PDA

View Full Version : Trade Luck

testcase448
01-16-2018, 03:00 PM
https://nflmocks.com/2018/01/16/indianapolis-colts-mock-draft-trading-andrew-luck/

Coltsalr
01-16-2018, 03:03 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSrp7GomkwtiP6fecHoPn4Z1arwtbhZ 29tFJhrzsr8WxLGM-o

testcase448
01-16-2018, 03:05 PM
I doubt we'd get that much from Buffalo, they're not THAT stupid to mortgage the future on a cripple...
So we'll keep him until he is worthless, which won't be long given the battering he'll take the next couple years.

Brylok
01-16-2018, 03:12 PM
I doubt we'd get that much from Buffalo, they're not THAT stupid to mortgage the future on a cripple...
So we'll keep him until he is worthless, which won't be long given the battering he'll take the next couple years.

You should crawl up out of the bottle, and get a job.

testcase448
01-16-2018, 03:26 PM
You should crawl up out of the bottle, and get a job.

I've got a great one, probably make more than you, with lots of "report to's" actually doing my work so I have time to actually think about things! I love delegating shit to the minions! The commute sucks though
You should try it.
With the lack of talent on this team Luck's career is going to be short..
Build a team, then find a QB

Racehorse
01-16-2018, 03:31 PM
I've got a great one, probably make more than you, with lots of "report to's" actually doing my work so I have time to actually think about things! I love delegating shit to the minions! The commute sucks though
You should try it.

Dude, posting your own blog on message boards is NOT delegating shit to the minions. It is called spamming.

Maniac
01-16-2018, 03:41 PM
You should try it.

Being a shift manager at taco bell is not impressing anyone.

How about instead of your stupid idea of trading Luck, why don't we trade you and Dam to colts.com instead?

Coltsalr
01-16-2018, 03:45 PM
You should try it.

Doesn’t sound like you’re doing very much thinking.

Coltsalr
01-16-2018, 03:49 PM
why don't we trade you and Dam to colts.com instead?

What ever happened to turn the other cheek, Jesus?

Condemning such a group to such horrors would represent a major change in church doctrine!

Brylok
01-16-2018, 03:57 PM
You should try it.

You actually took the time to go back and edit that nonsense...

Maniac
01-16-2018, 03:59 PM
What ever happened to turn the other cheek, Jesus?

Condemning such a group to such horrors would represent a major change in church doctrine!

If someone has to be condemned to dealing with them, better them than us.

Racehorse
01-16-2018, 04:05 PM
You actually took the time to go back and edit that nonsense...

Well, he added to it instead of deleting it, so..

Brylok
01-16-2018, 04:12 PM
Being a shift manager at taco bell is not impressing anyone.

How about instead of your stupid idea of trading Luck, why don't we trade you and Dam to colts.com instead?

We should throw in apballin to sweeten the deal.

DrSpaceman
01-16-2018, 04:56 PM
This is like the idiots that wanted to trade Luck before he signed his contract after his rookie deal ran out.

He isn't being traded, nor should he be.

testcase448
01-16-2018, 05:02 PM
This is like the idiots that wanted to trade Luck before he signed his contract after his rookie deal ran out.

He isn't being traded, nor should he be.

So we'll keep the damaged goods, and be mediocre until Luck retires...

We'll be looking up at the faguars and tits for the foreseeable future.

I love the way you all share a brain, but it's trapped in a tiny little box... small minds "think" alike.

Franchise QBs left in the playoffs? Brady (5th round pick btw) Foles? Bortles? .. and.... Keenum...

Teams win, we don't, but we have a broke down franchise QB though!

Maniac
01-16-2018, 05:23 PM

I love the way you all share a brain, but it's trapped in a tiny little box... small minds "think" alike.

Franchise QBs left in the playoffs? Brady (5th round pick btw) Foles? Bortles? .. and.... Keenum...

We all have the same thoughts because we all are correct and you are fucking stupid saying we should trade our franchise QB.

