PDA

View Full Version : Colts Trade Dwayne Allen to the Patriots

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 05:29 PM
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
Source: The #Patriots are trading for #Colts TE Dwayne Allen. Wow.

I...wow. You're right, Rap. Wow.

edgeman
03-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Came here to post this myself. I'm good with this trade depending on what the Colts get in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 05:31 PM
Field Yate @FieldYates 1m1 minute ago
A source tells me that this deal is likely for a late round pick.

And they're apparently dumping him for peanuts?

Okay strike one, Ballard. What the fuck?

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
ROBERT MATHIS The1st‏Verified account @RobertMathis98 48s49 seconds ago
More
WHOA!!! Traded Martellus Bennett for Dwayne Allen!!! We did business with the Pats lol ... times change 😂😂😂😂

I'm...pretty sure that Mathis is just trying to be funny (and failing). We...didn't really get Martellus Bennett, did we?

njcoltfan
03-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Came here to post this myself. I'm good with this trade depending on what the Colts get in return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's the Patriots, we probably got fleeced big time !!!!

natagu23
More
WHOA!!! Traded Martellus Bennett for Dwayne Allen!!! We did business with the Pats lol ... times change 😂😂😂😂

I'm...pretty sure that Mathis is just trying to be funny (and failing). We...didn't really get Martellus Bennett, did we?

Bennett is a free agent

YDFL Commish
More

He's an FA if I'm not mistaken.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Well this is fucking stupid

RCAChainGang
03-08-2017, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't mind trading him if we got a good pick but shit dude the patriots are going to get him for nothing. Not happy if we don't at least get a 4th.

natagu23
03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Hopefully we at least get a 4th rounder.

Since the pats won the Superbowl, it would be the last pick in the round.

FatDT
03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
It needs to be a good pick in return.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Bennett is a free agent

He's an FA if I'm not mistaken.

I'm aware. Just trying to figure out what the hell Mathis is saying there.

Puck
03-08-2017, 05:49 PM
They traded us the rights to Hernandez and a 12 th round pick

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 05:50 PM
It needs to be a good pick in return.

"Late round pick", apparently.

rcubed
03-08-2017, 05:51 PM
whaaa????????

FatDT
03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
"Late round pick", apparently.

I know that's what's being reported. I'm hoping that it's wrong.

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 05:52 PM
I know that's what's being reported. I'm hoping that it's wrong.

4th rounder per Schefty

Colt Classic
03-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Good. Should've let him leave last year.

rcubed
03-08-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm aware. Just trying to figure out what the hell Mathis is saying there.

maybe he just means the pats are replacing bennett with allen. not that bennet was traded to the colts.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 05:55 PM
The odds Allen isn't in the pro bowl next year?

smitty46953
03-08-2017, 05:56 PM
4th round pick from the Patriots for TE Dwayne Allen & a 6th round pick... :cool:

RCAChainGang
03-08-2017, 05:56 PM
If it is a 4th rounder then I think I'm okay with it.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 05:57 PM
4th round pick from the Patriots for TE Dwayne Allen & a 6th round pick... :cool:

Got fleeced by belicheat

This is a horrible deal

rcubed
03-08-2017, 06:01 PM
Would have been nice to get a 3rd, but ok.

Ballard must not have liked what he saw in allen - contribution, playing time, contract, combination of all. I suppose the thinking is we can get a blocker for cheaper and use doyle and swoop as pass catchers (with doyle blocking some as well).

Here's to hoping allen's yearly injury streak continues!

Do we incure any dead money in this?

Hoopsdoc
Got fleeced by belicheat

This is a horrible deal

Yep. A 4th rounder wouldn't be so bad, but sending a 6th with Allen? No. That sucks. The Pats pick is the last in the 4th while the colts pick 15th in the sixth. They got Allen for dropping about 40 spots.

YDFL Commish
Got fleeced by belicheat

This is a horrible deal

No that's an awesome deal!

smitty46953
03-08-2017, 06:03 PM
Got fleeced by belicheat

This is a horrible deal

I agree, Pats won this one ... Let older Bennett walk and get a cheaper TE than would have cost to resign Bennett... :cool:

sherck
03-08-2017, 06:08 PM
We traded away Dwayne Allen and:

Got $2.933m in additional cap space -- AND --
Pick #31 in 4th round (#137 overall)

We gave up an inconsistent TE getting paid big bucks -- AND --
Pick #16 in 6th round (#200 overall)

If Allen plays liked his rookie year again, then we got fleeced.

If Allen plays like his last 3 years, then we make out depending on whom we get.

My only downside is that I was earmarking that 6th round pick for our punter.

