PDA

View Full Version : Where is Andrew Luck?

Brylok
12-02-2017, 02:08 AM
It's been a month since Chris Ballard announced that Andrew Luck would be put on IR and not play this year. It's been three weeks since Mike Wells reported that Andrew Luck is in Europe seeking other opinions/treatment. Since then...nothing. I'm not sure what to make of it, but this doesn't feel normal to me. I'm beginning to think that Jacoby Brissett is our franchise QB of the future. This off-season will be brutal.

indycolts2
12-02-2017, 02:31 AM
It's been a month since Chris Ballard announced that Andrew Luck would be put on IR and not play this year. It's been three weeks since Mike Wells reported that Andrew Luck is in Europe seeking other opinions/treatment. Since then...nothing. I'm not sure what to make of it, but this doesn't feel normal to me. I'm beginning to think that Jacoby Brissett is our franchise QB of the future. This off-season will be brutal.

Personally I think it is good he is out of sight and out of mind. He wasn't speaking to anyone about anything we wanted to hear anyway. Actually grew tired of seeing him on the sidelines. Hopefully someone in Europe is healing him because if not you may be right about Brissett. This off season will be a huge guessing game until he is throwing again in the manner he is expected to, if he even does.

daedge
12-02-2017, 04:04 AM

Calm down.

He's overseas getting opinions/treatment. Do you really expect updates on his movements constantly?

His season is done and he's gone to Europe. Enough of this panicking and assuming he's not coming back because you don't know what he had for dinner last night or when he took his last crap.

You should be glad he's nowhere near Pagano right now.

Also, Brissett and the words 'franchise quarterback' should never be used in the same sentence.

YDFL Commish
12-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Preparing for the World Cup?

VeveJones007
12-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Holder said today that he’s still in Europe.

Thorgrim
12-02-2017, 06:01 PM
Pagano sent him to a clinic in Poland to improve his special teams skills.

Racehorse
12-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Calm down.

He's overseas getting opinions/treatment. Do you really expect updates on his movements constantly?

His season is done and he's gone to Europe. Enough of this panicking and assuming he's not coming back because you don't know what he had for dinner last night or when he took his last crap.

You should be glad he's nowhere near Pagano right now.

Also, Brissett and the words 'franchise quarterback' should never be used in the same sentence.
I agree. He is out of sight to avoid the media right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he were being accompanied by a PT person doing stuff away from the facility here to keep the questions at bay.

DrSpaceman
12-03-2017, 07:07 PM
He is likely in Europe to get stem cell treatment that can't be done in the states.

And to avoid this circus of a front office and team.

Better for him to stay away for now

njcoltfan
12-03-2017, 07:10 PM
He and Irsay are both in Europe. Big Jim is in Amsterdam doing what he does best and Luck is getting his shoulder looked at.

Brylok
12-03-2017, 10:10 PM
It's going to be a LONG off-season.

testcase448
12-04-2017, 11:01 AM
He is likely in Europe to get stem cell treatment that can't be done in the states.

And to avoid this circus of a front office and team.

Better for him to stay away for now

Better for him if we trade him

Racehorse
12-04-2017, 06:42 PM
better for him if we trade him

gtfoh

Brylok
12-04-2017, 07:03 PM
Uh...no.

Maniac
12-04-2017, 07:10 PM
gtfoh

That dude never gives up on that stupid shit.

smitty46953
12-04-2017, 07:51 PM

Where is the Asylum that you are a Testcase at ? Therapy not working? :cool:

1965southpaw
12-11-2017, 06:48 PM
According to Mike Wells today, he talked to Pagano who confirmed that Luck is in fact still in europe being treated. He said they communicate regularly via text and email and that he is "making progress". JMV was trying to make a big deal of the fact that they are talking via text vs phone calls (as if they aren't close enough to the situation). I don't know.....I think email/text is about the same as a phone call. At some point they need more but don't know if it's now.

omahacolt
12-11-2017, 06:53 PM
According to Mike Wells today, he talked to Pagano who confirmed that Luck is in fact still in europe being treated. He said they communicate regularly via text and email and that he is "making progress". JMV was trying to make a big deal of the fact that they are talking via text vs phone calls (as if they aren't close enough to the situation). I don't know.....I think email/text is about the same as a phone call. At some point they need more but don't know if it's now.

i would also imagine that the colts docs are getting input from his docs there if there is information that needs shared.

Thorgrim
12-11-2017, 07:09 PM
i would also imagine that the colts docs are getting input from his docs there if there is information that needs shared.

I dunno about texts. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts docs are still using rotary phones.

