PDA

View Full Version : Joe Reitz Retires

Coltsalr
03-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Indianapolis Colts‏ @Colts
After 9 seasons in the @NFL, @JoeReitz76 is retiring from the game of football.

I don't think he was really expected back, but this is noteworthy, as he mostly seemed to keep finding his way back to this team.

Hats off on a decent career to a guy that never played college football.

HoosierinFL
03-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Wow, surprised it's been 9 years. Solid rotational player. Not an elite skill set but I never questioned his effort.

ukcolt
03-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Wish he hadn't retired and signed for someone else, would have helped with our compensatory picks next year.

We have quite a few guys who could be signed this offseason by other teams......Trent Cole, Erik Walden, Mike Adams, Hugh Thornton, Josh McNary, Zach Kerr, Jordan Todman, Robert Turbin, Chris Carter, Darryl Morris, and then two guys who i want us to resign...Jack Doyle and Darius Butler.

None of those other than potentially Walden and Jack Doyle are likely to get a large contracts giving us high round compensation picks.....but even extra 6th and 7th rounders due to numbers lost against those we sign would be a benefit.

omahacolt
03-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Good and solid player. Always liked him

FatDT
03-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Good player. Best as a 6th OL that could play 4 positions. When you think about all the injuries he had to come back from, it's surprising he made it 9 years. Good luck to him.

sherck
03-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Indianapolis Colts‏ @Colts
After 9 seasons in the @NFL, @JoeReitz76 is retiring from the game of football.

I don't think he was really expected back, but this is noteworthy, as he mostly seemed to keep finding his way back to this team.

Hats off on a decent career to a guy that never played college football.
Expected back? He was under contract for 2017. He was excellent depth.

Sure, a goid plan would be to sign a kick butt RG (since there are so many) and let Clark and Haeg duke it out for RT with the loser being the primary OT backup and Good being the primary OG backup with Blythe as backup OC. Not a bad depth chart but Reitz's presence made it that much stronger.

Good luck, Joe.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Puck
03-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Expected back? He was under contract for 2017. He was excellent depth.

Sure, a goid plan would be to sign a kick butt RG (since there are so many) and let Clark and Haeg duke it out for RT with the loser being the primary OT backup and Good being the primary OG backup with Blythe as backup OC. Not a bad depth chart but Reitz's presence made it that much stronger.

Good luck, Joe.

Cheers,

Cap space savings?

sherck
03-07-2017, 02:21 PM
Cap space savings?
$2.4m

Colts right at $51m in free cap space to use on free agents after accounting for 53 man squad, practice squad, draftees and "churn" space.

Go get 'em, Ballard since he won't re-sign any of the guys I wanted him to.

Cheers,

Puck
03-07-2017, 02:40 PM
$2.4m

Colts right at $51m in free cap space to use on free agents after accounting for 53 man squad, practice squad, draftees and "churn" space.

Go get 'em, Ballard since he won't re-sign any of the guys I wanted him to.

Cheers,

Hopefully he has a plan

Puck
03-07-2017, 02:52 PM
Good and solid player. Always liked him

you know he was white right?

omahacolt
03-07-2017, 04:30 PM
you know he was white right?

Very much so