Cheers,

rcubed
03-08-2017, 06:09 PM
still not as bad as the infamous TR trade!

Hoopsdoc
03-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Also, now we have only Doyle and Swoope. We'll have to sign or draft a tight end. Or an UDFA.

apballin
03-08-2017, 06:11 PM
I'm good with this Doyle's the man and Swoope looked good when he got on the field

Hoopsdoc
03-08-2017, 06:12 PM
We traded away Dwayne Allen and:

Got $2.933m in additional cap space -- AND --
Pick #31 in 4th round (#137 overall)

We gave up an inconsistent TE getting paid big bucks -- AND --
Pick #16 in 6th round (#200 overall)

If Allen plays liked his rookie year again, then we got fleeced.

If Allen plays like his last 3 years, then we make out depending on whom we get.

My only downside is that I was earmarking that 6th round pick for our punter.

Cheers,

Moves like this are what makes Belichick one of the best ever. He's betting on being able to get the most out of Allen.

I hate the guy like a butt rash but damn is he good.

DrSpaceman
Well off goes Allen

Can't say I am too disappointed. Too many injuries for him.

Spike
Love this deal. I hated having all that money tied up in 2 tight ends. Free's up some cap space. We now have 3 fourth round picks, and Allen wasn't that fucking good anyway.

njcoltfan
03-08-2017, 06:13 PM

No, no it's not!!

DrSpaceman
03-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Moves like this are what makes Belichick one of the best ever. He's betting on being able to get the most out of Allen.

I hate the guy like a butt rash but damn is he good.

Allen just has been injured too much for anyone to get much out of him.

apballin
03-08-2017, 06:16 PM

And has stone hands

Spike
03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
still not as bad as the infamous TR trade!

Hell, not even close to the infamous TR trade. Ballard is getting rid of the mediocre talent on this team, kudos to him.

sherck
03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
1st round, #15 overall
2nd round, #46 overall
3rd round, #80 overall
4th round, #122 overall
4th round, #137 overall (from Pats)
4th round, #144 overall (comp pick)
5th round, #158 overall

7 picks in top 158 where our "fair share" is 4.98 picks.

If this draft really is as deep in areas of need as most are saying (LB, D-Line, CB, RB), then we could do well from this draft. Some "experts" are saying that 4th round picks would be 2nd round picks in other years.

We will see.

Cheers,

Mr. Session
03-08-2017, 06:21 PM
I guess we save some money.

Belichick is going to make it work for Allen. He's not going to be asked to be Gronkowski and he still gives New England the versatility they want out of almost every player.

New England is not the team I want to see us help. Unless you pull some fucking stud in the 4th this sucks imo.

Big Smooth
03-08-2017, 06:22 PM
We all know Allen will play better next year, it's a given, but at the same time was just not worth the contract given.

It was a contract dump plain and simple

I wanted to bitch when I heard it but after thinking about it is a solid business move.

Still stings sending anyone to those pieces of shit tho

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 06:24 PM

no

you are stupid

Puck
03-08-2017, 06:24 PM
Also, now we have only Doyle and Swoope. We'll have to sign or draft a tight end. Or an UDFA.

With the 15th pick in the NFL draft the Colts select.......

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 06:25 PM

no he hasn't

Mr. Session
03-08-2017, 06:25 PM
We all know Allen will play better next year, it's a given, but at the same time was just not worth the contract given.

I wanted to bitch when I heard it but after thinking about it is a solid business move.

Of all the teams to help. New England?

The best offer came out of New England?

Fuck those guys.

Puck
03-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Maybe they trade Dorsett too.... I would like to keep him but he could be expendable

Spike
03-08-2017, 06:27 PM

It definitely is a solid business move, Allen wasn't worth his contract.

rcubed
03-08-2017, 06:29 PM
1st round, #15 overall
2nd round, #46 overall
3rd round, #80 overall
4th round, #122 overall
4th round, #137 overall (from Pats)
4th round, #144 overall (comp pick)
5th round, #158 overall

7 picks in top 158 where our "fair share" is 4.98 picks.

If this draft really is as deep in areas of need as most are saying (LB, D-Line, CB, RB), then we could do well from this draft. Some "experts" are saying that 4th round picks would be 2nd round picks in other years.

We will see.

Cheers,

That does look nice from a draft standpoint. I hope we get some nice picks there in the 4th. We are a couple years from really competing anyway. Draft well in this "deep" draft and pair them with our young core. In a couple years brady will be finished, this trade wont matter as allen will be out of football due to injury, and we can rule the AFC! (yes, optimism)

HoosierinFL
03-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Wow, unexpected.
I'm not really sure what to make of this. I see good and bad. I'll guess we'll find out this season whether the Pats got the better of the deal

apballin
03-08-2017, 06:46 PM
Of all the teams to help. New England?