1965southpaw
12-11-2017, 07:23 PM
I dunno about texts. Wouldn’t be surprised if the Colts docs are still using rotary phones.

Lol....that made me snort my Diet Coke into my nose. That shit burns. :D

1965southpaw
12-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Forgot to mention that Luck is currently anticipated to talk on the Monday after the season ends......I'm sure that timing is to aid in recruiting the new head coach.

omahacolt
12-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Lol....that made me snort my Diet Coke into my nose. That shit burns. :D

good.

shouldn't be drinking that trash anyway

1965southpaw
12-11-2017, 09:16 PM
good.

I know. I don't usually but I needed the caffeine boost tonight.

FatDT
12-11-2017, 09:19 PM
good.

You drink trash beer.

omahacolt
12-11-2017, 09:42 PM
You drink trash beer.

I drink all kinds of beer

But that is irrelevant to the discussion

Coltsalr
12-11-2017, 10:20 PM

With Luck having the flip phone, I’m not sure modern day cell companies have international call plans on non-smart phones.

Brylok
12-12-2017, 12:52 AM

I don't believe a word that comes from Chuck's mouth. I wouldn't believe Irsay if he said anything about it either. This is only going to get worse. The regular season isn't even over yet.

albany ed
12-12-2017, 07:57 AM
There must be over 50 countries in Europe, so why do they keep saying he's in Europe? Is he going from country to country for his treatment? I hope he got a Eurail pass.

GoBigBlue88
12-12-2017, 08:58 AM
If I'm Irsay, I damn well pay someone to be over in Europe relaying updates to me. To have Luck emailing the Colts is absurd even for the standards of this season.

ChoppedWood
12-12-2017, 09:02 AM
If I'm Irsay, I damn well pay someone to be over in Europe relaying updates to me. To have Luck emailing the Colts is absurd even for the standards of this season.

And if am Andrew Luck I damn well pay someone to be over in the Colts HQ relaying updates to me and they better be filled with very succinct terminology such as "Fuck Chuck" and "His office will be empty at 4:05 PM 12/31/17" or "please don't hate me because I was stupid and let this guy stay and destroy you". Anything short of that is absurd by any standard of sanity!

1965southpaw
12-12-2017, 12:28 PM
There must be over 50 countries in Europe, so why do they keep saying he's in Europe? Is he going from country to country for his treatment? I hope he got a Eurail pass.

He's in Germany. The top guy in stem cell research is there. They are a good 5 years ahead of the US in this work. I for one am happy he's there. I don't get why some people act as though he's gone to a third world witch doctor.......not that I have anything against witch doctors. :D. They think some day this work will replace a lot of the orthopedic reconstruction/replacement that is massively invasive (ex hip, knee, shoulder replacement surgeries).

GoBigBlue88
12-12-2017, 02:18 PM
He's in Germany. The top guy in stem cell research is there. They are a good 5 years ahead of the US in this work. I for one am happy he's there. I don't get why some people act as though he's gone to a third world witch doctor.......not that I have anything against witch doctors. :D. They think some day this work will replace a lot of the orthopedic reconstruction/replacement that is massively invasive (ex hip, knee, shoulder replacement surgeries).

I think people are less upset he's there (IMO, it makes total sense and is smart), and more upset that the Colts are just like "cool, text us, k?"

Maniac
12-12-2017, 02:21 PM
I think people are less upset he's there (IMO, it makes total sense and is smart), and more upset that the Colts are just like "cool, text us, k?"

I would rather them be at a distance than have one of their screw-ups from their medical staff there.

1965southpaw
12-12-2017, 03:29 PM

Sorry, I wasn't targeting my comments to the people in this board but I've heard a lot of ignorance from people that call in to JMVs show or in the comments section of the Colts Facebook page where they act like Indiana is the epicenter of great healthcare and it's another signal of Colts incompetence that poor Andrew isnt being treated in 'Merica.......that kind of ignorance gets me going and I had just seen a boatload of it on the Colts page on Facebook. :confused:

Brylok
12-13-2017, 01:46 PM
The whole situation just seems very strange to me.

YDFL Commish
12-13-2017, 11:49 PM
The whole situation just seems very strange to me.

Why? Pags is texting Luck to see if his dad can get him a job coaching in NFL Europe.

Puck
12-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Why? Pags is texting Luck to see if his dad can get him a job coaching in NFL Europe.

And he can't. No one has that much pull

Pez
12-15-2017, 05:12 PM

Moving to Europe would get Pags away from those nutty groundhog day nor'easters...

Racehorse
12-16-2017, 09:30 AM
Some of you guys remind me of a teenage girl when it comes to this. “He hasn’t responded to my text and it has been two minutes, so I just know he is sleeping with Heather That whore better leave my man alone!”

