PDA

View Full Version : quick thoughts another pagano meltdown

omahacolt
11-26-2017, 05:28 PM
1) the only thing enjoyable about this game was that my kid was snuggled up next to me almost the entire game. every other part of this game is shit.

2) brissett was terrible. half or more of the sacks are a direct result of him holding the ball or not recognizing a blitz. or fucking sliding behind the line of scrimmage instead of throwing the ball away.

but really this isn't new. Luck does this shit too. it is terrible coaching. this team has not had a clue with handling the blitz the entire pagano tenure.

3) how bad is this oline? i don't even know anymore. i mean sure, they are bad but it doesn't matter who we put out there, they just have no idea how to handle a stunt or delayed blitz. this team is fundamentally terrible. they don't do basic things well. and i think that is almost entirely on the coaching.

4) this fanbase is atrocious. empty stadium and fans bitching because the weather is 50 degrees. this is nothing new. the colts fanbase is 2nd only to the jags as far as terrible fanbases go. colts fans are complete shit. not really even fans. but we all knew this.

5) pagano is comically bad. he is so bad it is a joke. the absolute worst head coach i have ever seen. not a single redeeming quality about that dude. blowout losses? yep. all the time. constantly unprepared? yep every game. complete meltdowns? every week. terrible penalties? all the time. stupid penalties? week in and week out. playing terrible players like tj green and morrison? sure. lets do it.

chuck pagano is the dumbest coach i have ever seen and should be fired right now. there is zero reason to keep him. fire chud while you are at it.

6) where you at ty? holy shit does this dude disappear.

7) doyle had a hell of a game

8) sheard had a great game to start. he has really picked up his play. forgot the edge when the titans were closing out the game. almost like the defense gave up. like the colts gave up. just like every other game this year.

9) Puck. seriously we should ban dam and apballin from posting until pagano is fired. i would like all people to weigh in on this. we have suffered enough. do we really need retards clapping in favor of the clapper after every sunday debacles?

10) blitz the colts. they can't handle it. for years this is the only gameplan you need to win. pagano has no clue about this.

11) we can't run the ball. we can't pass the ball. we can't block rushers. this offense is a disaster

12) morrison makes another insane horse collar tackle for no reason. just cut this dude

13) tj green has never made a good football play. why is he on the team

14) this defense has some good pieces. we can build from here. there is a foundation.

15) this team is an embarrassment. there is a ton of quit in this team. this is the worst coached team in the league other than maybe the browns.

16) i am tired of watching this team. i am tired of seeing pagano on the sidelines. i am tired of not being able to run the ball. i am tired of not being able to pass protect. i am tired of not being able to recognize a blitz.

this has to end. and it needs to end with pagano being fired tonight.

Racehorse
11-26-2017, 05:34 PM
#9 for the win!

Puck
11-26-2017, 05:35 PM
#4. A lot of people are boycotting due to pagfuck

#5. Philbin too. It is embarrassing how bad the Oline is

Spike
11-26-2017, 05:36 PM
Totally agree with all your points. The call to pitch the ball to Mack near our own goal line was a great example of shit coaching. Mack has had an issue with catching the ball and for some damn ass reason they decide to do it anyway. Fucking idiots.

Yes, Pagano and Chud should be fired ASAP.

I don't know if you ban someone for having opinions, no matter how retarded they are. To continue to defend a shit coach like Pagano is true insanity though.

DrSpaceman
11-26-2017, 05:39 PM
And more injuries.

Kelly, Melvin now. Great.

How many double digit leads does a coach have to blow before they get fired?

What are the "statistical" probabilities of a team being outscored in the 4th quarter week after week and blowing, what is it now, 7 second half leads this season?

I have no idea how anyone can continue to claim this is not on coaching primarily.

WHY ON EARTH do you run a pitch play to a rookie running back deep in your own territory in a tight game?