The best offer came out of New England?

Fuck those guys.

This doesn't help them Allen is not Bennett, they are scrambling obviously because they were willing to give up a 4th for him

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 06:52 PM
This doesn't help them Allen is not Bennett, they are scrambling obviously because they were willing to give up a 4th for him

you haven't made a good post in years

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Elsewhere, Mathis is acting...strange...

ROBERT MATHIS The1st @RobertMathis98 1h1 hour ago

ROBERT MATHIS The1st‏ @RobertMathis98 55m55 minutes ago
I might have spoke too soon on the Bennett swap, not sure about who and what details... waiting to see details 👀👀👀

I'm really wondering what the hell he's talking about.

Brylok
03-08-2017, 06:54 PM
I don't like it, but DA probably wanted out of Indianapolis after all the negativity from the fan base towards him. I expect he'll be an All Pro next year if he stays healthy. It's a win for him anyway.

Mr. Session
03-08-2017, 06:57 PM

Bennett and Allen essentially have the same skill set.

I don't believe Bennett is really much better than Allen.

New England also has competent coaches who will put Allen in positions to succeed he likely hasn't seen since his rookie year.

Hopefully the 4th rounder we have for him ends up being a contributor. I didn't perceive Allen's contract to be that detrimental to the team given the potential for future production should our offense ever get it together.

smitty46953
03-08-2017, 07:18 PM
Colts have not traded with the Patriots in 32 years?

1985: 10th rd pick to Pats for LB Tim Golden

:cool:

cq.noble
03-08-2017, 07:41 PM
If they decided to move on from Allen due to his ineffectiveness high cap hit and the presence of Doyle coupled with the promise Swoope has shown then this is far better than cutting the guy for nothing.

Seems like a smart move if that was the consensus, honestly I didn't think he would be worth much of anything pick wise. I don't know if I like the move but I do like the fact that we're making moves on an 8-8 roster.

YDFL Commish
03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
No, no it's not!!

Do you like dropped passes and missed games? I do not.

YDFL Commish
03-08-2017, 07:56 PM
no

you are stupid

Again, do you like dropped passes and missed games. I do not.

YDFL Commish
03-08-2017, 07:59 PM
I don't like it, but DA probably wanted out of Indianapolis after all the negativity from the fan base towards him. I expect he'll be an All Pro next year if he stays healthy. It's a win for him anyway.

No, he will be bitching, just like he did here, that he's not involved enough in the passing game.

Dam8610
03-08-2017, 07:59 PM
I don't like the value, but I didn't like having that much money tied up in Allen, either. He's injury prone and has drop issues. Would've been better to get a 4th just for Allen, but it is what it is.

indycolts2
03-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Again, do you like dropped passes and missed games. I do not.

Omaha doesn't mind missed games and dropped passes when it's the black guy doing it.

sherck
03-08-2017, 08:09 PM
I have decided to like or not like this deal based on if any of our other young receivers step up and become "trusted" by Luck.

If Dorsett, Swoope or Rogers step it up, then we will not miss Allen at all and the deal was great.

If no one steps up, then it was a bad trade.

Time will tell.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Omaha doesn't mind missed games and dropped passes when it's the black guy doing it.

We have already established you are a racist. Leave me out of your shit

RCAChainGang
03-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I could have seen him being cut after this year anyway so I'm okay with the trade. Wish we wouldn't have given our 6th round pick away, but whatever. It also sucks that we gave anything to the Patriots.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 08:23 PM
I have decided to like or not like this deal based on if any of our other young receivers step up and become "trusted" by Luck.

If Dorsett, Swoope or Rogers step it up, then we will not miss Allen at all and the deal was great.

If no one steps up, then it was a bad trade.

Time will tell.

Cheers,

That's an odd way to look at it. Makes pretty much zero sense

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 08:25 PM
No, he will be bitching, just like he did here, that he's not involved enough in the passing game.

I don't remember him bitching here

Brylok
03-08-2017, 08:27 PM

Nah, their coaching staff is miles better than ours. He'll be used properly there.

sherck
03-08-2017, 08:30 PM
That's an odd way to look at it. Makes pretty much zero sense
Really?

Teams make decisions all the time to move on from high priced talent because they have lower priced talent behind them that they believe will fill the void left.

Trading Allen created a void as a receiving option on the 2017 Colts. I am going to judge that trade based on if the lower priced talent on the team fills the void or not.