Brylok
12-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Some of you guys remind me of a teenage girl when it comes to this. “He hasn’t responded to my text and it has been two minutes, so I just know he is sleeping with Heather That whore better leave my man alone!”
It isn't so much that, it's just that I can't picture an organization like Green Bay, New England, or even New Orleans keeping their fans completely in the dark regarding the status of their franchise quarterback. It just seems like one of those "only the Colts" things, and it needs to change. Unless, of course, he's finished...and we'll find out eventually anyway.

rcubed
12-16-2017, 02:32 PM
It isn't so much that, it's just that I can't picture an organization like Green Bay, New England, or even New Orleans keeping their fans completely in the dark regarding the status of their franchise quarterback. It just seems like one of those "only the Colts" things, and it needs to change. Unless, of course, he's finished...and we'll find out eventually anyway.
We are not in the dark. He is on IR. He is in Europe getting treatment. Do you expect an day by day update? What happens when they are updating that things are going well then there is a setback, people freak out

omahacolt
12-16-2017, 02:51 PM

There is nothing you need to know more than you were told.

1965southpaw
12-16-2017, 08:31 PM

Well to be fair, everyone knows that Heather is a whore. :D

omahacolt
12-16-2017, 08:56 PM

Never met a heather that wasn't

Coltsalr
12-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Mort with the update:

@mortreport
Luck reportedly is feeling very optimistic but IF pain returns when he resumes throwing, a procedure known as tenodesis will be under strong consideration. Medical experts say it is a 3-to-6 month recovery so a decision would ideally be made by mid-January, sources said.

VeveJones007
12-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Mort with the update:

@mortreport
Luck reportedly is feeling very optimistic but IF pain returns when he resumes throwing, a procedure known as tenodesis will be under strong consideration. Medical experts say it is a 3-to-6 month recovery so a decision would ideally be made by mid-January, sources said.

Will Carroll can’t think of a player coming back from the biceps procedure. If he isn’t pain free, this could be bad.

Luck4Reich
12-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Will Carroll can’t think of a player coming back from the biceps procedure. If he isn’t pain free, this could be bad.

Who cares what he can and can’t remember. Until we hear Luck is done stop speculating.

Brylok
12-17-2017, 02:59 PM
There is nothing you need to know more than you were told.
You're right. I'm not a season ticket holder.

Brylok
12-17-2017, 03:00 PM
I dated a Heather once. Can confirm.

VeveJones007
12-17-2017, 08:32 PM
Who cares what he can and can’t remember. Until we hear Luck is done stop speculating.

My sincerest apologies.

Luck4Reich
12-17-2017, 08:59 PM
My sincerest apologies.

No apology needed we are all frustrated about this season. Just a waiting game with him to see what happens. I’m going to be optimistic until we hear it’s over.

Maniac
12-17-2017, 09:14 PM
http://www.njorthoclinic.com/need-biceps-tenodesis-labrum-tear/

from that article:

Now you’re probably thinking, why would you fix my biceps if my labrum is torn? This will make more sense after discussing the anatomy of your shoulder.

To begin with, the shoulder is a ball and socket joint. The ball is the humeral head and the socket is the glenoid. Around the edge of the glenoid is the labrum, which helps deepen the socket and allows your shoulder to glide smoothly in all different ranges of motion. The biceps tendon then attaches at the top of the labrum. When you have a labrum tear sometimes your biceps tendon can be involved as well and be partially torn. If the biceps tendon is not involved and you only have a labrum tear, it can still be contributing to your pain by pulling on the labrum. With a biceps tenodesis, the biceps tendon is cut out of the shoulder joint from the top of the labrum and is reattached to the humerus (which ends up being right near your armpit).

The most common question we get once we describe this to patients is “Will my biceps work normally after this procedure?” The answer is an unequivocal yes. There is very little functional role for the biceps tendon in the shoulder joint. But reattaching it assures that you will not lose any strength or range of motion. You will only be in a sling for about 3-4 weeks and will get started in physical therapy (PT) several days after surgery. You can expect to be in PT for about 3 months where they will work on restoring your range of motion and strength. After 3 months of PT you will be finished with treatment and back to mostly everything that you want to be doing.

http://www.njorthoclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/SLAP-Biceps-Tenodesis-263x300-1.jpg

VeveJones007
12-18-2017, 11:06 AM
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-andrew-luck-shoulder-surgery-biceps-throw-1217-story,amp.html#click=https://t.co/w5N53BJenz

Dr Chao says a SLAP repair isn’t as bad for a QB as it is for a pitcher, but would still change the mechanics of the shoulder and require some re-learning.

