PDA

View Full Version : Next head coach

DrSpaceman
02-07-2018, 01:07 PM
Well I can't say much more about that ****head MCDaniels and that douchebag of an organization. Its all been said

So who are truly the guys to look for now as possible coaches?

I assume two are Reich and Toub.
Frazier has been mentioned as well

There will always be the Harbaugh, Saban rumors, not happening, those are pie in the sky long shots.

Anyone else that seriously should is will be considered?

VeveJones007
02-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Well I can't say much more about that ****head MCDaniels and that douchebag of an organization. Its all been said

So who are truly the guys to look for now as possible coaches?

I assume two are Reich and Toub.
Frazier has been mentioned as well

There will always be the Harbaugh, Saban rumors, not happening, those are pie in the sky long shots.

Anyone else that seriously should is will be considered?

I think it has to be an offensive head coach. Ballard sounds sold on Eberflus as the DC.

I'd wager it will be either Reich or DeFillippo, most likely Reich.

VeveJones007
02-07-2018, 01:54 PM
Colts have requested an interview with Saints Assistant HC/TE coach Dan Campbell.

VeveJones007
02-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Interview request also in for Frank Reich. Two offensive coaches. Makes sense that Ballard would think the defensive assistants wouldn't be a problem.

VeveJones007
02-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Chap says Campbell interview is Thursday, Reich Friday.

FatDT
02-07-2018, 04:33 PM
I remember Campbell, he was interim HC for the Dolphins a few years ago, I think after our former OL coach was fired. Known for being a fiery rah rah guy and being jacked but not exactly HC material.

DrSpaceman
02-07-2018, 04:59 PM
No reports of it happening but I wouldn't mind considering Jim Bob Cooter as well

rcubed
02-07-2018, 05:12 PM
No reports of it happening but I wouldn't mind considering Jim Bob Cooter as well
not sure I can do that just based on principle

Maniac
02-07-2018, 05:13 PM

Can he change his name?

I need to know, yes or no?

Racehorse
02-07-2018, 06:34 PM
not sure I can do that just based on principle

I am not sure what you mean here.

omahacolt
02-07-2018, 06:39 PM
at this point

i hope it is reich

rcubed
02-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Can’t take that dude seriously with that name

YDFL Commish
02-07-2018, 07:32 PM
at this point

i hope it is reich

Totally agree.

1965southpaw
02-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Venturi says that Campbell is a "blowhard"....alot of talk but not much beneath the surface. Good enough for me....I say hell no to Campbell we've already had our fill on cheap talk and platitudes from Chuckles.

omahacolt
02-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Venturi says that Campbell is a "blowhard"....alot of talk but not much beneath the surface. Good enough for me....I say hell no to Campbell we've already had our fill on cheap talk and platitudes from Chuckles.

i don't want campbell either.

i want a more scheme guy. not a tougher version of pagano

rcubed
02-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Agree. Hoping for reich.

Dewey 5
02-07-2018, 08:40 PM

Add in that Parcells called Ballard to endorse Campbell & Parcells is friends with Belichick... So fuck no to Campbell.

YDFL Commish
02-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Add in that Parcells called Ballard to endorse Campbell & Parcells is friends with Belichick... So fuck no to Campbell.

Parcells is old school and don't know shit about modern football.

Fuck that, we already lived through that for 6 seasons.

Coltsalr
02-07-2018, 09:02 PM
Campbell would be Pagano, only he’d be screaming at the guys when they fuck up.

While part of that would be nice to watch, we need a guy that’s more scheme/academic.

Hopefully Reich is that guy.

Puck
02-07-2018, 09:06 PM

Pretty fucked up character issues. Domestic violence if not mistaken

Puck
02-07-2018, 09:07 PM
Frank has always been my top choice. I'll go down eating crow if it's him and he fails

Dewey 5
02-07-2018, 09:10 PM
Campbell would be Pagano, only he’d be screaming at the guys when they fuck up.

While part of that would be nice to watch, we need a guy that’s more scheme/academic.

Hopefully Reich is that guy.

I'm surprised you want Reich. He has no connection to the cocksucking patriots.

