PDA

View Full Version : Draft position update.

Puck
12-10-2017, 06:51 PM
We have moved to 3rd with this loss. I believe if the Giants win one more game and we lose out then we would move to 2nd overall

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Spike
12-10-2017, 07:01 PM
We have moved to 3rd with this loss. I believe if the Giants win one more game and we lose out then we would move to 2nd overall

Broncos beating the Jets 20-0. With a win Broncos get to 4 wins. Jimmy G looking good for the 49ers. Have faith in losing out, we have Pags. I guess strength of schedule has more weight than head to head?

Coltsalr
12-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Broncos being up 20-0 right now gives me hope. Shows they aren’t completely hapless. Still, it’s TNF and anything can happen there, but Home teams generally have the advantage on TNF for obvious reasons.

@ Baltimore should absolutely be an assured loss.

Vs Houston again is a bit of a toss-up, we already beat them in their own house, but Tom Savage has improved a bit and even though they lost to the 49errs today, they at least appear to have a heartbeat which can’t be said for when we played them the first time.

Puck
12-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Broncos beating the Jets 20-0. With a win Broncos get to 4 wins. Jimmy G looking good for the 49ers. Have faith in losing out, we have Pags. I guess strength of schedule has more weight than head to head?

Yes to SOS. That is how it is decided It is different than playoff tie breaker.

Puck
12-10-2017, 07:22 PM
Broncos being up 20-0 right now gives me hope. Shows they aren’t completely hapless. Still, it’s TNF and anything can happen there, but Home teams generally have the advantage on TNF for obvious reasons.

@ Baltimore should absolutely be an assured loss.

Vs Houston again is a bit of a toss-up, we already beat them in their own house, but Tom Savage has improved a bit and even though they lost to the 49errs today, they at least appear to have a heartbeat which can’t be said for when we played them the first time.

Savage was replaced by Yates. Didn't watch the game but Yates was apparently better looking at the stats. Not sure why he was replaced either

Coltsalr
12-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Savage was replaced by Yates. Didn't watch the game but Yates was apparently better looking at the stats. Not sure why he was replaced either

Savage went into concussion protocol, that I know.

The game didn’t get much action on Red Zone, but I did see that part. Didn’t really follow how well Yates did thereafter, only know they lost.

Maniac
12-10-2017, 07:47 PM

Well we're moving on upppppppppp

VeveJones007
12-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Hard to see the Giants winning another game, so need the Colts to lose out for the 3rd pick.

Colt Classic
12-10-2017, 08:52 PM

Savage took a nasty hit and looked like he was having a seizure.

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNFL/status/939936269924225024

smitty46953
12-10-2017, 09:32 PM
Need trade down figure way to get both of the Notre dame offensive linemen
offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey and senior offensive guard Quenton Nelson
:cool:

Butter
12-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Savage took a nasty hit and looked like he was having a seizure.

https://twitter.com/TheRenderNFL/status/939936269924225024

How the hell was he allowed back on the field after that, man the NFL is stupid sometimes.

Coltsalr
12-11-2017, 01:51 AM
https://twitter.com/ryan_mccrystal/status/940085336612335617

Evidently, we’re now in line for the #3. Not sure how that works with us having beaten San Fran in head to head, but I’ll take it.

The Giants, much like us, now have winnable games against the Eagles (Nick Foles-led now), the Cards, and the Skins.

Thursday Night should be rather telling for the Colts.

DrSpaceman
12-11-2017, 09:30 AM
Head to head does not matter in draft position rankings. Strength of schedule, or strength of victory, I forget which, is the determining factor

If the pick for the Colts is top 3, with this QB class, I really think they should, and likely will, trade down

njcoltfan
12-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Head to head does not matter in draft position rankings. Strength of schedule, or strength of victory, I forget which, is the determining factor

If the pick for the Colts is top 3, with this QB class, I really think they should, and likely will, trade down

After a medical update from Luck!!

smitty46953
12-11-2017, 10:48 AM

I just hope they have a good honest evaluation of Lucks health by Draft day, hate to be forced to use pick on a QB... :cool:

VeveJones007
12-11-2017, 11:01 AM
https://twitter.com/ryan_mccrystal/status/940085336612335617

Evidently, we’re now in line for the #3. Not sure how that works with us having beaten San Fran in head to head, but I’ll take it.

The Giants, much like us, now have winnable games against the Eagles (Nick Foles-led now), the Cards, and the Skins.

Thursday Night should be rather telling for the Colts.

Yeah, H2H doesn't matter for draft purposes. Remember last year with the Vikings? Colts beat them, both ended up with same record, but they had to do a coin flip to determine the draft order because opponents had the same win %.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/2/27/14616204/vikings-colts-coin-flip-eagles-2017-nfl-draft-order-first-round

VeveJones007
12-11-2017, 11:02 AM

It depends how far. The draft isn't very deep. You don't want to miss a chance at a guy like Chubb, Williams, or Nelsen. But first things first--get the 2nd or 3rd pick and give themselves some options.

FatDT
12-11-2017, 11:17 AM
It depends how far. The draft isn't very deep. You don't want to miss a chance at a guy like Chubb, Williams, or Nelsen. But first things first--get the 2nd or 3rd pick and give themselves some options.

Yeah. From what I've read this could be like the 2013 draft. So of course that's the one time we will have a top draft pick.

But if we don't know on Luck, sure, pick the QB. If Luck returns and is awesome, great, trade the new QB for a bunch of picks in a better future draft. Better coaching, getting everyone healthy, and adding via FA will make this team playoff contenders even without a great draft.

Dewey 5
12-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Yeah. From what I've read this could be like the 2013 draft. So of course that's the one time we will have a top draft pick.

But if we don't know on Luck, sure, pick the QB. If Luck returns and is awesome, great, trade the new QB for a bunch of picks in a better future draft. Better coaching, getting everyone healthy, and adding via FA will make this team playoff contenders even without a great draft.

The key is dumping Pagano & I am not sure Irsay has the stones to do it. He buys every excuse Pagano feeds him.

DrSpaceman
12-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Should certainly know by draft time about Luck

And my opinion is he will be fine by next season. He played last season with the injury before surgery. I don't see how he would go from that to having surgery and now unable to play again.

Plus you are going to need to draft a line and defense whether its Luck or some other QB out there you are putting in charge of this offense. I'd rather focus on those and stick with Luck.

testcase448
12-11-2017, 12:13 PM
I just hope they have a good honest evaluation of Lucks health by Draft day, hate to be forced to use pick on a QB... :cool:

better to trade down for picks and fill a lot of holes in this gawd awful POS team, then draft another QB.

