PDA

View Full Version : Rumor

Puck
03-07-2017, 07:48 PM
For what it is worth

Morgan Epstein @Morgan_Epstein
#Colts and #Skins both contacted the Bengals about the 9th pick during the 2017 NFL Combine.
3:56 PM - 7 Mar 2017

natagu23
03-07-2017, 07:53 PM
For what it is worth

#Colts and #Skins both contacted the Bengals about the 9th pick during the 2017 NFL Combine.

This would be terrible

Puck
03-07-2017, 08:00 PM
This would be terrible

Maybe they are trying to get Solomon????

Our 1st and Dorsett?

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 08:05 PM
This would be to get...Reuben Foster?

YDFL Commish
03-07-2017, 08:08 PM
This would be to get...Reuben Foster?

My guess would be Solomon Thomas, Derek Barnett or Reuben Foster. But I would hope they would give up no more than 4th rd pick and Dorsett to do it.

Indiana V2
03-07-2017, 08:24 PM
I'm not comfortable with giving up draft picks to move up a few spots. We need a lot of help, therefore we need a lot of draft picks.

sherck
03-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Trade value of #9 is 1,350. Trade value of #15 is 1,050. To make up the 300 points, our 3rd round pick (#80) would be worth 190 points and our original 4th round pick (#122) would be worth 50 points.

My guess is that it would take:

- Our 1st and 2nd round picks and get a draft pick back in return.

- Or our 1st and a future 2nd with no return of value.

- Or our 1st and a player.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

omahacolt
03-07-2017, 08:51 PM
Preliminary talks like this happens all the time. I am sure there have been more talks as well

Butter
03-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Preliminary talks like this happens all the time. I am sure there have been more talks as well

Yep, I am sure every team is putting out feelers like this.

cq.noble
03-08-2017, 02:29 AM
For what it is worth

This guy had 50 followers when he tweeted out this rumor. I'm going to bet he's fake news.

HoosierinFL
03-08-2017, 10:04 AM
I heard on local (Orlando) radio today that maybe the Jaguars are looking to trade down out of their #4 pick.
It would be neat to get that one, but then, the guy on the radio was also talking about them possibly trading it for Tony Romo, which is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

sherck
03-08-2017, 11:22 AM
I heard on local (Orlando) radio today that maybe the Jaguars are looking to trade down out of their #4 pick.
It would be neat to get that one, but then, the guy on the radio was also talking about them possibly trading it for Tony Romo, which is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard...

That would probably take this year's #1 and next year's #1 to get up to #4 overall.

And for who? Myles Garrett is the prize of this class but he will be long gone by #4. If he is somehow not, then you absolutely trade away next year's #1 for him.

Three of the next best defensive players are secondary; CB Marshon Lattimore S Jamal Adams and S Malik Hooker. Any would be fine additions to the Colts but do you really use two #1s for a secondary guy? The only folks that I think you do that for are pass rushers and/or incredible talents at ILB.

DE Jonathan Adams?
ILB Ruben Foster?
DE Solomon Thomas?

Do those guys rate the loss of next year's #1 to get them over the guys who are more likely to be available at #15 like

CB Sidney Jones
OLB Derek Barnett
CB Tre'Davious White
OLB Takkarist McKinley
S Budda Baker
OLB Taco Charleston

They may be looking to trade back, but I would be shocked if Ballard pulls the trigger on a trade up unless it is packaged with a player like Allen, Dorsett or Mewhort.

Cheers,

Coltsalr
03-08-2017, 11:29 AM
Jonathan Allen, I might very well consider paying a hefty price (though probably not 1st this year and next) to move up for. I do believe he's that good. I'm absolutely convinced he's going to be a phenomenal force. I think he'd be a good fit at 3-4 DE, but I'm also hopeful that this will be Pagano's last year and then next year we'll hopefully get a coaching staff that adjusts his scheme to his talent (particularly in the case of someone as talented as Allen).