Puck
12-18-2017, 07:18 PM
http://www.njorthoclinic.com/need-biceps-tenodesis-labrum-tear/

from that article:

I have tech that had this same thing and his bicep did tear away. He got it fixed and all was well

1965southpaw
12-18-2017, 08:29 PM
Dakitch had Mort on his show today to expand on his report re Andrew. It was a very informative interview. I suggest everyone check it out on The Fan website.....Smitty posted a link the other day.....can't remember where.

I don't have time to do an in depth summary but it's clear he's getting his info directly from the Lucks and he has a clear grasp over what's happened and where things stand. One interesting nugget he thouroughly disputed those who are saying nobody has recovered from this tendon thing.....he said the procedure that's now being discussed is a common part of this type of injury and in fact it's usually done at the time of the actual labrum repair. As for athletes in the NFL who have had it he said that Drew Bree's shoulder injury was more severe and he had both the labrum and this tendon fix done at the same time and he's obviously come back as good as ever.....of course everyone's recovery is different. DD tried to box Mort into saying the Colts have somehow fucked this up medically but Mort vehemently disagreed saying the if you have to point the finger at anyone that it belongs with Andrew. Instead of going with the top shoulder guy used by the NFL (dr Anderson) he wanted to go with a surgeon at Stanford that he knew. Mort suggested that this guy is also a wold renowned surgeon but his specialty is hips not shoulders and perhaps took more conservative approach in repairing the labrum solely vs knocking out. The tendon at the same time. Mort said that Anderson ALWYS does both together. Anyway, it was Andrews decision (as it should be....it's his body). There's lots more there.....for those of you that feel you don't know as much as you should take a listen.

YDFL Commish
12-18-2017, 11:29 PM
I have tech that had this same thing and his bicep did tear away. He got it fixed and all was well

Does he throw footballs for a living?

Luck4Reich
12-19-2017, 06:03 AM
Does he throw footballs for a living?

No, but he did stay at a holiday inn express.:cool:

testcase448
12-19-2017, 10:57 AM
does he throw footballs for a living?

does luck anymore?

Maniac
12-19-2017, 11:25 AM
does luck anymore?

Not as much as you suck them.

albany ed
12-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Not as much as you suck them.

You got some mouth on you Jesus! Next you'll be saying EAT ME!

Racehorse
12-19-2017, 02:48 PM
Test case? Hmmm...must be a sacrificial lamb of a troll to see how the test case ends up before the actual infestation to follow.

Coltsalr
12-19-2017, 03:23 PM
If I reboot the Worst Poster of the Year contest, Dam, Apballin, and testcase would definitely be candidates. Anyone else that should warrant consideration?

Racehorse
12-19-2017, 03:55 PM
If I reboot the Worst Poster of the Year contest, Dam, Apballin, and testcase would definitely be candidates. Anyone else that should warrant consideration?

Just Omaha, lol

indycolts2
12-19-2017, 04:29 PM
Dakitch had Mort on his show today to expand on his report re Andrew. It was a very informative interview. I suggest everyone check it out on The Fan website.....Smitty posted a link the other day.....can't remember where.

I don't have time to do an in depth summary but it's clear he's getting his info directly from the Lucks and he has a clear grasp over what's happened and where things stand. One interesting nugget he thouroughly disputed those who are saying nobody has recovered from this tendon thing.....he said the procedure that's now being discussed is a common part of this type of injury and in fact it's usually done at the time of the actual labrum repair. As for athletes in the NFL who have had it he said that Drew Bree's shoulder injury was more severe and he had both the labrum and this tendon fix done at the same time and he's obviously come back as good as ever.....of course everyone's recovery is different. DD tried to box Mort into saying the Colts have somehow fucked this up medically but Mort vehemently disagreed saying the if you have to point the finger at anyone that it belongs with Andrew. Instead of going with the top shoulder guy used by the NFL (dr Anderson) he wanted to go with a surgeon at Stanford that he knew. Mort suggested that this guy is also a wold renowned surgeon but his specialty is hips not shoulders and perhaps took more conservative approach in repairing the labrum solely vs knocking out. The tendon at the same time. Mort said that Anderson ALWYS does both together. Anyway, it was Andrews decision (as it should be....it's his body). There's lots more there.....for those of you that feel you don't know as much as you should take a listen.
I know Indy natives may be defensive of DD and how he handles himself but from an out of state Colts fan who listens to his podcast he sometimes is an out and out egotistical horses ass when he acts like he is the only one in Indy media calling anyone out for this season and prior seasons issues. His interview I caught with Ballard was comical at best and disrespectful at the very least.