And yes, I have been saying for several weeks now, Brissett has problems beyond just a poor OL and pass rush in his face. How many times has he had a chance to make a game winning or tying drive and failed? Not all his fault, but until he shows he can make some 4th quarter plays, and to date he has made exactly zero of them, he remains back up quality only.

Its the same stuff each game though, over and over. Stupid penalties, turnovers, 4th quarter implosion, no OL. ON and on week after week

Oh well. One step closer to the top five pick

Hoopsdoc
11-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Brisset has no idea how to read whether a blitz is coming. It's like he freaks out and takes a sack if just one guy comes who he's not expecting. It's been like that all season. That's partly on him and partly coaching. Coaches have to help him be better at recognizing things pre snap.

Morrison is good at one thing. Running straight ahead slowly and tackling. He can't shed a block and is hideous in coverage and tends to do hilariously bad things like the horse collar at the absolute worst time.

39 year old Delanie Walker ran right by Paganos prize pupil TJ Green for a long completion in the 1st half. That guy is an embarrassment.

Once again, a cornerback goes down and the most talented one we have, Wilson, is inactive, leaving Kenny Moore to get roasted repeatedly. Pure horseshit.

Pagano has got to go but I'm not convinced the damage he's caused can be fixed by next season. This team has no heart or fire of any kind. At the 1st sign of trouble(the Mack fumble), they just folded like origami. After that, Tennessee did whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted to do it.

It's almost to depressing to watch this team these days. Any bad scenario you can picture in your head, they can play out on the field.

Brylok
11-26-2017, 05:53 PM
They need to clean house top to bottom (Irsay too, probably). Get rid of Morrison and TJ Green. I'm not in favor of banning people, regardless of their stupidity. The fan base is what it is. The old die-hards were priced out years ago. It's not fun to watch anymore. I'm not sure why I still do. All of my hopes lay with Chris Ballard. I don't even have that much faith in Luck returning anymore. Still, go Colts.

DrSpaceman
11-26-2017, 05:56 PM
Yes any time TJ Green is on the field is a coaching fail.

The game plan for beating the Colts is pretty simple, any casual fan can figure it out :

Blitz the hell out of Brissett

Run everything off tackle, not up the middle

Throw underneath and go guys out of the backfield, the LBers can't cover.

That's pretty much all you have to do. The Colts will fill in the rest with penalties and turnovers.

Hoopsdoc
11-26-2017, 05:58 PM
They need to clean house top to bottom (Irsay too, probably). Get rid of Morrison and TJ Green. I'm not in favor of banning people, regardless of their stupidity. The fan base is what it is. The old die-hards were priced out years ago. It's not fun to watch anymore. I'm not sure why I still do. All of my hopes lay with Chris Ballard. I don't even have that much faith in Luck returning anymore. Still, go Colts.

I agree, people shouldn't be banned simply for their opinions.

I still have faith in Ballard. I still think he was forced into keeping Pagano by bad timing and Irsay.

I still have faith in Irsay, for that matter. He just got hoodwinked by a con artist snake in Pagano. Jimmy needs to get rid of Pags and let Ballard pick his own coach, then stand back and let them run the show.

omahacolt
11-26-2017, 06:07 PM

I still have faith in Ballard. I still think he was forced into keeping Pagano by bad timing and Irsay.

I still have faith in Irsay, for that matter. He just got hoodwinked by a con artist snake in Pagano. Jimmy needs to get rid of Pags and let Ballard pick his own coach, then stand back and let them run the show.

I don't want to ban people for stupid opinions. But supporting pagano at this point would probably equal a holocaust denier. No need for those people

Racehorse
11-26-2017, 06:17 PM

Not a ban, but making them wait to post

smitty46953
11-26-2017, 06:35 PM
Not banning anyone for an opinion ... :cool:

Maniac
11-26-2017, 06:41 PM
Does anyone in the Indy media even bother to ask why they won't ever let Quincy Wilson see the field? Another week inactive.

indycolts2
11-26-2017, 06:47 PM
#8 - was wondering if I was imagining Sheard giving up the edge in the 4th. At least 3 times he seemed out of position for ling runs to the outside. I know this is blasphemy but it brought flashbacks to Freeney leaving a gaping hole when he would take an outside rush and to make matters worse is it was #93 I kept looking at.

