PDA

View Full Version : FYI Press Conference 4pm Ballard/Irsay

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 02:53 PM
Season ending press conference with Owner & CEO Jim Irsay and General Manager Chris Ballard will take place at 4PM today.
Will stream the press conference live via the #Colts Twitter, Facebook and mobile app.

Probably just be the time to move on obligitory regime change speak. I don't expect much this soon :cool:

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 05:05 PM
http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/LIVE-Season-Ending-Press-Conference-1118/4e64cf03-b6ba-49a3-88f6-ec035c28f4a0

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Irsay looks frail as hell :eek:

RCAChainGang
01-01-2018, 05:43 PM
My god does Irsay ramble.

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 05:48 PM
Did Jim Irsay just tip his draft preference for Penn State RB Saquon Barkley? Mentions putting "an Edgerrin James type" with Andrew Luck.

:cool:

GoBigBlue88
01-01-2018, 05:53 PM
Recap: Jim Irsay is still fucking insane.

Dewey 5
01-01-2018, 06:00 PM
Did Jim Irsay just tip his draft preference for Penn State RB Saquon Barkley? Mentions putting "an Edgerrin James type" with Andrew Luck.

I would like to think he's bluffing to increase the potential for trade opportunities for multiple picks but with him, who the fuck knows?

I just wish he wouldn't say anything at all.

ChoppedWood
01-01-2018, 06:23 PM

All that's being talked about on radio right now- thinking we are going after Barkley.

Either a complete smoke screen or that dude truly can't accept the fucking reality that his team has more hole than a pack of fucking Kroger brand swiss cheese!

He's living in the past, he wants another triplets situation here.

Hey Jim- ever hear of Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney? Guess what, they aren't on this fucking roster!

I love Barkley's game, if we draft him, I am going to find a way to punch Irsay in the dick!

Either better be a mauling fucking monster to block or a guy that devours QBs with menacing regularity. Anything else and fuck everyone in this organization!

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 07:16 PM
Recap: Jim Irsay is still fucking insane.

yep

i find it endearing

Gimmick
01-01-2018, 08:25 PM

If the Colts pick a RB then Andrew Luck's championship contending days are over. Forever.

The guy running the show in Indy is a complete ****ing idiot when it comes to football. Running back is just about the least valuable position in the modern NFL. His franchise QB has been killed over and over again for years. There is virtually no pass rush. But let's keep drafting RBs and Wide Receivers and Tight Ends. :cool::eek:

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 08:44 PM
If the Colts pick a RB then Andrew Luck's championship contending days are over. Forever.

The guy running the show in Indy is a complete ****ing idiot when it comes to football. Running back is just about the least valuable position in the modern NFL. His franchise QB has been killed over and over again for years. There is virtually no pass rush. But let's keep drafting RBs and Wide Receivers and Tight Ends. :cool::eek:

Barkley is a hell of a back, but behind our line he is 3.0 ypc. I want all big ugly basterds every pick offensive line and rush/inside linebackers ... :cool:

Butter
01-01-2018, 10:26 PM
Barkley is a hell of a back, but behind our line he is 3.0 ypc. I want all big ugly basterds every pick offensive line and rush/inside linebackers ... :cool:

I do think Barkley would do better than 3.0, but I agree with with you desire for picks. Hopefully, some team wants the number 3 and we can trade down and fix many holes.

VeveJones007
01-01-2018, 10:31 PM

RB is still a valuable position; it’s just that the supply is so good that you don’t have to draft one early. Just look at Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara. Those guys made a huge difference for their teams this year and were drafted in the 3rd round. That’s how you do it in today’s NFL.

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 11:01 PM
I do think Barkley would do better than 3.0, but I agree with with you desire for picks. Hopefully, some team wants the number 3 and we can trade down and fix many holes.

Probably true, just showing my true disdain for our really offensive line :cool:

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Probably true, just showing my true disdain for our really offensive line :cool:

I'm reluctant to even try to grade the offensive line, until I can see them in a modern offensive system, with coaches other than Pagano, Chudzinski and Philbin.

DrSpaceman
01-01-2018, 11:14 PM
NO a million times to a first round RB.

But on the topic of RB, I wouldn't mind making a run at Dion Lewis to upgrade the position. Free agent this year.

Indiana V2
01-01-2018, 11:55 PM
Irsay looks frail as hell :eek:

He looks and walks like my grandfather...and my grandfather is 97 years old!

Indiana V2
01-02-2018, 12:00 AM
NO a million times to a first round RB.

But on the topic of RB, I wouldn't mind making a run at Dion Lewis to upgrade the position. Free agent this year.

Lewis was with the Colts the year before he went to the Patriots.

Indiana V2
01-02-2018, 12:13 AM
I would like to think he's bluffing to increase the potential for trade opportunities for multiple picks but with him, who the fuck knows?

I just wish he wouldn't say anything at all.

I could see the Colts trading back to acquire more picks, Irsay talked about the value of getting more picks with the 3rd pick.

Instead of drafting Barkley they could trade back and draft Nick Chubb and Calvin Ridley...lol...

jasperhobbs
01-02-2018, 08:10 AM
I expect the colts to fill some holes via free agency.

njcoltfan
01-02-2018, 08:59 AM

The Browns have the 1st and 4th ( from Houston) picks in the draft. They will draft Barkley with the first pick and still get a franchise QB with the fourth.

