It's official

Dewey 5
12-31-2017, 06:38 PM
Good. Finally. Now Ballard better get the right guy
Tom Cable is not the right guy

Spike
12-31-2017, 06:43 PM
It's official

Great New Years Eve news. Ballard couldn't wait until Black Monday to get rid of his sorry ass. I also agree, no to fucking Cable.

sherck
12-31-2017, 06:43 PM
Good.

Now I have to find a new signature.

Suggestions?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GoBigBlue88
12-31-2017, 06:46 PM
Not going to dance on his grave. After all, that's Dampballin's father we're talking about.

smitty46953
12-31-2017, 06:46 PM
http://fox59.com/2017/12/31/indianapolis-colts-fire-head-coach-chuck-pagano/

:cool:

omahacolt
12-31-2017, 06:47 PM
Good.

Now I have to find a new signature.

Suggestions?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why wouldnt you just make it "walk worthy" so you don't have to type that dumb shit every time.

smitty46953
12-31-2017, 06:48 PM
Not going to dance on his grave. After all, that's Dampballin's father we're talking about.

Dammy hasn't been back posting since HoosierInFla handed him his ass ... Kinda funny kid has no balls ... :cool:

albany ed
12-31-2017, 06:55 PM
I thought he was a bad coach/nice guy. Happy he's gone, but wish him well. Not a huge difference between 2nd and 3rd draft choice, so I guess I'm happy he went out with a win.

omahacolt
12-31-2017, 06:56 PM
Dammy hasn't been back posting since HoosierInFla handed him his ass ... Kinda funny kid has no balls ... :cool:

Always knew he was a bitch

bertjones
12-31-2017, 06:57 PM
Good, I'm glad we didn't have to wait until Monday. I don't have any
malice towards Pagano. By all accounts he is a good man and is a leukemia
survivor. He's just a classic example of the Peter principle at work.
LOT of work to do, this is the first step.

smitty46953
12-31-2017, 07:02 PM
Chuck Pagano and Jim Irsay Post Game Victory Speech

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/Chuck-Pagano-and-Jim-Irsay-Post-Game-Victory-Speech/4e905b51-8117-490b-b12d-40f915d4b5b7

Oh and Chuck can I see you in my office ... :cool:

Luck4Reich
12-31-2017, 07:04 PM
Awesome! A reason to drink to.

Oh wait he gave me a reason to drink every Sunday...

Now can drink and smile:D

smitty46953
12-31-2017, 07:05 PM

Hahaha must be :cool:

dwilli57
12-31-2017, 07:08 PM
I've been waiting to see this post for 3 fucking years.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

smitty46953
12-31-2017, 07:11 PM

Didn't even wait for Black Monday ... :cool:

Thorgrim
12-31-2017, 07:15 PM

My only wish is that you were posting this in October. A lot of wasted player development opportunities.

YDFL Commish
12-31-2017, 07:19 PM
Any feelings on if this was an Irsay decision, a Ballard decision, or a collaborative decision?

omahacolt
12-31-2017, 07:25 PM
Any feelings on if this was an Irsay decision, a Ballard decision, or a collaborative decision?

It was the only decision

Everyone in the world (minus two people) could see he was terrible

YDFL Commish
12-31-2017, 07:30 PM
It was the only decision

It was the only decision 2 years ago as well, and Irsay failed to make it. So, did he finally see what the rest of us saw?

Thorgrim
12-31-2017, 07:33 PM
It was the only decision

Yes, everyone except Pags himself and some dude here with multiple screen names.

Luck4Reich
12-31-2017, 07:34 PM
It was the only decision

Yep, only dumb and dumber thought he should remain.

Racehorse
12-31-2017, 07:54 PM

Because it would be a bad start to the new year to have him as coach for even a minute of it.

Dam8610
12-31-2017, 07:55 PM
No surprise. Wish Pagano the best. Hope the Colts end up with a better coach. The next couple of months hold decisions that could define Ballard's career, the most important of which will be the #3 overall pick.

You're funny. I decided to stop trying to have a discussion with people spoiling for a fight. There were valid counterpoints to be made, but I decided to spend my time more constructively than to continue making them to a group that clearly wasn't listening nor interested in listening. Hopefully this board will return to sanity now that your collective pet project has happened.

No, just decided that there were more constructive things to do with my time than make a fact based argument to the anti-Pagano tribe on this board. We'll see what happens from here.

IndyNorm
12-31-2017, 07:59 PM
It's about fucking time Irsay came to his senses!! Now hoping he doesn't make the same mistake again and hires someone competent.

Luck4Reich
12-31-2017, 08:09 PM
Because it would be a bad start to the new year to have him as coach for even a minute of it.