Maniac
12-19-2017, 04:48 PM
You got some mouth on you Jesus! Next you'll be saying EAT ME!

Paul used to make some good wine. I was drunk as shit when I was spouting that bs off at the table with the boys and that dirty, dirty girl Mary M. Next thing ya know they were writing it down and would keep that shit for 2,000 years on record.

Colts And Orioles
12-19-2017, 05:50 PM
If I reboot the Worst Poster of the Year contest, Dam, Apballin, and testcase would definitely be candidates. Anyone else that should warrant consideration ???

o

Me.

o

omahacolt
12-19-2017, 06:24 PM
Just Omaha, lol

it wouldn't be right if i wasn't nominated.

omahacolt
12-19-2017, 06:25 PM
o

Me.

o

that is no joke.

your posts are terrible

Coltsalr
12-19-2017, 07:13 PM
o

Me.

o

Start defending Pagano and I’ll think about it.

Colts And Orioles
12-19-2017, 07:23 PM
Start defending Pagano, and I’ll think about it.

o

Pagano should have been fired in between the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

That's the best that I can do.

o

Coltsalr
12-19-2017, 07:55 PM
o

Pagano should have been fired in between the 2015 and 2016 seasons.

That's the best that I can do.

o

I wanted him fired after the 2014 AFCCG throttling, when Jim Harbaugh was available.

Yeah, it’s unconventional for a playoff team to fire a coach, but the Broncos did it right at that time exactly and look how that worked out for them.

VeveJones007
12-21-2017, 01:09 AM
FWIW, Holder and Keefer said that the treatment went very well in Europe. They said there’s no guarantee he’ll be pain free when he starts throwing, but they said that Andrew decided to stay in Europe longer than originally intended because the treatment was going well. He wanted to keep at it to see if he could get more benefit with an extended period of treatment.

Brylok
12-21-2017, 01:27 PM
FWIW, Holder and Keefer said that the treatment went very well in Europe. They said there’s no guarantee he’ll be pain free when he starts throwing, but they said that Andrew decided to stay in Europe longer than originally intended because the treatment was going well. He wanted to keep at it to see if he could get more benefit with an extended period of treatment.

I'm hoping for the best but they need to find out ASAP. This is a HUGE off-season. I wonder if Luck went to any Champion's League games while he was over there? I know I would have.

GoBigBlue88
12-21-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm hoping for the best but they need to find out ASAP. This is a HUGE off-season. I wonder if Luck went to any Champion's League games while he was over there? I know I would have.

Probably more of a Bundesliga guy.

Brylok
12-21-2017, 05:25 PM
Probably more of a Bundesliga guy.
Bayern and Dortmund are in the Champion's League this year.

GoBigBlue88
12-21-2017, 06:32 PM

Ha derp, thought you wrote Premier League for some reason.

omahacolt
12-21-2017, 06:54 PM

Nobody cares about soccer

Puck
12-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Nobody cares about soccer

Or hockey or baseball

Brylok
12-22-2017, 01:25 AM
Or hockey or baseball

Or tennis...

omahacolt
12-22-2017, 08:29 AM
Or tennis...

Women's tennis can be entertaining

Luck4Reich
12-22-2017, 10:20 AM
http://http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=24&stc=1&d=1513952327Women's tennis can be entertaining

I agree

Discflinger
12-22-2017, 10:59 AM
Great for knocking the old balls back and forth.

njcoltfan
12-27-2017, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know if Luck is back in Indy, and if he is, has he started throwing again ??

rcubed
12-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know if Luck is back in Indy, and if he is, has he started throwing again ??
because it matters why?????

Colts And Orioles
12-27-2017, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know if Luck is back in Indy, and if he is, has he started throwing again ???

Because it matters, why ??????

o

As far as I'm concerned, he can stay in Europe and continue getting treatment/rehab there from now until July, when Training Camp starts.

o

Brylok
12-27-2017, 09:17 PM
because it matters why?????
Yeah, how dare Colts fans ask questions about the most important part of the team? Of all the nerve! Luck is starting to annoy me, honestly.

Racehorse
12-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Yeah, how dare Colts fans ask questions about the most important part of the team? Of all the nerve! Luck is starting to annoy me, honestly.

Waaaa

DrSpaceman
12-27-2017, 10:57 PM
Why does anyone care if he is here right now?

So he can stand on the sidelines in street clothes and be the distraction everyone is asking about every game as the Colts lose week after week?

I would like him back here after the season to get his opinion on new OC and head coaching hires. Outside that, I'd prefer he stay away.

falloutboy14
12-28-2017, 06:52 AM
I've read he was going to be back in Indy and try to get in front of the media before the end of the season. Would be good to hear from him before we start the off-season.

rcubed
12-28-2017, 12:24 PM
because it doesn't matter right now. ask again in the summer.