It doesn't matter what round you find your franchise QB in (like you were incorrectly trying to state with Brady), once you find him, you don't trade him unless he absolutely can't play anymore, is too old, or you have a guaranteed franchise QB as a replacement.

If you look back at the last 25 years of superbowls, you can only count 2, maybe 3 if you include Flacco as qb's who were NOT franchise QB's for their teams and won the superbowl. If you call Flacco a franchise QB, then there were only 2 in the last 25 years who were not that actually won a superbowl (Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson.) That is clear statistical evidence that a franchise QB is VITAL to winning a superbowl. They are the single greatest asset your team can have. Just look at the Colts. Luck easily makes a 6+ game difference in wins each season at the least, and you want to get rid of that? Fucking DUMB.

omahacolt
01-16-2018, 06:19 PM
You should try it.

ignoring your retarded dick measuring contest

you get a qb when you have access to one. they aren't easy to find. teams spend decades looking at times.

we have a qb. you don't just throw him away in his prime

Racehorse
01-16-2018, 09:43 PM

This forum really needs a "No thanks" button.

apballin
01-16-2018, 10:19 PM
We should throw in apballin to sweeten the deal.

Fuck you

Butter
01-16-2018, 10:51 PM

I want this feature. http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/803/746/3cc.jpeg

DrSpaceman
01-17-2018, 10:06 AM
Sorry I meant to say this is like when people wanted to trade Manning after his rookie contract was up, not Luck.

You don't give away, even in trades, franchise QBs.

testcase448
01-17-2018, 11:42 AM
We all have the same thoughts because we all are Fucking DUMB.

fixed for accuracy.

Last 25 years, which bad TEAM with a franchise QB won the SB?

We are a bad team, with a damaged aging "franchise" QB.

We lack at EVERY position on the roster except punter...
Our no talent O-line has maybe one young, decent player

To many holes to fill in the years Luck has left, not to mention next year will be a waste as Luck learns a new system and shakes off rust.

Racehorse
01-17-2018, 11:49 AM
fixed for accuracy.

To many holes to fill in the years Luck has left, not to mention next year will be a waste as Luck learns a new system and shakes off rust.

The door is =======>

YDFL Commish
01-17-2018, 12:07 PM
fixed for accuracy.

This team is an 8-8 team w/a healthy Luck at QB in 2017 and 10-6 in a modern offensive system. So I'm predicting 11-5 next season, provided Ballard brings in the right pieces.

Spike
01-17-2018, 12:27 PM

If Luck is as fucked up as you think he is, who the hell is going to trade for him? You don't have a fucking clue if Luck is damaged goods. You and your trade Luck bullshit is just downright stupid.

Maniac
01-17-2018, 12:28 PM
fixed for accuracy.

No it was accurate before. You're an idiot.

Spike
01-17-2018, 12:33 PM

It really needs a Fuck Off button!

DrSpaceman
01-17-2018, 12:47 PM
fixed for accuracy.

How many years do you think Luck has left? He is still not even 30 and QBs these days can play to age 40.

Jared Goff and the Rams certainly did not take long to learn a new system this year,

Which bad team with a franchise QB won a SB? The Colts in 2007

rcubed
01-17-2018, 12:47 PM
fixed for accuracy.

test, were you a caller on dan patrick this morning? they were discussing the colts and a caller was spouting your insanity. Luck is washed up and trade him, blah blah...

Colt Classic
01-17-2018, 01:10 PM
This team is an 8-8 team w/a healthy Luck at QB in 2017 and 10-6 in a modern offensive system. So I'm predicting 11-5 next season, provided Ballard brings in the right pieces.

I don't see more than 7 or 8 wins based on how improved the rest of the division is defensively. Are you seriously thinking the Colts are going to win the division? Jags are going to replace Bortles which will improve their offense and their D is top-notch. Texans were going to run away with the division this year until several injuries ended that. Titans are decent and probably the only chance the Colts have for keeping out of the basement, but still have a playoff team to improve upon.

