PDA

View Full Version : Next HC preferences

GoBigBlue88
11-17-2017, 07:53 PM
Just curious what your top 3-5 would be?

I'm at a point where I'm pretty confidently ready to declare...

1. Matt Nagy

The more I watch the Chiefs, the more I appreciate how truly innovative their offense is. It's basically the anti-Colts offense: designed to find ways to get the ball to playmakers in space, and not tip their hat as to how they're doing it. If Nagy can do what he's doing with Alex Smith, imagine a healthy Andrew Luck... I trust Ballard to unearth playmakers, so I'm imagining Hilton, Mack and a few other weapons in a Nagy scheme, and I think this is Colts' best path forward.

(I also think some of Andy Reid's OL genius is likely to rub off on coordinators.)

2. Dave Toub

If you can't get Nagy, get a guy who's A) not a retread, B) not a brain dead marshmallow like Pagano and C) runs a top unit. That's Toub, IMO.

3. Jim Harbaugh

Honestly, I'm not wild on Harbaugh. There's a big drop-off from 2 to 3 here. I think Harbaugh is a band-aid guy and I'm not sure he's the best fit for Luck at this stage anyway. But if you are going to go college/retreat route, I'm much rather Harbaugh than Gruden (worse coach with similar issues), Saban, etc.

rcubed
11-17-2017, 08:39 PM
good post.

omahacolt
11-17-2017, 08:44 PM
Anyone but pagano

Although I have always been a fan of Andy Reid's offense.

Butter
11-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Anyone but pagano

Although I have always been a fan of Andy Reid's offense.

Not Pagano is a start. Harbaugh, I am kind of meh on, I wonder if he is too much of an asshole to deal with pros and is better off in College. He would be light years better than Clappy Mchitstain.

YDFL Commish
11-17-2017, 09:49 PM
Mods, please sticky this thread, as it will be the most meaningful post of the season and off season.

YDFL Commish
11-17-2017, 09:53 PM
I either want a sharp, progressive, offensive mind or a HC that will hire that the right OC, and get the fuck out of the way.

Also, the HC can't be stuck in philosophies. The philosophy has to be, do what ever it takes to beat the opponent on that Sunday.

Dewey 5
11-17-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm certain that David Shaw will be a name we here often if Pagano gets fired.

DrSpaceman
11-17-2017, 11:20 PM
I would still like Harbaugh.

But I would be open to Nagy or Toub.

I would think with Ballard in charge of hiring the KC assistants would be at the top of the list.

Brylok
11-17-2017, 11:58 PM
I either want a sharp, progressive, offensive mind or a HC that will hire that the right OC, and get the fuck out of the way.

Also, the HC can't be stuck in philosophies. The philosophy has to be, do what ever it takes to beat the opponent on that Sunday.
Absolutely this.

rcubed
11-18-2017, 01:17 AM
I'm certain that David Shaw will be a name we here often if Pagano gets fired.
From everything i have read and heard, shaw has no interest in leaving stanford. But who knows...

ChoppedWood
11-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Interesting discussion yesterday on one of the local shows about us possibly just staying home with Brian Schottenheimer given his work now with both Luck and Brissett and the fact Luck produced his best season even with a bum shoulder with him as his coach. He's clearly an offensive guy, and he's had some successes in that regard, he's also saddled with the baggage of horrible offenses with the Jets and Rams....offenses that to me had way too much similarity to his dad's Marty Ball philosophy which to me is akin to Pags approach.

Another name discussed and I think intriguing = Frank Reich. The Eagles offense is dynamic much like KC and he has really allowed a young QB to become a dynamic leader on and off the field and become the figure of the franchise which I think is something you have to do from an identity standpoint if you have the right guy. The ties back to here are intriguing but it was mentioned that he might not be inclined to get back in bed with Irsay after the way the last engagement ended.

I am all for someone that comes here with the attitude that we are going to be innovative and focus on playmakers as discussed, period. Lots of KC guys that can fit that mold. I'll take anyone that decides to scheme against the other team instead of taking the "we do what we do" approach every fucking week and refusing to try to exploit weaknesses on the other side- which really we've had in place for 20 years now- okay, yeah it worked when you had the best QB mind in the history of the game behind center and a line that could actually allow him to do that, it doesn't now because the fucking QB doesn't even have time to plant his fucking feet let alone try to pinpoint weaknessed on the field, fucking round hole square peg you stupid fucks!

Unfortunately on the radio there's also been quite a bit of talk of Gruden, Harbaugh, and fucking Saban! I think if Saban were to come back to the NFL it would be even worse than his first stint because I don't think he can adjust his "I am king" mindset and I could see some dude finally just hauling off an punching his arrogant ass. I kind of worry about a similar type mindset with Harbaugh- I love his approach but I can see it wearing thin in the NFL real quick- these are grown ass men that carry with them some hellaciously selfish traits...

DrSpaceman
11-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Gruden has been away too long and I really don't think he will come back to coaching.

Saban is much better in college, I don't see him leaving. He just uses the threat of NFL jobs for more money and power at Alabama.

IndyNorm
11-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Could just be guilt by association, but no fucking way anyone on the current staff should be retained. Based on the on field product, play calling, decision making, etc. they've all proven to be incompetent.

Any of the KC guys mentioned would be great and Frank Reich is a good idea too. I'm drawing a blank on the past drama between him and Irsay though, so can someone fill me in?

From the other names Harbaugh would be good IMO since he had a lot of success at SF. I think Saban and Gruden would be better than what we currently have but would end up being a disaster.

VeveJones007
11-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Toub or one of the offensive coaches + bring Fangio back after the Bears blow up the coaching staff.

YDFL Commish
11-18-2017, 04:04 PM
I'm going to start compiling names here, feel free to add.
This list is in no particular order:

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich
Pete Carmichael
Matt Lafleur
Pat Schurmer
Mike Smith
Mike Shannahan
Mike Shula
Matt Nagy
Tom Cable
Steve Wilks

GoBigBlue88
11-18-2017, 04:06 PM
Interesting discussion yesterday on one of the local shows about us possibly just staying home with Brian Schottenheimer given his work now with both Luck and Brissett and the fact Luck produced his best season even with a bum shoulder with him as his coach. He's clearly an offensive guy, and he's had some successes in that regard, he's also saddled with the baggage of horrible offenses with the Jets and Rams....offenses that to me had way too much similarity to his dad's Marty Ball philosophy which to me is akin to Pags approach.

Another name discussed and I think intriguing = Frank Reich. The Eagles offense is dynamic much like KC and he has really allowed a young QB to become a dynamic leader on and off the field and become the figure of the franchise which I think is something you have to do from an identity standpoint if you have the right guy. The ties back to here are intriguing but it was mentioned that he might not be inclined to get back in bed with Irsay after the way the last engagement ended.