Racehorse
02-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Frank has always been my top choice. I'll go down eating crow if it's him and he fails

Just don't go full Damtard if he fails and we'll give you a break.

omahacolt
02-07-2018, 09:33 PM

Really? You didn’t with pep

FatDT
02-07-2018, 09:35 PM
i don't want campbell either.

i want a more scheme guy. not a tougher version of pagano

He can probably bench more than Pagano though.

1965southpaw
02-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Here's a nice summary of Reich's background. I forgot he worked for the colts under Tom Moore..........

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/nfl/colts-get-luxury-in-coaching-search-post-josh-mcdaniels-a-chance-to-hire-frank-reich/ar-BBIPnHt

Puck
02-07-2018, 09:52 PM
Really? You didn’t with pep

Wanted Harbaugh who would bring Pep but Hes not ready for NFL again yet

VeveJones007
02-07-2018, 11:06 PM
Problem with Reich is that he’s never been “the guy” on the offensive side. In SD, it was Whisenhunt. In PHI, it has been Peterson.

Maybe Reich is a brilliant offensive mind, but we have nothing to lead us to that conclusion.

Butter
02-07-2018, 11:10 PM
Problem with Reich is that he’s never been “the guy” on the offensive side. In SD, it was Whisenhunt. In PHI, it has been Peterson.

Maybe Reich is a brilliant offensive mind, but we have nothing to lead us to that conclusion.

That is true, but at this point in the process not sure the Colts can be that particular. I am also not all the sure we missed out on a great HC at this point.

Puck
02-08-2018, 06:52 AM

From what over heard Ballard is very high on bringing in Bevelle as OC. I'd have to find the article but during the interview process one of the reported questions was would you be good with Bevelle as OC

True or not I don't know.

Racehorse
02-08-2018, 07:39 AM
That is true, but at this point in the process not sure the Colts can be that particular. I am also not all the sure we missed out on a great HC at this point.

Thanks, Pete!

Coltsalr
02-08-2018, 06:48 PM
I'm surprised you want Reich. He has no connection to the cocksucking patriots.

I’ve been saying since the beginning that I want a guy that’s offense first.

Reich appears to be the only viable option that fits that bill anymore.

God, this is depressing.

YDFL Commish
02-08-2018, 07:41 PM
God, this is depressing.

What's depressing?

Losing McDaniel's?

Constantly being harassed about your Pats crush?

Both?

Cocksucking?

Gotta be more clear here my friend.

Spike
02-08-2018, 07:55 PM
I’ve been saying since the beginning that I want a guy that’s offense first.

Reich appears to be the only viable option that fits that bill anymore.

God, this is depressing.

Not as depressing as having that prick McDouche here and then finding out what a POS he is. We dodged a bullet, be thankful for that.

Mr. Session
02-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Not as depressing as having that prick McDouche here and then finding out what a POS he is. We dodged a bullet, be thankful for that.

Exactly.

The only thing that's depressing is a few of us were retarded enough to think the cocksucker had grown from his time in Denver.

Thankfully the franchise doesn't have to wait 2-3 years to learn this the hard way. It's over with now.

VeveJones007
02-08-2018, 10:37 PM
From what over heard Ballard is very high on bringing in Bevelle as OC. I'd have to find the article but during the interview process one of the reported questions was would you be good with Bevelle as OC

True or not I don't know.

If this is the case, then Ballard wants Toub with Bevell as OC.

VeveJones007
02-08-2018, 10:40 PM
Eric Edholm is reporting that there may be disagreement between Ballard and Irsay on where to go from here. I could easily see Irsay pushing for Reich and Ballard pushing for Toub.

1965southpaw
02-08-2018, 10:52 PM
Eric Edholm is reporting that there may be disagreement between Ballard and Irsay on where to go from here. I could easily see Irsay pushing for Reich and Ballard pushing for Toub.

This is very interesting. I could be adding one and one and getting three but JMV was suggesting today that Irsay has re-engaged more closely due to his extreme embarrassment but he was suggesting he has been talking to Polian and Dungy for advice and that's why Frazier's name is in the mix.