Drafting another Luck will just get you right back where we are, a busted up franchise QB

rcubed
12-11-2017, 01:16 PM
The key is dumping Pagano & I am not sure Irsay has the stones to do it. He buys every excuse Pagano feeds him.
I dont think ballard will let that happen. I see ballard as strong enough to talk some sense into irsay,

omahacolt
12-11-2017, 01:25 PM

Pagano is gone. Everyone knows it. Irsay knows it and will be on board

1965southpaw
12-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Pagano is gone. Everyone knows it. Irsay knows it and will be on board

Agreed. One of the local guys....I think it may have been Holder was talking last week on one of the shows that he's noted that since the second JAX game pagano has notably been using the pronoun "they" when referring to his team vs. "we". He believes pagano has already been told definitely that his run is up at the end of the season. I tend to believe that. These guys are at all the practices and all the press conferences. They know.

VeveJones007
12-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Tonight's game is very important for draft position. If the Colts lose, they pretty much guarantee themselves a Top 5 pick.

If they win, then the Texans game becomes the difference between possibly picking 4 or 5 and picking 9-10.

VeveJones007
12-15-2017, 12:22 AM
A loss next week to Baltimore pretty much guarantees the Colts will pick top 4.

smitty46953
12-15-2017, 12:25 AM
A loss next week to Baltimore pretty much guarantees the Colts will pick top 4.

Just hope Ballard does us right :cool:

Luck4Reich
12-15-2017, 12:26 AM

That’s the key right there.

We know Grigson would have screwed up the pick let’s hope Ballard doesn’t.

Puck
12-15-2017, 12:27 AM

I hope he finds the right FA's and when he drafts BPA it wont be such a shock

Spike
12-15-2017, 01:11 AM
better to trade down for picks and fill a lot of holes in this gawd awful POS team, then draft another QB.

Drafting another Luck will just get you right back where we are, a busted up franchise QB

Fuck off bitch.

testcase448
12-15-2017, 09:05 AM
Fuck off bitch.

Fuck yourself you bathroom confused fag

sherck
12-15-2017, 10:32 AM
Prior to yesterday's Colt loss:

#1 Browns / 0 - 13 / SoS = 0.529
#2 Giants / 2 - 11 / SoS = 0.514
#3 Colts / 3 - 10 / SoS = 0.490
#4 49ers / 3 - 10 / SoS = 0.519
#5 Broncos / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.486
#6 Texans / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.510 (traded to the Browns)
#7 Bears / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.553
#8 Bucs / 4 - 9 / SoS = 0.558

CIN / NYJ / WAS all with 5 wins.

Denver actually had a lower SoS than the Colts going into last night's game so it was pretty critical that they win and get to 5 wins. No chance of them getting ahead of us now unless we win our last 2 games.

The Giants have a pretty significantly higher SoS than the Colts do. If the Giants can get a 3rd win in one of their last 3 games (PHI, @ ARI, WAS) and the Colts can lose their last two (@ BAL, HOU), then we can end up with the #2 pick.

It is pretty hard for the SoS to change significantly this late in the season. 0.200 of a difference is a pretty big gap with only 3 weeks to play. Where the SoS ratings are now will most likely be very close to their final totals.

So, what the most likely scenarios look like. The Colts will get the #x pick if......

#2 Pick = Giants win at least one of their remaining 3 games and Colts lose their last 2 games.

#3 Pick = Giants lose out and Colts lose out -- OR -- Colts win one game and 49ers win one game while the Giants win no more than one more game.

#4 Pick = Colts win one game and 49ers lose out and Giants win no more than one more game.

#5 Pick = Would have to win both of our remaining games to get worst than the #4 pick. Too many variables to contend with.

So, assuming that we will not beat Baltimore next week, the Colts can do no worst that the #4 pick in the draft and could still move up to the #2 pick if we lose out and Eli Manning and the Giants can surprise one of the Eagles, the Cardinals or the Redskins.

Go Giants. Go Ravens (gasp.....choke.....puke).

Walk Worthy,

VeveJones007
12-15-2017, 11:04 AM

Denver actually had a lower SoS than the Colts going into last night's game so it was pretty critical that they win and get to 5 wins. No chance of them getting ahead of us now unless we win our last 2 games.

The Giants have a pretty significantly higher SoS than the Colts do. If the Giants can get a 3rd win in one of their last 3 games (PHI, @ ARI, WAS) and the Colts can lose their last two (@ BAL, HOU), then we can end up with the #2 pick.

It is pretty hard for the SoS to change significantly this late in the season. 0.200 of a difference is a pretty big gap with only 3 weeks to play. Where the SoS ratings are now will most likely be very close to their final totals.

So, what the most likely scenarios look like. The Colts will get the #x pick if......

#2 Pick = Giants win at least one of their remaining 3 games and Colts lose their last 2 games.

#3 Pick = Giants lose out and Colts lose out -- OR -- Colts win one game and 49ers win one game while the Giants win no more than one more game.

#4 Pick = Colts win one game and 49ers lose out and Giants win no more than one more game.

#5 Pick = Would have to win both of our remaining games to get worst than the #4 pick. Too many variables to contend with.

So, assuming that we will not beat Baltimore next week, the Colts can do no worst that the #4 pick in the draft and could still move up to the #2 pick if we lose out and Eli Manning and the Giants can surprise one of the Eagles, the Cardinals or the Redskins.

Walk Worthy,

Those four scenarios are why last night was so important. They could have been in line for a pick closer to 10 if they beat Denver and Houston. Now they're pretty much a lock for top 4.

Coltsalr
12-15-2017, 11:19 AM

Walk Worthy,

Call me crazy, I’m not ruling out a stupid strong finish by the Giants at all.

A Foles-led Eagles team could be demoralized and fall apart on Sunday. The Cardinals, meh, but it is in Arizona. The Redskins with nothing to play for in Week 17, who knows?

Luck4Reich
12-15-2017, 12:21 PM
Fuck yourself you bathroom confused fag

What the hell does that even mean?

Quit trying to win the dumbest post award, it doesn’t exist. If it did Dam already had won that.

Luck4Reich
12-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Giants just took lead in their game.

Coltsalr
12-17-2017, 02:48 PM
What the hell does that even mean?

Quit trying to win the dumbest post award, it doesn’t exist. If it did Dam already had won that.