I am all for someone that comes here with the attitude that we are going to be innovative and focus on playmakers as discussed, period. Lots of KC guys that can fit that mold. I'll take anyone that decides to scheme against the other team instead of taking the "we do what we do" approach every fucking week and refusing to try to exploit weaknesses on the other side- which really we've had in place for 20 years now- okay, yeah it worked when you had the best QB mind in the history of the game behind center and a line that could actually allow him to do that, it doesn't now because the fucking QB doesn't even have time to plant his fucking feet let alone try to pinpoint weaknessed on the field, fucking round hole square peg you stupid fucks!

Unfortunately on the radio there's also been quite a bit of talk of Gruden, Harbaugh, and fucking Saban! I think if Saban were to come back to the NFL it would be even worse than his first stint because I don't think he can adjust his "I am king" mindset and I could see some dude finally just hauling off an punching his arrogant ass. I kind of worry about a similar type mindset with Harbaugh- I love his approach but I can see it wearing thin in the NFL real quick- these are grown ass men that carry with them some hellaciously selfish traits...

Guys like Reich are why I would pass on Schottenheimer, actually. But that's just me.

kitekrazy
11-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Not Pagano is a start. Harbaugh, I am kind of meh on, I wonder if he is too much of an asshole to deal with pros and is better off in College. He would be light years better than Clappy Mchitstain.

I think that is why you see guys jump to the colleges. In the NFL unless you are Bill B. you are the tallest midget.

Getting Harbaugh is a pipe dream. They would have to buy out his contract.

kitekrazy
11-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Toub or one of the offensive coaches + bring Fangio back after the Bears blow up the coaching staff.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Puck
11-19-2017, 05:26 PM

Luck's best yr was 2014

Dam8610
11-19-2017, 05:36 PM

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen

Good ideas on that list are Harbaugh, Saban, Toub, Austin. Any of the others would be wasting more of Luck's career. I honestly can't believe some of you still think Cowher or Gruden are good ideas.

ChoppedWood
11-19-2017, 05:38 PM
Luck's best yr was 2014

I get it, we view it that way as fans- he was most effective that year for sure. Apparently his stats were better last year according to Venturi.

Puck
11-19-2017, 05:47 PM
His completion percentage went up from 61 to 63. But in 2014 he had almost 4800 yards compared to 4250.....40 TD's in 2014 compared to 31 in 2016

Less interceptions in 2016. 13 compared to 16 in 2014.

Colts had the #1 passing offense in the league in 2014. All with a worse Oline that's now

I'll agree he did it last yr with a hurt shoulder and a worse OC in Chud

GoBigBlue88
11-19-2017, 06:05 PM
Rough day for Nagy's offense today. I'm inclined to think it was more Alex Smith making terrible throws (and Kelce throwing the ball period), but by no means is Nagy bulletproof. I just like the design of his offense...

Puck
11-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Rough day for Nagy's offense today. I'm inclined to think it was more Alex Smith making terrible throws (and Kelce throwing the ball period), but by no means is Nagy bulletproof. I just like the design of his offense...

I like what Sean Payton has been able to do this yr with anSaints team that started 0-2 and had the last ranked D in the league.

Doubt he would be on the short list though

omahacolt
11-19-2017, 06:31 PM
His completion percentage went up from 61 to 63. But in 2014 he had almost 4800 yards compared to 4250.....40 TD's in 2014 compared to 31 in 2016

Less interceptions in 2016. 13 compared to 16 in 2014.

Colts had the #1 passing offense in the league in 2014. All with a worse Oline that's now

I'll agree he did it last yr with a hurt shoulder and a worse OC in Chud

I take chud every day of the week over pep Hamilton. So does everyone but you

Puck
11-19-2017, 06:57 PM

Whatever. The stats back me up. And Luck proabably wouldn't be on IR if the-y hadn't brought on Chud. He and chuck broke Luck

1965southpaw
11-19-2017, 07:48 PM

According to this dude he's at the top of Ballard short list........One person who knows Colts general manager Chris Ballard says Nagy will be high (if not first) on Ballard's list if Indianapolis makes a change.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868188/article/nfl-assistant-coaches-on-the-rise-five-big-questions-for-week-8

omahacolt
11-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Whatever. The stats back me up. And Luck proabably wouldn't be on IR if the-y hadn't brought on Chud. He and chuck broke Luck

You are just like dam. Unable to admit you were wrong. Pep is your pagano. It has been years and you still defend that shit bag.

Racehorse
11-19-2017, 08:43 PM

This is like arguing if you prefer shit or vomit.

Puck
11-19-2017, 10:11 PM
You are just like dam. Unable to admit you were wrong. Pep is your pagano. It has been years and you still defend that shit bag.

You said yourself. (The same thing I said when Pep was here)

Doesn't matter who the coordinator is... Pagano makes them run what he wants.

I said it the. And now others. Like you are saying it now.... it doesn't matter who the OC is.... WE HAVE TO RUN THE IT THE RETARDED PAGFUCKS WAY.... what Pep did at Stanford and what he is doing at Michigan now are nothing like what Pagnuts makes the OC'S do in Indy

I don't want Pep back.... he got a bad rap here because of Pagfuck but seems funny he left we go from 11-5 with less talent to 8-8 since he left.

YDFL Commish
11-19-2017, 11:43 PM
You said yourself. (The same thing I said when Pep was here)

Doesn't matter who the coordinator is... Pagano makes them run what he wants.

I said it the. And now others. Like you are saying it now.... it doesn't matter who the OC is.... WE HAVE TO RUN THE IT THE RETARDED PAGFUCKS WAY.... what Pep did at Stanford and what he is doing at Michigan now are nothing like what Pagnuts makes the OC'S do in Indy

I don't want Pep back.... he got a bad rap here because of Pagfuck but seems funny he left we go from 11-5 with less talent to 8-8 since he left.

Both Pep and Chud suck. But you're right, Pagano is the bigger problem.

Puck
11-20-2017, 12:28 AM
I think Frank Reich is the one I want. I love his offense in Philly and he has been very good wherever he has been and has familiarity with the Colts and Irsay

Maniac
11-20-2017, 05:53 AM

I think they just struggled to get anything going in that crazy wind in NY. Either NY did a good job of keying on the run knowing KC wouldn't be able to throw the ball well, or Hunt is hitting a rookie wall.

DrSpaceman
11-20-2017, 09:44 AM

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich

I think Bruce Arians may be on the list as well depending on how AZ finishes the season.