Racehorse
01-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Instead of Barkley, I would hope Chubb out of Georgia would fall to the third round.

smitty46953
01-02-2018, 10:36 AM
The Browns have the 1st and 4th ( from Houston) picks in the draft. They will draft Barkley with the first pick and still get a franchise QB with the fourth.

I hope you are correct and Colts can trade down for more picks and fix the O Line :cool:

Oldcolt
01-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Get an impact player, I don't care where he plays. Given what this team is if I had a choice it would be offensive line but I'm not sure that there is anyone other than Nelson who is worth such a high pick. I'd love to trade with the Bronco's or Jets (both need a qb) and pick whoever is left of Chubb, Nelson or Barkley. If Cleveland get cute and takes Barkley first then we really should trade back.

njcoltfan
01-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Get an impact player, I don't care where he plays. Given what this team is if I had a choice it would be offensive line but I'm not sure that there is anyone other than Nelson who is worth such a high pick. I'd love to trade with the Bronco's or Jets (both need a qb) and pick whoever is left of Chubb, Nelson or Barkley. If Cleveland get cute and takes Barkley first then we really should trade back.

To me Cleveland drafting Barkley would not be being cute, it would be the right thing to do! They get the premier running back and one of the best QBs in the draft!!

HoosierinFL
01-02-2018, 12:34 PM
This might be a gamble, but I would like to see another UCF player on this defense: LB Shaquem Griffin.
UCF is the only team I have watched enough to say anything about any college players (cuz that's where I work, and I only live a mile from campus and have been to the games).
But Griffin is reported to be a natural leader, esp in practice. And when you watch him play he passes the eye test, he's fast, has great instinct, sniffs out plays and is in on pretty much every play. Consistently gets pressure on the QB, makes tackles in the open field, sniffs out screen passes. He was a dominant force in the Peach Bowl win vs. Auburn. He's relentless as an edge rusher.
He could be a 1st round pick, maybe 2nd, except for one big thing: he has no left hand!
I think he'll likely fall to the 4th or 5th round because teams aren't gonna want to take a chance on a guy who is challenged on things like wrapping up, catching the ball, basically anything in football where you need 2 hands. But I think he'll be a steal for whoever decides to take him.
Here's one highlight reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6PfGB6eA

Some Peachbowl highlights (his number is 18)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2fOaUkTpI
At 1:55 you can see Griffin getting into the backfield to disrupt the handoff, results in a fumble return, and Griffin ends up laying a nasty block that springs the return for big yards.
At 2:25 Griffin plows his way past the blocks to get a big sack.
At 3:10, he is slightly held on his edge rush, flushes the QB out of the pocket who then made a great pass
One bad play: at 3:35 he hesitates for some reason and ends up unable to tackle the RB, giving up a TD.
At 5:45, watch Griffin race across the middle to chase down the scrambling QB to make the tackle for short gain.
At 6:10 Griffin speeds past the LT to collapse the pocket, forces the bad throw that results in the game sealing interception.

Here's another highlight reel where you get a nice view on him in pass coverage, even coming up with an interception:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jFL3W1Z7E
(also lots of forced fumbles and nice spin moves in that clip)

We need this guy!

Coltsalr
01-02-2018, 12:40 PM
This might be a gamble, but I would like to see another UCF player on this defense: LB Shaquem Griffin.
UCF is the only team I have watched enough to say anything about any college players (cuz that's where I work, and I only live a mile from campus and have been to the games).
But Griffin is reported to be a natural leader, esp in practice. And when you watch him play he passes the eye test, he's fast, has great instinct, sniffs out plays and is in on pretty much every play. Consistently gets pressure on the QB, makes tackles in the open field, sniffs out screen passes. He was a dominant force in the Peach Bowl win vs. Auburn. He's relentless as an edge rusher.
He could be a 1st round pick, maybe 2nd, except for one big thing: he has no left hand!
I think he'll likely fall to the 4th or 5th round because teams aren't gonna want to take a chance on a guy who is challenged on things like wrapping up, catching the ball, basically anything in football where you need 2 hands. But I think he'll be a steal for whoever decides to take him.
Here's one highlight reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MN6PfGB6eA

Some Peachbowl highlights (his number is 18)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2fOaUkTpI
At 1:55 you can see Griffin getting into the backfield to disrupt the handoff, results in a fumble return, and Griffin ends up laying a nasty block that springs the return for big yards.
At 2:25 Griffin plows his way past the blocks to get a big sack.
At 3:10, he is slightly held on his edge rush, flushes the QB out of the pocket who then made a great pass
One bad play: at 3:35 he hesitates for some reason and ends up unable to tackle the RB, giving up a TD.
At 5:45, watch Griffin race across the middle to chase down the scrambling QB to make the tackle for short gain.
At 6:10 Griffin speeds past the LT to collapse the pocket, forces the bad throw that results in the game sealing interception.

Here's another highlight reel where you get a nice view on him in pass coverage, even coming up with an interception:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jFL3W1Z7E
(also lots of forced fumbles and nice spin moves in that clip)

We need this guy!

I liked his brother that also came out of UCF last year and he's had a pretty nice year for the Seahawks from what I understand.

They were saying at the time last year to keep an eye on his brother this year at UCF. I didn't watch too much UCF football this year, but I'll study up during draft time and I'm sure I'll be impressed by him, particularly as a mid-round pick.