PDA

View Full Version : Did Dalvin Cook just become a viable pick?

Kray007
03-10-2017, 07:28 PM
At least in theory, you've addressed OLB. If there's a Defender you really like available at the top of the 2nd round, you can trade up to get him, then spend the next five picks snagging the best players available on D.

If we saw anything in the Super Bowl, it's that Bill Belichick's philosophy of taking the best player away from an opponent has limitations. A great RB, combined with a good Receiving corps can move the ball against New England.

Dalvin Cook would be the best Colt's RB since Edgerrin James. He has great running and receiving skills, and he's a solid blocker. At WR, Hilton is an elite player, and a healthy Moncrief is in a slot just below that. If Doyle can make the conversion to a full time player and Swoope can harness his immense talent, the Colts have the ability to make the life of opposing Defensive coordinators hell.

omahacolt
03-10-2017, 07:30 PM
hell no

rcubed
03-10-2017, 07:34 PM
still take best D available. D Line, rush LB, CB

Mr. Session
03-10-2017, 07:36 PM
At least in theory, you've addressed OLB. If there's a Defender you really like available at the top of the 2nd round, you can trade up to get him, then spend the next five picks snagging the best players available on D.

If we saw anything in the Super Bowl, it's that Bill Belichick's philosophy of taking the best player away from an opponent has limitations. A great RB, combined with a good Receiving corps can move the ball against New England.

Dalvin Cook would be the best Colt's RB since Edgerrin James. He has great running and receiving skills, and he's a solid blocker. At WR, Hilton is an elite player, and a healthy Moncrief is in a slot just below that. If Doyle can make the conversion to a full time player and Swoope can harness his immense talent, the Colts have the ability to make the life of opposing Defensive coordinators hell.

IDK.

Hilton is a gamer but he isn't a game wrecker. He can be schemed out of the game like teams used to do Harrison.

I used to feel like our Tight end position was one of the most solid on the team. Now we are one injury away from having a potential nightmare at the position. Does anyone really feel that Swoope is really polished enough to warrant significant playing time? Perhaps this is the offseason he needs to get there.

I honestly think it makes more sense to pick up a solid offensive lineman than a runningback. Dallas' line was built for years, I don't think it matters who's running behind that line. Darren McFadden looked like an actual football player before Elliott came into Dallas.

Find a guard or a tackle that can push someone's shit in against their will. New Englands Nose Tackle absolutely dominated Pitts' Pouncy and interior lineman; Against Atlanta Alex Mack stole that dude's paycheck (with a broken fucking leg) - I want some of that. Our GM is supposed to be good at this - I'm tired of watching Indianapolis suit up sugar boys.

Coltsalr
03-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Still no, so long as the values there.

Also, with Dalvin Cook having such a lackluster Combine, maybe he'll drop a round. Even then, I'm pretty sure most wouldn't want him there, but I'd be good with it.

omahacolt
03-10-2017, 07:40 PM
the desire to draft skill players is a god damn disease for fans. they just cant help themselves

it is seriously like colts fans havent watched other teams over the last 20 years.

all offense all the time. it is simply retarded.

Dam8610
03-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Not unless he is far and away the BPA at 15, and even then, trade down. This team needs to come away from this draft with at least 3 LBs in the first four rounds (4 ideally), preferably with 2 of them being from the first two rounds.

Coltsalr
03-10-2017, 07:48 PM
My picks are still Reuben Foster/Tim Williams.

Reuben Foster would now be the perfect fit now that we need an ILB that can cover and can hit in run support too. We always needed that, but with OLB being addressed, this is now the more glaring need.

Tim Williams would be a great fit with Sheard/Simon. A guy that would come in on 3rd downs only and just pin his ears back and rush the passer and allow them to get creative with sub packages.

I think the value is potentially just too great and the need too great to go RB in round one.

Coltsalr
03-10-2017, 07:51 PM
the desire to draft skill players is a god damn disease for fans. they just cant help themselves

it is seriously like colts fans havent watched other teams over the last 20 years.

all offense all the time. it is simply retarded.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment here...

Ballard said in round one, you go for the trenches, unless you have a Reggie Wayne grade on a guy at a skill position.

If you could go back in time, would you go with Wayne, or would you grab a defense guy like Casey Hampton, Nate Clements, Kyle Vandenbosch, or Aaron Schobel?

YDFL Commish
03-10-2017, 07:54 PM

Ballard said in round one, you go for the trenches, unless you have a Reggie Wayne grade on a guy at a skill position.

If you could go back in time, would you go with Wayne, or would you grab a defense guy like Casey Hampton, Nate Clements, Kyle Vandenbosch, or Aaron Schobel?

Casey Hampton.

Dam8610
03-10-2017, 07:58 PM
Casey Hampton.

No. Sorry. Reggie is a borderline hall of famer, and for as good as Casey Hampton was, he was never that.

omahacolt
03-10-2017, 09:29 PM

What is your point

Coltsalr
03-10-2017, 09:49 PM
What is your point

...it wasn't obvious?

Okay then. If you can get truly special talent, then it can supersede the most pressing need.

That said, like I said, I do think that value and need at pass rush or potentially ILB (if Foster is still there) is going to be too much to pass up.

omahacolt
03-10-2017, 09:56 PM
...it wasn't obvious?