Matt Patricia.....the Pats D has not been that good this year. If we are taking a Pats assistant, and I would prefer not to in general, I would take McDaniels.

Jim Bob Cooter, not a bad choice.

Saban, Gruden, Cowher, Hardbaugh are longshots

rcubed
11-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Still cant get past jim bob cooters name.

FatDT
11-20-2017, 11:42 AM
I think Bruce Arians may be on the list as well depending on how AZ finishes the season.

Matt Patricia.....the Pats D has not been that good this year. If we are taking a Pats assistant, and I would prefer not to in general, I would take McDaniels.

Jim Bob Cooter, not a bad choice.

Saban, Gruden, Cowher, Hardbaugh are longshots

Why would you want Arians exactly? His offense gets QBs killed. He may be a better overall HC than Pagano but his Air Coryell bullshit is the opposite of what Luck needs.

YDFL Commish
11-20-2017, 11:49 AM
I think Frank Reich is the one I want. I love his offense in Philly and he has been very good wherever he has been and has familiarity with the Colts and Irsay

Watching the Iggles offense last night, I tend to agree.

omahacolt
11-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Why would you want Arians exactly? His offense gets QBs killed. He may be a better overall HC than Pagano but his Air Coryell bullshit is the opposite of what Luck needs.

100% correct

Butter
11-20-2017, 12:17 PM

Could not agree more.

HoosierinFL
11-20-2017, 12:25 PM

Luck also had Reggie Wayne in 2014 with TY as the #2. The WR corps has never truly recovered from losing Reggie.

VeveJones007
11-20-2017, 12:34 PM
According to this dude he's at the top of Ballard short list........One person who knows Colts general manager Chris Ballard says Nagy will be high (if not first) on Ballard's list if Indianapolis makes a change.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000868188/article/nfl-assistant-coaches-on-the-rise-five-big-questions-for-week-8

Toub and Nagy both make a lot of sense if Ballard gets to make the hire. Who knows if Irsay will let him, though.

smitty46953
11-20-2017, 12:42 PM
1. Frank Reich
2. Matt Nagy
3. David Toub
4. Dam8610 :D

Urban Meyer, haven't seen him mentioned ? Any thoughts?

Personally not interested in ... Harbaugh, Saban, Gruden, Ariians or any former Patriots coordinator ... However rather have any of them over Pagano ...

:cool:

Maniac
11-20-2017, 01:41 PM
The Colts have been at the top of the league every year in QB Hits given up, no matter who the coordinator has been.

2012 : 2nd with 116 hits
2013 : 3rd with 109 hits
2014 : 4th with 107 hits
2015 : 2nd with 118 hits
2016 : 2nd with 128 hits
2017 : 1st so far with 82 hits

No wonder every QB in this system has been injured Luck, Hasselbeck, and Brissett

Thorgrim
11-20-2017, 03:48 PM
The Colts have been at the top of the league every year in QB Hits given up, no matter who the coordinator has been.

No wonder every QB in this system has been injured Luck, Hasselbeck, and Brissett

There must be some correlation between those six seasons and another element in the organization.

sherck
11-20-2017, 04:07 PM

No wonder every QB in this system has been injured Luck, Hasselbeck, and BrissettWhere did you get these numbers?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maniac
11-20-2017, 04:21 PM
Where did you get these numbers?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NFL.com statistics under the team category tab - offense - offensive line, and then the various years and then sort them by qb hits.

DrSpaceman
11-20-2017, 04:37 PM

I didn't say if I did or did not want him, just responding to the list of possible candidates and he was left off.

If we are putting Saban and Gruden and Cowher as possibilities in there then Arians should be as well.

Puck
11-20-2017, 05:25 PM

Don't forget how bad the Oline was and who the center was. Satelle

YDFL Commish
11-20-2017, 06:52 PM
There must be some correlation between those six seasons and another element in the organization.

Hmmm...what could that be? Maybe Dam has an answer.

Thorgrim
11-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Hmmm...what could that be? Maybe Dam has an answer.

Think think think. I just can't imagine.

HoosierinFL
11-20-2017, 08:25 PM

but we've had Ryan for almost 2 seasons no, not much change. I would think the rest of the line is upgraded too. I mean, it might still suck but these guys are better than Mike McGlynn, Winston Justice, and Gosder Cherilus, and surely even Hugh Thornton.

ChoppedWood
11-20-2017, 10:20 PM

Man, just fuck you for typing that name! My whole week has now been ruined!

Puck
11-20-2017, 10:50 PM
but we've had Ryan for almost 2 seasons no, not much change. I would think the rest of the line is upgraded too. I mean, it might still suck but these guys are better than Mike McGlynn, Winston Justice, and Gosder Cherilus, and surely even Hugh Thornton.

So imagine how bad Luck would have gotten killed under Chud with the old shit line of 2012-2015

YDFL Commish
11-20-2017, 11:08 PM
So imagine how bad Luck would have gotten killed under Chud with the old shit line of 2012-2015

Same shit, different day.

Brylok
11-21-2017, 02:56 AM
Irsay should be ashamed of himself for that group. He probably is. That's probably what made him fall off the wagon. Chris Ballard is the only person in the entire organization that I have any faith in. If he fails, we become the Browns. Like the bad old days.

albany ed
11-21-2017, 07:59 AM
Currently, this team could go either way, to the top or to the bottom. Most of that will depend on three people:

1. Luck, he needs to return completely healthy
2. Ballard, he needs to keep plugging the many holes in this ship
3. A (to be named) HC that:

a. possesses a vision of how to best utilize Luck
b. is no nonsense and won't tolerate boneheads
c. works with Ballard on getting the right players for his vision, but makes the final decisions on who plays
d. demands accountability from his Asst. Coaches

VeveJones007
11-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Currently, this team could go either way, to the top or to the bottom. Most of that will depend on three people:

1. Luck, he needs to return completely healthy
2. Ballard, he needs to keep plugging the many holes in this ship
3. A (to be named) HC that:

a. possesses a vision of how to best utilize Luck
b. is no nonsense and won't tolerate boneheads
c. works with Ballard on getting the right players for his vision, but makes the final decisions on who plays
d. demands accountability from his Asst. Coaches

I think this will turn around pretty quickly. Depending on the offseasons of the other teams in the South, I could see the Colts making the playoffs next year.

FatDT
11-21-2017, 01:21 PM
I think this will turn around pretty quickly. Depending on the offseasons of the other teams in the South, I could see the Colts making the playoffs next year.

If the Colts can get healthy and have just an OK coach they can play w/anybody. Some of the healthiest teams are the best teams this year. Eagles and Rams for example. We have some good players, not even considering the high draft slot and FA money we have going into next season.