Here, I will give you a quote if you want:

"Yeah, treatment went great over there. Really hated missing the season, but it was necessary. Will continue with the rehab regiment which will include increased throwing and see how it goes. Jacoby did great filling in for me. Cant wait to get back out there with the team."

or some nondescript BS like that.

omahacolt
12-28-2017, 01:11 PM

Some players aren't into talking to the media. Luck is a private person. Don't be a bitch about it.

1965southpaw
12-29-2017, 12:07 PM
Per Grady and Big Joe. Haven't yet heard what time but I'm sure it will be live streamed on FB live if you are interested.

rcubed
12-29-2017, 12:42 PM
for the whiners:

Indianapolis Colts

@Colts
Andrew Luck will speak to the media following player availability today.

We will stream the press conference live via #Colts Twitter and Facebook.

Colt Classic
12-29-2017, 01:15 PM
Dakich led off his radio show today talking about how he thinks Luck may go the "Carson Palmer" route and sit out the year to void his contract because he's done with the Colts organization. Basically, he agrees with the Mike Greenberg rumors from a few months back since people he knows have given him the idea that Luck and his family are still not happy with this team. If that's the case, why wouldn't they get out in front of that sort of drama and trade him? If he no longer wants to be here, why wait for all of that to slowly leak out to the masses and lower his value?

rcubed
12-29-2017, 01:19 PM
how does voiding the contract work? He just sits another year and his contract is voided?

omahacolt
12-29-2017, 01:43 PM
Dakich led off his radio show today talking about how he thinks Luck may go the "Carson Palmer" route and sit out the year to void his contract because he's done with the Colts organization. Basically, he agrees with the Mike Greenberg rumors from a few months back since people he knows have given him the idea that Luck and his family are still not happy with this team. If that's the case, why wouldn't they get out in front of that sort of drama and trade him? If he no longer wants to be here, why wait for all of that to slowly leak out to the masses and lower his value?

and what exactly would Luck be so pissed about?

omahacolt
12-29-2017, 01:44 PM
how does voiding the contract work? He just sits another year and his contract is voided?

i don't think so

1965southpaw
12-29-2017, 02:59 PM
And there you have it.......for those of you who missed it the central points in my opinion:

1. He's been in Amsterdam since being placed on IR up through and incliding the Thanksgiving and xmas holidays
2. He went there explicitly to work with a specific individual (he called him a trainer) on his rehab. He couldn't do it here cause that person whop he refused to name lives there and his all his "resources" there. He specified the resources included specific people and other things that were specifically there in Amsterdam.
3. He said he had no medical procedures and doesn't think any new surgeries will be required based on how he now feels
4. He said he's been working 8 hours a day on rehab and spending his evenings playing house with his girlfriend
5. He said he is almost pain free
6. He said it was tough watching the games from Europe feeling helpless to help his team out......feeling disconnected and out of control
7. He said rumors he's disenfranchised with the Colts are not true

My observations: physically he is very buff looking....great muscle definition. He looked like he'd rather be having a root canal vs doing that press conference for whatever reasons (I suspect it's because he's private and hates putting his shit out there). He looked like some medical MJ was a part of his treatment.

rcubed
12-29-2017, 03:02 PM
didnt sound right to me either. what the hell was colt classic referring to?

1965southpaw
12-29-2017, 03:21 PM
didnt sound right to me either. what the hell was colt classic referring to?

DD has been vested in the storyline that andrew is disenfranchised with the Colts since his buddy Mike Greenberg fucked up with pushing that story. Now he takes every possibility to spin things in that direction. When you have a void of information you can make that case and no one knows differently. Lucks camp doesn't help the situation by being so private. This isn't going to be resolved Until or unless he comes back and everyone moves on with something new to obsess about.

sherck
12-29-2017, 03:28 PM
[[MERGED from other thread. A bit more detail that Southpaw's summary.]]

Recap:

- Went to Netherlands to work with physical trainer he was familiar with.

- No injections. No drugs. No stem cells used.

- All PT. Soft tissue, muscle, stretching, strength training, range of motion.

- Why he went? Experiencing pain and it scared him. The whole reason he had gotten the surgery was because he had been experiencing pain in 2016.

- Asked and answered again that no medical procedures were done.

- He has not thrown a football recently but is progressing to start throwing "soon." (later characterized as probably in Jan)

- He does not think he needs another surgery.

- Asked in hindsight if he would have had surgery sooner (end of 2015 season) and Andrew said that he had not really thought about it. He does not dwell in the past.

