pick made before Ballard had his scouting operation up and running with the Colts. It's feasible that the scouts that advised Banner's selection are not even with the organization anymore.

GoBigBlue88
02-20-2018, 11:49 AM
I would only take him if the Colts move down from 3 (not saying they will or should; I think they should stay) and pick up some extra 2nd-3rd round capital.

Maniac
02-20-2018, 04:31 PM
Sorry JC, but this is a poor comparison. Ballard went out to California and spent three days with Peters and his family before advising Dorsey to make Peters their pick in the 1st round.

And the chiefs are looking to get rid of him already. My point was that just because Ballard was involved in the process doesn't mean he's somehow attached to this guy if he's still a problem after getting into the NFL. He may have advised them to give the kid a shot, but if he's trouble, I doubt Ballard is going to want him.

YDFL Commish
02-20-2018, 07:48 PM
And the chiefs are looking to get rid of him already. My point was that just because Ballard was involved in the process doesn't mean he's somehow attached to this guy if he's still a problem after getting into the NFL. He may have advised them to give the kid a shot, but if he's trouble, I doubt Ballard is going to want him.

Ditto.

Coltsalr
02-20-2018, 10:28 PM
I would only take him if the Colts move down from 3 (not saying they will or should; I think they should stay) and pick up some extra 2nd-3rd round capital.

I like the thought, but I have to imagine Peters might very well be dealt before the market for the #3 pick heats up in earnest.

I think the Chiefs would be wise to hold Peters until the draft to potentially maximize return but I could also see them dealing him sooner rather than later in order to get a clearer picture of their team headed into free agency.

VeveJones007
02-20-2018, 10:28 PM

And I completely agree with you. Nothing I said in either post contradicts anything you say here. I merely said that Ballard was instrumental in Peters being drafted by KC and it could indicate how he views the player in this situation.

Butter
02-20-2018, 10:53 PM
Simple math

Hell yes for that, no fucking way they do it for that. Is there anything more than idle speculation they even are all that motivated to move him?

testcase448
02-21-2018, 01:43 PM
I'll give 'em TJ Green and a 6th rounder.

You'd have to give them a couple 1st rounders too if you throw Green in the mix

Coltsalr
02-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Rams gave up a 2018 4th founder and a 2019 2nd rounder.

I don’t know, I feel like I would’ve done this...

Butter
02-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Rams gave up a 2018 4th founder and a 2019 2nd rounder.

I don’t know, I feel like I would’ve done this...

Yes, but Ballad knows him and it sounds like he had no interest. There is something really hinky there.

Coltsalr
02-26-2018, 09:04 PM
Yes, but Ballad knows him and it sounds like he had no interest. There is something really hinky there.

Dorsey also knows him/drafted him and apparently had no interest either.

Yeah, I like the theory that there’s something there.