YDFL Commish
12-23-2017, 01:48 PM

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich
Pete Carmichael
Matt Lafleur

Puck
12-23-2017, 03:10 PM

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich
Pete Carmichael
Matt Lafleur

Matt Hagy
Frank Reich
Pat Schurmer
Mike Smith
Mike Shannahan

Pez
12-23-2017, 04:53 PM
...Matt Patricia...

I think I would be optimistic about MP as head coach and Brian Schottenheimer as OC...

Colt Classic
12-23-2017, 06:02 PM
1. Frank Reich
2. Matt Nagy
3. David Toub
4. Dam8610 :D

Urban Meyer, haven't seen him mentioned ? Any thoughts?

Personally not interested in ... Harbaugh, Saban, Gruden, Ariians or any former Patriots coordinator ... However rather have any of them over Pagano ...

I was an Urban Meyer fan when he coached Florida, but after he won titles with Tebow he knew he had nowhere to go but down with the fans and alumni there so he came up with a BS excuse that he needed to step away from coaching to be with his family. Soon after, he was hired to coach Ohio State, which is where he wanted to be all along, going back to his time at Bowling Green. I don't want him here.

FatDT
12-23-2017, 06:10 PM
Mike Shula from the Panthers has done some good things in Carolina, works with the talent available, creative, good mix of run and pass.

YDFL Commish
12-23-2017, 07:05 PM
Updated list w/all coaches mentioned

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich
Pete Carmichael
Matt Lafleur
Pat Schurmer
Mike Smith
Mike Shannahan
Mike Shula
Matt Nagy

YDFL Commish
12-24-2017, 11:47 AM
Anybody think that a coach not presumed to be on the hot seat will get fired?

Maybe Jay Gruden, Mike McCarthy, Pete Carroll or Jason Garrett is fired, should the Colts be interested?

Dewey 5
12-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Mike Shula from the Panthers has done some good things in Carolina, works with the talent available, creative, good mix of run and pass.

No.

FatDT
12-24-2017, 10:37 PM
No.

What's bad about him?

Dewey 5
12-24-2017, 11:38 PM
What's bad about him?

My bad I was thinking Dave Shula.

Puck
12-24-2017, 11:46 PM

Maybe Jay Gruden, Mike McCarthy, Pete Carroll or Jason Garrett is fired, should the Colts be interested?

Pete Carrol? I'd rather keep Pagano than that cheating MFER. Biggest POS in the league

VeveJones007
12-25-2017, 01:26 AM
I don’t know what kind of head coach he would make, but Pat Schurmer has had a great season as OC in Minnesota.

Puck
12-25-2017, 01:28 AM
Bill Obrien.

Just throwing out names that could be available

Puck
12-25-2017, 01:29 AM
I don’t know what kind of head coach he would make, but Pat Schurmer has had a great season as OC in Minnesota.

I think he definitely gets interviews by some teams

njcoltfan
12-25-2017, 10:47 AM
Marty Shottenhiemer ( if he's still alive)

DrSpaceman
12-25-2017, 12:02 PM

Why would Pete Carroll be fired?

No to Jason Garrett.

YDFL Commish
12-25-2017, 12:51 PM

No to Jason Garrett.

Like I said It would be a surprise firing.

Spike
12-25-2017, 04:23 PM

No to Jason Garrett.

That's a HELL NO to Jason Garrett. Don't want Saben either.

Spike
12-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Good ideas on that list are Harbaugh, Saban, Toub, Austin. Any of the others would be wasting more of Luck's career. I honestly can't believe some of you still think Cowher or Gruden are good ideas.

Yep, don't want Cowher or Gruden either.

DrSpaceman
12-25-2017, 05:20 PM
Marty Shottenhiemer ( if he's still alive)

Schottenheimer is still alive but has Alzheimers.

He lives in the Charlotte area not too far from where I live.

Luck4Reich
12-25-2017, 05:30 PM

I bet he could still out coach Chuck. :cool:

njcoltfan
12-25-2017, 06:46 PM

Sorry to hear that. The guy got fired after a 14-2 season, that’s fuckin cold!!

Brylok
12-25-2017, 07:23 PM
That's a HELL NO to Jason Garrett. Don't want Saben either.
Jerry Jones won't fire Garrett. Where would he find another empty vessel to use as a puppet? Saben isn't going anywhere either. His wife is the Queen of Tuscaloosa.

DrSpaceman
12-25-2017, 11:11 PM
I bet he could still out coach Chuck. :cool:

I thought the same thing, but in the spirit of Christmas, was trying to be nice and leave it unsaid

Coltsalr
12-26-2017, 09:48 AM
I thought the same thing, but in the spirit of Christmas, was trying to be nice and leave it unsaid

I didn't even like Marty, but this was a really good feature that they did on his Alzheimer's:

http://broadband.espn.go.com/video/clip?id=20896213

Interesting that he/his family agreed to being interviewed and displaying his ailments on full display like this.

rcubed
12-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Per brad wells twitter (I know, its brad wells). I wonder what the rift would be?

Brad Wells
@BradWellsNFL
I have heard nothing regarding Peyton Manning, Jon Gruden, and the Colts. What I have heard is a divide between Chris Ballard and Irsay's daughters. That's rumor. Nothing I can confirm.
7:28 AM - Dec 26, 2017

Puck
12-26-2017, 02:07 PM
Per brad wells twitter (I know, its brad wells). I wonder what the rift would be?

Brad Wells
@BradWellsNFL
I have heard nothing regarding Peyton Manning, Jon Gruden, and the Colts. What I have heard is a divide between Chris Ballard and Irsay's daughters. That's rumor. Nothing I can confirm.
7:28 AM - Dec 26, 2017

Well WTF does that mean?

Puck
12-26-2017, 02:13 PM
Well WTF does that mean?

I hope they're not trying to save pagshit because they want to save some money or like him as a person

Brylok
12-26-2017, 02:26 PM
I hope they're not trying to save pagshit because they want to save some money or like him as a person
Irsay is phasing himself out, the daughters want to keep Chuck, and Ballard wants to get rid of him? Yikes. I hope not. Pagano has to go.

Racehorse
12-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Irsay is phasing himself out, the daughters want to keep Chuck, and Ballard wants to get rid of him? Yikes. I hope not. Pagano has to go.

or Ballard wants the daughters to force their dad out and they don't like the idea

rcubed
12-26-2017, 03:13 PM
or Ballard wants the daughters to force their dad out and they don't like the idea
I was thinking more along these lines. Maybe not force him out, but ballard encouraging jim to take a back seat and let ballard run the show, be the face. In short, stop talking and tweeting shit. May have rubbed the daughters the wrong way.

njcoltfan
12-26-2017, 03:14 PM

If that’s the case, I would think they risk losing Ballard !! If I was Ballard I would give Irsay the choice of him or me!