The Colts have a new coaching staff and Luck may or may not be ready to play sometime. Their top WR no-shows every other game, but on defense, hey they stopped the run and have some decent defensive backs. Sweet. Oh, and they'll have several draft picks ready to go. Nine wins would be amazing.

YDFL Commish
01-17-2018, 02:10 PM
I don't see more than 7 or 8 wins based on how improved the rest of the division is defensively. Are you seriously thinking the Colts are going to win the division? Jags are going to replace Bortles which will improve their offense and their D is top-notch. Texans were going to run away with the division this year until several injuries ended that. Titans are decent and probably the only chance the Colts have for keeping out of the basement, but still have a playoff team to improve upon.

The Colts have a new coaching staff and Luck may or may not be ready to play sometime. Their top WR no-shows every other game, but on defense, hey they stopped the run and have some decent defensive backs. Sweet. Oh, and they'll have several draft picks ready to go. Nine wins would be amazing.

Remember, I said a healthy Luck was worth 4 games. Also, $80 million in cap space and seven(possibly more) draft picks can plug a lot of roster holes.

Colt Classic
01-17-2018, 02:29 PM
Remember, I said a healthy Luck was worth 4 games. Also, $80 million in cap space and seven(possibly more) draft picks can plug a lot of roster holes.

I don't care if he comes back as 31 point playoff game comeback Luck--11 wins is a longshot. It could happen, but to actually expect that at this point in time is just asking for a huge disappointment.

Racehorse
01-17-2018, 02:37 PM
I don't care if he comes back as 31 point playoff game comeback Luck--11 wins is a longshot. It could happen, but to actually expect that at this point in time is just asking for a huge disappointment.

Sometimes a year away can give a guy rest, perspective and hunger. If you doubt me, see Paul George. He got at least some of that.

DrSpaceman
01-17-2018, 02:55 PM
The division is certainly much tougher.

The days of winning the division just by having Andrew Luck at QB because the other teams suck are over. Will need a more complete team with a real defense to continue to get any division wins.

Not sure what to expect next year. Colts do get a 4th place schedule, that helps with a couple games. That means a game against the Browns again.

But then also have to play the AFC east and NFC East next year, that's a tough road.

Racehorse
01-17-2018, 03:01 PM

The days of winning the division just by having Andrew Luck at QB because the other teams suck are over. Will need a more complete team with a real defense to continue to get any division wins.

Not sure what to expect next year. Colts do get a 4th place schedule, that helps with a couple games. That means a game against the Browns again.

But then also have to play the AFC east and NFC East next year, that's a tough road.

Third place? Bengals and Raiders

HoosierinFL
01-17-2018, 03:05 PM

and ultimately it's always been true that a star QB alone does not equal wins in the playoffs. We got 1 superbowl because the defense found itself that year. (and Bob Sanders got healthy and the coaches finally benched Gilbert Grape and discovered almost too late that ol Rawb Morris was a pretty good SAM - if only he had been played at that position in 2004 and 2005...)

Colts And Orioles
01-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Sometimes a year away can give a guy rest, perspective and hunger. If you doubt me, see Paul George. He got at least some of that.

o

Or Peyton Manning.

5 years before Marcus Williams whiffed on Stefon Diggs in a 2017 divisional playoff game, Rahim Moore whiffed on Jacoby Jones with only 30 seconds left to play in a 2012 divisional playoff game. Manning and the Broncos' offense had put up 35 points in that game, and were well on their way to the AFC Championship game before that gaffe ........ and Manning had had a typical Manning-esque regular season that year, after having missed the entire 2011 season due to neck surgery.

o

DrSpaceman
01-17-2018, 03:45 PM
Third place? Bengals and Raiders

Right, 3rd place guess. I forgot that final game meant a great 3rd place finish at 4-12.