- Last 12 months of not playing sucked. Part of the reason he needed to go away to rehab was to also "get away" from the feeling of not being a part of the team.

- No concern about not being ready for 2018 season. Very optimistic about being ready for Training Camp. Believes in the "process" right now.

- Rehab schedule was 8 hours a day when in Netherlands. Otherwise, lived a "normal" life. Girlfriend was apparently over there the whole time as well.

- Watched some NFL football on TV when over there. Pretty much said it sucked because it was all "out of his control." Characterized himself as a control freak.

- Said that he is 100% confident that he will be back to his "old" self or better going forward.

- Lots of props for Irsay as team owner and the Colts as a whole (no individual names except for Irsay).

- Said that dealing with the mental side of the injury was as hard as dealing with the physical side of the injury.

- Bluntly stated that he never had any thoughts of wanting to be out of Indy.

- Characterized that his pain level is the lowest it has been in years.

========

Reading between the lines, I think that Andrew did not work as hard in rehab prior to coming back in Oct/Nov and was not ready. I feel like he was kicking himself a bit and really needed to change how he strengthened his shoulder and arm in a way that was different how he did it the first time. Conjecture on my part but....

Walk Worthy,

Spike
12-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Great for knocking the old balls back and forth.

Dakich is full of shit.

Spike
12-29-2017, 03:46 PM
DD has been vested in the storyline that andrew is disenfranchised with the Colts since his BUTTbuddy Mike Greenberg fucked up with pushing that story. Now he takes every possibility to spin things in that direction. When you have a void of information you can make that case and no one knows differently. Lucks camp doesn't help the situation by being so private. This isn't going to be resolved Until or unless he comes back and everyone moves on with something new to obsess about.

There, fixed it for you.

apballin
12-29-2017, 04:10 PM
Looked strong but still seemed uncertain this is all kinds of fucked up, dude played hurt so long and dealt with pain now Irsay's right it's all in his head

Heard him say he started feeling pain again and got scared

rcubed
12-29-2017, 04:13 PM
DD has been vested in the storyline that andrew is disenfranchised with the Colts since his buddy Mike Greenberg fucked up with pushing that story. Now he takes every possibility to spin things in that direction. When you have a void of information you can make that case and no one knows differently. Lucks camp doesn't help the situation by being so private. This isn't going to be resolved Until or unless he comes back and everyone moves on with something new to obsess about.
I just meant the voiding the contract part. but thanks for the recap.

rcubed
12-29-2017, 05:56 PM
And there you have it.......for those of you who missed it the central points in my opinion:

1. He's been in Amsterdam since being placed on IR up through and incliding the Thanksgiving and xmas holidays
2. He went there explicitly to work with a specific individual (he called him a trainer) on his rehab. He couldn't do it here cause that person whop he refused to name lives there and his all his "resources" there. He specified the resources included specific people and other things that were specifically there in Amsterdam.
3. He said he had no medical procedures and doesn't think any new surgeries will be required based on how he now feels
4. He said he's been working 8 hours a day on rehab and spending his evenings playing house with his girlfriend
5. He said he is almost pain free
6. He said it was tough watching the games from Europe feeling helpless to help his team out......feeling disconnected and out of control
7. He said rumors he's disenfranchised with the Colts are not true

My observations: physically he is very buff looking....great muscle definition. He looked like he'd rather be having a root canal vs doing that press conference for whatever reasons (I suspect it's because he's private and hates putting his shit out there). He looked like some medical MJ was a part of his treatment.

Hey Brylok, see how I summed up his press conference before it even happened? You are welcome.

"Yeah, treatment went great over there. Really hated missing the season, but it was necessary. Will continue with the rehab regiment which will include increased throwing and see how it goes. Jacoby did great filling in for me. Cant wait to get back out there with the team."

Colt Classic
12-29-2017, 06:51 PM
and what exactly would Luck be so pissed about?

You'll have to tweet this question to Dakich. :o I was just paraphrasing his show-opening diatribe. I'm not sure if I agree with his statements on the situation, but I'm also not totally dismissing the conspiracy theory. I'll believe Luck is the Colts starting quarterback when I see him under center in a real, regular season game. Until then, I'm not reading between the lines or assuming anything.

Hoopsdoc
12-29-2017, 07:04 PM
You'll have to tweet this question to Dakich. :o I was just paraphrasing his show-opening diatribe. I'm not sure if I agree with his statements on the situation, but I'm also not totally dismissing the conspiracy theory. I'll believe Luck is the Colts starting quarterback when I see him under center in a real, regular season game. Until then, I'm not reading between the lines or assuming anything.