Puck
12-26-2017, 03:42 PM
I was thinking more along these lines. Maybe not force him out, but ballard encouraging jim to take a back seat and let ballard run the show, be the face. In short, stop talking and tweeting shit. May have rubbed the daughters the wrong way.

He has t tweeted much in a long time

rcubed
12-26-2017, 04:10 PM
He has t tweeted much in a long time
that's what I am saying. Irsay said a bunch of shit early this year - Luck coming back, O-line is fixed, etc. Maybe ballard told him to stop, let him handle the team stuff.

Butter
12-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Or it could all be Bullshit since it is Brad Wells.

omahacolt
12-26-2017, 05:21 PM
Or it could all be Bullshit since it is Brad Wells.

exactly

why the hell is anyone even acknowledging his bullshit

apballin
12-26-2017, 05:56 PM
I'd go

1. Leslie Frazier

2. Jim Harbaugh

3. Hate to say this Matt Patricia

Racehorse
12-26-2017, 06:30 PM
I'd go

1. Leslie Frazier

2. Jim Harbaugh

How about

1. Not Pagano
2. Definitely not Pagano
3. No way in hell Pagano

FatDT
12-26-2017, 06:36 PM
Lol Leslie Frazier

YDFL Commish
12-26-2017, 08:21 PM
I'd go

1. Leslie Frazier

2. Jim Harbaugh

Where's your butt buddy alter ego been?

Luck4Reich
12-26-2017, 08:37 PM

Maybe Dam got stuck up apballins butt... now Dam is literally talking out of his ass.:cool:

albany ed
12-27-2017, 09:21 AM
On a sports talk show this morning, Bruce Arians name got mentioned.

DrSpaceman
12-27-2017, 12:20 PM
On a sports talk show this morning, Bruce Arians name got mentioned.

I think he will be available and while I like Arians, I agree with others who have stated his type of vertical emphasized passing game is what has been the problem for Luck and the Colts for 5 years.

sherck
12-27-2017, 01:09 PM
I think he will be available and while I like Arians, I agree with others who have stated his type of vertical emphasized passing game is what has been the problem for Luck and the Colts for 5 years.

Concur.

I see what a lot of the NFL is running and it is basically a West Coast Offense with a mix of longer patterns on each and every single play giving the QB options at multiple levels. Check the long ball to see if coverage was blown and if you have time or progress and hit someone shorter in space with hopefully room to run.

Our current offense often floods the same space with 2 or 3 receivers grouping all of the defenders into the space where the ball is going. Does not result in much YAC.

I would love to see Luck in a real offensive system. Arians system is not what I want; we saw that in 2012 with the long ball all the time. No thanks.

Walk Worthy,

DrSpaceman
12-27-2017, 11:02 PM
Discussion today on the local talk radio (in Indy right now for the holidays) was about this. Not by Dakich, but whoever comes on 1070 after him.

Consensus seemed to be Toub, who is likely Ballard's top pick, would be a tough sell to the fans, whether he is the right pick or not, given his lack of previous HC experience and the fact Irsay the last few seasons seemed to be striking out for a big name coaching hire and failed. Toub would be a bit of a let down compared to the guys it seemed Irsay was going after

Further the feeling was would be best to have someone with some prior head coaching experience or at the very least someone with just more than 1-2 years as experience as a coordinator, pointing out how while Pagano was the DC in Baltimore, it was only for a season and the D was pretty stacked at the time he was coaching him and with a good system in place even before he took the job.

Also felt the job would have been much easier to hire for 1-2 years ago, when Pagano should have been fired and before there was the lingering issue with Luck's shoulder. For that reason its not likely to be a "big name" hire, so basically forget Harbaugh (I though that was a longshot before anyway) or any well established coach looking to make a change.

All decent things hard to argue, though not sure where that leaves things on the coaching front.

DrSpaceman
12-27-2017, 11:13 PM
I didn't even like Marty, but this was a really good feature that they did on his Alzheimer's:

http://broadband.espn.go.com/video/clip?id=20896213

Interesting that he/his family agreed to being interviewed and displaying his ailments on full display like this.

That's a good feature and not matter how you feel about him as a coach, its a horrible disease for any family to be put through.

But Marty really was a HORRIBLE playoff coach. 5-13 career playoff record. I know many things play into that record, like the Fumble, the Drive, 3 missed FGs vs. the Colts I believe in 1995, even the fluky INT for Brady and then a fumble on the INT return in 2006. Heck the Colts benefited greatly from his losses over the years. But still, that's a bad record.

5 times he had teams with eleven wins or more that lost in the first round in the playoffs. Those aren't just playoff teams, those are teams that should be conference championship contenders that lose in the first round. And this is with multiple different teams over multiple different decades, not just one team that failed over and over

I know Manning, as QB, struggled with this same perception for years, but he actually ended up near .500 for his career in the playoffs, which is not great but respectable.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/SchoMa0.htm

apballin
12-28-2017, 08:54 PM
Maybe Dam got stuck up apballins butt... now Dam is literally talking out of his ass.:cool:

Nice post Michael Sam

apballin
12-28-2017, 08:56 PM

Your mom's like the rest of us?

YDFL Commish
12-29-2017, 05:19 PM
Hears on XM Radio today that there is an apparent rift between Bill O'Brien and GM Rick Smith. So O'Brien may be on his way out.

Anybody interested?

Indiana V2
12-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Hears on XM Radio today that there is an apparent rift between Bill O'Brien and GM Rick Smith. So O'Brien may be on his way out.

Anybody interested?

Let me think about it...no.

GoBigBlue88
12-29-2017, 11:48 PM
I hate this YOU GOTTA HIRE A BIG NAME thing JMV is on about. The last big name Irsay trumpeted was Joe Philbin, so how's that working out?

FatDT
12-30-2017, 02:36 AM
Why is a big name important?

omahacolt
12-30-2017, 06:10 AM
Why is a big name important?

It isn't

Just more nonsense and rumors

YDFL Commish
12-30-2017, 08:06 PM

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich
Pete Carmichael
Matt Lafleur
Pat Schurmer
Mike Smith
Mike Shannahan
Mike Shula
Matt Nagy
Tom Cable

Dewey 5
12-31-2017, 12:06 AM
Adam Schefter

Verified account

@AdamSchefter
37m37 minutes ago
More
No surprise, but Indianapolis is expected to part ways with head coach Chuck Pagano, per sources.

GoBigBlue88
12-31-2017, 12:10 AM
If this team hires Tom Cable -- the guy who will be bounced in SEA because their OL is actually somehow worse than Indy's -- then Irsay can kiss any chance of a 2018 fanbase goodbye.