Yeah, we’ve had enough bad starts to the new year.

omahacolt
12-31-2017, 08:16 PM
No surprise. Wish Pagano the best. Hope the Colts end up with a better coach. The next couple of months hold decisions that could define Ballard's career, the most important of which will be the #3 overall pick.

You're funny. I decided to stop trying to have a discussion with people spoiling for a fight. There were valid counterpoints to be made, but I decided to spend my time more constructively than to continue making them to a group that clearly wasn't listening nor interested in listening. Hopefully this board will return to sanity now that your collective pet project has happened.

No, just decided that there were more constructive things to do with my time than make a fact based argument to the anti-Pagano tribe on this board. We'll see what happens from here.
Nope

You made no valid argument. Our case was made on the field. Years worth of proof you ignored.

Dam8610
12-31-2017, 08:18 PM
Nope

You made no valid argument. Our case was made on the field. Years worth of proof you ignored.

We disagree, that's been established. It's over now, I'm not discussing it anymore. Move on.

omahacolt
12-31-2017, 08:25 PM
We disagree, that's been established. It's over now, I'm not discussing it anymore. Move on.

You were wrong about him. You can admit it. Or a normal man could.

The entire world knows you were wrong.

Puck
12-31-2017, 08:29 PM

Welcome back

Luck4Reich
12-31-2017, 08:36 PM
Pulled your head out of apballin’s ass long enough to make a post I see?

Or was it the other way around?

Brylok
12-31-2017, 08:46 PM
Goodbye, Chuck Pagano!
Don't screw this up Irsay & Ballard. The franchise may hang in the balance.

Hoopsdoc
12-31-2017, 08:54 PM

In all seriousness, it IS three years late. Tough to think of where we'd be now had he been canned when he should have.

Glad it's done though. Chop all the wood you want now, you maggot.

Hoopsdoc
12-31-2017, 08:56 PM

I don't blame you for stepping away. I never agreed with you on Pagano, but if you truly felt he wasn't the biggest obstacle, I can see why you'd get frustrated here.

Fresh slate, as far as I'm concerned.

nate505
12-31-2017, 08:59 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/8nI6JULv4hNja/giphy.gif

Indiana V2
12-31-2017, 10:54 PM
Good guy, great cancer survivor, not a good coach, glad he's been fired, time to look forward to the offseason, a new coach, free agents, and the draft.

Thorgrim
12-31-2017, 11:17 PM
Goodbye, Chuck Pagano!
Don't screw this up Irsay & Ballard. The franchise may hang in the balance.

Agreed. It's unlikely that many, if any, current NFL coaches could have done less than Pagano did with this years team but there is potential for a worse hire. I just hope that this decision will be made with heavy influence from Ballard and not just based on Irsays compromised mental acuity.

Big Smooth
12-31-2017, 11:23 PM
https://goo.gl/images/ibMK4P

Happy New Year's gentlemen!!!!

Oldcolt
12-31-2017, 11:36 PM
Ever since he allowed all his asst coaches take his fall I have not been on the band wagon of "great guy, lousy couch". I am on the "crappy human being, worse coach" side. A weasel who never took any responsability, pretending to "have the buck stop here" in a passive/aggressive way that left the blame everywhere but with him. Players liked him, in my opinion, because like he did himself, he held nobody accountable. Good riddance to the shithead. Go Ballard. Get us a real leader.

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 12:22 AM
Ever since he allowed all his asst coaches take his fall I have not been on the band wagon of "great guy, lousy couch". I am on the "crappy human being, worse coach" side. A weasel who never took any responsability, pretending to "have the buck stop here" in a passive/aggressive way that left the blame everywhere but with him. Players liked him, in my opinion, because like he did himself, he held nobody accountable. Good riddance to the shithead. Go Ballard. Get us a real leader.

I couldn't have explained it better. I'm just gonna leave it at that.

FatDT
01-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Welcome back? No. Fuck you Dam. You were wrong admit it. Or just fuck off. I'm kinda drunk. Bye Pagano. Happy new year

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 01:45 AM
Welcome back? No. Fuck you Dam. You were wrong admit it. Or just fuck off. I'm kinda drunk. Bye Pagano. Happy new year

Dam is a bitch. He won't admit he is wrong.

Racehorse
01-01-2018, 02:03 AM
Meh, if Dam wants to return, who cares? The problem is gone.

Mr. Session
01-01-2018, 11:31 AM
Meh, if Dam wants to return, who cares? The problem is gone.

Yeah, I don't get why folks are taking it personal.

I mean, I got 99 problems, but...

Big Smooth
01-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Dam refuses to eat any crow, typical. Just came back as annoying and up his own ass as ever. I look forward to his future here, gonna be fun.

HoosierinFL
01-01-2018, 12:33 PM
In Dam's logic, coaches don't account for anything. They either have good players or bad players, and that's what determines success.