Puck
11-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Does anyone in the Indy media even bother to ask why they won't ever let Quincy Wilson see the field? Another week inactive.

I have to believe it is mental.... whether he is not picking up the playbook or not in sync with the rest of the D. Or it could just be the injury like they are saying

Puck
11-26-2017, 06:50 PM
I am watching highlights on Red Zone again. Philbin has done a terrible job with this Oline. I use to be a supporter but this is horrible how they play. They have to be able to figure out a blitz and he is not coaching it

Luck4Reich
11-26-2017, 06:57 PM
I have to believe it is mental.... whether he is not picking up the playbook or not in sync with the rest of the D. Or it could just be the injury like they are saying

Let’s say you are right in that assessment. Then why the countless others that are mental or seem to not pick up the playbook?Lots of players on D this season don’t seem to sync up with rest of D. I don’t need to name them we’ve all seen it. Why are those other players playing?

I believe it’s more along the lines of these coaches just don’t know what the fuck they are doing. Can’t evaluate talent. Don’t know where to play players to their strengths. Pagano, Chud, Philbin etc don’t know what the hell to do. Period.

Spike
11-26-2017, 06:58 PM

Monachino was quoted as saying it was a maturity issue.

Luck4Reich
11-26-2017, 07:01 PM

I think it’s bullshit. I don’t believe anything those coaches say.

Spike
11-26-2017, 07:04 PM
I think it’s bullshit. I don’t believe anything those coaches say.

Neither do I. Pagano is a snake in the grass.

Luck4Reich
11-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Not to mention when Wilson got the opportunity against Cardinals he was pretty solid. Yet players like Green should see the field and he doesn’t?

Luck4Reich
11-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Neither do I. Pagano is a snake in the grass.

Yeah, fuck that guy!

DrSpaceman
11-26-2017, 07:08 PM

I see Green on the field week after week getting playing time and just cannot imagine how bad Wilson must be if he is worse than Green.

Either he is just awful then or the coaches are idiots.

From what we have seen the last 3 years I would bet on the latter.

Luck4Reich
11-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Here was a quote by Pagano on Wilson.

“We’re going to get that kid up and he’s going to get another opportunity,” head coach Chuck Pagano said of Wilson on Monday. “And he’s going to play good.”

FU Chuck.. you are full of shit!

omahacolt
11-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Not banning anyone for an opinion ... :cool:

I say we ban you for this opinion

smitty46953
11-26-2017, 07:44 PM
I say we ban you for this opinion

Omaha, if we ban dammy and apballin you would be the only guy left on the short bus ... :cool:

omahacolt
11-26-2017, 07:50 PM
Omaha, if we ban dammy and apballin you would be the only guy left on the short bus ... :cool:

Daedge is still around

And colts and Oreos eats cookies for breakfast. You know he licks windows

Brylok
11-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Daedge is still around

And colts and Oreos eats cookies for breakfast. You know he licks windows
Don't forget testcase and Lov2Fish...

FatDT
11-26-2017, 08:17 PM
Dunno about banning but what dam does isn't just having an opinion. It's trolling. Both he and apballin were at times ok contributors to this site but every post by them now is 100% worthless argumentative garbage. It ruins other discussions.

Colts suck. Surprise.

omahacolt
11-26-2017, 08:30 PM
Obviously people shouldn't be banned for terrible opinions. Just pointing out how being pro pagano is so wrong that people should be punished for those thoughts

Coltsalr
11-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Ban the trained seal clapping twins.

https://m.popkey.co/d2b340/Lym8v.gif

apballin
11-26-2017, 09:28 PM
Same ol story, playing good and then the turnover gives the other team 6

and the team gets deflated, this team isn't talented enough to overcome that shit that's all there is to it. There is room for 0 errors with this depleated roster.