Maniac
01-17-2018, 03:46 PM
and ultimately it's always been true that a star QB alone does not equal wins in the playoffs.

and as I mentioned previously, it's also true that if you don't have one, your chances of winning a superbowl are practically zero. Anyone trying to justify a team getting rid of it's most valuable asset with no replacement is just ridiculous. Literally every team would laugh at a franchise that was willing to do that, and rightfully so, because it would be the dumbest possible move a franchise can make.

testcase448
01-17-2018, 04:44 PM
The door is =======>

THE FINGER POINTS /\ ,l,,

Brylok
01-17-2018, 05:23 PM
THE FINGER POINTS /\ ,l,,

Dumb

Racehorse
01-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Dumb

I'm not so sure. I mean, I feel like I got burnt somehow, lol

Spike
01-17-2018, 06:45 PM
and as I mentioned previously, it's also true that if you don't have one, your chances of winning a superbowl are practically zero. Anyone trying to justify a team getting rid of it's most valuable asset with no replacement is just ridiculous. Literally every team would laugh at a franchise that was willing to do that, and rightfully so, because it would be the dumbest possible move a franchise can make.

Preach Jesus, preach! Preach even to the dumb asses.

Colt Classic
01-17-2018, 07:15 PM

So hungry that he wanted to leave town and find his own team of all-stars. Fuck him.

Racehorse
01-17-2018, 07:20 PM
So hungry that he wanted to leave town and find his own team of all-stars. Fuck him.

I cited him as an example of a guy who had to sit because of injury. It is a good example, even if he did the city wrong.

kitekrazy
01-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Dude, posting your own blog on message boards is NOT delegating shit to the minions. It is called spamming.

Worthy of a perma ban.

Brylok
01-17-2018, 08:10 PM
Worthy of a perma ban.

I don't like banning people for their opinions unless they just go insane, but creating a thread linked to your own blog is ban worthy in my opinion.

testcase448
01-17-2018, 08:34 PM
test, were you a caller on dan patrick this morning? they were discussing the colts and a caller was spouting your insanity. Luck is washed up and trade him, blah blah...

It's not isanity, it's a path forward..
But not me, I can't get Patrick down here I don't believe

testcase448
01-17-2018, 08:40 PM

what the fuck are you talking about?

sherck
01-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Of note, I do NOT think that we should trade Luck for anything less than like 2 whole draft classes; round 1 through round 7, 14 picks in total.

That said, the starting QB for our four Championship round NFL playoff teams in 2018 are:

Case Keenum (undrafted, 2012)
Tommy Cheater (6th round pick, 2000)
Nick Foles (3rd round pick, 2012)
Blake Bortles (1st round pick, 2014)

It is arguable that the #3 overall pick from 2014 is the worst of the lot.

A Superbowl winning QB can be found in places other than the 1st round of the NFL draft. 3 of those teams are in the Championship round for things other than stellar QB play.

Again, that said, it is stupid talk to say that Luck is "done" or "damaged beyond repair" or that we should trade him. Just stupid.

Walk Worthy,

testcase448
01-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Of note, I do NOT think that we should trade Luck for anything less than like 2 whole draft classes; round 1 through round 7, 14 picks in total.

That said, the starting QB for our four Championship round NFL playoff teams in 2018 are:

A Superbowl winning QB can be found in places other than the 1st round of the NFL draft. 3 of those teams are in the Championship round for things other than stellar QB play.

Again, that said, it is stupid talk to say that Luck is "done" or "damaged beyond repair" or that we should trade him. Just stupid.

Walk Worthy,

Luck has missed 26 games in the last three years... is surgically repaired at only 29 Years old.
As he ages he may well miss more games, not less. Brissett took a god awful beating last year. Luck at BEST will be operatng behind a revamped line

Hoopsdoc
01-17-2018, 09:42 PM
Luck has missed 26 games in the last three years... is surgically repaired at only 29 Years old.
As he ages he may well miss more games, not less. Brissett took a god awful beating last year. Luck at BEST will be operatng behind a revamped line

Yes, but when healthy, you know he’s a top 5 qb. The odds of finding a guy like that in the draft are not good.

The bird in hand......

sherck
01-18-2018, 07:47 AM
You seriously point to a new offensive line as a downside or a negative?