Dewey 5
12-31-2017, 12:36 AM
If this team hires Tom Cable -- the guy who will be bounced in SEA because their OL is actually somehow worse than Indy's -- then Irsay can kiss any chance of a 2018 fanbase goodbye.

What makes you think Cable is a viable candidate? I agree with you but I haven't seen his name surface.

FatDT
12-31-2017, 12:38 AM

Cable has had success elsewhere hasn't he? I don't mean as a HC, though the fan the table in the AFC West the year he was fired. My impression is that Seattle's OL problems come from lack of investment (remember when they traded Pro Bowl center Max Unger for Jimmy Smith?) and the difficulty of blocking for Wilson when he is moving around so much.

Wouldn't consider Cable for HC but maybe for OL coach or OC.

YDFL Commish
12-31-2017, 01:29 AM
What makes you think Cable is a viable candidate? I agree with you but I haven't seen his name surface.

Bleacher Report is suggesting that Cable is a viable candidate.

Coltsalr
12-31-2017, 08:54 AM

Cable sounds more like a Ballard than an Irsay guy.

One of the rare instances where we’d support Irsay meddling into the GM’s affairs?

Indiana V2
12-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Pretty much anyone would be an upgrade over Pagano, however i would prefer someone who has previous HC experience in the hope that they will have learned from their mistakes the first time around, not expecting another Belichick, but just don't want to possibly suffer through another first timer again.

Dewey 5
12-31-2017, 10:15 AM
Cable would be a horrible choice. He has never won on any level as a HC. I would rather see Ballard tab one of his two coaches at KC. I hope he casts a wide net and gets the right guy in here. He can't fuck this up. Irsay can't afford to have this fucked up again.

YDFL Commish
12-31-2017, 07:13 PM
Now that it's official, do we have any favorites? I'm kinda leaning towards McDaniels myself.

I want a guy w/NFL HC experience. I don't care if it's an offensive guy or a defensive guy. I think that aspect is largely overblown.

But I want a guy that is smart enough to hire an innovative OC that understands what it takes to score in today's NFL.

smitty46953
12-31-2017, 07:16 PM
I kinda want Reich or Nagy ... :cool:

Hoopsdoc
12-31-2017, 09:51 PM
I kinda want Reich or Nagy ... :cool:

I wasn’t impressed with Reich when he was here before. Pass.

ukcolt
01-01-2018, 07:16 AM
I actually would love for us to go left field and try to hire former Boise St and current Washington Huskies coach Chris Petersen. He has a history of developing players, and of his teams far outperforming the talent level of his rosters. He is 53 years old so in the prime of his coaching career and ready to move up to the NFL. You could argue that as a college coach he hasn't coached in either of the two big leagues ie the SEC or Big 10, but he is the highest paid coach in the PAC 12. He has an overall coaching record of 129-29 which is truly outstanding.

Dewey 5
01-01-2018, 09:37 AM
I actually would love for us to go left field and try to hire former Boise St and current Washington Huskies coach Chris Petersen. He has a history of developing players, and of his teams far outperforming the talent level of his rosters. He is 53 years old so in the prime of his coaching career and ready to move up to the NFL. You could argue that as a college coach he hasn't coached in either of the two big leagues ie the SEC or Big 10, but he is the highest paid coach in the PAC 12. He has an overall coaching record of 129-29 which is truly outstanding.

Not a chance. His team's are soft. He would be a huge failure in the NFL.

Colt Classic
01-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Schefter saying Gruden is going to be Oakland's new coach. :cool:

Dewey 5
01-01-2018, 09:39 AM

Pretty much a done deal
10 mill per plus 10% ownership

GoBigBlue88
01-01-2018, 10:56 AM
Hopefully Irsay lets Ballard do his thing:

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/947842979997409281

Dewey 5
01-01-2018, 11:36 AM
Hopefully Irsay lets Ballard do his thing:

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/947842979997409281

I agree but this Tom Cable thing troubles me.

Quick question. What is the rule or time frame when coaches on playoff teams can be interviewed?

Indiana V2
01-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Rappaport just said Gruden could end up in Indy.

Indiana V2
01-01-2018, 12:06 PM
Now that it's official, do we have any favorites? I'm kinda leaning towards McDaniels myself.

I want a guy w/NFL HC experience. I don't care if it's an offensive guy or a defensive guy. I think that aspect is largely overblown.

But I want a guy that is smart enough to hire an innovative OC that understands what it takes to score in today's NFL.

I want a coach with previous HC experience like McDaniels.

Mr. Session
01-01-2018, 12:26 PM

I like McDaniels too.

We need someone with enough clout to actually hold Luck accountable. Someone who can actually challenge Luck to develop his game to the next level.

DrSpaceman
01-01-2018, 01:22 PM
I like McDaniels too.

We need someone with enough clout to actually hold Luck accountable. Someone who can actually challenge Luck to develop his game to the next level.

While I think Luck has things to improve in his game, a coach that hold Luck accountable is pretty low on my list of priorities for the next person in charge. There are about 100 or more other more important things that have to happen for the Colts to be contenders.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 02:15 PM
McDaniels? Why do you want a worse head coach?

For me, if you can't get Harbaugh, get Toub quickly and hope he can get a good staff around him, preferably with good coordinators that won't be looking for HC jobs.

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Colts have requested permission to interview;

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels
Chiefs OC Matt Nagy
Chiefs Special Teams Coordinator Dave Toub
Panthers DC Steve Wilks

for vacant head coaching job

:cool: These are ones I have heard so far

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 02:35 PM
Colts have requested permission to interview;

Patriots OC Josh McDaniels
Chiefs OC Matt Nagy
Chiefs Special Teams Coordinator Dave Toub
Panthers DC Steve Wilks

for vacant head coaching job

:cool: These are ones I have heard so far

I'm good with either of the last two, would wonder why Irsay wants to throw Luck's career away if McDaniels is brought in.

ChoppedWood
01-01-2018, 02:37 PM
McDaniels? Why do you want a worse head coach?

For me, if you can't get Harbaugh, get Toub quickly and hope he can get a good staff around him, preferably with good coordinators that won't be looking for HC jobs.

A worse head coach...

Your dad doesn't have a job today bud. There's a reason, because he's a terrible coach that would be outclassed in that department at every local high school.

Man just go away again!

Puck
01-01-2018, 02:40 PM
My 2 cents..... Need to hire an offensive minded HC that will control the offense

Otherwise you bring in a good OC and with Luck back there would be success and that OC would be gone to a HCing job and we have to start over again. Luck and this entire offense needs continuity for more than a yr at a time.