But whatever. . . nice to see Geathers back the defensive holding that took away his sack pissed me the fuck off

smitty46953
11-26-2017, 09:38 PM
nice to see Geathers back the defensive holding that took away his sack pissed me the fuck off

Me too ... :cool:

Puck
11-26-2017, 10:04 PM
Same ol story, playing good and then the turnover gives the other team 6

and the team gets deflated, this team isn't talented enough to overcome that shit that's all there is to it. There is room for 0 errors with this depleated roster.

But whatever. . . nice to see Geathers back the defensive holding that took away his sack pissed me the fuck off

Turnover on one of the stupidest plays that could be called.... but I guess you think Brissett audibled to that play because it's all on the players right?

Spike
11-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Turnover on one of the stupidest plays that could be called.... but I guess you think Brissett audibled to that play because it's all on the players right?

Exactly, Mack doesn't catch the ball well enough to call that pitch, especially that close to your own end zone. That is 100% on the dumb ass coaches.

YDFL Commish
11-26-2017, 10:12 PM
6) where you at ty? holy shit does this dude disappear.

In another offense, that's designed to get the ball in TY's hands in all ways possible, he would disappear much less.

Brylok
11-26-2017, 10:44 PM
In another offense, that's designed to get the ball in TY's hands in all ways possible, he would disappear much less.
I'm not going to blame TY or Moncrief for Chud's terrible offense, the bad oline, or Brissett's inability to utilize them due to the previous two reasons.

GoBigBlue88
11-26-2017, 11:06 PM
I'm far less upset with Pagano/Chud for the toss call (Mack just needs to catch a basic fucking pitch, honestly) than I am at Pagano for punting the game away.

He always does this. He always thinks he has the 1985 Bears. He doesn't. He has an above-average defense that plays its ass off trying to carry the team but can't physically stay on the field for an entire quarter, as could few defenses in the league.

1965southpaw
11-26-2017, 11:50 PM
No to banning.....I really wish you all would stop engaging them though. I don't think they really believe the bullshit they spew, they just enjoy the attention they receive from you guys....if you ignore them that would be the most severe punishment you could meet out.

Re the game....I'm generally pissed off cause I wasted time going to that shit show since I was still in town for Thanksgiving, even though I knew what would happen. Since I went to the game I didn't get on the road back to New Jersey until 4..... now I'm stuck spending the night in Pittsburgh with a 6.5 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow instead of spending the night in my own bed.

While I was on the road I created my list of priorities for the Colts for the off season:

1. Fire chuck
2. Fire the rest of the staff (except maybe special teams coach)
3. Let Ballard hire his guy
4. Use free agency to shore up the oline. Use as much money as it takes. You can't rely on the draft for this. The college game these days doesn't immediately translate to good oline play in the pros and we don't have time to develop new talent in this area or to miss on talent assessment. This Has to be addressed in free agency.
5. Use the top several picks in the draft on pass Rush and interior line
6. Find another running back with the last draft pick or with the last few free agency dollars to share the load with Mack.

Pez
11-27-2017, 09:52 AM
4. Use free agency to shore up the oline. Use as much money as it takes. You can't rely on the draft for this. The college game these days doesn't immediately translate to good oline play in the pros and we don't have time to develop new talent in this area or to miss on talent assessment. This Has to be addressed in free agency.

I see your point, despite that Kelly was a contributor from day 1 and it resulted in a marked improvement in the OL (nowhere to go but up, but still...)

OL is the very top priority. We should fix it through the draft and through FA until we have quality starters at every position and quality depth behind them. Everything else has to wait. The quality we have had at the QB position has covered up an OL that is 2-3 years behind in development. It's inexcusable, embarrassing, and obvious.

DrSpaceman
11-27-2017, 09:55 AM
No to banning.....I really wish you all would stop engaging them though. I don't think they really believe the bullshit they spew, they just enjoy the attention they receive from you guys....if you ignore them that would be the most severe punishment you could meet out.