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I don't get why folks are taking it personal.

I mean, I got 99 problems, but...

does anyone ever take anything personal here?

when a dude is wrong, everyone knows he is wrong, but refuses to admit to being wrong, he is a bitch.

that isn't personal. that is just a simple fact

ChoppedWood
01-01-2018, 01:04 PM
Fuck Dam. He has no credibility, none.

He got owned by facts that humiliated him and he ran and hid like a punk.

I doubt he'll ever watch the Colts again now that his dad is unemployed because of all these shitty players that failed him.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 02:27 PM
Wow, the butthurt is strong here. Amazing how few of you can handle a difference of opinion. You all finally got your way, why are you still crying?

Colt Classic
01-01-2018, 02:54 PM
Wow, the butthurt is strong here. Amazing how few of you can handle a difference of opinion. You all finally got your way, why are you still crying?

Welcome back, Kotter.

Gimmick
01-01-2018, 04:44 PM
I was the first one who started the Fire Pagano bandwagon a few years ago.
This day was long overdue.

However, I think they could have waited until Monday morning.

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 05:03 PM

Nah, why make him drive back to facility ... :cool:

Colts And Orioles
01-01-2018, 05:19 PM

However, I think they could have waited until Monday morning to make the announcement.

o

In most cases, I would agree with this.

However, I believe that this particular case has extenuating circumstances.

Considering how long that Colts fans were made to endure this clod of a head coach on the team's sidelines, I think that it would be much more unfair to make them wait an additional day to know that it was official ........ so, announcing it immediately after the conclusion of yesterday's game was the least that Irsay could do for his loyal fan base.

o

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 05:38 PM

i highly doubt you started the fire pagano talk.

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 05:39 PM
Nah, why make him drive back to facility ... :cool:

also it sure did seem like it was pretty much decided before the game and pagano knew it.

no need to not pull the bandaid off quickly

Oldcolt
01-01-2018, 05:58 PM
One silver lining of how damn long it took to fire Pagano. The next hire must know he will get a fair chance and then some to prove his worth

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 06:08 PM
One silver lining of how damn long it took to fire Pagano. The next hire must know he will get a fair chance and then some to prove his worth

Not with me he wont. This team better be a double digit winner in 2018.

Colts And Orioles
01-01-2018, 06:12 PM

o

Another potential silver lining is the timing/fate of it all.

In the event that the Colts get Harbaugh (or another solid head coach) to come on board for 2018 and beyond, it is quite possible that the Colts would now have a coach who is better than Pagano (who isn't?), but not as good as Harbaugh and/or another good head coach if they had fired Pagano sooner than they did.

Somewhat similar to the Orioles' manager situation working out for them in the long run when Joe Girardi turned down their offer in 2007. Had Girardi come on board when the Orioles asked him to, they probably would never have wound up with Buck Showalter several years later.

I wanted Pagano fired sooner than he was, just as almost every Colts fan that hasn't been living on the moon wanted ........ but if the Colts wind up with a very good head coach (instead of just a pretty good head coach), then it will ease the pain of what we have had to endure with Pagano over the last 3 seasons.

o

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 07:15 PM
o

Another potential silver lining is the timing/fate of it all.

In the event that the Colts get Harbaugh (or another solid head coach) to come on board for 2018 and beyond, it is quite possible that the Colts would now have a coach who is better than Pagano (who isn't?), but not as good as Harbaugh and/or another good head coach if they had fired Pagano sooner than they did.

Somewhat similar to the Orioles' manager situation working out for them in the long run when Joe Girardi turned down their offer in 2007. Had Girardi come on board when the Orioles asked him to, they probably would never have wound up with Buck Showalter several years later.

I wanted Pagano fired sooner than he was, just as almost every Colts fan that hasn't been living on the moon wanted ........ but if the Colts wind up with a very good head coach (instead of just a pretty good head coach), then it will ease the pain of what we have had to endure with Pagano over the last 3 seasons.

o
thanks for throwing in that orioles tidbit in there. that was so interesting. and we all care so much

Colts And Orioles
01-01-2018, 07:25 PM
thanks for throwing in that orioles tidbit in there. that was so interesting. and we all care so much

o

You're welcome.

I don't care at all about soccer, but if somebody made a relevant analogy about a situation in that sport in regard/comparison to a situation with the Colts, I would appreciate it.

o

Gimmick
01-01-2018, 08:10 PM
also it sure did seem like it was pretty much decided before the game and pagano knew it.

no need to not pull the bandaid off quickly

If the whole thing ended bitterly, then sure fire the guy right away. But judging by the way Irsay gave him the gameball at the end of the game, and what he said in the press release, I think it would have been better form to let Pagano have his one last day and then do what had to be done first thing Monday morning. If I were an owner I would reserve Sunday firings for guys who pissed me off and I want to run out of town.