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 02:41 PM
I'm good with either of the last two, would wonder why Irsay wants to throw Luck's career away if McDaniels is brought in.

I am ok with Nagy as well, personally not a McDaniels fan either. :cool:

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 02:41 PM
While I think Luck has things to improve in his game, a coach that hold Luck accountable is pretty low on my list of priorities for the next person in charge. There are about 100 or more other more important things that have to happen for the Colts to be contenders.

How about a coach that holds everybody accountable?

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 02:43 PM
I like this about Ballard;

George Bremer @gmbremer
Castonzo said Ballard's message to the team today was he'll work to bring in a coach that will get the most out of them, but that championship teams are built when players hold one another accountable. So it starts in the locker room. #Colts

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 02:48 PM

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich
Pete Carmichael
Matt Lafleur
Pat Schurmer
Mike Smith
Mike Shannahan
Mike Shula
Matt Nagy
Tom Cable
Steve Wilks

Colt Classic
01-01-2018, 02:51 PM

Jim Harbaugh
David Shaw
Nick Saban
Jon Gruden
Bill Cowher
Jim Mora Jr
Dave Toub
Josh McDaniels
Matt Patricia
Jim Bob Cooter
Teryl Austin
Scott Linehan
Todd Haley
Dennis Allen
Frank Reich
Pete Carmichael
Matt Lafleur
Pat Schurmer
Mike Smith
Mike Shannahan
Mike Shula
Matt Nagy
Tom Cable
Steve Wilks

Pissin myself with excitement at how inspiring those names are. I can see the dynasty starting here. Although Bellicheck was coming off an uninspiring stint with Cleveland when he landed in the northeast.

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 02:54 PM
I think an important aspect is a coach who recognizes that the "Spread Offenses" and the "Air Raid" offense used in college football do have a place in the NFL.

What Peyton was doing in Denver and what Brady is doing in New England have some elements of those offenses.

Also, if that is the type of offense a kid has been in since high school, it's much easier to get him playing to his capability when he gets to the NFL, rather than trying to teach him the outdated Chudzinski shit offense.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 02:56 PM
A worse head coach...

Your dad doesn't have a job today bud. There's a reason, because he's a terrible coach that would be outclassed in that department at every local high school.

Man just go away again!

McDaniels is a decisively worse head coach, he drove a promising franchise into the ground in one offseason and finished his previous head coaching stint with a 10-17 record. Since Belicheat doesn't let them leave with the cameras or Ernie Adams with them, no reason to think he'd do any better here, and he'd probably run Luck off.

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 03:03 PM
NFL‏Verified account @NFL · 36m36 minutes ago

An emotional Bruce Arians announces his retirement as head coach of the @AZCardinals.

Could he be interested in Colts job? :cool:

IndyNorm
01-01-2018, 03:07 PM
McDaniels is a decisively worse head coach, he drove a promising franchise into the ground in one offseason and finished his previous head coaching stint with a 10-17 record. Since Belicheat doesn't let them leave with the cameras or Ernie Adams with them, no reason to think he'd do any better here, and he'd probably run Luck off.

While I'm not sure he could be worse than Clappy I do agree with you that McDaniels would be bad. He was a complete dumpster fire in Denver. Not a single Belicheat assistant has been worth a shit as a HC. And fuck those cheating massholes.

IMHO the short list should be: Reich, Nagy, Toub, and Haley. If they want to take a look at a college guy then James Franklin from Penn St. could be worth a look.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 03:08 PM
NFL‏Verified account @NFL · 36m36 minutes ago

An emotional Bruce Arians announces his retirement as head coach of the @AZCardinals.

Could he be interested in Colts job? :cool:

I'm torn. He's shown he's a good head coach, but he's also a QB killer, probably not what Luck needs right now.

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 03:13 PM

Fuck off, just Fuck off, will you please?

Belichick was considered a failure in Cleveland. Shula was considered a failure in Baltimore. Landry couldn't get it done in Dallas his 1st 10 years. Dungy couldn't win the big game.

None of knows who the next great coach will be. But it sure as fuck wasn't going to be Pagano or Chudzinski, running the offense of the 1990's U.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 03:18 PM
While I'm not sure he could be worse than Clappy I do agree with you that McDaniels would be bad. He was a complete dumpster fire in Denver. Not a single Belicheat assistant has been worth a shit as a HC. And fuck those cheating massholes.

IMHO the short list should be: Reich, Nagy, Toub, and Haley. If they want to take a look at a college guy then James Franklin from Penn St. could be worth a look.

You guys really need to let go of your hatred blinders. Remember when Caldwell was the worst HC ever, then he went on to win a Super Bowl with Baltimore as a OC and has turned the Lions into a respectable franchise as a HC? McDaniels was, as you put it, a complete dumpster fire in Denver, and he can't even blame that on not having a franchise QB, because he was gifted one that he ran off. I don't want his egomania anywhere near the Colts franchise.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Fuck off, just Fuck off, will you please?

Belichick was considered a failure in Cleveland. Shula was considered a failure in Baltimore. Landry couldn't get it done in Dallas his 1st 10 years. Dungy couldn't win the big game.

None of knows who the next great coach will be. But it sure as fuck wasn't going to be Pagano or Chudzinski, running the offense of the 1990's U.

If Shula was considered a failure in Baltimore, give me a failure just like that. Also, none of the coaches you named were egomaniacs like McDaniels, which is why, with the exception of Belicheat (who only found it through cheating), they were able to find success in the NFL

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 03:27 PM
If Shula was considered a failure in Baltimore, give me a failure just like that. Also, none of the coaches you named were egomaniacs like McDaniels, which is why, with the exception of Belicheat (who only found it through cheating), they were able to find success in the NFL

So McDaniel's can't be a better coach, a better human being than he was almost 10 years ago?

I'm not saying that McDaniel's is THE GUY. I'm just saying that you can't dismiss him because of his past.

IndyNorm
01-01-2018, 03:32 PM
You guys really need to let go of your hatred blinders. Remember when Caldwell was the worst HC ever, then he went on to win a Super Bowl with Baltimore as a OC and has turned the Lions into a respectable franchise as a HC? McDaniels was, as you put it, a complete dumpster fire in Denver, and he can't even blame that on not having a franchise QB, because he was gifted one that he ran off. I don't want his egomania anywhere near the Colts franchise.

Dude, I actually agreed with you. What gives?

And oh BTW: the folks in Detroit thought Caldwell did such a good job that they fired him today.

IndyNorm
01-01-2018, 03:33 PM
So McDaniel's can't be a better coach, a better human being than he was almost 10 years ago?

I'm not saying that McDaniel's is THE GUY. I'm just saying that you can't dismiss him because of his past.