Re the game....I'm generally pissed off cause I wasted time going to that shit show since I was still in town for Thanksgiving, even though I knew what would happen. Since I went to the game I didn't get on the road back to New Jersey until 4..... now I'm stuck spending the night in Pittsburgh with a 6.5 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow instead of spending the night in my own bed.

While I was on the road I created my list of priorities for the Colts for the off season:

1. Fire chuck
2. Fire the rest of the staff (except maybe special teams coach)
3. Let Ballard hire his guy
5. Use the top several picks in the draft on pass Rush and interior line
6. Find another running back with the last draft pick or with the last few free agency dollars to share the load with Mack.

Ballard should have near total control of things going forward, that is most important.

I don't trust anyone else on the coaching staff or front office at this point, especially Irsay.

And that is not to say Ballard has done a huge bang up job so far. He has been pretty good. But the others just seem incompetent.

Agree with the rest of the list though. The problems on this team come down to pass rush, OL and coaching. Coaching is the obvious one that should and will be fixed, agree top to bottom, this offseason and I can't imagine finding someone worse than the current coach and staff. The rest its draft and FA.

ANd drop TJ Green the second the season is over.

Maniac
11-27-2017, 11:24 AM
The problems on this team come down to pass rush, OL and coaching.

Inside LB'ers are pretty pathetic as well.

Coaching is a given, so hopefully the next one chosen will actually be decent. As far as players on the field, to me, it's :

1) Offensive Line - Fix that shit with high draft picks and free agency if you have to. Just get some TALENT on there
2) ILB - Ours are laughably bad
3) Pass Rush
4) Another RB. We can't go another year with Gore as the lead back.
5) WR

Coltsalr
11-27-2017, 12:21 PM
Inside LB'ers are pretty pathetic as well.

Coaching is a given, so hopefully the next one chosen will actually be decent. As far as players on the field, to me, it's :

1) Offensive Line - Fix that shit with high draft picks and free agency if you have to. Just get some TALENT on there
2) ILB - Ours are laughably bad
3) Pass Rush
5) WR

Can you damn the mortal souls of anyone that's still defending Pagano?

Pez
11-27-2017, 01:26 PM

This year is the end of Gore's contract, I don't see him willingly returning to the shit show.

“Yeah, always want to be smart,” Pagano said.

Maniac
11-27-2017, 01:46 PM

Shhhh...don't tell them, but I already have :eek:

Maniac
11-27-2017, 01:49 PM
This year is the end of Gore's contract, I don't see him willingly returning to the shit show.

“Yeah, always want to be smart,” Pagano said.

That's fine. He would be a good backup, but we need another young RB in there.

Speaking of young RB's, what the hell happened to Hunt and KC?

sherck
11-27-2017, 02:10 PM
2018 Offensive Line Cap Hits:

$10.800m = OT Anthony Castonzo
$02.850m = OC Ryan Kelly
$00.836m = OT Le'Raven Clark
$00.718m = OT Denzelle Good
$00.690m = OG Joe Haeg
$00.556m = OC Deyshawn Bond

2018 Offensive Line Free Agents:

OG Jack Mewhort (UFA)
OG Michael Person (UFA)
OT Tyreek Burwell (RFA)
OG Jeremy Vujnovich (ERFA)
OG Kyle Kalis (ERFA)

Both Vujnovich and Kalis will be back for at least Training Camp since it will only cost the Colts around $00.550m to retain them until they make the squad or are beat out and cut.

Burwell and Person are JAG at the moment and neither should be signed prior to the "value" portion of free agency.

The question on Mewhort is what does the team think he is worth and will he be willing to play for that? He has only played in 45 of a possible 64 regular season games (70.3%) and while he is above average to good when on the field...

So, going in 2018, we have a starting lineup of Castonzo / Clark / Kelly / Haeg and Good which is underwhelming. Even re-signing Mewhort to replace Clark is only going to go so far. We HAVE to increase the talent level; not just add new faces to the mix.