DrSpaceman
01-01-2018, 11:29 PM
If the whole thing ended bitterly, then sure fire the guy right away. But judging by the way Irsay gave him the gameball at the end of the game, and what he said in the press release, I think it would have been better form to let Pagano have his one last day and then do what had to be done first thing Monday morning. If I were an owner I would reserve Sunday firings for guys who pissed me off and I want to run out of town.

No, I would not. Big mistake

Do it as early as possible, start calling guys you want to interview and start the process of finding a new coach as soon as possible before 7 or 8 other teams fire guys and start inrerviews too

Irsay certainly has his faults as owner, we all know that, but this is not one I am criticizing him for. Pagano was lucky to make it through the season. I would have walked up to him as he was leaving the field and fired him

The post game and the locker room stuff was thank Pagano for his past service and saying goodbye, nothing more.

Indiana V2
01-02-2018, 12:16 AM
So glad Pagano is gone, good human being, but held back Luck and the Colts franchise as HC. Hope has been restored, and can actually look forward to next season.

smitty46953
01-02-2018, 08:28 PM
The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens would like ex-Colts coach Chuck Pagano to replace the retiring Dean Pees as defensive coordinator.

The Ravens' DBs coach from 2008-10, Pagano spent one year as coordinator before being hired by the Colts. Pees was the coordinator for the entire intervening six years. Pagano's Colts defenses weren't much to call home about, but personnel issues were an annual theme.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter :cool:

albany ed
01-03-2018, 08:13 AM
The Baltimore Sun reports the Ravens would like ex-Colts coach Chuck Pagano to replace the retiring Dean Pees as defensive coordinator.

The Ravens' DBs coach from 2008-10, Pagano spent one year as coordinator before being hired by the Colts. Pees was the coordinator for the entire intervening six years. Pagano's Colts defenses weren't much to call home about, but personnel issues were an annual theme.

Source: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter :cool:

This makes sense. Peter principal. He was not nor will he ever be HC material, but as an assistant?

apballin
01-03-2018, 10:46 PM
He's not a bad coach I'm standing by that

he was set up for failure this season

YDFL Commish
01-03-2018, 11:27 PM
It's ok to be delusional. Just check in with Dammy and get some of what he's taking for that.

omahacolt
01-04-2018, 06:55 AM

Stand by it all you want. There is clear evidence that you are wrong. You just look like a retarded fanboy

Pez
01-04-2018, 07:49 AM

Are you talking about Pags?

Luck4Reich
01-04-2018, 10:13 AM

You and Dam standing by Pags makes instant 3 Stooges.:cool:

nate505
01-06-2018, 04:59 PM

Well then some team should swoop down and pick him up to be their head coach.

I remember that being the insane rationale by some as to why he wasn't fired last year. "Someone ELSE might get him!!"

Racehorse
01-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Well then some team should swoop down and pick him up to be their head coach.

I remember that being the insane rationale by some as to why he wasn't fired last year. "Someone ELSE might get him!!"

I have not even heard anyone interviewing him, except the Ratbirds needing a DC. Looks like they were all wrong about someone else swooping him up.

Spike
01-06-2018, 05:43 PM

Yeah, yeah he is.

apballin
01-06-2018, 09:23 PM
Record speaks for itself

Racehorse
01-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Record speaks for itself

800-12 scored against in the 4th quarter? Yep, I agree with you.

apballin
01-06-2018, 09:35 PM
800-12 scored against in the 4th quarter? Yep, I agree with you.

53-43 that's counting this seasons bullshit

.500 playoff record

Puck
01-06-2018, 09:52 PM
You are really a slow learner.

Racehorse
01-06-2018, 09:52 PM
53-43 that's counting this seasons bullshit

.500 playoff record

With a downward spiral after three years. Clearly, the guy regressed over time and had to go.

11-5
11-5
11-5
8-8
8-8
4-12

Had he gotten another year, he would have made us into the Cleveland Browns, putting his record below .500. Thank the Lord he is gone!

FatDT
01-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Record doesn't matter. How did the team win? By playing bad teams, and by Luck overcoming bad coaching in the 4th.

ChoppedWood
01-06-2018, 10:27 PM
With a downward spiral after three years. Clearly, the guy regressed over time and had to go.

11-5
11-5
11-5
8-8
8-8
4-12

Had he gotten another year, he would have made us into the Cleveland Browns, putting his record below .500. Thank the Lord he is gone!

Race, I get all this weird record stuff, but that's sort of subjective. Can you please do the research and tell us what his variance was- because that, that right there is a solid fucking quantitative barometer my friend!

DrSpaceman
01-06-2018, 11:22 PM
He was not even 11-5 in the first season. Most of that was Arians.