We used to have a Worst Poster of the Year award

Might need to resurrect it for this year.

njcoltfan
12-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Giants just took lead in their game.

If the Giants win today, the Scott Tolzien era for the Colts should begin next week against the Ravens!!!!

Spike
12-17-2017, 03:32 PM
If the Giants win today, the Scott Tolzien era for the Colts should begin next week against the Ravens!!!!

Giants were up 20-7, and then Eli throws a horrible pick and the Eagles score a TD right after that. The Giants D was playing pretty good and Eli reverts back to dumbass Eli. Now the Eagles block a punt, damn. Giants remind me so much of the Colts this year.

Puck
12-17-2017, 03:39 PM
TJ Yates is going to single handily make sure we win that last game..... He might be worse than Tolzien.

If the Colts start Tolzein it will show they are in it to lose

njcoltfan
12-17-2017, 03:40 PM
The Texans are tanking today too !!!!

Spike
12-17-2017, 03:43 PM

Their season ended when Watson got hurt.

Colt Classic
12-17-2017, 07:11 PM
Might as well bench Brissett. I'll believe Luck is the de facto starter when I see him under center in a real game in 2018. Until then, who knows what you have at QB, especially after the new regime comes in and does whatever their thing will be schematically.

testcase448
12-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Might as well bench Brissett. I'll believe Luck is the de facto starter when I see him under center in a real game in 2018. Until then, who knows what you have at QB, especially after the new regime comes in and does whatever their thing will be schematically.

Will a surgically repaired Luck be able to beat out Jacoby?

Luck4Reich
12-17-2017, 07:48 PM
Will a surgically trepaired Luck be able to beat out Jacoby?

A one legged Luck can beat out Brisset. Dude isn’t that good.

omahacolt
12-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Niners won

DrSpaceman
12-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Yep Niners win, so could end up with a 2nd/3rd pick

testcase448
12-17-2017, 08:36 PM
A one legged Luck can beat out Brisset. Dude isn’t that good.

Can a noodle arm Luck?

Luck4Reich
12-17-2017, 08:56 PM
Can a noodle arm Luck?

Shut up noodle dick fag!

Spike
12-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Shut up noodle dick fag!

Fucker never quits with his nonsense.

Coltsalr
12-17-2017, 10:04 PM

Which is odd, given that their first round pick belongs to Cleveland.

sherck
12-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Updated order not counting tonight's MNF game. In ( ) are the team records and their updated Strength of Schedule. Lower SoS picks earlier if the records are the same.

1. Cleveland Browns (0-14, .513)
2. New York Giants (2-12, .529)
3. Indianapolis Colts (3-11, .487)
4. Houston Texans (4-10, .504)
5. San Francisco 49ers (4-10, .513)
6. Chicago Bears (4-10, .559)
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-9, .559)
8. Cincinnati Bengals (5-9, .473)
9. Denver Broncos (5-9, .482)
10. New York Jets (5-9, .532)

So, with 2 weeks to go, we currently own the #3 pick.

If the NYG win one of their last two games (@ARI, WAS), their stronger SoS ensures that we would be ahead of them in the pick order if we lose out and gain the #2 pick.

Also, our much weaker SoS ensures that we would stay at the head of the 4-win line even if we tripped up and won one of our last two games retaining the #3 pick.

Of course, if we somehow truly screw up and win our last two games, we would probably drop down to #9 behind CIN since they have an even weaker SoS that we do.

So, in week 16, root for the Giants and for us to lose to the Ravens and we will ensure that we end up with the #2 or #3 pick.

Walk Worthy,

FatDT
12-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Lose to Ravens, then kick the shit out of the Texans sounds pretty good to me. I don't know that going from 3 to 2 makes much of a difference.

GoBigBlue88
12-18-2017, 10:28 AM
So pissed at Giants yesterday. They dialed up the worst 4 red zone plays I've seen in some time. Coulda won and put the Colts in contention for #2...

Coltsalr
12-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Lose to Ravens, then kick the shit out of the Texans sounds pretty good to me. I don't know that going from 3 to 2 makes much of a difference.

I guess that depends on whether Rosen/Darnold grade out as being a cut above and guys that teams are willing to give up crazy assets for.

If so, then owning the #2 pick likely becomes critical in terms of being able to entertain trade proposals.

VeveJones007
12-18-2017, 11:13 AM
I guess that depends on whether Rosen/Darnold grade out as being a cut above and guys that teams are willing to give up crazy assets for.

If so, then owning the #2 pick likely becomes critical in terms of being able to entertain trade proposals.

This. Getting the 2nd pick could be significant value. Also, with the snaking of draft picks when you have the same record, the Colts could end up picking 3rd in the first, 6th in the second, etc. Another win hurts in evenly numbered rounds.

sherck
12-18-2017, 11:18 AM

I don't know.

The team with the most ammo to move up is Cleveland because they have a HUGE bounty of picks in the 2018 draft.

Them moving to #2 is too expensive and not needed assuming that the #2 pick is a QB when they probably just drafted a QB #1 overall.

For example,I just saw one mock that had the Browns drafting QB Josh Rosen, UCLA with the #1 overall pick and then trading for the #3 pick with the Colts in order to draft RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State.

For our #3 pick, they gave up the #6 pick, the Texans 2nd round pick and their own 4th round pick.

Perhaps the #2 pick would be more compensation, but the Browns have no need to move to #2 and anyone else moving to #2 would probably have to use future year picks to do so.

We need help now. An extra 2nd round and 4th round in 2017 AND still the ability to pick one of:

OLB Bradley Chubb, N.C. State
OT Connor Williams, Texas
OG Quenton Netson, Notre Dame
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

Would be pretty nice.

===
FYI, from that mock draft with the trade, our first three round draft "haul" was:

#06 overall (1st round) = OLB Bradley Chubb, N.C. State
#35 overall (2nd round) = OT Martinas Rankin, Mississippi State
#38 overall (2nd round) = OG Will Hernandez, UTEP
#67 overall (3rd round) = ILB Cameron Smith, USC

An AFC scout compares NC State senior edge rusher Bradley Chubb to a "much more" explosive Derek Barnett.
"If you compare him to Derek Barnett, he has similar production but he is a much more explosive athlete," he said. "I think he is way ahead of (Boston College's Harold) Landry as a pro prospect." Chubb (6'4/275) is also bigger than Barnett (6'3/259). NFL.com's Lance Zierlein did not that Barnett has better hands than Chubb. "I'm undecided on where I project him, but he will be drafted earlier than where Barnett, the 14th overall pick in 2017, went," Zierlein wrote.