Looking at the 2018 cap spending above, the only guy we are paying "starter" money to is Castonzo. We have the cap ($75m) to spend on free agents and I want the line fixed. I don't care if we overspend in 2018 and 2019 to find the right guys. I want the line fixed.

To repeat, I DON'T CARE IF WE OVERSPEND IN 2018 AND 2019 ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....I WANT IT FIXED!!!!!!

My plan?

1. Sign one Offensive Tackle in Free Agency (under 30; more than 32 games as NFL starter)
2. Sign one Offensive Guard in Free Agency (under 30; more than 32 games as NFL starter)
3. Use 1st round draft pick on OT. If one is worthy of the top ten pick, use it. If one is not, then trade down to collect more picks and pick best OT in the middle of the 1st round.
4. Use 3rd or 4th round pick on OG

That adds 2 OTs and 2 OGs to the mix of Castonzo, Good, Haeg, Clark, Kelly and possibily Mewhort to then find the best 5 guys (4 guys plus Kelly) to put on the field.

I DON"T CARE if we end up paying our OT3 $10.8m in 2018 to be a backup (Castonzo). If he gets beat out by 2 other guys for OT duties, then he gets beat out and he is quality depth. I don't care if we end up paying Mewhort $4m a year to re-sign him and he ends up being OG3. I want the best 5 guys starting AND quality depth behind them.

I DON'T CARE if we overpay the O-Line by $10m or $15m in cap space for 2018 and 2019 if it fixes the O-Line. A fixed O-Line protects Luck, improves our passing and running games and makes our team that much better!

FIX THE O-LINE!!!!

2nd round pick, one of 3rd/4th round pick and about $55m in salary cap space to help improve the defense. Yeah, we can do that.

Granted, a portion of that salary cap space will need to be spent on guys like Mingo, Desir, Melvin and probably Bostic but it will be money well spent. Mingo, Desir and Melvin are all playing well and my guess is that we cannot remake the ILB position in one off-season without including Bostic in the mix.

Walk Worthy,

Pez
11-27-2017, 02:31 PM
Speaking of young RB's, what the hell happened to Hunt and KC?

No shit... I'm convinced that Hunt and Aaron Rodgers took a payoff from someone (I legit suspect it was Tom Brady) to wreck my fantasy team.

YDFL Commish
11-27-2017, 05:51 PM
To repeat, I DON'T CARE IF WE OVERSPEND IN 2018 AND 2019 ON THE OFFENSIVE LINE.....I WANT IT FIXED!!!!!!

I agree. Do whatever it takes. This is Priority #1!

omahacolt
11-27-2017, 06:03 PM
fixing the oline is priority but i wouldn't go with our 1st pick there. we should be high enough to land a quality pass rusher. a 2nd round rt can be had or sign a guy in free agency.

realistically we won't add 3 new starters to the line.

albany ed
11-27-2017, 06:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmXWZFPvCAU

YDFL Commish
11-27-2017, 06:11 PM
I'm also starting to think that Philbin is part of the problem.

I seemed to remember that Aaron Rodgers was running for his life quite a lot when Philbin was the OC at Green Bay.

So, I decided to check the sack #'s during that time, and holy shit, it was worse than I thought.

From 2008 to 2011, the time that Philbin and Rodgers were together as OC and QB, the Packers gave up 34, 51, 38 and 41 sacks.

Also, looking at Philbin's coaching history, his tenure with the Colts is actually his 1st time serving as a full time OL coach at the NFL level.

Looks to me like another bad Pags hire, who hasn't improved the OL at all, since he's been here.

Racehorse
11-27-2017, 06:45 PM
Coaching is the obvious one that should and will be fixed, agree top to bottom, this offseason and I can't imagine finding someone worse than the current coach and staff. Schianno?

Racehorse
11-27-2017, 06:46 PM

He came to seek and save the lost, not condemn morons.

Racehorse
11-27-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm also starting to think that Philbin is part of the problem.