That said, I'm not convinced that he will even be there at #4. Lots of Mocks have him going 2-3. With that risk, I'll pass.

The price that it would take to move up even higher would be so prohibitive that it's not even worth mentioning. The only reason to reach that high is if you're so close, and one guy will really make a huge difference (certainly not us, we have far too many holes) or if you think you see your franchise QB in your sights (not us, either).

If we can move up some spots, with trading Allen and/or Dorsett then fine, though I question how high their value is. As it stands, I'm not too keen on moving up too high, as we do have tons of holes and we need those filled and we can't afford to be giving up our best way of filling those holes.

Maniac
03-08-2017, 12:33 PM
With a draft this deep, the Colts should be trading DOWN to get more picks instead of moving up and giving up any. We have far too many needs to be giving up picks. This is a great draft to build on. I hope we trade down.

rcubed
03-08-2017, 01:10 PM
^^^ exactly. if this draft is as loaded as they say, no trading up. We need to stock the shelves.

FatDT
03-08-2017, 02:46 PM
I would not blindly trade down early, but if there are no worthy pass rushers or ILBs then yeah, trade down and acquire picks if you can.

Puck
03-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Have an extra 4th now if they want to trade up.

IndyEdge32
03-08-2017, 07:37 PM
Does anyone have an idea (I know it's a year out) about NEXT year's class? Maybe Indy gives up a future 1 or 2 to grab a few more studs in this one?

omahacolt
03-08-2017, 07:50 PM
Does anyone have an idea (I know it's a year out) about NEXT year's class? Maybe Indy gives up a future 1 or 2 to grab a few more studs in this one?

nobody knows how next year will check out

IndyEdge32
03-08-2017, 08:27 PM
nobody knows how next year will check out

I get that. My question is, do you think this year's class is good enough to trade away picks in next year's draft?

YDFL Commish
03-08-2017, 08:33 PM
I get that. My question is, do you think this year's class is good enough to trade away picks in next year's draft?

Yes Sir, yes it is.

VeveJones007
03-08-2017, 11:50 PM
Jonathan Allen, I might very well consider paying a hefty price (though probably not 1st this year and next) to move up for. I do believe he's that good. I'm absolutely convinced he's going to be a phenomenal force. I think he'd be a good fit at 3-4 DE, but I'm also hopeful that this will be Pagano's last year and then next year we'll hopefully get a coaching staff that adjusts his scheme to his talent (particularly in the case of someone as talented as Allen).

That said, I'm not convinced that he will even be there at #4. Lots of Mocks have him going 2-3. With that risk, I'll pass.

The price that it would take to move up even higher would be so prohibitive that it's not even worth mentioning. The only reason to reach that high is if you're so close, and one guy will really make a huge difference (certainly not us, we have far too many holes) or if you think you see your franchise QB in your sights (not us, either).

If we can move up some spots, with trading Allen and/or Dorsett then fine, though I question how high their value is. As it stands, I'm not too keen on moving up too high, as we do have tons of holes and we need those filled and we can't afford to be giving up our best way of filling those holes.

Allen might be on the board at 1.15. There's some serious concern over his shoulder(s).

Barnett is likely to be there after his poor numbers at the combine. I don't see a reason to move up. It would be better to move down, still get a good edge player, and add another 3rd or 4th rounder.

FatDT
03-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Allen might be on the board at 1.15. There's some serious concern over his shoulder(s).

Barnett is likely to be there after his poor numbers at the combine. I don't see a reason to move up. It would be better to move down, still get a good edge player, and add another 3rd or 4th rounder.

Barnett is going to get a pass from plenty of teams. He was vomiting less than 24 hrs prior to still running a sub-5 40. And he did surprisingly well in the other timed drills. If anything he probably impressed some teams by gutting it out. I am guessing he'll run in the 4.6-4.7 range at his pro day.

I think after Garrett, Thomas, and Barnett the quality of edge rusher goes down significantly. We need lots of pieces, but we need defensive playmakers more than anything.