If the offense don't not skip a beat in 2017, then good trade. If it struggles because no one steps up as a 4th trusted pass catching option, then bad trade.

What is hard to understand about that?

Cheers,

YDFL Commish
03-08-2017, 08:31 PM
I don't remember him bitching here

Ok, then you have selective memory. I believe that it was after the '15 season, yet for some reason Grigson loved him anyway.

I'm telling you that he definitely bitched about the way he was used.

Puck
03-08-2017, 08:39 PM
Ok, then you have selective memory. I believe that it was after the '15 season, yet for some reason Grigson loved him anyway.

Yes I remember it too

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 08:49 PM

I don't recall that at all. From all accounts but yours, he was a great team player

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Really?

Teams make decisions all the time to move on from high priced talent because they have lower priced talent behind them that they believe will fill the void left.

Trading Allen created a void as a receiving option on the 2017 Colts. I am going to judge that trade based on if the lower priced talent on the team fills the void or not.

If the offense don't not skip a beat in 2017, then good trade. If it struggles because no one steps up as a 4th trusted pass catching option, then bad trade.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalkthat they traded him for a 4th rounder. If he is terrible then that factors in.

And Allen has a value as a blocker as well. No te on the roster will match that.

Did the colts gain more than they lost is how you judge it.

Colt Classic
03-08-2017, 08:55 PM
He also pouted and stopped appearing on local radio shows since the hosts dared to say he was no longer pulling his weight on the field.

Brylok
03-08-2017, 09:04 PM
He also pouted and stopped appearing on local radio shows since the hosts dared to say he was no longer pulling his weight on the field.

That was a red flag for me. Particularly when he went completely silent with JMV. They had been buddy-buddy before that. That's when I thought DA was done with fans and media and probably wanted out of Indianapolis. I don't listen to Dakich but I'll assume he said a lot of negative things just being himself.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 09:13 PM
That was a red flag for me. Particularly when he went completely silent with JMV. They had been buddy-buddy before that. That's when I thought DA was done with fans and media and probably wanted out of Indianapolis. I don't listen to Dakich but I'll assume he said a lot of negative things just being himself.

fans are assholes and were brutal to the guy. i don't blame him

he should have kept a lower profile to begin with.

OneVoice
03-08-2017, 09:28 PM
So, we basically traded DA to move up our 6th rounder to a 4th rounder?

DA wasn't worth his contract but I didn't think he was worthy of being dumped like this either. It's not like the Colts needed the cap space. Or, maybe they do for subsequent years?

Colts must really like somebody in the 4th round. Or really like Swoope.

Guess it all depends upon how good Ballard is at drafting.

OneVoice
03-08-2017, 09:31 PM
fans are assholes and were brutal to the guy.

This is funny coming from you / you've treated DA with kid gloves since he got here while busting other's balls, most notably Fleener.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 09:33 PM
This is funny coming from you / you've treated DA with kid gloves since he got here while busting other's balls, most notably Fleener.

yeah but fleener is a bitch

Brylok
03-08-2017, 09:39 PM
fans are assholes and were brutal to the guy. i don't blame him

he should have kept a lower profile to begin with.

I don't blame him either. I've always been a DA fan, but hopefully this works out well for all parties. It's done, so in Ballard I trust. From the Allen perspective, he went from a mediocre franchise to a perennial Super Bowl contender. All he has to do is stay healthy.

Indiana V2
03-08-2017, 09:42 PM
I don't blame him either. I've always been a DA fan, but hopefully this works out well for all parties. It's done, so in Ballard I trust. From the Allen perspective, he went from a mediocre franchise to a perennial Super Bowl contender. All he has to do is stay healthy.

Sure you're a fan of Allen, but you hope this works out for the Patriots? Seriously? Turn in your Colts card.

Racehorse
03-08-2017, 09:43 PM

Fleener deserved it.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 09:48 PM
Sure you're a fan of Allen, but you hope this works out for the Patriots? Seriously? Turn in your Colts card.

i hope allen does well. and i am sure he will.

allen was a good player and was a great guy in the community

sherck
03-08-2017, 09:54 PM
So, we basically traded DA to move up our 6th rounder to a 4th rounder?.

And $3m in free cap space.

With some "experts" thinking that some 4th rounders in this year's draft could be 2nd rounders in other years, then this move could.....could turn into a defensive starter or contributor that has impact on our defense.

Considering our last 2 5th round choices were David Parry (pre-idiocy) and Joe Haeg, we could get a pretty good guy with that extra 4th round choice.

Cherrs,

cq.noble
03-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Really?

Cheers,

Well it's not that its hard to understand what you're saying its just not how the rest of the world looks at things.