I think this is really the only realistic way to approach this. I don't believe in the "Luck wants out" stories but they can't just be dismissed out of hand. Stranger things have happened.

I won't believe anything either way until Luck is under center opening day.

omahacolt
12-29-2017, 07:48 PM

logically it makes no sense.

Brylok
12-29-2017, 08:59 PM
Hey Brylok, see how I summed up his press conference before it even happened? You are welcome.

You mad, bro? Lighten up. I just watched it. Strange interview. It didn't inspire any more confidence, but if you don't think it matters, I don't know what to tell you.

rcubed
12-30-2017, 12:46 AM
You mad, bro? Lighten up. I just watched it. Strange interview. It didn't inspire any more confidence, but if you don't think it matters, I don't know what to tell you.
The point was if he isn't talking it doesn't matter. If he is talking, he won't say much so people should stop freaking out until next year.

Colts And Orioles
12-30-2017, 01:22 AM
o

A Different Andrew Luck Trying to be Optimistic about what Lies Ahead

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/22470/a-different-andrew-luck-trying-to-be-optimistic-about-what-lies-ahead

AND

Andrew Luck Says He doesn't Think He'll need More Shoulder Surgery

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21911888/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-says-believe-needs-another-shoulder-surgery

o

rcubed
12-30-2017, 01:33 AM
What I thought was interesting was when luck said he had to get away because he was being pulled in many directions and he couldn't focus. Too many stupid colts docs/training staff? Did they screw up his first rehab?

njcoltfan
12-30-2017, 10:10 AM
The point was if he isn't talking it doesn't matter. If he is talking, he won't say much so people should stop freaking out until next year.

Thing is, he did say one thing that's concerning, after eleven and a half months he's still feeling pain in the shoulder.

Racehorse
12-30-2017, 10:27 AM
What I thought was interesting was when luck said he had to get away because he was being pulled in many directions and he couldn't focus. Too many stupid colts docs/training staff? Did they screw up his first rehab?

I'd bet he went away to get away from the circus that the media were making every time he was seen anywhere. You hopefully noticed that the circus died down soon after he went "across the pond". He also left, as he stated, because it was tough for a competitor to stand on the sidelines instead of playing. Can't blame him at all.

YDFL Commish
12-30-2017, 12:15 PM

Nah....Pagano was probably the nuisance.

VeveJones007
12-30-2017, 01:44 PM
FWIW, and I acknowledge that’s nothing, I’m with Doyel on this. My BS detector is going haywire at Luck saying he went to Europe that long just to rehab.

Racehorse
12-30-2017, 01:46 PM
FWIW, and I acknowledge that’s nothing, I’m with Doyel on this. My BS detector is going haywire at Luck saying he went to Europe that long just to rehab.

Doyel is always a drama queen. Yes, Luck is probably not being totally truthful about what he did over there, but Doyel is just trying to make it about how smart he is and not about what is really going on with Luck.

VeveJones007
12-30-2017, 02:02 PM
Doyel is always a drama queen. Yes, Luck is probably not being totally truthful about what he did over there, but Doyel is just trying to make it about how smart he is and not about what is really going on with Luck.

I felt that way before I read his article.

rcubed
01-30-2018, 12:55 PM
For those who NEED to know whats going on with luck on a constant basis...

looks like he will start throwing again soon (per rapoport and garafolo)

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/1/30/16949628/andrew-luck-about-to-take-next-step-in-shoulder-rehab

testcase448
01-30-2018, 02:57 PM
For those who NEED to know whats going on with luck on a constant basis...

looks like he will start throwing again soon (per rapoport and garafolo)

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/1/30/16949628/andrew-luck-about-to-take-next-step-in-shoulder-rehab

where have we heard THAT before?:rolleyes:

Brylok
02-06-2018, 09:56 PM
Bump. I wonder if McDickhead found out any negative information about Andrew Luck? Here we go again...
Fuck New England.

Racehorse
02-06-2018, 09:59 PM
Bump. I wonder if McDickhead found out any negative information about Andrew Luck? Here we go again...
Fuck New England.

If he had heard anything, all the Patriot fanboys in the media would have run stories by now about it.

Indiana V2
02-07-2018, 06:41 AM
Sounds like there is word going around that Luck may be having issues with his shoulder again, and may need surgery, and miss all next season. What a joke the Colts are becoming...

testcase448
02-07-2018, 09:39 AM
Sounds like there is word going around that Luck may be having issues with his shoulder again, and may need surgery, and miss all next season. What a joke the Colts are becoming...

nnaaawwwww it's all unicorns and puppy dogs at the Colts complex