He is more like 44-40 overall if you take out what arians did the first season.

Luck4Reich
01-06-2018, 11:51 PM
You are really a slow learner.

Nope he’s just slow... no learning there.

IndyNorm
01-07-2018, 01:41 AM
He was not even 11-5 in the first season. Most of that was Arians.

He is more like 44-40 overall if you take out what arians did the first season.

That's a little fact that Dam and ap seem to ignore. Clappy was actually 2-3 in his first year including the loss in the playoffs.

Luck4Reich
01-07-2018, 09:53 AM
That's a little fact that Dam and ap seem to ignore. Clappy was actually 2-3 in his first year including the loss in the playoffs.

Also fortunate to play 6 games a year to teams in by far the worst division in the NFL for what the last 3-4 years.

smitty46953
01-07-2018, 11:09 AM
Also fortunate to play 6 games a year to teams in by far the worst division in the NFL for what the last 3-4 years.

Exactly ... :cool:

FatDT
01-07-2018, 01:17 PM

Compound that with all the games where the offensive gamelan went from running Pep's shitty plays to "Luck please save us". 4-12 is about right for Pagano. He's a 2 to 6 win HC without a super star QB.

Dam8610
01-07-2018, 01:54 PM
He's a 2 to 6 win HC without a super star QB.

That describes most head coaches in the NFL.

Racehorse
01-07-2018, 02:06 PM

Explain Marrone and Bortles

Coltsalr
01-07-2018, 02:26 PM
Explain Marrone and Bortles

McDermott and Taylor on the other sideline are also awaiting explanation.

Luck4Reich
01-07-2018, 02:27 PM

You are just a turd that won’t flush aren’t you:rolleyes:

Racehorse
01-07-2018, 02:38 PM
McDermott and Taylor on the other sideline are also awaiting explanation.

Exactly! Mularkey with Mariotta is not really a coach with a stud QB, either.

Luck4Reich
01-07-2018, 03:26 PM

So how the hell did those coaches make it to the Super Bowl with the likes of Trent Dilfer, Neil O’Donnell, Jeff Hostetler , Stan Humphrey, Tony Eason, Kerry Collins and Rex Grossman to name a few? There is a shit ton of Coaches that have made it deep into the playoffs and even to the Super Bowl with mediocre QBs. You have no more excuses for the Suckitude that Pagano is as a coach.

Racehorse
01-07-2018, 04:14 PM

Does this site have an "ignore" feature?

Coltsalr
01-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Exactly! Mularkey with Mariotta is not really a coach with a stud QB, either.

Zimmer is currently trotting Case Keenum out there...

McVay, a first year coach, had Goff yesterday...

Andy Reid and Alex Smith yesterday as well...

apballin
01-08-2018, 12:31 AM
So how the hell did those coaches make it to the Super Bowl with the likes of Trent Dilfer, Neil O’Donnell, Jeff Hostetler , Stan Humphrey, Tony Eason, Kerry Collins and Rex Grossman to name a few? There is a shit ton of Coaches that have made it deep into the playoffs and even to the Super Bowl with mediocre QBs. You have no more excuses for the Suckitude that Pagano is as a coach.

All had great defenses

apballin
01-08-2018, 12:34 AM
Zimmer is currently trotting Case Keenum out there...

McVay, a first year coach, had Goff yesterday...

Andy Reid and Alex Smith yesterday as well...

Again Vikings have a top 5 defense and has been for 5 years

go ahead and Mention Bortles because it's not his stellar play that's gotten the Jags this far

Maniac
01-08-2018, 02:16 AM
Again Vikings have a top 5 defense and has been for 5 years

go ahead and Mention Bortles because it's not his stellar play that's gotten the Jags this far

Hard to build a top defense when your coach is begging your GM to draft guys like TJ Green and bring in free agents like LaRon Landry

apballin
01-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Hard to build a top defense when your coach is begging your GM to draft guys like TJ Green and bring in free agents like LaRon Landry

It wouldn't matter our owner wants offense that's clear, we will never have a shutdown defense

Racehorse
01-09-2018, 09:30 PM
It wouldn't matter our owner wants offense that's clear, we will never have a shutdown defense

It will improve next year with a new HC

Puck
01-09-2018, 09:34 PM

Doesnt matter who the owner wants. The HC should be able to coach anyone on the team..... I know this is a new concept... at least in the last 6 yrs... but you'll get it eventually

DrSpaceman
01-09-2018, 11:49 PM

True

But when that GM is fired and you are still trotting out TJ Green a year later not only as a safety but as a starting corner, which he is even worse at, it makes it even harder.

Gimmick
01-09-2018, 11:50 PM
Pagano was a button clicker and not sharp mentally, and his teams were never sharp either.

