PDA

View Full Version : Frank Gore interview

1965southpaw
11-30-2017, 07:54 PM
Every week on the Grady and Big Joe show, Big Joe does an interview after practice in the locker room with one guy and airs it on Thursday. Today it featured Frank Gore. They are mostly puff pieces with such riveting topics as favorite meat to buy at the butcher and what kind of music they like to play when romancing the babes......today's interview was fascinating. Here are a few snippets

1. Of all the Player interviews I've heard this season Frank is the only one where it's clear that he HATES losing. He also comes off as extremely humble, grateful for his opportunities, and not ready to announce his intent to retire (although he said no more than another year or two, depending on how his body reacts to training in the off season) but he will wait until the off season to decide for sure.
2. Unsolicited he spoke highly of Ballard and the approach he's taking to rebuild the team. When asked if he wanted another contract with the Colts he said "it ain't up to me". When asked if he's open to coming back here if offered a contract he said "I just want to win". It was pretty clear he doesn't believe he will be offered another contract as he kept saying "they" not "we" when referring to he team
3. The most fascinating part of the interview though is unprompted he mentioned that he thought Ballard would be bringing in a coach that was more "tough minded" who would build a "tougher" team. He spoke as if it had already been announced Pagano was leaving. he said nothing (positive or negative) about Pags he just brought up the point about coaching replacement as an example of Ballard doing a good job rebuilding the team. Unfortunately instead of drilling deeper in this area Big Joe turned the discussion to the stuff I mentioned in point 2. What I can only speculate from how nonchalantly Frank spoke is maybe Irsay has already told Pags he's done at the end of the season and maybe Pags has discussed it with the team

And if anyone is wondering, Franks fav meats include turkey, crab legs, and shrimp. Don't know about his music preferences, but on his food splurge days (sundays after a game) he indulges in Hennessy and ice cream.....couldn't tell if he puts those together or separately. Anyway, it was a very interesting interview.

DrSpaceman
11-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Maybe he will retire and we can hire him as a RB coach

Sounds more with it than any of the current staff

1965southpaw
11-30-2017, 08:08 PM
I just got the sense that he feels he's surrounded by a bunch of pussies....both coaches and players.....he didn't call out anyone but he kept saying the team needed to get tougher.....he was complimentary of Jacoby and Ballard.....other than that he named no names either positive or negative.

Butter
11-30-2017, 08:57 PM
I just got the sense that he feels he's surrounded by a bunch of pussies....both coaches and players.....he didn't call out anyone but he kept saying the team needed to get tougher.....he was complimentary of Jacoby and Ballard.....other than that he named no names either positive or negative.

If nothing else Jacoby is certainly tough.

Colts And Orioles
12-23-2017, 06:26 PM
o

Frank Gore is the anti-Cam Newton.

Newton is a front-running crybaby. He triumphantly poses when he scores a touchdown and/or throws for a TD pass, and he pouts and walks out of press conferences when his team loses.

Gore's team is 3-11, and he plays like they are 11-3.

o

omahacolt
12-23-2017, 06:33 PM
o

Frank Gore is the anti-Cam Newton.

Newton is a front-running crybaby. He triumphantly poses when he scores a touchdown and/or throws for a TD pass, and he pouts and walks out of press conferences when his team loses.

Gore's team is 3-11, and he plays like they are 11-3.

o
Shut up

nate505
12-24-2017, 02:20 AM
I have so much respect for Gore as a player. I hope he gets to sign for a contender next season.

albany ed
12-24-2017, 08:32 AM
I have so much respect for Gore as a player. I hope he gets to sign for a contender next season.

The Colts will be a contender next season.

FatDT
12-24-2017, 09:50 AM

Maybe. But you can’t blame Gore if he decides to not chance it.

nate505
12-24-2017, 05:42 PM

If it's the Colts even better.

Maniac
12-24-2017, 06:50 PM
I would be fine with him coming back as a backup.

Puck
12-24-2017, 09:20 PM
I think its hilarious that no one ...or most of us... don't want to use a high pick on a RB but are not in favor of bringing Gore back. Why would anyone want to waste one of this yrs picks on a 4th or 5th round RB that will be much like Mack when we can save that pick use it on another position and resign the best back Indy has had since Edge?

Yea he's getting old... but he is still a 1000 yard rusher behind this fucked up line... and he is 100 times better than what Mack is right now or may ever be

Why use a pick to replace a player that is proven and productive???

FatDT
12-24-2017, 10:40 PM
I'd be fine with bringing him back.

Indiana V2
12-24-2017, 11:23 PM
If Frank would be willing to spend another year in Indy I'd be in favor of it.

Maniac
12-25-2017, 12:23 AM
I think its hilarious that no one ...or most of us... don't want to use a high pick on a RB but are not in favor of bringing Gore back. Why would anyone want to waste one of this yrs picks on a 4th or 5th round RB that will be much like Mack when we can save that pick use it on another position and resign the best back Indy has had since Edge?