Sorry meant to add that JMV said as of yet Taub's name has yet to surface

Dewey 5
02-08-2018, 11:43 PM
This is very interesting. I could be adding one and one and getting three but JMV was suggesting today that Irsay has re-engaged more closely due to his extreme embarrassment but he was suggesting he has been talking to Polian and Dungy for advice and that's why Frazier's name is in the mix.

Dungy will push for Frazier for a couple reasons. If he is the HC we are fucked.

1965southpaw
02-09-2018, 12:53 AM

Hmmmmm.......maybe 1 and 1 really is 3......further evidence to support Irsay's sudden love of Frazier.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2758395-colts-rumors-leslie-frazier-considered-for-head-coach-jim-irsay-a-big-fan

rcubed
02-09-2018, 01:04 AM
Irsay keep out of this. Its not ballards fault mcd fucked us.

FatDT
02-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Bringing in Frazier would be a stupid, emotional, reactionary move. Just hire Reich. The fact that McDickless scammed us doesn't mean we have to go back to a Dungy-style coach. Manning's not here. Luck isn't Manning. He's injured and he isn't driven the same way, he needs an offensive HC for stability and direction and Leslie fucking Frazier isn't going to give him that.

testcase448
02-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Bringing in Frazier would be a stupid, emotional, reactionary move. Just hire Reich. The fact that McDickless scammed us doesn't mean we have to go back to a Dungy-style coach. Manning's not here. Luck isn't Manning. He's injured and he isn't driven the same way, he needs an offensive HC for stability and direction and Leslie fucking Frazier isn't going to give him that.

And it's possible he will be working with Jacoby instead.

Beyond that, IF Luck makes it back he's going to be rusty at best.

Maniac
02-09-2018, 10:55 AM
If Irsay steps in and fucks this up, I'm going to be pissed. If he had fired Pagano last year like he should have, we could have gotten Kyle Shanahan, but no, we had to keep that moron one more year and then got into this mess.

Brylok
02-09-2018, 10:55 AM
The Vikings hired John Defilippo as their OC yesterday. I doubt Philly will let Reich go to another team after that.

1965southpaw
02-09-2018, 11:02 AM
I know this doesn't exactly belong here but I'm too lazy to start a new thread and it's loosely related as it involves Philly and the fucking chowdas.......

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelphia-eagles-may-held-fake-super-bowl-walkthrough-foil-spygate-tactic-050040669.html

I love this! I wish we could pull Pedersen out of Philly but even if Reich is merely Pedersen lite he's far superior if for no other reason he's part of a culture that isn't intimidated by the chowda eating bastards but instead brought planning, discipline, and savvy to the task of beating those fuckers at their own game. Those are traits that would be very valuable in our new coach (there fags, I connected it to this thread). :D

testcase448
02-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Hire people that know how to beat the cheatas

FatDT
02-09-2018, 11:38 AM
The Vikings hired John Defilippo as their OC yesterday. I doubt Philly will let Reich go to another team after that.

How exactly would they stop him from leaving?

DrSpaceman
02-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Hire people that know how to beat the cheatas

At this point we need to hire people that know how to defeat division opponents before we worry about that

I want to beat them as much as anyone, but this is a 3-13 team with a poor roster. The division comes first

IndyNorm
02-09-2018, 12:35 PM

Since it's a promotional step the only thing they can do is throw a bunch of money at him and give him an assistant HC title to persuade him to stay (basically the same thing the Cheats did with McDouchebag), correct?

Racehorse
02-09-2018, 12:37 PM
At this point we need to hire people that know how to defeat division opponents before we worry about that

I want to beat them as much as anyone, but this is a 3-13 team with a poor roster. The division comes first

Yeah, if we get a guy who can beat the Pats and lose every other game, it would really suck. That would mean the Pats are no longer relevant, which would be great, but we would also remain irrelevant, which would suck.

Racehorse
02-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Since it's a promotional step the only thing they can do is throw a bunch of money at him and give him an assistant HC title to persuade him to stay (basically the same thing the Cheats did with McDouchebag), correct?

