PDA

View Full Version : The NFL sucks and needs to be shut down

ChoppedWood
12-17-2017, 08:21 PM
Yeah I know, I know, not Colts related.

The ass raping that just took place in Pittsburg personifies why so many people hate this fucking lame ass shitstain excuse for a game anymore. It isn't kneeling that is causing people to leave in droves- its the fucking stupid ass shit you allow to make a mockery of a once great sport.

Fuck you Roger Goodell, just straight up fuck you for stealing air from every fucking player that has ever been disgraced by your miserable excuse for a fucking existence. Asshole!

omahacolt
12-17-2017, 08:31 PM
That was just disgusting

DrSpaceman
12-17-2017, 08:34 PM
He caught the ball made a football move, crossed the goal line, play is over......what more do you need?

This is two games this year where basically the refs on bad reversals of TDs handed the pats wins. Same thing vs the Jets

ChoppedWood
12-17-2017, 08:37 PM
That was just disgusting

I think the rule- the sham I should say- is based on "player safety"... lol---

FUCK OFF ROGER!

I have really found myself giving less and less of a shit- I know the Luck / Colts situation has had a profound impact on that, but it's also got a great deal to do with the complete sham that the league really has become. There is no defense to be played and if there is, the game comes to a stop so they can review every blade of grass to see where it was during the snap of the ball...

Fuck this, just tired of it, fucking tired of it. WWE is a more realistic "sport" than this trash...

ChoppedWood
12-17-2017, 08:38 PM
He caught the ball made a football move, crossed the goal line, play is over......what more do you need?

This is two games this year where basically the refs on bad reversals of TDs handed the pats wins. Same thing vs the Jets

Man that's fucking homefield throughout these assclowns and their master of feces just gave up on that unbelievably shitty call.

Fuck Roger, fuck him! I hate him even more than Brady!

Spike
12-17-2017, 08:50 PM
Patriots are the luckiest fucking team on the planet. Gifts galore for those bastards.

Colts And Orioles
12-17-2017, 08:59 PM

That is two games this year where the refs essentially handed the Patriots wins on bad reversals of TD's. The same thing happened when they played the Jets earlier this season.

o

Catch the ball, make a football move, hold the ball out to show the referee that you still have it, make another football move, hold the ball out again to reassure the referee that you still control of it, triumphantly pump your fist in the air to celebrate your accomplishment of a successful reception ........ then, it's a catch.

o

Colts And Orioles
12-17-2017, 09:03 PM
o

By the way, these absurd "catch or no catch" calls don't always go against our rooting interests.

I remember this play from the 2005 season divisional playoff game against the Steelers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8-MpXgjsw

o

DrSpaceman
12-17-2017, 09:17 PM
Except the Colts still lost that game, so it didn't matter.

Brylok
12-17-2017, 09:32 PM
I didn't watch the game or see the call, but I assume that referees can be added to the list of jobs that will be replaced by robots in the coming years.

Puck
12-17-2017, 09:34 PM
I thought it was a good call

Luck4Reich
12-17-2017, 09:41 PM
I thought it was a good call

I did too but still had roles been reversed it would have been called a TD for the Pats. Count on that!

Colts And Orioles
12-17-2017, 09:45 PM
o

By the way, these absurd "catch or no catch" calls don't always go against our rooting interests.

I remember this play from the 2005 season divisional playoff game against the Steelers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO8-MpXgjsw

o

Except the Colts still lost that game, so it didn't matter.

o

It mattered a lot, because it kept the Colts' chances to win that game alive.

It was a horrible call, it was in as crucial a situation as could be (late in the 4th quarter of a playoff game), and it went in the Colts' favor ........ to assert that referees should not be judged unless their awful calls cost a team a game (and/or that awful calls are not worth bringing up in regard to a discussion about catch rules if the team that was screwed wound up winning the game) is illogical.

o

smitty46953
12-17-2017, 10:50 PM
I think the rule- the sham I should say- is based on "player safety"... lol---

FUCK OFF ROGER!

I have really found myself giving less and less of a shit- I know the Luck / Colts situation has had a profound impact on that, but it's also got a great deal to do with the complete sham that the league really has become. There is no defense to be played and if there is, the game comes to a stop so they can review every blade of grass to see where it was during the snap of the ball...

Fuck this, just tired of it, fucking tired of it. WWE is a more realistic "sport" than this trash...

Why you holding back? Tell us how you really feel, it's therapeutic ... :cool:

ChoppedWood
12-17-2017, 11:35 PM
Did I say FUCK ROGER? If not--- FUCK ROGER!

DrSpaceman
12-18-2017, 09:17 AM
o

It was a horrible call, it was in as crucial a situation as could be (late in the 4th quarter of a playoff game), and it went in the Colts' favor ........ to assert that referees should not be judged unless their awful calls cost a team a game (and/or that awful calls are not worth bringing up in regard to a discussion about catch rules if the team that was screwed wound up winning the game) is illogical.

o

I still think it does matter whether it made a difference in the outcome, but I would grant that was a bad call as well and if Pitt had lost due to that call I can see why they would be mad.

The problem with the catch rules are they tried to come up with a rule that makes it "easy" for refs to interpret and in the process they get ridiculous results like what we saw yesterday or with Dez Bryant where obvious catches are ruled incomplete.

The play yesterday goes against everything else we see in the NFL with plays at the goal line where the play is over when the ball touches the goal line.

Now if you catch it IN the end zone, that's different.

Mr. Session
12-18-2017, 09:24 AM
At least the call was consistent with what we saw in the Dallas GB matchup a few years ago.

I hate both of these teams so idgaf. The steelers talk too much shit for my personal taste and feel like posers to me. I don't like New England either but they are still the best team in football.

Pez
12-18-2017, 12:27 PM
The dumbest call in this game was the fake spike...

Just spike it and kick the fucking FG.

Colts And Orioles
12-18-2017, 01:21 PM
o

o

I still think it does matter whether it made a difference in the outcome, but I would grant that was a bad call as well and if Pitt had lost due to that call I can see why they would be mad.

The problem with the catch rules are they tried to come up with a rule that makes it "easy" for refs to interpret and in the process they get ridiculous results like what we saw yesterday or with Dez Bryant where obvious catches are ruled incomplete.

The play yesterday goes against everything else we see in the NFL with plays at the goal line where the play is over when the ball touches the goal line.

Now if you catch it IN the end zone, that's different.

o

Why would it matter less if the Steelers had won the game? It's not a horrible rule because the Steelers lost the game, it's a horrible rule because it's a horrible rule. Yesterday's call/application of the rule would have been just as horrible if the Steelers had kicked a field goal and won the game in overtime instead of throwing the INT that they did.

The most effective time to complain about the referees and/or of a questionable rule is after a win. Complaining about the officiating/rules after a loss if often shrugged off as sour grapes. Complaining about the officiating/rules after a win cannot be written off as such.

o