2015 / 13 games / 66 tackles / 10.5 TFL / 05.0 sacks / 2 FF / 1 PD / 1 INT
2016 / 13 games / 56 tackles / 21.0 TFL / 10.0 sacks / 3 FF / 1 PD / 0 INT
2017 / 12 games / 72 tackles / 23.0 TFL / 10.0 sacks / 1 FF / 2 PD / 1 INT

Watching just a bit of film on him, he looks smooth, fast and powerful. Of course, all NFL players are smooth, fast and powerful (exept Rawb Morris) but he looks like he could come in and contribute immediately alongside Sheard, Simon, Mingo and Basham.

Double O-Linemen is good. ILB is good. This would be a nice start to the 2018 draft.

Walk Worthy,

FatDT
12-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Good points I did not consider. I just want to be able to win and enjoy it without thinking about draft order. This season sucks on almost every level. Hell we may not even have a chance against the Texans. I don't know what rock bottom is for this team.

1965southpaw
12-18-2017, 11:27 AM
#FlubforChubb #BadforBrad

sherck
12-18-2017, 01:00 PM
Just looked at the 2018 draft trades.

The only 2 teams with lots of "firepower" to trade into the top couple of draft spots without the use of future draft picks are CLE and BUF.

CLE owns an extra 1st round pick (HOU), two extra 2nd round picks (HOU, PHI) and an extra 4th round pick (CAR) while retaining all of their own top round picks.

BUF owns an extra 1st round pick (KC) and an extra 2nd round pick (LAR).

It is possible that both BUF and KC make it into the playoffs so they would both be picking at 20 or lower. Even if BUF or KC do not get into the playoffs, they will probably be picking at least 17 at best based on their 8 wins thus far.

From the Walter Football draft value chart:

#2 overall pick = 2,600 points
#3 overall pick = 2,200 points

#17 overall pick = 950 points
#20 overall pick = 850 points
2nd round picks in that range = ~ 400 points

So, BUF could decide to jump up to #2 or #3 with current year picks IF they wanted to use both their 1st round picks and one (for #3 pick) or both (#2 pick) of their 2nd round picks in order to do so. I find that scenario possible but unlikely. Perhaps they feel like they are only a QB away from being competitive but giving up 4 prime draft picks for 1 player is a hard sell.

Thus, the most probably trade with current year picks is CLE coming up from their acquired Houston pick (currently #6 overall) and adding lower round picks to make up the value:

#6 overall = 1,600 points
#38 overall = 520 points (HOU 2nd round pick)
#101 overall = 96 points (own 4th round pick)

The question would be is if Cleveland wanted to pick #1 / #2 overall or #1 / #3 overall. Assuming that the #2 pick ends up being the "other" QB not taken by CLE #1 overall, then they have no need to move to #2 and moving to #3 would ensure that they got the player that they desired.

If Ballard is looking for current year picks, then having the #3 pick might end up being a better bet. If he is okay with giving away value this year in order to gain another 1st round pick next year, then just about anyone could be a trade partner.

Walk Worthy,

Spike
12-18-2017, 01:14 PM
So pissed at Giants yesterday. They dialed up the worst 4 red zone plays I've seen in some time. Coulda won and put the Colts in contention for #2...

That, and the special teams for the Giants was horrendous.

njcoltfan
12-18-2017, 02:05 PM
I don't know.

The team with the most ammo to move up is Cleveland because they have a HUGE bounty of picks in the 2018 draft.

Them moving to #2 is too expensive and not needed assuming that the #2 pick is a QB when they probably just drafted a QB #1 overall.

For example,I just saw one mock that had the Browns drafting QB Josh Rosen, UCLA with the #1 overall pick and then trading for the #3 pick with the Colts in order to draft RB Saquon Barkley, Penn State.

For our #3 pick, they gave up the #6 pick, the Texans 2nd round pick and their own 4th round pick.

Perhaps the #2 pick would be more compensation, but the Browns have no need to move to #2 and anyone else moving to #2 would probably have to use future year picks to do so.

We need help now. An extra 2nd round and 4th round in 2017 AND still the ability to pick one of:

OLB Bradley Chubb, N.C. State
OT Connor Williams, Texas
OG Quenton Netson, Notre Dame
DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

Would be pretty nice.

===
FYI, from that mock draft with the trade, our first three round draft "haul" was:

#06 overall (1st round) = OLB Bradley Chubb, N.C. State
#35 overall (2nd round) = OT Martinas Rankin, Mississippi State
#38 overall (2nd round) = OG Will Hernandez, UTEP
#67 overall (3rd round) = ILB Cameron Smith, USC

2015 / 13 games / 66 tackles / 10.5 TFL / 05.0 sacks / 2 FF / 1 PD / 1 INT
2016 / 13 games / 56 tackles / 21.0 TFL / 10.0 sacks / 3 FF / 1 PD / 0 INT
2017 / 12 games / 72 tackles / 23.0 TFL / 10.0 sacks / 1 FF / 2 PD / 1 INT

Watching just a bit of film on him, he looks smooth, fast and powerful. Of course, all NFL players are smooth, fast and powerful (exept Rawb Morris) but he looks like he could come in and contribute immediately alongside Sheard, Simon, Mingo and Basham.

Double O-Linemen is good. ILB is good. This would be a nice start to the 2018 draft.

Walk Worthy,
Chubb will be off the board before pick #6, he’s probably the best player in this draft!!

sherck
12-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Chubb will be off the board before pick #6, he’s probably the best player in this draft!!

And no one had Hooker falling to us in 2017 either.

I think that it is debatable about where Chubb will be drafted.

Bleacher Report has him as #4 with Barkley, Darnold and Fitzpatrick ahead of him.
Sports Illustrated has him as #2 outpaced only by Barkley
Yahoo Sports has him as #3 behind Barkley and Fitzpatrick
Walter Football has him as #3 behind Barkley and Fitzpatrick
CBS Sports does have him as the top prospect.
Lol, UPI has him all the way down at #19.

Regardless of individual rankings, I think that is is pretty likely that QB Rosen, QB Darnold and RB Barkley will all be picked in the first 3 or 4 picks of the draft. Franchise QBs are always taken early and Barkley, as of now, is pretty consistently ranked as a top 3 prospect.

That means that Cubb is in that next batch of "top 5" guys along with Fitzpatrick, OT Williams or perhaps OG Nelson along with a few others whom are occasionally ranked that high.

I think that it is highly possible that Chubb would be available with the 6th pick of the draft.