He's not the worst coach ever but he's not head coach material. He deserved to be let go.

Gimmick
01-10-2018, 12:02 AM
Some observations about Chuck Pagano:

1. We know him as "clappy" and that's really such a true statement. I watched the Colts-Chiefs playoff game the other day, and when Trent Richardson sloppily fumbled the ball without ever being touch, Pagano literally ran onto the field clapping. Patted Trent on his head and said that's ok don't worry about it. Contrast that to Belichick who lit into his only good running back who fumbled in a playoff game a few years ago and benched him. Told some no-name to get in the game and hold onto the ball.

That was the major problem with Pagano's clubs. He didn't hold anyone accountable and as a result, nobody was sharp. The receivers ran sloppy routes. The running backs didn't take care of the ball. People missed tackles or in Laron Landry's case, never tried to actually tackle a person. Andrew Luck was never pushed (really pushed). Too many mental mistake interceptions where he made the wrong read/poor decision and came off the field banging his helmet saying "my bad". Too many people on special teams who didn't know the rules and got called for penalties like running out of bounds on purpose on a punt that even someone not getting paid at home knows you can't do.

Sloppy ****ing teams over and over again.

2. I've said this before but I have a relative who has ADHD and Chuck Pagano reminds me of him in a lot of ways. The neurons in the brain just fire at random and it's pot-luck whatever decision the guy is going to make. That's how I always felt with Pagano in games. Will he challenge a call or not? Who knows, it depends on whatever random impulse pops into his brain in the moment. 4th down call against the Patriots that everyone laughs about? Same thing.

You just can't have a guy like that running a team. Maybe a great assistant coach. Maybe a great person. But someone who isn't sharp as a tack and always in control of the moment cannot run a team.

3. Chuck Pagano wasn't the worst coach either. He took responsibility for his mistakes and tried to do better. In many cases he did. There are a lot of people in football past Colts coaches and players included who fail to do that. It's a character flaw if you can't admit you screwed up and take responsibility for your actions and try to learn from them and do better. Chuck Pagano deserves credit for not being like that.

Colts moved on from him and it was the right decision. Now let's hope they find the right guy this time.

YDFL Commish
01-10-2018, 12:46 AM

1. We know him as "clappy" and that's really such a true statement. I watched the Colts-Chiefs playoff game the other day, and when Trent Richardson sloppily fumbled the ball without ever being touch, Pagano literally ran onto the field clapping. Patted Trent on his head and said that's ok don't worry about it. Contrast that to Belichick who lit into his only good running back who fumbled in a playoff game a few years ago and benched him. Told some no-name to get in the game and hold onto the ball.

That was the major problem with Pagano's clubs. He didn't hold anyone accountable and as a result, nobody was sharp. The receivers ran sloppy routes. The running backs didn't take care of the ball. People missed tackles or in Laron Landry's case, never tried to actually tackle a person. Andrew Luck was never pushed (really pushed). Too many mental mistake interceptions where he made the wrong read/poor decision and came off the field banging his helmet saying "my bad". Too many people on special teams who didn't know the rules and got called for penalties like running out of bounds on purpose on a punt that even someone not getting paid at home knows you can't do.

2. I've said this before but I have a relative who has ADHD and Chuck Pagano reminds me of him in a lot of ways. The neurons in the brain just fire at random and it's pot-luck whatever decision the guy is going to make. That's how I always felt with Pagano in games. Will he challenge a call or not? Who knows, it depends on whatever random impulse pops into his brain in the moment. 4th down call against the Patriots that everyone laughs about? Same thing.

You just can't have a guy like that running a team. Maybe a great assistant coach. Maybe a great person. But someone who isn't sharp as a tack and always in control of the moment cannot run a team.

3. Chuck Pagano wasn't the worst coach either. He took responsibility for his mistakes and tried to do better. In many cases he did. There are a lot of people in football past Colts coaches and players included who fail to do that. It's a character flaw if you can't admit you screwed up and take responsibility for your actions and try to learn from them and do better. Chuck Pagano deserves credit for not being like that.

Colts moved on from him and it was the right decision. Now let's hope they find the right guy this time.

Excellent post!

Thorgrim
01-10-2018, 11:58 AM

I think you're being generous.

apballin
01-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Doesnt matter who the owner wants. The HC should be able to coach anyone on the team..... I know this is a new concept... at least in the last 6 yrs... but you'll get it eventually

You can only coach what you got

When you pay your QB 100 million your committing to being an offense 1st team

The only chance we had at building a great defense was while Luck was on a rookie contract

omahacolt
01-10-2018, 06:58 PM

The only chance we had at building a great defense was while Luck was on a rookie contract

that is retarded

YDFL Commish
01-10-2018, 08:07 PM
that is retarded

Especially retarded, when we have $80 million in cap space.