The rest of the world is going to judge based on who has the better career, the guy we draft in the 4th round or the combination of Dwayne Allen and the 6th we sent with him.

But I understand your point, it can work out better for the team in the long run even if they use our 6th to draft the next Tom Brady.

Butter
03-08-2017, 10:10 PM
I would like this a lot better if the 6th and was not included and he went to the NFC. You just know he will somehow stay healthy and have a solid season.

Brylok
03-08-2017, 10:18 PM
i hope allen does well. and i am sure he will.

allen was a good player and was a great guy in the community

This is obviously what I meant. I hope things work out well for the Colts, and I things turn out well for DA. He's a good man.

YDFL Commish
03-08-2017, 10:19 PM
I would like this a lot better if the 6th and was not included and he went to the NFC. You just know he will somehow stay healthy and have a solid season.

No he won't.

FatDT
03-08-2017, 10:21 PM
I am glad we got a 4th. I'm not glad about sending a pick back, or doing business with the Pats, or giving up on Allen when we really don't need the cap space.

Dam8610
03-08-2017, 10:22 PM
This is obviously what I meant. I hope things work out well for the Colts, and I things turn out well for DA. He's a good man.

I hope he drops a 4th and 1 pass that loses them a critical game.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 10:23 PM
the hatred for allen is something i will never understand. teammates loved him, coaches loved him, and he was great in the community.

fans hate him because he got hurt.

it is unbelievable the vitriol this dude has received.

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 10:25 PM
I hope he drops a 4th and 1 pass that loses them a critical game.

why?

i hope he plays great they lose every game. but that fits you.

maybe someday you will get to con your way into some fat girls panties and you won't be such a little douchebag.

Brylok
03-08-2017, 10:27 PM
the hatred for allen is something i will never understand. teammates loved him, coaches loved him, and he was great in the community.

fans hate him because he got hurt.

it is unbelievable the vitriol this dude has received.

It really makes you think...

FatDT
03-08-2017, 10:32 PM
Colts fans hate injured players. It took people years to stop bitching about Reitz, and even now when he retires you have people saying things like "Good riddance, he sucks".

It didn't help that he got overpaid. What was he supposed to do, say no?

Brylok
03-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Colts fans hate injured players. It took people years to stop bitching about Reitz, and even now when he retires you have people saying things like "Good riddance, he sucks".

It didn't help that he got overpaid. What was he supposed to do, say no?

Salary complaints always amaze me. Ownership, player, and agent come to an agreement for salary. Fans complain about the player. Who in the world wouldn't take a raise, let alone an agreed upon/arbitrated raise?

Dam8610
03-08-2017, 10:51 PM
why?

i hope he plays great they lose every game. but that fits you.

maybe someday you will get to con your way into some fat girls panties and you won't be such a little douchebag.

Allen was one of your man crushes, so you'll defend him to the death. I don't know why you randomly pick horrible players and defend them to the death while ripping on better players for no apparent reason. I'm guessing it's the same reason you have this odd psychological compulsion to project your sad life onto me.

Dam8610
03-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Salary complaints always amaze me. Ownership, player, and agent come to an agreement for salary. Fans complain about the player. Who in the world wouldn't take a raise, let alone an agreed upon/arbitrated raise?

The complaint is about management being smart and managing the limited resource of salary cap dollars wisely. I would never blame a player for taking more money, but a GM who overpays a bunch of players is going to end up with a flawed roster.

indycolts2
03-08-2017, 11:02 PM
yeah but fleener is a bitch
white bitch.......get it right, you ain't fooling anyone!

Spike
03-08-2017, 11:38 PM
It's not like Allen was the 2nd coming of Dallas Clark or John Mackey. He was a mediocre TE after his rookie year. Nothing fucking special about him. Ballard made a good decision in trading him and giving the Colts some additional cap money while picking up an another 4th round pick. I didn't hate Allen, he just wasn't worth the money he was being paid.

VeveJones007
03-08-2017, 11:47 PM
Allen is absolutely replaceable at a much lower price tag. He's an above average TE getting paid like a good TE. Part of building a winning roster is having guys who are worth what they are paid and Allen was not.

The Colts will probably get about the same production out of their TEs next year, add a nice chunk of cap space in 2017-2019, and move up about 55 picks in the process. This is a good deal. If you don't think so, you're too high on Allen.

cq.noble
03-08-2017, 11:54 PM
Really?

Cheers,

The complaint is about management being smart and managing the limited resource of salary cap dollars wisely. I would never blame a player for taking more money, but a GM who overpays a bunch of players is going to end up with a flawed roster.