Yeah, but guys usually don’t go into coaching for a dollar amount. They go into coaching to be the guy in charge of a team, eventually. No dollar amount would make up for passing up a chance to prove yourself as a coach, unless you are a McDouche.

rcubed
02-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Hire people that know how to run a modern offense

fixed it

Brylok
02-09-2018, 12:49 PM

His team just won the super bowl with a backup QB. Why would he want to leave that to go to a mess?

Spike
02-09-2018, 12:53 PM
His team just won the super bowl with a backup QB. Why would he want to leave that to go to a mess?

To be a head coach. Why would he agree to an interview if he wasn't interested? McDouche doesn't count since he's an asshole.

smitty46953
02-09-2018, 12:57 PM

$$$ perhaps ? :cool:

testcase448
02-09-2018, 01:19 PM

If you can beat those %^&@ suckers you can beat anyone in this division.

HoosierinFL
02-09-2018, 02:44 PM
One good thing about Reich is that since he spent so many years here, he knows the organization, and Irsay, so he knows exactly what it will be like, sans Ballard, but I can't imagine Ballard would be a problem for any potential HC.

IndyNorm
02-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Yeah, but guys usually don’t go into coaching for a dollar amount. They go into coaching to be the guy in charge of a team, eventually. No dollar amount would make up for passing up a chance to prove yourself as a coach, unless you are a McDouche.

Agreed. I was just saying that TMK that's really the only thing the Eagles could do to keep him since they can't block him.

FatDT
02-09-2018, 04:20 PM

That's pretty easy. Most coordinators want a shot at HC. He's not old, but he is older than many coordinators getting their first chance to be the HC. No better time than right after a SB win to parlay that into a HC job.

Brylok
02-09-2018, 06:59 PM
That's pretty easy. Most coordinators want a shot at HC. He's not old, but he is older than many coordinators getting their first chance to be the HC. No better time than right after a SB win to parlay that into a HC job.
Yeah I guess so. He's the one I want out of what's left, but I'm not thrilled about any of them to be honest. We'll see.

1965southpaw
02-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Listened to most of JMV this afternoon as I was stuck driving all over f'ing Jersey today and I feel much better. He addressed the tweet from that guy who suggests Ballard and Irsay aren't on the same page....he thinks that is WAY overstated. His understanding is merely that Irsay and Ballard still have the same vision that an offensive minded coach would be ideal. He believes that Irsay IS much more engaged right now but he is convinced they are still on the same page. He reaffirmed that Irsay and Ballard are actively consulting Dungy but also Polian and Manning and believes that Peyton and Polian are actively endorsing Reich. He believes that unless Reich shits the bed today in his interview that he will get the job. He thinks Frazier and Campbell are backup candidates. I didn't see but appearantlt Rappaport tweeted something about Campbell rising to the top of the list but JMV thinks that is not accurate. Who knows.....ready for this to be done.

apballin
02-09-2018, 11:48 PM
I think Frazier would be a good coach, not sure on Reich

I think the coaches "mindset" offensive or defensive is overrated

We've seen plenty of instances where guys take over a team and a coaches "strength" quickly is the weakest part of the team

Dungy was a "defensive coach" how'd that turn out?

Brian Billick was an "offensive coach" when he went to the Ravens

Butter
02-09-2018, 11:52 PM

We've seen plenty of instances where guys take over a team and a coaches "strength" quickly is the weakest part of the team

You thought Pagano was a good coach, so no one gives a shit what you think.

apballin
02-09-2018, 11:56 PM
You thought Pagano was a good coach, so no one gives a shit what you think.

Yep, and like I said from the outset I'd rather have Pagano than bumass Mcdaniels

While all you faggots were just dreaming of the offense that genius would run with Luck

rcubed
02-10-2018, 12:13 AM
I think that’s largely dependent on the coach, gm, team identity, etc.

We were an offensive team and hired a def coach in dungy to strengthen that side.
Rams had a much better D, hired an O coach and took off last year.