Heck, beyond getting Luck back, revamping the offensive line will be the biggest positive to the 2018 season if Ballard does it right!

Add in a new offensive system which, hopefully, can start to replicate the offensive success that the Cheats have been able to employ for years (without the cheating, of course)?

Dude, I get that we have talent holes all over the roster; Grigson screwed the team big time.

But a 2016 Andrew Luck (injury and all) would have taken the 3-13 2017 Colts and turned them, by himself as the only change, into at least a 9 or 10 win team.

Colts losses in 2017 were by:

1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 14, 20, 27, 28, 35

7 losses by 1 TD or less. Are you telling me that Andrew Luck is not worth 7 points more per game than Jacoby Brissett?

Both in 15 games:

469 attempts / 276 completions / 58.8% / 3,098 yards / 13 TD / 07 INT / 52 sacks / 81.7 QB Rating / 260 rush yards / 4 rush TD / 2017 Brissett
545 attempts / 346 completions / 63.5% / 4,240 yards / 31 TD / 13 INT / 41 sacks / 96.4 QB Rating / 341 rush yards / 2 rush TD / 2016 Luck

You, and no one else outside of a small, tight circle around Luck, has any idea to his injury concerns. To make emphatic statements that he is done or will not recover is just stupid.

Walk Worthy,

testcase448
01-18-2018, 08:26 AM
Yes, but when healthy, you know he’s a top 5 qb. The odds of finding a guy like that in the draft are not good.

The bird in hand......

He was... may be again... may NOT be. Odds say he wont't
I truthfully hope he is, I like the guy.

BUT with the holes in this team, which are wide, deep and glaring will not be filled this year. Or next perhaps.
Our O-line will get him killed in this division

testcase448
01-18-2018, 08:33 AM
You seriously point to a new offensive line as a downside or a negative?

Heck, beyond getting Luck back, revamping the offensive line will be the biggest positive to the 2018 season if Ballard does it right!

Add in a new offensive system which, hopefully, can start to replicate the offensive success that the Cheats have been able to employ for years (without the cheating, of course)?

Dude, I get that we have talent holes all over the roster; Grigson screwed the team big time.

But a 2016 Andrew Luck (injury and all) would have taken the 3-13 2017 Colts and turned them, by himself as the only change, into at least a 9 or 10 win team.

Colts losses in 2017 were by:

1, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 7, 12, 14, 20, 27, 28, 35

7 losses by 1 TD or less. Are you telling me that Andrew Luck is not worth 7 points more per game than Jacoby Brissett?

Both in 15 games:

469 attempts / 276 completions / 58.8% / 3,098 yards / 13 TD / 07 INT / 52 sacks / 81.7 QB Rating / 260 rush yards / 4 rush TD / 2017 Brissett
545 attempts / 346 completions / 63.5% / 4,240 yards / 31 TD / 13 INT / 41 sacks / 96.4 QB Rating / 341 rush yards / 2 rush TD / 2016 Luck

You, and no one else outside of a small, tight circle around Luck, has any idea to his injury concerns. To make emphatic statements that he is done or will not recover is just stupid.

Walk Worthy,

No, luck wouldn't have survived the pounding to make this a ten win team.
56 sacks...3.5 per game UNTOLD number of hits.
They beat CLEVELAND by 3...
Decent teams ass raped them at will.

Pez
01-18-2018, 08:40 AM

While my personal opinion is one of bright optimism for Luck's return and a long career to follow, I cant see that the path forward is all that different if he indeed retires.

The OL needs revamped through free agency and through the draft. We need to revamp the offense to get rid of the ball quicker. We need to generate a pass rush, we need to improve at corner, we need to address RB eventually...

None of this really changes if Luck retires, we still have to build a team.

Racehorse
01-18-2018, 09:00 AM
http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/andrew-lucks-recovery-going-exceptionally-well/

For those bringing up Marcus Mariota in Tennessee and the uncertainty with Andrew Luck’s shoulder when talking about McDaniels, I continue to be told Luck’s recovery has been going exceptionally well since returning from Europe

Maniac
01-18-2018, 10:06 AM
He was... may be again... may NOT be. Odds say he wont't
I truthfully hope he is, I like the guy.