Walk Worthy,

VeveJones007
12-18-2017, 03:55 PM
And no one had Hooker falling to us in 2017 either.

I think that it is debatable about where Chubb will be drafted.

Bleacher Report has him as #4 with Barkley, Darnold and Fitzpatrick ahead of him.
Sports Illustrated has him as #2 outpaced only by Barkley
Yahoo Sports has him as #3 behind Barkley and Fitzpatrick
Walter Football has him as #3 behind Barkley and Fitzpatrick
CBS Sports does have him as the top prospect.
Lol, UPI has him all the way down at #19.

Regardless of individual rankings, I think that is is pretty likely that QB Rosen, QB Darnold and RB Barkley will all be picked in the first 3 or 4 picks of the draft. Franchise QBs are always taken early and Barkley, as of now, is pretty consistently ranked as a top 3 prospect.

That means that Cubb is in that next batch of "top 5" guys along with Fitzpatrick, OT Williams or perhaps OG Nelson along with a few others whom are occasionally ranked that high.

I think that it is highly possible that Chubb would be available with the 6th pick of the draft.

Walk Worthy,

I would be happy with that trade down and getting one of Chubb or Williams. The problem is that I don't see Cleveland moving up to #2 after already having #1. Regardless, getting the 2nd pick is the priority because it gives the Colts the option to stay put and get the guy they want, or trade back if there's enough value offered.

Coltsalr
12-18-2017, 04:03 PM
I'd look for Denver as a potential trade partner for a blue chip QB. Elway is extremely impatient with the QB situation and if he believes in Darnold/Rosen, I could definitely see him moving the farm for him. Elway is a dice-roller (as evidenced by his free agent splurge signings).

They'll likely have a top 10 pick. They're currently slated to have the #9 pick. Still, even the #9 overall picks for the first three rounds doesn't add up to value. So we'd likely be taking future #1's. Or, perhaps more intriguingly, given their defensive strength, what if they would give up one of their defensive players?

I haven't thought this through (I'm typing this out while I should be paying attention to a work conference call) I'll throw it out there: Bradley Roby, #1 2017 and #2018. Yay or nay?

IndyEdge32
12-18-2017, 04:22 PM
I love the chatter, but we all know that nothing will happen and Ballard will go with a guard. Indy will find a way to derp this.

FatDT
12-18-2017, 05:07 PM
I love the chatter, but we all know that nothing will happen and Ballard will go with a guard. Indy will find a way to derp this.

Why would we "know" this? I am happy with Ballard's first draft and have no reason to think he will "derp" anything.

IndyEdge32
12-18-2017, 05:23 PM
Why would we "know" this? I am happy with Ballard's first draft and have no reason to think he will "derp" anything.

Were you happy with Grigson's first draft?

I'm not saying Ballard is Grigson, but I'm also not going to expect him to start wheeling and dealing to reset the team. Until New England called, he was going to ride out the season with Tolzien.

omahacolt
12-18-2017, 06:05 PM

i can't imagine that ballard would even consider taking a guard in the top 5.

now in the 2nd round? sure

Coltsalr
12-18-2017, 06:51 PM
i can't imagine that ballard would even consider taking a guard in the top 5.

now in the 2nd round? sure

I’ve seen a few Mocks that indicate Quenten Nelson might be BPA.

omahacolt
12-18-2017, 07:02 PM
I’ve seen a few Mocks that indicate Quenten Nelson might be BPA.

only a moron takes a guard in the top 10

Puck
12-18-2017, 08:26 PM
only a moron takes a guard in the top 10

Again he might be the best player in the draft.... and is the best olineman in the draft.

Not sure why taking a guard is such a no no ..... AC Nelson Kelly on the left would be awesome.

I dont care who they draft as long as the Oline gets fixed first and foremost in FA or use the draft... or both.

Like Sherck said. Overpay in FA and I'll add over draft if you have to.

Protect Luck! Finnaly as a Colts QB lets see him play with a good Oline.

omahacolt
12-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Again he might be the best player in the draft.... and is the best olineman in the draft.

Not sure why taking a guard is such a no no ..... AC Nelson Kelly on the left would be awesome.

I dont care who they draft as long as the Oline gets fixed first and foremost in FA or use the draft... or both.

Like Sherck said. Overpay in FA and I'll add over draft if you have to.

Protect Luck! Finnaly as a Colts QB lets see him play with a good Oline.
Getting a real offensive scheme will do more to protect Luck than a guard

Puck
12-18-2017, 09:08 PM

Well then I want that too. Along with all the other stuff I said

Coltsalr
12-18-2017, 09:21 PM
I think this highlights that we have so many needs that getting the #2 pick so trading back to get more assets becomes more appealing.

This team needs a major talent infusion at ILB, OLB/DE (depending on what scheme the new coaching staff installs), and of course, OL.

This team will also likely be having departures in our depth at RB, WR, TE, and DB.

I’d argue the need to inject premium talent is more pressing in the former group, but we’ll still need to fill out the other positions and filling them out with garbage depth will just weigh down the team in other ways.

For example, if we could somehow turn pick #2 or #3 into two lower picks (likely by trading for and then trading back into the 1st round from our own 2nd rounders and anything else we might receive) and come away with ILB Roquan Smith (Georgia) and OLB Arden Key (LSU) then I’d argue that we would be well on our way to rebuilding our defense.

Maniac
12-18-2017, 09:33 PM
I think this highlights that we have so many needs that getting the #2 pick so trading back to get more assets becomes more appealing.

This team needs a major talent infusion at ILB, OLB/DE (depending on what scheme the new coaching staff installs), and of course, OL.

This team will also likely be having departures in our depth at RB, WR, TE, and DB.

I’d argue the need to inject premium talent is more pressing in the former group, but we’ll still need to fill out the other positions and filling them out with garbage depth will just weigh down the team in other ways.

For example, if we could somehow turn pick #2 or #3 into two lower picks (likely by trading for and then trading back into the 1st round from our own 2nd rounders and anything else we might receive) and come away with ILB Roquan Smith (Georgia) and OLB Arden Key (LSU) then I’d argue that we would be well on our way to rebuilding our defense.

This team needs blue chip players. If they get #3 and trade back, they better only trade back a few spots at most. Trading back into the lower part of the 1st round makes it harder to build a team with real talent. We need those difference makers. We have other picks and plenty of cap space to fill in other positions otherwise.