Right but that turns into hatred for the player when he's perceived to underperform, which makes no sense. I'm not attached to the guy and I don't think this was a bad trade, I've thought about it and Allen and Doyle duplicate each other with Allen being the better athlete and Doyle being more consistent, but to hate a guy because he played poorly when by all accounts he wasn't slacking, he didn't get paid and quit working he didn't do anything wrong other than not play well. There are plenty of guys who don't play well that the coaches constantly go back to that don't receive the kind of hate that Allen does.

Logically it doesn't make sense to hate him if he didn't sleep with your girlfriend.

Spike
03-09-2017, 12:07 AM
Right but that turns into hatred for the player when he's perceived to underperform, which makes no sense. I'm not attached to the guy and I don't think this was a bad trade, I've thought about it and Allen and Doyle duplicate each other with Allen being the better athlete and Doyle being more consistent, but to hate a guy because he played poorly when by all accounts he wasn't slacking, he didn't get paid and quit working he didn't do anything wrong other than not play well. There are plenty of guys who don't play well that the coaches constantly go back to that don't receive the kind of hate that Allen does.

Logically it doesn't make sense to hate him if he didn't sleep with your girlfriend.

I for one didn't hate Allen. He was just getting paid way too much for being a mediocre TE. I wouldn't have paid that pussy Fleener either, glad he went to the Saints.

Brylok
03-09-2017, 12:15 AM
Allen was one of your man crushes, so you'll defend him to the death. I don't know why you randomly pick horrible players and defend them to the death while ripping on better players for no apparent reason. I'm guessing it's the same reason you have this odd psychological compulsion to project your sad life onto me.
I'm not picking up the gauntlet for omaha, but calling DA horrible is just ridiculous. Satele was horrible. Curtis Painter was horrible. Allen? Nah. That doesn't hold any water.

Brylok
03-09-2017, 12:23 AM
You've right about where the true complaint should be, but the majority of fans complain mostly about the player. It's probably due to some psychological conditioning.

Colt Classic
03-09-2017, 07:31 AM
So, we basically traded DA to move up our 6th rounder to a 4th rounder?

DA wasn't worth his contract but I didn't think he was worthy of being dumped like this either. It's not like the Colts needed the cap space. Or, maybe they do for subsequent years?

Colts must really like somebody in the 4th round. Or really like Swoope.

Guess it all depends upon how good Ballard is at drafting.

They also kinda traded Allen for Doyle because they weren't going to spend nearly 15 million on tight ends.

Puck
03-09-2017, 09:11 AM
They also kinda traded Allen for Doyle because they weren't going to spend nearly 15 million on tight ends.

Welcome aboard

Dam8610
03-09-2017, 10:42 AM
I'm not picking up the gauntlet for omaha, but calling DA horrible is just ridiculous. Satele was horrible. Curtis Painter was horrible. Allen? Nah. That doesn't hold any water.

Allen was a good talent who never really fulfilled his promise due to injuries, and he had a huge problem with drops last year. I was more referring to his tendency to pick players like Mike Doss and Greg Toler and defend them while running down better players for no reason. In this case, it was him defending Allen endlessly as he underperformed while bitching about Fleener despite Fleener ultimately performing better than Allen in his time here.

Puck
03-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Allen was a good talent who never really fulfilled his promise due to injuries, and he had a huge problem with drops last year. I was more referring to his tendency to pick players like Mike Doss and Greg Toler and defend them while running down better players for no reason. In this case, it was him defending Allen endlessly as he underperformed while bitching about Fleener despite Fleener ultimately performing better than Allen in his time here.

Funny how you brought up Greg Toler but never talk about how bad his replacement is. And Robinson is TOTALLY a Pagano guy and HE SUCKS!!!!

Dam8610
03-09-2017, 11:09 AM
Funny how you brought up Greg Toler but never talk about how bad his replacement is. And Robinson is TOTALLY a Pagano guy and HE SUCKS!!!!

Toler sucked, Robinson sucks, what's your point? Grigson failed to find a good CB2 to complement Davis, and in making poor decisions on that front, also managed to make poor decisions on other parts of the roster. Keep talking about "Pagano guy[s]" all you want, but the bottom line is the GM has control of the 53.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the topic? Omaha's tendency to endlessly defend his man crushes is at least on topic, since Dwayne Allen was one of them.

DrSpaceman
03-09-2017, 12:42 PM
I like Allen but agree he never lived up to his potential, due to injuries and other reasons.

I thought we could get more out of him, but that I think is based more on how good he could be, not how good he has been the last few years. Which is injury prone and mediocre.