I seemed to remember that Aaron Rodgers was running for his life quite a lot when Philbin was the OC at Green Bay.

So, I decided to check the sack #'s during that time, and holy shit, it was worse than I thought.

From 2008 to 2011, the time that Philbin and Rodgers were together as OC and QB, the Packers gave up 34, 51, 38 and 41 sacks.

Also, looking at Philbin's coaching history, his tenure with the Colts is actually his 1st time serving as a full time OL coach at the NFL level.

Looks to me like another bad Pags hire, who hasn't improved the OL at all, since he's been here.
The line is not good, but good coaching can improve it immensely. This is another reason to rid our team of Coach Albatross.

Maniac
11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
fixing the oline is priority but i wouldn't go with our 1st pick there.

Go with whatever it fucking takes. If it takes our 1st pick, then so be it. Fix that damn line. There are certainly a couple stud o-linemen at the top as well. If one of those is needed, draft him and don't look back. It's LONG past due to get this damn line fixed.

Maniac
11-27-2017, 09:26 PM
He came to seek and save the lost, not condemn morons.

No, I can do both. I'm all powerful and shit.

omahacolt
11-27-2017, 09:49 PM
Go with whatever it fucking takes. If it takes our 1st pick, then so be it. Fix that damn line. There are certainly a couple stud o-linemen at the top as well. If one of those is needed, draft him and don't look back. It's LONG past due to get this damn line fixed.

We don't need a LT as bad as we need a pass rusher. We can fix both.

Maniac
11-27-2017, 09:56 PM

We need any upgrade we can get on the O-line outside of center. Priority # 1 needs to actually come through on protecting the franchise. That means they need some real talent on that line.

Pass rush doesn't mean shit if Luck is on IR again.

njcoltfan
11-27-2017, 10:00 PM

With the amount of $$ the Colts have for FA this year they can buy an OL and a pass rusher or two, and they better!!

omahacolt
11-27-2017, 10:21 PM
We need any upgrade we can get on the O-line outside of center. Priority # 1 needs to actually come through on protecting the franchise. That means they need some real talent on that line.

Pass rush doesn't mean shit if Luck is on IR again.

No rookie LT is going to beat out AC. You don't take a rt or guard with a top 8 pick.

We can add talent to the oline without using our 1st pick

Maniac
11-27-2017, 11:08 PM
No rookie LT is going to beat out AC. You don't take a rt or guard with a top 8 pick.

We can add talent to the oline without using our 1st pick

You don't know that a talented enough rookie couldn't beat out AC. You're just making an assumption there.

They could also trade down a bit in the first and take a stud guard.

I just want talent upgrades there, whether the draft or free agency. Not just average guys that they think maybe they can coach up... some actual f'ing talent.

FatDT
11-27-2017, 11:48 PM
You don't know that a talented enough rookie couldn't beat out AC. You're just making an assumption there.

I just want talent upgrades there, whether the draft or free agency. Not just average guys that they think maybe they can coach up... some actual f'ing talent.

The time to do that in FA was last off-season. Not that many talented OL FA options in 2018.

Maniac
11-28-2017, 12:01 AM
The time to do that in FA was last off-season. Not that many talented OL FA options in 2018.

Then it needs to be in the draft.

VeveJones007
11-28-2017, 12:24 AM
Then it needs to be in the draft.

Just keep losing and they’ll have their pick of the lot if CLE goes QB and SF goes Barkley.

Puck
11-28-2017, 12:27 AM
Just keep losing and they’ll have their pick of the lot if CLE goes QB and SF goes Barkley.

I hope they do go Barkley and we get Hyde

omahacolt
11-28-2017, 08:29 AM

I find it highly unlikely a rookie would come In and beat him. Is that better

FatDT
11-28-2017, 10:16 AM
I find it highly unlikely a rookie would come In and beat him. Is that better

The only prospect I could maybe see doing it is Connor Williams from Texas. But he looks like Jack Black's retarded little brother so probably not.