Brylok
02-10-2018, 12:20 AM
Yep, and like I said from the outset I'd rather have Pagano than bumass Mcdaniels

While all you faggots were just dreaming of the offense that genius would run with Luck
This fuckin' guy...smh

apballin
02-10-2018, 12:18 PM
This fuckin' guy...smh

Fuck you too, coach doesn't matter it's all on Luck's shoulder

Healthy Luck = playoffs with your mom as the coach

Brisset starting = drafting top 10 with Vince Lombardi as the coach

albany ed
02-10-2018, 12:39 PM

I agree with this. And, it might just be because as a coordinator, you're only plotting ways to attack the opposition, so you must know the opposition in order to exploit it. As a HC, you kind of know the ways to combat your own brilliance, thus becoming pretty adept on the other side of the game.

Spike
02-10-2018, 01:42 PM

Well, it mattered for Goff and the Rams. It mattered for Foles and the Eagles.

IndyNorm
02-10-2018, 02:58 PM

He'd certainly be better than your boy Clappy. That's for damn sure.

Maniac
02-10-2018, 04:35 PM
Remember when Pagano thought we were a power running team? Holy fuck was that guy stupid. Coaches absolutely make a difference.

omahacolt
02-10-2018, 05:41 PM
Remember when Pagano thought we were a power running team? Holy fuck was that guy stupid. Coaches absolutely make a difference.

just not having pagano should equal 3 or 4 wins a year.

DrSpaceman
02-10-2018, 06:26 PM

I don't necessarily think either one of those is true.

First of all, Luck was at least healthy enough to start the majority of the 2016 season and they missed the playoffs

Second, multiple games this year even with Brissett in their, they could have and should have won. Were they making the playoffs? No. But this easily could have been a 6 or 7 win team instead of a 3 win team.

Maybe they still draft top 10 with those wins, but they could have easily doubled the win total with a good coach.

DrSpaceman
02-10-2018, 06:32 PM
I mentioned it before somewhere, and there is one thing I would want Irsay to do.

May not be popular with others on here, but he should at least put a phone call into Dungy to see if he has any interest in returning as head coach. Not long term, just for a year or two. You have a bunch of new assistants as well. Coach them up for a bit and see if one you can find who may take over in the next few years.

The team would at least be disciplined if nothing else. I always thought Dungy was rather unoriginal and plain in his game plans, but you wouldn't see TJ green out there at corner, or out there at all, under him making bonehead late hit plays, jumping on piles

Outside of that though, Irsay should just stay out of it and rely on Ballard. And Ballard should remember the lesson of never trusting a god damn thing a Pats coach says to you

Colts And Orioles
02-10-2018, 07:21 PM
Just not having Pagano should equal 3 or 4 wins a year.

o

And if Andrew Luck comes back healthy, the combination of those 2 circumstances should at least put the Colts in the discussion for being a potential 10-win team in 2018.

o

Colt Classic
02-10-2018, 07:49 PM
I mentioned it before somewhere, and there is one thing I would want Irsay to do.

May not be popular with others on here, but he should at least put a phone call into Dungy to see if he has any interest in returning as head coach. Not long term, just for a year or two. You have a bunch of new assistants as well. Coach them up for a bit and see if one you can find who may take over in the next few years.

The team would at least be disciplined if nothing else. I always thought Dungy was rather unoriginal and plain in his game plans, but you wouldn't see TJ green out there at corner, or out there at all, under him making bonehead late hit plays, jumping on piles

Outside of that though, Irsay should just stay out of it and rely on Ballard. And Ballard should remember the lesson of never trusting a god damn thing a Pats coach says to you

...but you would see Rob Morris playing MLB for way too long before they finally found a better spot for him to contribute. Strong side, was it?

DrSpaceman
02-10-2018, 08:40 PM
...but you would see Rob Morris playing MLB for way too long before they finally found a better spot for him to contribute. Strong side, was it?

He was still better than Green. And didn't play stupid and top of his inadequacies at the position

And he did eventually contribute.

apballin
02-10-2018, 09:18 PM
I don't necessarily think either one of those is true.

First of all, Luck was at least healthy enough to start the majority of the 2016 season and they missed the playoffs

Second, multiple games this year even with Brissett in their, they could have and should have won. Were they making the playoffs? No. But this easily could have been a 6 or 7 win team instead of a 3 win team.