Yea he's getting old... but he is still a 1000 yard rusher behind this fucked up line... and he is 100 times better than what Mack is right now or may ever be

Why use a pick to replace a player that is proven and productive???

Because he's 100 years old. It's time to start trying to upgrade the position. If they somehow can't do that with the draft or free agency, then so be it, but I would prefer them address it and maybe have Gore back as a backup. No need to use a top 5 pick on a RB though. It's not THAT important.

Puck
12-25-2017, 01:03 AM
He's ranked 10th so far this year. I think he's got some gas left in the tank and RB is in no way a problem on this team. Especially if Turbin comes back. If not then I could see looking for a backup to Gore.

All that said I think Gore will get a better offer than Ballard will give and will sign with someone else anyway.

Rushing Yds
1. Le'Veon Bell • PIT 1222
2. Kareem Hunt • KAN 1201
3. Todd Gurley • LAR 1187
4. Jordan Howard • CHI 1069
5. LeSean McCoy • BUF 1057
6. Mark Ingram • NOR 1045
7. Melvin Gordon • LAC 931
8. Leonard Fournette • JAX 923
9. Alex Collins • BAL 895
10. Frank Gore • IND 861

Discflinger
12-25-2017, 01:06 AM
Because he's 100 years old. It's time to start trying to upgrade the position. If they somehow can't do that with the draft or free agency, then so be it, but I would prefer them address it and maybe have Gore back as a backup. No need to use a top 5 pick on a RB though. It's not THAT important.
Well, you are over 2,000 years old. Happy birthday, btw.

omahacolt
12-25-2017, 10:52 AM
He's ranked 10th so far this year. I think he's got some gas left in the tank and RB is in no way a problem on this team. Especially if Turbin comes back. If not then I could see looking for a backup to Gore.

All that said I think Gore will get a better offer than Ballard will give and will sign with someone else anyway.

Rushing Yds
10. Frank Gore • IND 861i wouldn't hate bringing him back but I would prefer someone with more speed

Maniac
12-25-2017, 04:02 PM

Rushing Yds
10. Frank Gore • IND 861

He's not a problem on the team obviously, but the reality is that he's 34 years old with 3,200 carries.

As far as the list above, 861 yards is ok (his 57.4 yards/game is 16th in the league), but many teams use rb by committee, so that list doesn't tell the whole story. Indy is 19th in the league in terms of rushing yards. They are 30th in the league in yards/carry.

So while Frank isn't a "problem", his production is going to drop off due to his age, and it's not going to be long before that happens. As a team, it's better to start preparing for that to happen than to wait until it does and then have no option or limited options.

That said, you don't need to spend a top 5 draft pick to address it. They can address it via free agency or another round in the draft possibly, but they do need to start addressing it

Racehorse
12-25-2017, 04:15 PM
He's not a problem on the team obviously, but the reality is that he's 34 years old with 3,200 carries.

As far as the list above, 861 yards is ok (his 57.4 yards/game is 16th in the league), but many teams use rb by committee, so that list doesn't tell the whole story. Indy is 19th in the league in terms of rushing yards. They are 30th in the league in yards/carry.

So while Frank isn't a "problem", his production is going to drop off due to his age, and it's not going to be long before that happens. As a team, it's better to start preparing for that to happen than to wait until it does and then have no option or limited options.

That said, you don't need to spend a top 5 draft pick to address it. They can address it via free agency or another round in the draft possibly, but they do need to start addressing it
To be fair, for him to get these yards with our offensive scheme is quite admirable.

Maniac
12-25-2017, 04:20 PM
To be fair, for him to get these yards with our offensive scheme is quite admirable.

Oh he's tough as hell, but that doesn't change that the Colts should start trying to prepare for the future. I would love to have him back, but hopefully we are able to upgrade the position and he's here as a backup.

rcubed
12-25-2017, 05:38 PM
I wouldnt mind another year of him but split more with mack or someone else.

However, if gore doesnt retire I highly doubt he comes back to indy. He wants to win and it will be his last chance.

Racehorse
12-25-2017, 06:29 PM
Oh he's tough as hell, but that doesn't change that the Colts should start trying to prepare for the future. I would love to have him back, but hopefully we are able to upgrade the position and he's here as a backup.

Upgrading the position is something you do when you have a chance to compete for a title, not when rebuilding.

Maniac
12-25-2017, 10:08 PM
Upgrading the position is something you do when you have a chance to compete for a title, not when rebuilding.

The guy is 34 years old. Upgrading the position is part of the rebuilding process.

YDFL Commish
12-26-2017, 12:26 PM
I will say this; I think that we've seen some of Gore's coaching rub off on Mack in recent weeks.

Mack seems to be progressing as far as running between the tackles and as receiver.

Lord knows its not anybody on Pags staff that is coaching the kid up.