PDA

View Full Version : Reich “The Favorite”

Coltsalr
02-11-2018, 02:15 PM
@adamschefter
Frank Reich has emerged as the favorite to become the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, who are hoping to hire the Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator once they have negotiated a signed, sealed and delivered contract, per @mortreport and me.

Normally I’d mark this down, but I think all of us now are going to wait and see on this one...

omahacolt
02-11-2018, 02:25 PM
No chance he backs out like your boy

Hoopsdoc
02-11-2018, 03:50 PM
I said before I wasn’t excited about Reich but Phillys success with Foles has brought me round. This dude deserves a shot.

Spike
02-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Eagle fans pissed at McDaniels too. None of them are too happy to lose Reich.

Here's a couple of comments from 2 of them.

Josh McDaniels showed exactly what kind of man he is
…and that’s not a man at all. No value in his word and he’s a fucking coward but I don’t hear Pats fans complaining. Reich was a stud for us and I wish him the best, I’m sure he’ll be a man of his word. I’m sure he won’t have coaches relocate their lives and tell them two hours before reupping on their current deal…McDaniels has me heated he’s a little bitch and isn’t worthy of being HC. Fucking scumbag Pats…diseased organization diseased fans I want to keep embarrassing them. They’re public enemy #1 cause the Cowjokes ain’t relevant

Can't wait to root for Reich's Colts to destroy the Pats
Going to be a fun AFC rivalry to watch for years. Or until Brady retires and exposes McD as a clown.

daedge
02-11-2018, 04:17 PM
Via Mike Garafolo - Frank Reich will be the Colts’ new coach. Five-year deal with the team has been agreed to and about to be finalized, source says. @espn reported earlier he was the fave.

falloutboy14
02-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Maybe sign the papers before we officially announce it.

daedge
02-11-2018, 04:39 PM

He's no Patriot fucker.

Spike
02-11-2018, 04:42 PM

I don't think there is any doubt it's announced after the papers are signed. Although I don't think there are a lot of low life bitches like McDaniels, Ballard will wait.

Lov2fish
02-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Local news has confirm Reich is the new head coach in Indy.

Coltsalr
02-11-2018, 05:27 PM
Offense first in our next HC is what I wanted, so I’m satisfied in that regard.

Just hoping he’s not another Pagano where he’s light on experience but high on popularity amongst his players. Need a guy that’s going to have this team ready to play week-in and week-out.

He didn’t call plays in Philly, so his OC pick is gonna be huge. I don’t know if he has the reputation of being an innovative offensive mind, so like I said, OC Is gonna be huge. Bevell is supposedly likely headed to NYG, so we’ll see who Reich has next.

1965southpaw
02-11-2018, 05:29 PM
I heard Irsay unloaded a Brink's truck at Reich's feet. I have NO DOUBT it's a richer package than they offered McDickless if for no other reason than to give the naysayers the middle finger, that think he's a bad owner to work for....How much to you want to bet they make sure that the number gets "leaked" even though Ballard has managed to shut down the leak machine in other areas. :D

1965southpaw
02-11-2018, 05:34 PM
Offense first in our next HC is what I wanted, so I’m satisfied in that regard.

Just hoping he’s not another Pagano where he’s light on experience but high on popularity amongst his players. Need a guy that’s going to have this team ready to play week-in and week-out.

Agreed but for the superbowl the Eagles had their team so ready that for the walkthrough at the stadium they did a fake/bogus walk through just in case the Patsy cameras were rolling. :D I know that was Pedersen but Reich is a product of that culture AND he had 2 offensive game plans ready for the superbowl..............He could flame out but at this point I choose to be optimistic. It's been too long since we had legitimate reason for hope so no pissing in my cheerios..............;)

GoBigBlue88
02-11-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm all in on whoever isn't Josh McDaniels. So Frank Reich it is.

My new wish list item is for Reich to be undefeated against the Patriots.

Coltsalr
02-11-2018, 06:04 PM
https://twitter.com/colts/status/962809090106888192

Let’s try this again...

YDFL Commish
02-11-2018, 06:10 PM
Colts announced it, contract signed.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Breaking-Frank-Reich-Hired-As-Colts%E2%80%99-Head-Coach/e2cfc12f-c265-4c4e-9f09-6491d745175a

rcubed
02-11-2018, 06:32 PM
Good.

FatDT
02-11-2018, 06:38 PM
Ok then. Glad we got him and not Frazier or Campbell.

Fuck Josh McDaniels.