Okay then. If you can get truly special talent, then it can supersede the most pressing need.

That said, like I said, I do think that value and need at pass rush or potentially ILB (if Foster is still there) is going to be too much to pass up.

Using hindsight then I would absolutely rather have a hall of famer over just good players.

I was asking because I was hoping you weren't actually being that stupid

Brylok
03-10-2017, 10:09 PM
Defense, defense, and more defense please. Some o-line help might be okay too, but defense is priority.

FatDT
03-11-2017, 01:06 AM
No. Ugh why even ask.

FatDT
03-11-2017, 01:09 AM
Who is the fatass in my profile pic and why do I have a profile pic?

bertjones
03-11-2017, 01:10 AM
Defense, defense, and more defense please. Some o-line help might be okay too, but defense is priority.

Aye. They've just begun to paint the picture.

VeveJones007
03-11-2017, 01:16 AM
Are we really still talking about Dalvin Cook as a potential 1st round pick after that combine performance?

Coltsalr
03-11-2017, 05:51 AM
Using hindsight then I would absolutely rather have a hall of famer over just good players.

I was asking because I was hoping you weren't actually being that stupid

YDFL had no trouble understanding the hypothetical, didn't think it was that complicated.

omahacolt
03-11-2017, 08:49 AM

Somebody gave you a profile picture?

HoosierinFL
03-11-2017, 08:58 AM
My picks are still Reuben Foster/Tim Williams.

Reuben Foster would now be the perfect fit now that we need an ILB that can cover and can hit in run support too. We always needed that, but with OLB being addressed, this is now the more glaring need.

Tim Williams would be a great fit with Sheard/Simon. A guy that would come in on 3rd downs only and just pin his ears back and rush the passer and allow them to get creative with sub packages.

I think the value is potentially just too great and the need too great to go RB in round one.

Yea if Reuben Foster is there, absolutely! Otherwise I'm warming to the idea of Cook after these FA signings. Esp if we sign Poe after his Sunday visit

omahacolt
03-11-2017, 09:00 AM
These aren't long free agent contracts. We need an infusion of young defensive talent. A rb can be had in the 4th.

Colt Classic
03-11-2017, 09:02 AM

http://angryjogger.com/fat-man-running.jpg

Reverse Google image search leads to this ^

FatDT
03-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Somebody gave you a profile picture?

You shithead.

omahacolt
03-11-2017, 12:00 PM
You shithead.

Trust me dude. Not a chance in hell I would do that. Not even to dam. It's bs imo

smitty46953
03-11-2017, 12:04 PM

??? I removed it for ya ... :cool:

smitty46953
03-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Trust me dude. Not a chance in hell I would do that. Not even to dam. It's bs imo

Liar, you would to Dammy ... :cool:

FatDT
03-11-2017, 02:10 PM
Thanks Smitty.

FatDT
03-11-2017, 02:12 PM
I am hoping to get Alvin Kamara in the 4th. His 40 time was not great but he plays very fast.

Butter
03-11-2017, 02:18 PM
At least it was a fitting pic for your username.

Puck
03-11-2017, 02:42 PM
No to Cook. Yes to best CB there is. Even if we have to trade up to get him

Dam8610
03-11-2017, 05:30 PM
No to Cook. Yes to best LB there is. Even if we have to trade up to get him

Fixed.

Puck
03-11-2017, 06:46 PM
Fixed.

Don't start this crap again

Puck
03-11-2017, 07:12 PM
It's reported that Sidney Jones tore his Achilles today at his pro day

natagu23
03-11-2017, 07:46 PM
It's reported that Sidney Jones tore his Achilles today at his pro day

Yikes. Terrible news.

He also lost millions of dollars too.

Hopefully he can recover and comeback strong. I wonder if a team will pull the trigger on him late in the hopes that they'll essentially get a 1st round talent if he makes a full recovery next year.

Racehorse
03-11-2017, 08:54 PM
??? I removed it for ya ... :cool:

You can fix that, then you can change my status to something reasonable.

smitty46953
03-11-2017, 09:10 PM

Any better ? :cool:

Racehorse
03-11-2017, 09:11 PM
Any better ? :cool:

Haha. Synonyms are your forte.

Puck
03-11-2017, 09:48 PM

Ha. You didn't like it? I have been posting like crazy to get to that status. It's for everyone over 5000 posts I believe

Racehorse
03-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Ha. You didn't like it? I have been posting like crazy to get to that status. It's for everyone over 5000 posts I believe

If that is the case, I am fine with it, but since I was the only one, it seemed like someone was just being a dick.

Puck
03-11-2017, 10:14 PM
If that is the case, I am fine with it, but since I was the only one, it seemed like someone was just being a dick.

Ha.... I figured you'd like that status. We use to call you that anyway. Maybe not to your face but in a secret thread about you... ;)

CanuckColt
03-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Not in the first round, thanks.

apballin
03-12-2017, 09:53 AM
No fuck that defense has to be the pick

Racehorse
03-12-2017, 05:36 PM
Ha.... I figured you'd like that status. We use to call you that anyway. Maybe not to your face but in a secret thread about you... ;)

You know, when I log out, I can see that thread. Therefore, it was not much of a secret.