Coltsalr
12-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Here’s some scouting reports on pass rushers/ILB that should be going early to mid 1st round:

https://withthefirstpick.com/2017/06/17/bradley-chubb-nc-state-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

https://withthefirstpick.com/2017/11/02/roquan-smith-georgia-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

https://withthefirstpick.com/2017/05/16/arden-key-lsu-2018-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

Like I said, adding two of these guys would provide us with a very much needed talent infusion shot in the arm.

omahacolt
12-18-2017, 10:28 PM
Well then I want that too. Along with all the other stuff I said

A team this bad

Can't draft a guard in the top ten

Coltsalr
12-18-2017, 10:56 PM
A team this bad

Can't draft a guard in the top ten

If that’s the case, is there any position besides pass rush that you’d approve of?

(With the understanding that there isn’t a guy that’s top 10 talent at ILB, if you’d even consider that position, not sure if that’s also on your No Fly List or not).

VeveJones007
12-18-2017, 11:01 PM

And getting a legitimate pass rusher will make the Colts a better team than a good guard would.

VeveJones007
12-18-2017, 11:02 PM
This team needs blue chip players. If they get #3 and trade back, they better only trade back a few spots at most. Trading back into the lower part of the 1st round makes it harder to build a team with real talent. We need those difference makers. We have other picks and plenty of cap space to fill in other positions otherwise.

Agree. I think they’ll listen to all offers but stay put and take Chubb.

YDFL Commish
12-18-2017, 11:25 PM

Can I thank this 10xover.

1965southpaw
12-18-2017, 11:53 PM
If that’s the case, is there any position besides pass rush that you’d approve of?

(With the understanding that there isn’t a guy that’s top 10 talent at ILB, if you’d even consider that position, not sure if that’s also on your No Fly List or not).

Not that you asked me but if he's available I only approve of using our first pick on Chubb.......not because we desperately need a blue chip pass rusher (although we do) but think of all the dick jokes we can torment Omaha with..............What do you get when you cross a chub with a hooker?????:eek:

FatDT
12-19-2017, 01:16 AM
Watch Chubb vs. FSU to get an idea of what he can do to a backfield.

Butter
12-19-2017, 03:17 AM
Not that you asked me but if he's available I only approve of using our first pick on Chubb.......not because we desperately need a blue chip pass rusher (although we do) but think of all the dick jokes we can torment Omaha with..............What do you get when you cross a chub with a hooker?????:eek:

Don't quit your day job.

omahacolt
12-19-2017, 06:55 AM

OT if there is one. CB would be ok I guess.

Ilber would have to be one hell of a player to go top 10. I would do it.

In general a top 10 should be qb, o tackle or pass rusher, and wr and cb. Rarely would I pick any other position.

albany ed
12-19-2017, 08:48 AM
I'm hoping for a healthy Andrew Luck and the Colts drafting a blue chip pass rusher. Nothing can make a CB look better than a hurried QB.

sherck
12-19-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm hoping for a healthy Andrew Luck and the Colts drafting a blue chip pass rusher. Nothing can make a CB look better than a hurried QB.
I would be fine with the drafting of a pass rusher in the 1st round.

I am not sold on Chubb being THAT MUCH better of a prospect than the likes of:

Harold Landry (Boston College)
Clelim Ferrell (Clemson)
Arden Key (LSU)
Sam Hubbard (Ohio State)

but I would not be against taking him if Ballard and the new coaching staff think he is all that and a box of crackers.

I also would not be opposed to trading down, perhaps multiple times to the middle of the round in order to draft one of the other guys if Ballard and staff think that he is "their" guy.

======

OLB Bradley Chubb

-- OR --

OLB Landry / Ferrell / Key / Hubbard

PLUS

Two extra 2nd round picks (#6 and #13 of round)
One extra 4th round pick (unknown pick as they will make playoffs)

Scenario:

Houston's 1st round pick (#6) + Houston's 2nd round pick + Carolina's 4th round pick (drop from #3 to #6 trade with CLE)
Green Bay's 1st round pick (#13) + Green Bay's 2nd round pick (drop from #6 to #13 trade with GB)

Personally, since top 15 draft picks seem to have about a 50/50 chance of not developing (I cannot find the article currently where I read that), I would like to have some more chances to pick guys in the 2nd round that could help the team. That would end up being 4 picks in the top 49.

Walk Worthy,

Coltsalr
12-19-2017, 10:34 AM
OT if there is one. CB would be ok I guess.

Ilber would have to be one hell of a player to go top 10. I would do it.

In general a top 10 should be qb, o tackle or pass rusher, and wr and cb. Rarely would I pick any other position.

There will be an OT, but I’m surprised you’d say that given that you love Castonzo. I’m actually pretty against drafting an OT as of right now, though Castonzo probably isn’t worth the top flight LT money he’s being paid, he’s still a relative strength and dumping him would just be creating a position that we’d immediately need to replace. Replacing him with a top flight LT from the draft (assuming they pan out) would not be the same as the upgrade would be from Antonio Morrison to Roquan Smith, for example.

And CB? You’re completely opposed to Safety, right? That said, I do think Minkau Fitzpatrick has the potential to be something truly special, so if he grades out significantly higher than Chubb, gotta go with BPA, I suppose.

I love Roquan Smith but I don’t think anyone considers him top 5 talent and I don’t like reaching for him, particularly when we have needs elsewhere. Definitely fine with trading back and trying to add him and another position of need on defense.

omahacolt
12-19-2017, 06:32 PM
There will be an OT, but I’m surprised you’d say that given that you love Castonzo. I’m actually pretty against drafting an OT as of right now, though Castonzo probably isn’t worth the top flight LT money he’s being paid, he’s still a relative strength and dumping him would just be creating a position that we’d immediately need to replace. Replacing him with a top flight LT from the draft (assuming they pan out) would not be the same as the upgrade would be from Antonio Morrison to Roquan Smith, for example.

And CB? You’re completely opposed to Safety, right? That said, I do think Minkau Fitzpatrick has the potential to be something truly special, so if he grades out significantly higher than Chubb, gotta go with BPA, I suppose.

I love Roquan Smith but I don’t think anyone considers him top 5 talent and I don’t like reaching for him, particularly when we have needs elsewhere. Definitely fine with trading back and trying to add him and another position of need on defense.

i wouldn't dump AC at all. i would at most move him to rt eventually. he is fine at LT. but i don't like that Good keeps getting hurt. and passing on a great OT is just hard for me to do.

i was mainly speaking in generalities as i haven't looked at this draft class much. but no way i take the fitzpatrick kid over the best pass rusher in the draft. unless that pass rusher just wasn't good.