BUT with the holes in this team, which are wide, deep and glaring will not be filled this year. Or next perhaps.
Our O-line will get him killed in this division

You keep saying things like he's damaged, surgically repaired, won't ever be the same, etc, but you have yet to understand this simple question from post # 25:

If Luck is as fucked up as you think he is, who the hell is going to trade for him?

Either Luck is damaged goods and will never be the same... or he'll be ready to play. If he's damaged goods as you keep claiming, NO ONE is going to trade for him. He would have no value, so you can't trade him.

If he'll be ready to play as Luck himself suggests, then trading a healthy Luck is just moronic.

1965southpaw
01-18-2018, 10:56 AM
http://www.indianasportscoverage.com/andrew-lucks-recovery-going-exceptionally-well/

Both Mike Wells and Mike Chappell have been on The Fan this week saying they are hearing Luck is doing exceptionally well. I didn't post this because that's all they heard and they couldn't say whether that means he's throwing and doing well or just that he feels good (no pain) but hasn't started testing the shoulder. I know there are many that think anything coming from Colts organiazation about Luck is propaganda unless there is video so take it for what it is.......

testcase448
01-18-2018, 11:26 AM
You keep saying things like he's damaged, surgically repaired, won't ever be the same, etc, but you have yet to understand this simple question from post # 25:

Either Luck is damaged goods and will never be the same... or he'll be ready to play. If he's damaged goods as you keep claiming, NO ONE is going to trade for him. He would have no value, so you can't trade him.

If he'll be ready to play as Luck himself suggests, then trading a healthy Luck is just moronic.

I understand the question, it's pretty stupid so I ignored it.

But if he isn't damaged... IF... this team isn't going to need a franchise QB for a couple years because it lacks the talent to go very far.
While this team rebuilds he will be battered to pieces...
An alternative, provided someone would offer a lot, trade, build a team more quickly with the trades or picks, find a QB...

testcase448
01-18-2018, 11:27 AM
Both Mike Wells and Mike Chappell have been on The Fan this week saying they are hearing Luck is doing exceptionally well. I didn't post this because that's all they heard and they couldn't say whether that means he's throwing and doing well or just that he feels good (no pain) but hasn't started testing the shoulder. I know there are many that think anything coming from Colts organiazation about Luck is propaganda unless there is video so take it for what it is.......

Could be they're trying to get max trade value...:eek:

Oldcolt
01-18-2018, 11:43 AM
Why does this thread even exist? There is zero chance of this happening.

1965southpaw
01-18-2018, 12:36 PM

You must have a really low opinion of the collective IQ of the other 31 team's front offices. :cool:

testcase448
01-18-2018, 01:19 PM
You must have a really low opinion of the collective IQ of the other 31 team's front offices. :cool:

lol, maybe.
But there are a few just that stupid. Ours as an example... At least pre Ballard

testcase448
01-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Why does this thread even exist? There is zero chance of this happening.

A couple reasons..
It's an interesting idea, it's outside the sheep flock think so often exhibited

It's a slow news day...

Some around here can use the mental exercise...

DrSpaceman
01-18-2018, 01:25 PM

Walk Worthy,

BB could still win and the team would still be good if Brady retired today. Within 2 years they would be back in the AFC title game

CArson Wentz was the driving force behind the Eagles top seed and great season. First round pick

Case Keenum isn't in the NFC championship if not for an awful play by a safety.

It is an odd mix of QBs this year in the playoffs, but I think its a fluke more than anything. I would not expect it to be the norm from now on.

In the AFC, since 2002, its been a HOF QB in the SB except for a few years. Roethlisberger, Brady, Manning have been it in like 14 of the last 16 years.

Racehorse
01-18-2018, 02:22 PM

Let me type it slow for you:

If
he
fails
a
physical
there
can
be