Racehorse
03-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Toler sucked, Robinson sucks, what's your point? Grigson failed to find a good CB2 to complement Davis, and in making poor decisions on that front, also managed to make poor decisions on other parts of the roster. Keep talking about "Pagano guy[s]" all you want, but the bottom line is the GM has control of the 53.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the topic? Omaha's tendency to endlessly defend his man crushes is at least on topic, since Dwayne Allen was one of them.

Are you really going to do this crap all off-season, too? When will you give it a rest? You ruin threads far too often.

Puck
03-09-2017, 01:32 PM
Are you really going to do this crap all off-season, too? When will you give it a rest? You ruin threads far too often.

Where have you been? We have posters closing in on your Post Whore status

DragonTails
03-09-2017, 04:47 PM
DA will be a pro bowler in NE. Too bad he can't be a pro bowler in Indy. Coaching and scheme.

Dam8610
03-09-2017, 04:55 PM

I'm not the one who went off topic. Don't like where things went? Take it up with Puck.

Puck
03-09-2017, 05:00 PM
I'm not the one who went off topic. Don't like where things went? Take it up with Puck.

You might be onto something here... from now on these off topic post will go to the smack shack. then argue all you want!

Dam8610
03-09-2017, 05:07 PM
You might be onto something here... from now on these off topic post will go to the smack shack. then argue all you want!

Sounds great to me.

YDFL Commish
03-09-2017, 07:05 PM
DA will be a pro bowler in NE. Too bad he can't be a pro bowler in Indy. Coaching and scheme.

Coaching and scheme caused him to drop passes and get injured?

Butter
03-09-2017, 07:20 PM

Only if Gronk misses most of the season. If he truly was not happy in a blocking role here, how happy will he be as the clear number 2.

Brylok
03-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Only if Gronk misses most of the season. If he truly was not happy in a blocking role here, how happy will he be as the clear number 2.
They're odds-on favorites to be in the Super Bowl again next year, so probably not too upset.

Wyatt
03-10-2017, 12:28 PM
@MikeReiss
Media note: Patriots have scheduled a 12 p.m. ET conference call with TE Dwayne Allen today.

rcubed
03-10-2017, 12:47 PM
@MikeReiss
Media note: Patriots have scheduled a 12 p.m. ET conference call with TE Dwayne Allen today.

I dont care about pats players

Wyatt
03-10-2017, 12:55 PM
I dont care about pats players

Understandable, nor do I, however there is a thread about the guy, therefore I thought I'd better keep our closet Pat's fans updated

smitty46953
03-10-2017, 01:05 PM

Every thread will end up in smack shack ... lol :eek:

Puck
03-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Every thread will end up in smack shack ... lol :eek:

just individual post not whole thread HA

rcubed
03-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Understandable, nor do I, however there is a thread about the guy, therefore I thought I'd better keep our closet Pat's fans updated

dont enable alr. (s)he can jerk off over at patriotsplanet.

Hoopsdoc
03-10-2017, 04:50 PM
It's not like Allen was the 2nd coming of Dallas Clark or John Mackey. He was a mediocre TE after his rookie year. Nothing fucking special about him. Ballard made a good decision in trading him and giving the Colts some additional cap money while picking up an another 4th round pick. I didn't hate Allen, he just wasn't worth the money he was being paid.

A pats fan I work with asked about Allen, this is what I told him-good run blocker, very physical but not very fast and he has inconsistent hands. Tends to get nicked up a lot.

Wyatt
03-10-2017, 04:57 PM
@RyanHannable
New Patriots TE Dwayne Allen: ‘I’m excited to be utilized as a football player again’ http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2017/03/10/new-patriots-te-dwayne-allen-im-excited-to-be-utilized-as-a-football-player-again/ … via @WEEI

Racehorse
03-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Where have you been? We have posters closing in on your Post Whore status

I figured you all didn't want me posting.

smitty46953
03-11-2017, 08:58 PM
A pats fan I work with asked about Allen, this is what I told him-good run blocker, very physical but not very fast and he has inconsistent hands. Tends to get nicked up a lot.

Just glad you didn't say a friend you work with !!! LOL :cool:

smitty46953
03-11-2017, 08:59 PM

Heck no, gotta maintain that title, post away !!! :cool:

omahacolt
03-11-2017, 09:40 PM

Seems to me, people need to stop fucking with peoples profiles

Puck
03-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Seems to me, people need to stop fucking with peoples profiles

Not sure who is doing that.... It isn't an individual thing it is a category. And it appears that the category name has been changed. But we will all get there soon anyway...I hope... I liked Post Whore. But the new one is fine if it was bothering people.