Maybe they still draft top 10 with those wins, but they could have easily doubled the win total with a good coach.

Ok so 7 wins and Pagano keeps his job?

I doubt it, then everyone here would've been pissed he fucked our draft position with meaningless wins

He was gone regardless

Racehorse
02-11-2018, 10:15 AM
Fuck you too, coach doesn't matter

Hmmm, where have we heard this drivel before?

Brylok
02-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Hmmm, where have we heard this drivel before?

It sounds pretty Dam familiar...

Oldcolt
02-11-2018, 12:09 PM
Coaches matter. Lombardi NEVER had a losing season. Think that was just happenstance? Whomever we get needs to be able to work seamlessly with Ballard and at least be average in game prep and in game situations. That would be a huge upgrade for us. Here's hoping we hit the jackpot.

apballin
02-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Coaches matter. Lombardi NEVER had a losing season. Think that was just happenstance? Whomever we get needs to be able to work seamlessly with Ballard and at least be average in game prep and in game situations. That would be a huge upgrade for us. Here's hoping we hit the jackpot.

Pagano had 1 losing season as a head coach, but yea I think we already hit the jackpot by crapping out

1965southpaw
02-11-2018, 12:38 PM
In case you never had a chance to hear Kevin Bowen's analysis on all things Colts you really should seek him out. He is by far my most respected voice in the Indy market......anyway just heard his latest update this morning and he thinks all indicators are still pointing toward a Reich selection. Most of what he said was the same stiff he and others have said for the last week but there was one new nugget that I hadn't really heard as strongly as I have before and that is about the relationship of Ballard and Polian.

I have heard Polian speak highly of Ballard in interviews before but I just thought he was speaking of his reputation in the league and from an arms length distance but per Kevin they are very close. He described what to me sounds like more of a mentoring relationship although he didn't call Polian his mentor. It seems after Irsay shit the bed so badly with his own selection of Grigsom that Irsay leaned heavily on Polian next time out and it was Polian that put Ballard on Irsay's radar.

The relevance to today's search is that per Bowen, Polian's voice will be the loudest voice they listen to out of all their outside advisors and he will most definitely be advocating for Reich.

Indiana V2
02-11-2018, 01:23 PM
In case you never had a chance to hear Kevin Bowen's analysis on all things Colts you really should seek him out. He is by far my most respected voice in the Indy market......anyway just heard his latest update this morning and he thinks all indicators are still pointing toward a Reich selection. Most of what he said was the same stiff he and others have said for the last week but there was one new nugget that I hadn't really heard as strongly as I have before and that is about the relationship of Ballard and Polian.

I have heard Polian speak highly of Ballard in interviews before but I just thought he was speaking of his reputation in the league and from an arms length distance but per Kevin they are very close. He described what to me sounds like more of a mentoring relationship although he didn't call Polian his mentor. It seems after Irsay shit the bed so badly with his own selection of Grigsom that Irsay leaned heavily on Polian next time out and it was Polian that put Ballard on Irsay's radar.

The relevance to today's search is that per Bowen, Polian's voice will be the loudest voice they listen to out of all their outside advisors and he will most definitely be advocating for Reich.

That's good to know!

Puck
02-11-2018, 03:03 PM
Pagano had 1 losing season as a head coach, but yea I think we already hit the jackpot by crapping out

He was here for 6 yrs. how many winning seasons did he have?

YDFL Commish
02-11-2018, 05:13 PM
He was here for 6 yrs. how many winning seasons did he have?

Two. Under Arians the were 9-3. Under Pagano they were 2-2.

Puck
02-11-2018, 05:21 PM
Two. Under Arians the were 9-3. Under Pagano they were 2-2.

So 1 then.....

YDFL Commish
02-11-2018, 06:06 PM
So 1 then.....

No, two, Pagano was the HC for the 13 & 14 seasons, the Colts went 11-5 in.

Puck
02-11-2018, 07:24 PM

One year was Arians

Coltsalr
02-11-2018, 07:47 PM
One year was Arians

2012 was Arians.

Puck
02-11-2018, 08:06 PM

Never mind. I'm following.