Brylok
02-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Agreed but for the superbowl the Eagles had their team so ready that for the walkthrough at the stadium they did a fake/bogus walk through just in case the Patsy cameras were rolling. :D I know that was Pedersen but Reich is a product of that culture AND he had 2 offensive game plans ready for the superbowl..............He could flame out but at this point I choose to be optimistic. It's been too long since we had legitimate reason for hope so no pissing in my cheerios..............;)

Pretty much how I feel. At the very least it will be interesting again with Pagano and company gone.

Dam8610
02-11-2018, 06:52 PM
Hopefully he does well. I did like the Eagles offense the last two years, and felt Wentz overachieved, so hopefully that translates here. Now hopefully the team can focus on free agency and the draft. I'd like to see them target Ansah and Chubb to try to recreate Freeney and Mathis, especially since Eberflus is apparently going to run a Tampa 2 scheme based on what I've read.

YDFL Commish
02-11-2018, 08:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVyfFgrVQAE8jof.jpg

Indiana V2
02-11-2018, 08:58 PM
As Ballard said, it's not about getting the first guy, it's about getting the "right" guy, and I think that the Colts got the right guy this time.

DrSpaceman
02-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Hopefully he does well. I did like the Eagles offense the last two years, and felt Wentz overachieved, so hopefully that translates here. Now hopefully the team can focus on free agency and the draft. I'd like to see them target Ansah and Chubb to try to recreate Freeney and Mathis, especially since Eberflus is apparently going to run a Tampa 2 scheme based on what I've read.

I am excited to see what Eberflus can do here as well.

Would love Ansah and Chubb combo.

Pass rush, OL is where the free agency money should be concentrated.

1965southpaw
02-11-2018, 09:26 PM
As Ballard said, it's not about getting the first guy, it's about getting the "Reich" guy, and I think that the Colts got the right guy this time.

Fixed it for you. :D

omahacolt
02-12-2018, 08:39 AM

I wish there were better free agent olinemen available

VeveJones007
02-12-2018, 09:13 AM

Be interesting to see what Eberflus says about Demarcus Lawrence. He had a great year, but was it a flash in the pan? I’m always a bit weary of guys who have career years in a contract year.

albany ed
02-12-2018, 10:20 AM
I wanted a QB friendly coach, and it looks like we have one. I'd be interested in how Luck feels about this. I hope he's excited.

Indystu2
02-12-2018, 11:02 AM
I like the hire, a lot. Unlike last year, I am excited for the next season.

Coltsalr
02-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Looking like Nick Sirriani will be OC:

@AlbertBreer
Per sources, the Colts and new coach Frank Reich have put in a request with the Chargers to interview WRs coach Nick Sirianni for their offensive coordinator position.

@RapSheet
The #Chargers granted this request with the expectation that Nick Sirianni becomes the #Colts OC. Coach Anthony Lynn believes in career development for assistants.

Dam8610
02-12-2018, 11:14 AM
Be interesting to see what Eberflus says about Demarcus Lawrence. He had a great year, but was it a flash in the pan? I’m always a bit weary of guys who have career years in a contract year.

He'll be franchise tagged.

IndyNorm
02-12-2018, 11:23 AM

…and that’s not a man at all. No value in his word and he’s a fucking coward but I don’t hear Pats fans complaining. Reich was a stud for us and I wish him the best, I’m sure he’ll be a man of his word. I’m sure he won’t have coaches relocate their lives and tell them two hours before reupping on their current deal…McDaniels has me heated he’s a little bitch and isn’t worthy of being HC. Fucking scumbag Pats…diseased organization diseased fans I want to keep embarrassing them. They’re public enemy #1 cause the Cowjokes ain’t relevant

Going to be a fun AFC rivalry to watch for years. Or until Brady retires and exposes McD as a clown.

It's probably extra tough for the Eagles since if Reich had been hired in the normal time frame then DeFilippo probably would have stepped in as their OC instead of leaving for Minny.

VeveJones007
02-12-2018, 11:28 AM
He'll be franchise tagged.

Probably, but they are up against the cap.

rcubed
02-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Or maybe our OC

Butterfly effect from McDouche

1965southpaw
02-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Bill Polian was on Dan Dakitch show at noon today. Here are the highlights:

1. Confirmed that he, Peyton, and Marv Levy were all advocating on Frank's behalf to Ballard and Irsay
2. Polian spoke to Irsay several times after the McDickless debacle and Polian confirmed that Irsay STILL has the utmost confidence in Ballard. He puts this debacle squarely on McDickless.
3. Confirmed that Reich has been on Ballard's vetted list from the beginning (meaning long before Clappy got fired) but Reich isn't a self promoter and in fact actively told his agent at the start of the playoffs that he did not want to do ANY interviewing. His singular focus was on preparing for the playoffs / Superbowl. He figured he would get his opportunities next year with good performance in the Playoffs. Once the McDickless debacle happened after the Superbowl he was happy to have the opportunity to compete for the job this year.
4. He assured that Frank will have no problem working with Eberflus and the other coaches already under contract, especially since he's starting so late to build his team. He reminded that when he and Dungy came to town they kept on Tom Moore and Roger Mudd and that worked out ok.
5. Regarding rebuilding this team he acknowledged it will be tough and that Ballard / Reich inherited a much worse roster than he/Dungy did but he has faith that the two will get this thing back on track in the next few years.
6. He reaffirmed his point of view that you need to look to the draft to get the tranformational play makers BUT he did say that given the cap space that Ballard has to play with and given the shape of the roster he expects that Ballard will find some good pieces at good value to begin to shore things up for a year or two while he works the draft for the longer term

Colts And Orioles
11-20-2018, 03:28 PM
@adamschefter

Frank Reich has emerged as the favorite to become the new head coach of the Indianapolis Colts, who are hoping to hire the Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator once they have negotiated a signed, sealed and delivered contract, per @mortreport and me.

Normally I’d mark this down, but I think all of us now are going to wait and see on this one ........

o

Thankful for:

Josh McDaniels' change of heart.

McDaniels verbally agreed to be the team's head coach before leaving owner Jim Irsay and GM Chris Ballard at the altar when it was time to sign his contract.

McDaniels' decision to remain in New England is the best thing to happen to the Colts outside of Andrew Luck's return and their solid offensive line play ........ it allowed Indianapolis to get a coach (Frank Reich) who has formed the perfect pairing with Luck.

The Colts may not make the playoffs this season, but this franchise is finally headed in the right direction again, and Reich has played a significant factor in that.

Mike Wells

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25324680/week-12-2018-nfl-power-rankings-why-all-32-teams-thankful

o

Chromeburn
11-20-2018, 03:36 PM

Damn I missed this post. Their fans are brutal. And people think this place is tough.

FatDT
01-08-2019, 09:31 PM
It’s great that he was “enthusiastically interested” in the Browns job but didn’t even sniff an interview.

Spike
01-09-2019, 12:38 AM
It’s great that he was “enthusiastically interested” in the Browns job but didn’t even sniff an interview.

Yep, nobody wants that fucking scumbag. I do believe he interviewed with GB, but they didn't want his sorry ass.

McDaniels spurning the Colts last off-season likely was a main reason in the Browns not asking to interview him. Colts general manager Chris Ballard is close friends with Browns general manager John Dorsey, so Dorsey was able to find out everything he needed to know about what happened. Dorsey’s agent was also McDaniels’ agent at the time, but decided to move on from the coach after the Colts drama.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/01/08/josh-mcdaniels-will-not-interview-cleveland-browns-head-coach-job/

Chromeburn
12-04-2019, 04:05 PM
o

Rating the Job Security of Every NFL Head Coach in 2019

NFL Nation asserts that Frank Reich is one of 17 head coaches on the "Cold Seat" (the furthest possibility from being fired.)

Cliff Kingsbury, John Harbaugh, Vic Fangio, Matt LaFleur, Frank Reich, Andy Reid, Sean McVey, Brian Flores, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Adam Gase, Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin, Kyle Shanahan, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arian, Mike Vrabel.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28211735/rating-job-security-every-nfl-head-coach-2019-safe-get-fired

o

Yeah I don't think the coaches are the issue. Its a talent and injury issue. They are doing a good job with what they have. Imagine scheming for slow WR's that can't get open on their own and a QB that is highly reluctant to throw deep.

Spike
01-04-2021, 10:26 PM
o

Rating the Job Security of Every NFL Head Coach in 2019

NFL Nation asserts that Frank Reich is one of 17 head coaches on the "Cold Seat" (the furthest possibility from being fired.)

Cliff Kingsbury, John Harbaugh, Vic Fangio, Matt LaFleur, Frank Reich, Andy Reid, Sean McVey, Brian Flores, Bill Belichick, Sean Payton, Adam Gase, Jon Gruden, Mike Tomlin, Kyle Shanahan, Pete Carroll, Bruce Arian, Mike Vrabel.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28211735/rating-job-security-every-nfl-head-coach-2019-safe-get-fired

o

Adam Gase is history. I know you didn't mention him, but Lynn is gone too. If I was in charge of the Eagles, Pederson would be gone too.

Maniac
01-15-2021, 11:11 PM
o

Thanks for the info.

That particular article was from last year, 12 games into the season.

o

Yeah that happens when you keep bumping old threads all the time.