PDA

View Full Version : Doyel: Colts are infected by losers

smitty46953
11-27-2017, 10:43 AM
Interesting read ... :eek:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/11/26/indianapolis-colts-tennessee-titans-donte-moncrief-chester-rogers-losers-gregg-doyel/890174001/

Brylok
11-27-2017, 11:09 AM
I like Doyle, but that's a pretty lazy article tbh. Picking a fight with the receivers and calling them/the team losers after a home loss just isn't good journalism. The blame starts at the top.

indycolts2
11-27-2017, 11:26 AM
I like Doyle, but that's a pretty lazy article tbh. Picking a fight with the receivers and calling them/the team losers after a home loss just isn't good journalism. The blame starts at the top.

I actually thought the article was on point. While there are contributing factors to lack of wide receiver production the group the Colts have are just underwhelming and they own some of that.

Brylok
11-27-2017, 12:31 PM
I actually thought the article was on point. While there are contributing factors to lack of wide receiver production the group the Colts have are just underwhelming and they own some of that.
It's just an article that doesn't need to be written. We all watch the games and know that the overall problem is Chud's scheme, a bad oline, and a young qb who doesn't have enough time to find TY and Moncrief down field. Yes, the players have a share of the blame, but Doyle just seems to be stirring shit up. And that's fine. It will play well with the sports talkshows and make for entertaining banter. I will enjoy listening to it. But just calling everyone a loser is pretty lazy.

GoBigBlue88
11-27-2017, 12:39 PM
I think Doyel is a good guy and a talented writer, but he's becoming a bit gimmicky this season.

sherck
11-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Losing is a disease… …as contagious as polio...

Losing is a disease… …as contagious as syphilis...

Losing is a disease… …as contagious as bubonic plague….

… attacking one… … but infecting all. But curable.”

Walk Worthy,

smitty46953
11-27-2017, 01:09 PM
I think Doyel is a good guy and a talented writer, but he's becoming a bit gimmicky this season.

Yep ... :cool:

Racehorse
11-27-2017, 06:33 PM

Doyel should know that emotion plays a big part in football. Players celebrate first downs to fire up the fans and their teammates. That is normal. Yes, they need to fight harder and yes, they need to win, but part of winning is being fired up and changing the momentum. Doyel should know that.

OneVoice
11-27-2017, 07:37 PM
People I like, like Doyel but I dont get it.

Holder, Wells, Venturi are the pundits I pay attn to.

kitekrazy
11-27-2017, 09:35 PM
Doyel should know that emotion plays a big part in football. Players celebrate first downs to fire up the fans and their teammates. That is normal. Yes, they need to fight harder and yes, they need to win, but part of winning is being fired up and changing the momentum. Doyel should know that.

I think he's spot on far more than your theory. It's difference between ass and class. These mini celebrations from the waste product of the snowflake everyone gets a trophy era is quite annoying. Watch those who were the best to play the game never acted like this.

Fan ignorance began when we need to see how much they care instead of their performance. It's not just about celebrations but also the throwing little fits as well.

YDFL Commish
11-27-2017, 11:41 PM
People I like, like Doyel but I dont get it.

Holder, Wells, Venturi are the pundits I pay attn to.

Wells? You gotta be fuk'n kidding me?

FatDT
11-27-2017, 11:47 PM
Wells? You gotta be fuk'n kidding me?

I don't think he means Brad Wells.

Puck
11-28-2017, 12:26 AM
I don't think he means Brad Wells.

Who else would he be talking about?

Thorgrim
11-28-2017, 12:34 AM

My guess would be H.G. Wells. He would be well suited to write about this team., in fact he may have scripted Pags presser.

Voosh
11-28-2017, 02:29 AM

Probably talking about Mike Wells, the ESPN Colts reporter, who is pretty shit in his own way.

YDFL Commish
11-28-2017, 09:59 AM
Probably talking about Mike Wells, the ESPN Colts reporter, who is pretty shit in his own way.

Yeah, he's the one I was referring to. The guy brings nothing to the table, but to re-distribute stories from other outlets and to overstate the obvious.

FatDT
11-28-2017, 10:02 AM
To be fair though he's nowhere near as bad as Brad Wells.

smitty46953
11-28-2017, 01:57 PM
To be fair though he's nowhere near as bad as Brad Wells.

Amen to that ... :cool:

OneVoice
11-28-2017, 08:36 PM
Yeah, he's the one I was referring to. The guy brings nothing to the table, but to re-distribute stories from other outlets and to overstate the obvious.

Can't argue against that point.

I just don't like blowhards, attn whores, etc.

apballin
11-28-2017, 11:50 PM
Doyel is just trying to be Kravitz

Luck4Reich
11-29-2017, 06:40 AM
Doyel is just trying to be Kravitz

And you are trying to be Dam, go figure.:D