I did see that FatDT posted that someone uploaded a pic to his profile. I never saw it. Not sure how it happened to begin with.

I am not aware of anyone messing with people's profiles and I assure you its not me.

Butter
03-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Wasn't me, did not know it was possible.

Puck
03-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Wasn't me, did not know it was possible.

FatDT shouldn't use Omaha's mom's phone number as his password. He should know everyone has it

DragonTails
03-14-2017, 04:13 PM
Coaching and scheme caused him to drop passes and get injured?

Well we were 5th in dropped passes so there's something to be said for coaching - or lack there of.

YDFL Commish
03-14-2017, 08:05 PM
Well we were 5th in dropped passes so there's something to be said for coaching - or lack there of.

Maybe accountability, I'll agree with that.

Wyatt
03-28-2017, 10:24 AM
FWIW

@HolderStephen 3m3 minutes ago
On Dwayne Allen, Pagano says: "I think we lost a great player in Dwayne... A great player, great person... We hate to lose Dwayne."

Butter
03-28-2017, 11:04 AM
I think for as little as we got for him Allen should have been given another season. Unless there is some stuff behind the scenes with attitude or effort it just doesn't make much sense to me.

sherck
03-28-2017, 12:18 PM
I think for as little as we got for him Allen should have been given another season. Unless there is some stuff behind the scenes with attitude or effort it just doesn't make much sense to me.

I pointed this out in the salary cup update post, but:

The only guys now making "superstar" money ($10m+ per year) are, you know, NFL stars whom could start on almost any team in the league: Luck, Hilton, Davis and Castonzo.

The guys making "good" starter money ($5m - $9.9m per year) are "Ballard" guys: Doyle, Sheard, Simon.

Everyone else is making $4.250m or less a year and is not "big" money.

Ballard has axed (or retired) everyone who does not fit his mold: Robinson, D'Q, Allen, Walden, Jones, Mathis, Cole, Adams. None superstars and, apparently, none in the mold of what Ballard wanted.

The roster is completely clean of dead weight.

In 2018, the ONLY folks with more than $1m in "dead cap" are: Luck, Hilton, Castonzo and Ryan Kelly (and the 2017 1st round draft pick). And all of them, except Kelly and the 2017 1st round draft pick, could be cut and deliver 2018 cap savings if required.

Our cap is COMPLETELY CLEAN and 100% changeable. No one HAS to be kept because of their cap ramifications.

And that is the way it should be. Allen may have been good (when healthy), but the 4th round draft pick TE we get to replace him will (hopefully) be good and a whole lot cheaper.

Cheers,

omahacolt
03-28-2017, 06:12 PM
I pointed this out in the salary cup update post, but:

The only guys now making "superstar" money ($10m+ per year) are, you know, NFL stars whom could start on almost any team in the league: Luck, Hilton, Davis and Castonzo.

The guys making "good" starter money ($5m - $9.9m per year) are "Ballard" guys: Doyle, Sheard, Simon.

Everyone else is making $4.250m or less a year and is not "big" money.

Ballard has axed (or retired) everyone who does not fit his mold: Robinson, D'Q, Allen, Walden, Jones, Mathis, Cole, Adams. None superstars and, apparently, none in the mold of what Ballard wanted.

The roster is completely clean of dead weight.

In 2018, the ONLY folks with more than $1m in "dead cap" are: Luck, Hilton, Castonzo and Ryan Kelly (and the 2017 1st round draft pick). And all of them, except Kelly and the 2017 1st round draft pick, could be cut and deliver 2018 cap savings if required.

Our cap is COMPLETELY CLEAN and 100% changeable. No one HAS to be kept because of their cap ramifications.

And that is the way it should be. Allen may have been good (when healthy), but the 4th round draft pick TE we get to replace him will (hopefully) be good and a whole lot cheaper.

Cheers,

we don't need to drop a 4th on a te. defense or oline. 4th round picks can get you talent. the defense needs talent.

omahacolt
03-28-2017, 06:12 PM

yep

i agree.

VeveJones007
03-28-2017, 07:42 PM
we don't need to drop a 4th on a te. defense or oline. 4th round picks can get you talent. the defense needs talent.

Doyle/Swoppe is good enough. Definitely take BPA in the 4th and don't force a TE.

Puck
03-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Stephen Holder‏ @HolderStephen

Among the things Ballard emphasized, he is VERY bullish on Erik Swoope. Like very, very. Wants to see his ceiling. A factor in Allen trade.

VeveJones007
03-28-2017, 09:03 PM

Just wasn't worth the contract. Moving him now accelerates the remaining cap hit and he'll be off the books next offseason.