Butter
01-10-2018, 09:00 PM

Stop doubling down on stupid.

apballin
01-12-2018, 01:55 PM
that is retarded

Name a team with a 100million dollar QB that has a lockdown/shutdown or even top 5 defense???

I'll wait. . .

Dam8610
01-12-2018, 01:57 PM
Name a team with a 100million dollar QB that has a lockdown/shutdown or even top 5 defense???

I'll wait. . .

Pittsburgh.

apballin
01-12-2018, 02:22 PM
Pittsburgh.

A stable franchise with QB-WR-RB secured for years now that has had the luxury of drafting all defense for 3 years straight

Ok outside of Pitt, Qb's with the big money the teams defense is bottom half of the league. Meanwhile the teams with the QB's on rookie contracts are top 15

When you payout that much money you send the message to the team, fans, everyone we're gonna put up points you are commiting to offense even the guys on that team know it's his team and we rely on him to win the games they're just along for the ride and hoping it leads them to a big contract next time because of the exposure that the 100million dollar QB got them because that's what fans wanna see

Racehorse
01-12-2018, 06:31 PM
A stable franchise with QB-WR-RB secured for years now that has had the luxury of drafting all defense for 3 years straight

Ok outside of Pitt, Qb's with the big money the teams defense is bottom half of the league. Meanwhile the teams with the QB's on rookie contracts are top 15

When you payout that much money you send the message to the team, fans, everyone we're gonna put up points you are commiting to offense even the guys on that team know it's his team and we rely on him to win the games they're just along for the ride and hoping it leads them to a big contract next time because of the exposure that the 100million dollar QB got them because that's what fans wanna see

Well, geez. We should just trade Luck for whatever QB is cheapest, since, you know, coaches and QBs don't matter to you. :eek::eek:

Dam8610
01-12-2018, 06:37 PM

If they can do it, how are they doing it? What can the Colts do to replicate that model to the point that they can have a franchise QB and an elite defense?

apballin
01-13-2018, 01:02 PM
If they can do it, how are they doing it? What can the Colts do to replicate that model to the point that they can have a franchise QB and an elite defense?

Luck has to stay healthy and every pick has to be on defense and yes in 4-5 years we can have a top 5 defense

omahacolt
01-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Luck has to stay healthy and every pick has to be on defense and yes in 4-5 years we can have a top 5 defense

This is simply wrong

YDFL Commish
01-13-2018, 03:01 PM

Who the fuck wants to wait 4-5 years?

FatDT
01-13-2018, 08:22 PM
You can't build a defense in 4-5 years. You have to be patient and wait at least 12. 14 if you want to really do it right.

Puck
01-13-2018, 08:59 PM
You can't build a defense in 4-5 years. You have to be patient and wait at least 12. 14 if you want to really do it right.

HA 14 yrs. yes... but not until after the bye week in yr 13 would you have an idea

njcoltfan
01-14-2018, 08:50 AM

Don't hire Pagano or Grigson, wait its to late for that.....

DrSpaceman
01-14-2018, 03:08 PM
$100 million QBs are commonplace in this league now. That is typical starter money, $20-25 million a year.

Dam8610
01-14-2018, 04:28 PM
Don't hire Pagano or Grigson, wait its to late for that.....

So since neither of them are here now, how would they go about doing it? McDaniels certainly isn't the answer.

FatDT
01-14-2018, 04:45 PM
So since neither of them are here now, how would they go about doing it? McDaniels certainly isn't the answer.

You have no idea what the answer is or what a coach even does in the NFL so your opinion doesn't matter.

omahacolt
01-14-2018, 05:42 PM
You have no idea what the answer is or what a coach even does in the NFL so your opinion doesn't matter.

They stand there and clap. That is all. If a coach does that then dam likes him.

Dam8610
01-14-2018, 06:24 PM

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.

If you want my answer, it's great scouting and drafting. It's the common thread of every consistently good franchise. Coming away from each draft with at least two quality starters is crucial, and the more that can be found per draft, the better. Supplementing through free agency should be minimal, and rarely with high dollar contracts. Good coaching helps, but Mike Tomlin proves every year that an average coach with a great scouting department and the support of the franchise can deliver great results. Mike McCarthy has proven that in every one of Aaron Rodgers's healthy years as well. Consistency in coaching also seems to be more important than quality. But no head coach will make your team a contender without a good scouting department behind them and at least one of: a franchise QB and an elite defense, and preferably both.