Coltsalr
12-19-2017, 07:10 PM
i wouldn't dump AC at all. i would at most move him to rt eventually. he is fine at LT. but i don't like that Good keeps getting hurt. and passing on a great OT is just hard for me to do.

i was mainly speaking in generalities as i haven't looked at this draft class much. but no way i take the fitzpatrick kid over the best pass rusher in the draft. unless that pass rusher just wasn't good.

I like Mike McGlinchey a lot. Him at LT and Castonzo at RT (or vice verse to start their careers) would go a LONG way in shoring up the OL I bet. Connor Willaims the Texas LT gets high marks too, but I confess to not having watched tons of Texas football.

As I’ve said in the past, if ever the Colts want to over-correct on the OL, that’s fine with me. Yes, I’ll hate seeing the defense go unaddressed again. Yes, I’ll be infuriated by lack of pass rush some more. However, if Luck did get an actual OL, I would never FAULT the GM for doing so.

I do however watch a bunch of Alabama football and Fitzpatrick is the real deal. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a DB so complete in college ball. Great coverage, both from a CB and I bet he could handle a centerfield safety role. And he’s willing to stick his nose in. A guy with that much versatility, if we had a smart coaching staff, could really be utilized all over the field and open some things up.

Bradley Chubb however does appear to be the guy in terms of pass rush. Again, I don’t tend to watch too much NC State, but he looks like he’d be a difference maker.

Racehorse
12-19-2017, 07:21 PM
I like Mike McGlinchey a lot.

That name is too close to one we had before who sucked.

Coltsalr
12-19-2017, 07:54 PM
That name is too close to one we had before who sucked.

That is a great point.

njcoltfan
12-19-2017, 09:00 PM
Omaha, you live in the Raleigh area, you should know quite a lot about Chubb, so give us your wit and wisdom on him.

omahacolt
12-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Omaha, you live in the Raleigh area, you should know quite a lot about Chubb, so give us your wit and wisdom on him.

I don't watch nc state football. I go to Chappel hill a lot and talk to UNC fans but it is all basketball. Nobody here talks about NC state. I see their fans but haven't talked to them.

Too many people here are transplants. And in general most people are morons

I watched my first highlight reel of him on Sunday and I wasn't all that impressed with his get off. Will watch more soon

Luck4Reich
12-20-2017, 07:04 AM
I don’t watch much college football. What are your thoughts on Arden Key versus Chubb?

We know we need pass rush and I hope Ballard gets is right.

Luck4Reich
12-20-2017, 07:09 AM
Any thoughts on DT Maurice Hurst?

Be nice if we could have a trade to get us a great pass rush LB and DT in same draft.

Wishful thinking and I doubt possible:cool:

sherck
12-20-2017, 07:59 AM
Any thoughts on DT Maurice Hurst?

Be nice if we could have a trade to get us a great pass rush LB and DT in same draft.

Wishful thinking and I doubt possible:cool:
There are 2 lines of thought on how to improve a team the fastest:

1. Reinforce a strength to make it a true force.
2. Strengthen a weakness to bring it up to at least average.

Polian choose to follow #1 all during the 2000s by continuing to reinforce the offense around Peyton. It led to great regular season success and 1 Super Bowl but left a defense that was always struggling unless put in the perfect position (big lead in the 2nd half against a team inclined to pass to catch up).

Personally, I want to have a team that gets to at least "average" at all parts of the team and then can use or add the select rainmaker as BPA to bring that part of the team up to superior levels.

Right now, the D-Line is at least average if not a bit above it. Not a ton above it but a bit above it. Hankins, Woods, Anderson, Hunt, Ridgeway and Stewart are a good rotation and has had success this year; especially against the run early in games.

The downside is that their good play masks the dreadful play of our ILBs early in games but once our D-Line starts getting worn down as the game goes on (since we typically are losing the ToP stat and we are behind so that the other team can focus running the ball), the lack of quality ILBs starts allowing opposing offenses to gash us in the running game where they start rolling up the yards.

I like our D-Line right now. Our Pass Rush, ILB and O-Line are the glaring areas of our team that are not at least NFL average. I will be pretty pissed if our 1st round pick is at any other position than those.

Walk Worthy,

FatDT
12-20-2017, 10:29 AM
I don’t watch much college football. What are your thoughts on Arden Key versus Chubb?

We know we need pass rush and I hope Ballard gets is right.

Risk with Key. His production in 2016 came when he weighed 230 lbs. He hasn't had a good year, low production, injuries, a leave of absence from the team that seems weird. He might be a good player but I would not use an early pick on him. Don't like pass rushers that have to put on significant weight to be NFL-ready. They usually don't move the same way with 30 new lbs.

Pez
12-20-2017, 12:50 PM

Agree, this and a guard...

DrSpaceman
12-20-2017, 06:08 PM
There are 2 lines of thought on how to improve a team the fastest:

1. Reinforce a strength to make it a true force.
2. Strengthen a weakness to bring it up to at least average.

Polian choose to follow #1 all during the 2000s by continuing to reinforce the offense around Peyton. It led to great regular season success and 1 Super Bowl but left a defense that was always struggling unless put in the perfect position (big lead in the 2nd half against a team inclined to pass to catch up).

Personally, I want to have a team that gets to at least "average" at all parts of the team and then can use or add the select rainmaker as BPA to bring that part of the team up to superior levels.

Right now, the D-Line is at least average if not a bit above it. Not a ton above it but a bit above it. Hankins, Woods, Anderson, Hunt, Ridgeway and Stewart are a good rotation and has had success this year; especially against the run early in games.

The downside is that their good play masks the dreadful play of our ILBs early in games but once our D-Line starts getting worn down as the game goes on (since we typically are losing the ToP stat and we are behind so that the other team can focus running the ball), the lack of quality ILBs starts allowing opposing offenses to gash us in the running game where they start rolling up the yards.

I like our D-Line right now. Our Pass Rush, ILB and O-Line are the glaring areas of our team that are not at least NFL average. I will be pretty pissed if our 1st round pick is at any other position than those.

Walk Worthy,

Agree with all that

Plus the offense this year is not good and cannot sustain drives, which plays into the TOP equation and time the D is on the field as well.

The DL is much improved this year vs prior years. Teams are not longer able to run straight up the middle on the D.

Once they go off tackle or outside though, the D still can't stop them

Also the LBers can't cover anyone in the passing game

I don't think the secondary as a whole is even too bad when healthy and they would be OK if there was a decent pass rush.

I'd be fine with a first round pick at linebacker for a pass rusher, but OL is also a big problem and needs addressed just as bad.

Ideal situation with a top 3 pick, which seems likely, is you trade down in the first round for more picks and get both

VeveJones007
12-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Houston and SF are still dangerously close on SOS. May need to lose next week to stay in 2-3 range.

falloutboy14
12-23-2017, 10:46 PM
I doubt the Texans could make up much ground. We play the same exact teams. Lots of similar teams with the 49ers too.

Brylok
12-23-2017, 10:53 PM
Houston and SF are still dangerously close on SOS. May need to lose next week to stay in 2-3 range.
Don't worry, we'll lose to Houston. Making backup QBs look great is one of the hallmarks of the Pagano era.

VeveJones007
12-23-2017, 11:09 PM
I doubt the Texans could make up much ground. We play the same exact teams. Lots of similar teams with the 49ers too.

True. It’s probably over 90% that the Colts are locked into the top 3.

FatDT
12-23-2017, 11:36 PM
We're pretty well locked into the third pick at worst aren't we?

falloutboy14
12-24-2017, 06:57 AM
The 2nd pick is still possible. But we've got a significant lead in strength of schedule on the Texans and 49ers. I doubt a big swing could happen in 2 weeks. Especially since most of our opponents are common with the other teams.

There is an advantage in staying 3 wins as in later rounds we won't rotate spots though.

sherck
12-24-2017, 07:01 AM
We're pretty well locked into the third pick at worst aren't we?

Our SOS is weaker than any other 4 win team. The below SOS even includes the Baltimore game for us which strengthened our SOS from previous so we are still weaker than any 4 win team.

Even with a win against Houston in week 17, I think it will be difficult to not be considered the weakest of the 4 win teams and still earn the #3 spot.

1 / CLE / 0-14 / 0.515
2 / NYG / 2-12 / 0.527
3 / IND / 3-12 / 0.489
4 / CLE / 4-10 / 0.502 (pick is Houston's)
5 / SF.../ 4-10 / 0.511
6 / CHI / 4-10 / 0.559
7 / TB../ 4-10 / 0.562

Walk Worthy,

sherck
12-24-2017, 07:04 AM
The 2nd pick is still possible.
Yes. All that has to happen is for the NYG to win one of their last two games and tie us at 3 wins (assuming we can manage to lose to the Texans in week 17).

At that point, their SOS will be stronger than ours and we will get the #2 overall pick.

We would then trade back and forth between the 2nd and 3rd picks of the round with NYG in later rounds but, whatever.

Root for a Manning! Go Eli!

Walk Worthy,

FatDT
12-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Our SOS is weaker than any other 4 win team. The below SOS even includes the Baltimore game for us which strengthened our SOS from previous so we are still weaker than any 4 win team.

Even with a win against Houston in week 17, I think it will be difficult to not be considered the weakest of the 4 win teams and still earn the #3 spot.

1 / CLE / 0-14 / 0.515
2 / NYG / 2-12 / 0.527
3 / IND / 3-12 / 0.489
5 / SF.../ 4-10 / 0.511
6 / CHI / 4-10 / 0.559
7 / TB../ 4-10 / 0.562

Walk Worthy,

Even if we do beat the Texans their own poor record would just further contribute to our low strength of schedule. Third overall seems guaranteed. It’s not ridiculous to think the Giants could beat AZ or WAS, either.

VeveJones007
12-24-2017, 01:06 PM

1 / CLE / 0-14 / 0.515
2 / NYG / 2-12 / 0.527
3 / IND / 3-12 / 0.489
5 / SF.../ 4-10 / 0.511
6 / CHI / 4-10 / 0.559
7 / TB../ 4-10 / 0.562

Walk Worthy,

As Fallout mentions, the biggest issue with beating the Texans is the snaking of picks in even rounds. If Colts win and those teams lose out, Colts would pick 7th in even numbered rounds.

Spike
12-24-2017, 05:30 PM

1 / CLE / 0-14 / 0.515
2 / NYG / 2-12 / 0.527
3 / IND / 3-12 / 0.489
5 / SF.../ 4-10 / 0.511
6 / CHI / 4-10 / 0.559
7 / TB../ 4-10 / 0.562

Walk Worthy,

Bears won and the Bucs lost. 49ers are leading the Jags 10-0 in the 1st quarter. New England may regret the decision to let Jimmy G go.

Spike
12-24-2017, 07:53 PM
As Fallout mentions, the biggest issue with beating the Texans is the snaking of picks in even rounds. If Colts win and those teams lose out, Colts would pick 7th in even numbered rounds.

Well the Bears won and the 49ers are trouncing the Jackoffs, Bortles has 3 picks today, lol. Niners 37-19 in the 4th quarter. That has knocked the Bears out of the equation and it appears the 49ers also.

njcoltfan
12-24-2017, 08:17 PM
Well the Bears won and the 49ers are trouncing the Jackoffs, Bortles has 3 picks today, lol. Niners 37-19 in the 4th quarter. That has knocked the Bears out of the equation and it appears the 49ers also.

The Giants getting shutout by the Cardinals is a joke, at least the Colts tried.

Spike
12-24-2017, 08:29 PM
The Giants getting shutout by the Cardinals is a joke, at least the Colts tried.

Eli is done, stick a fork in his goofy ass.

VeveJones007
12-31-2017, 05:04 PM
Well that sucks. Instead of holding an auction for the 2nd pick, the Colts will pick 3rd and as low as 5th in evenly numbered rounds.

Thorgrim
12-31-2017, 05:17 PM
Well that sucks. Instead of holding an auction for the 2nd pick, the Colts will pick 3rd and as low as 5th in evenly numbered rounds.

This team has managed to screw itself even when it wins. Now that is truly something "special".

Spike
12-31-2017, 05:17 PM

Pagano finds new ways to fuck us every week.

Luck4Reich
12-31-2017, 07:05 PM
Pagano finds new ways to fuck us every week.

Last week he will ever fuck us at least.

Thorgrim
12-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Last week he will ever fuck us at least.

I can't wait for the colts to see him on an opposing sideline next year. I wish him the best in finding a job in some coaching capacity, preferably on a staff in the AFC South.

Luck4Reich
12-31-2017, 07:35 PM
I can't wait for the colts to see him on an opposing sideline next year. I wish him the best in finding a job in some coaching capacity, preferably on a staff in the AFC South.

Maybe Cleveland hahaha... nowhere to go but up!