omahacolt
01-14-2018, 06:52 PM

If you want my answer, it's great scouting and drafting. It's the common thread of every consistently good franchise. Coming away from each draft with at least two quality starters is crucial, and the more that can be found per draft, the better. Supplementing through free agency should be minimal, and rarely with high dollar contracts. Good coaching helps, but Mike Tomlin proves every year that an average coach with a great scouting department and the support of the franchise can deliver great results. Mike McCarthy has proven that in every one of Aaron Rodgers's healthy years as well. Consistency in coaching also seems to be more important than quality. But no head coach will make your team a contender without a good scouting department behind them and at least one of: a franchise QB and an elite defense, and preferably both.
Marvin Lewis and the bengals

Dam8610
01-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Marvin Lewis and the bengals

Not quite sure what your point is here. Lewis is an example of a good head coach who has been stunted by the lack of a scouting department in his organization. That's probably why they never fire him, Mike Brown knows it's his fault that the team on the field isn't producing when it isn't.

Puck
01-14-2018, 08:18 PM
Not quite sure what your point is here. Lewis is an example of a good head coach who has been stunted by the lack of a scouting department in his organization. That's probably why they never fire him, Mike Brown knows it's his fault that the team on the field isn't producing when it isn't.

He's a good coach? He's a good coach? HE HAS NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!!

0-7

omahacolt
01-14-2018, 08:32 PM

The bengals haven't had talent?

Haha ok.

This fucking guy

YDFL Commish
01-14-2018, 08:35 PM

Haha ok.

This fucking guy

They are a very talented team. But letting their two best O-linemen walk in free agency was disastrous.

At the same time Lewis runs a very undisciplined ship...and it shows every year.

Luck4Reich
01-14-2018, 08:56 PM

Stop trying to convince us all how damn stupid you are. We have known for quite some time.

omahacolt
01-14-2018, 08:56 PM
They are a very talented team. But letting their two best O-linemen walk in free agency was disastrous.

At the same time Lewis runs a very undisciplined ship...and it shows every year.

But they have consistent coaching. Which dam says is important. Consistent good coaching.

Butter
01-14-2018, 09:29 PM

Ok then, well that just happened. Dam just jumped all the sharks.

Dam8610
01-14-2018, 09:50 PM

Haha ok.

This fucking guy

The years that they've had talent, they've made the playoffs, and they haven't in the years they haven't had talent. It's not that difficult to follow or understand.

Not to mention letting Sanu and Jones walk was pretty poor talent evaluation. Letting in house talent walk is a very quick way to end up on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

apballin
01-14-2018, 10:42 PM
He's a good coach? He's a good coach? HE HAS NEVER WON A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!!

0-7

Not his fault Jeremy Hill fumbled the game away vs Pitt- that game was over

Racehorse
01-15-2018, 08:59 AM
Here's dam singing. Just replace "she" with "he".

She's gone, she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I better learn how to face it
She's gone, she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I'd pay the devil to replace her
She's gone, and she's gone
Oh why, what went wrong?

Dam8610
01-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Here's dam singing. Just replace "she" with "he".

She's gone, she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I better learn how to face it
She's gone, she's gone
Oh I, oh I
I'd pay the devil to replace her
She's gone, and she's gone
Oh why, what went wrong?

Eh, "Let it go" would be far more apropos around here. That or "The Logical Fallacy Song".

Racehorse
01-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Eh, "Let it go" would be far more apropos around here. That or "The Logical Fallacy Song".

Maybe this, but change it from beautiful to moronic

She don't know she's beautiful (never crossed her mind)
She don't know she's beautiful (no she's not that kind)
She don't know she's beautiful
Though time and time I've told her so

Puck
01-31-2018, 07:31 PM
Bumped because I like the title of this thread

Coltsalr
01-31-2018, 07:53 PM

Let’s be sensitive here, this is a very painful memory for Dam.

smitty46953
02-01-2018, 09:38 AM

Pagano fired

It sure had a nice ring to it !!! :cool:

rcubed
02-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Hey dam, read this and pay attention to some of the things allen has to say.

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-think-the-patriots-culture-doesnt-matter-check-out-what-these-ex-colts-are-doing-in

Racehorse
02-01-2018, 05:51 PM

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-think-the-patriots-culture-doesnt-matter-check-out-what-these-ex-colts-are-doing-in

New England is not the only SB team with ex-Colts playing well. Patrick Robinson is doing a fine job in Philly. But coaches do not matter. :rolleyes:

rcubed
02-01-2018, 06:04 PM
This was the part I found most interesting from allen:

"It took a little while to get used to it. Definitely took a little while. There were some habits I picked up (in Indianapolis) that just don't fly here.''

YDFL Commish
02-01-2018, 09:29 PM

Wait a minute, you mean coaching does matter? Discipline does matter? Doing things the right way do matter?

Poppycock, says dam!

Spike
02-01-2018, 11:15 PM

Hopefully McDaniels brings some of that shit to Indy. Need to get rid of the old regime bullshit immediately.