When you take into account his dumpster fire of a job in his previous tenure and that none of Belicheat's assistant have had any success as a HC the prudent thing would be to look elsewhere.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 03:35 PM

Given the history of Belicheat assistants, the proven fact that New England cheats using cameras and Ernie Adams to know what plays the other team is calling, and the past of Josh McDaniels as a head coach in which he took a promising franchise and reduced it to smoldering embers in one offseason, I see his probability of success as the lowest among those being considered.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 03:41 PM
Dude, I actually agreed with you. What gives?

And oh BTW: the folks in Detroit thought Caldwell did such a good job that they fired him today.

The Lions have been a well esteemed franchise known for their keen decision making over the years, right? They're right up there with the Browns in that department. Hopefully they hire McDaniels and take that potential problem away from the Colts franchise.

Caldwell had a 36-28 record with them. I'll be stunned if their next head coach does as well.

Gimmick
01-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban should be at the top of the list.

After that, I would pick Frank Reich.

Fourth choice would be David Shaw.

IndyNorm
01-01-2018, 05:27 PM
The Lions have been a well esteemed franchise known for their keen decision making over the years, right? They're right up there with the Browns in that department. Hopefully they hire McDaniels and take that potential problem away from the Colts franchise.

Caldwell had a 36-28 record with them. I'll be stunned if their next head coach does as well.

Good point, and I was surprised to see the Lions let him go. I think most of us still hold one of the worst TO calls in the history of sports against Caldwell, but he obviously did well as OC for Balt and had a good record in Det.

Anyway, I agree with you on McDaniels. We need to look elsewhere for our coach.

kitekrazy
01-01-2018, 05:33 PM
Jim Harbaugh and Nick Saban should be at the top of the list.

After that, I would pick Frank Reich.

Fourth choice would be David Shaw.

I don't get the Harbaugh thing. You would have to buy out his contract and what makes you think he wants to go back to the NFL?

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 05:36 PM
I don't get the Harbaugh thing. You would have to buy out his contract and what makes you think he wants to go back to the NFL?

He's worked with Luck and he's one of the few coaches who has actually shown that his presence makes an appreciable difference in team results. That's the Harbaugh thing.

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 05:41 PM

what franchise qb did he run off in Denver?

and caldwell was a bad coach here. then we saw pagano and realized how bad it could get.

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 05:43 PM
That's the Harbaugh thing.

Not a fan of Harbaugh

Harbaugh has Colts offense already
!st Down.. Incomplete Pass
2nd Down..Run up middle for 2 0r 3
3rd Down..Either sack ..Incomplete or hit Tight End
Punt

2nd Half Meltdown
Absolutely terrible play calling
Players put in terrible positions

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Not a fan of Harbaugh

Harbaugh has Colts offense already
!st Down.. Incomplete Pass
2nd Down..Run up middle for 2 0r 3
3rd Down..Either sack ..Incomplete or hit Tight End
Punt

2nd Half Meltdown
Absolutely terrible play calling
Players put in terrible positions

sounds like a perfect fit

Dewey 5
01-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Are you seriously saying that Jay fucking Cutler is a franchise qb?

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 07:28 PM
what franchise qb did he run off in Denver?

and caldwell was a bad coach here. then we saw pagano and realized how bad it could get.

Cutler, who was coming off a Pro Bowl age 25 season at the time. No one could've predicted he'd be in Chicago to start 2009, or that he'd have 6 different offensive coordinators in the next 8 seasons.

Are you seriously saying that Jay fucking Cutler is a franchise qb?

He was a much better QB than most new head coaches get, and looked like a franchise QB at age 26 when McDaniels got him. The Bears screwed him over by constantly changing his offenses, which completely destroyed his development.

omahacolt
01-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Cutler, who was coming off a Pro Bowl age 25 season at the time. No one could've predicted he'd be in Chicago to start 2009, or that he'd have 6 different offensive coordinators in the next 8 seasons.

He was a much better QB than most new head coaches get, and looked like a franchise QB at age 26 when McDaniels got him. The Bears screwed him over by constantly changing his offenses, which completely destroyed his development.

hahaha this dude loves pagano and cutler.

what the ever loving fuck happened with this kid? dam seriously is retarded. how can a retarded person type complete sentences? impressive

ChoppedWood
01-01-2018, 07:46 PM
He's worked with Luck and he's one of the few coaches who has actually shown that his presence makes an appreciable difference in team results. That's the Harbaugh thing.

Holy shit- you actually are trying to pass this shit off as legit?

60 days ago you're on here spewing some stupid fucking shit about variances really being the say all end all and that coaches don't matter... then you are going to try to fly this flag trying to tell us Jim Harbaugh is "one of the few" that has a "presence" sufficient to make a difference. No fucking way, no way!

Jim Harbaugh right- the coach who just lost a late 16 point lead to a really shitty South Carolina team - same guy right? Same guy who's 2nd half of the season was a shit show and left people wondering if his job was secure at his alma mater? Same guy right????

GTH!

Gimmick
01-01-2018, 08:23 PM
You realize he's been successful every place he's ever coached, right?
He has a history with Andrew Luck.
He has a history playing for the Indianapolis Colts and was well liked in Indy.

He even turned the incompetent dysfunctional 49ers into a dominant Super Bowl team. He's a no-brainer slam dunk head coaching pick for this particular situation.

The only guy I would maybe like better would be Saban, but even then I don't know. Those two are the shoot for the stars guys. After that, Frank Reich has done tremendous work with the Eagles offense. He's also been tremendous in bringing along Carson Wentz who is not as talented as Andrew Luck, but damn they are getting more out of him talent-wise than the careless Colts have gotten with Andrew.

After those guys anyone else except maybe David Shaw would be an eye-roller who cares kind of pick. The guys in Kansas City are almost certainly overrated and I hate seeing front office guys go back to their old teams for head coach and player acquisition moves. Sure if you need someone for a coordinator or a key player position then make the move but if you are just going back to people you are familiar with wholesale it's known to be a character flaw and failed strategy. Look how that worked out for Grigson and his Eagles retreads over and over again.

Dam8610
01-01-2018, 08:46 PM
Holy shit- you actually are trying to pass this shit off as legit?

60 days ago you're on here spewing some stupid fucking shit about variances really being the say all end all and that coaches don't matter... then you are going to try to fly this flag trying to tell us Jim Harbaugh is "one of the few" that has a "presence" sufficient to make a difference. No fucking way, no way!

Jim Harbaugh right- the coach who just lost a late 16 point lead to a really shitty South Carolina team - same guy right? Same guy who's 2nd half of the season was a shit show and left people wondering if his job was secure at his alma mater? Same guy right????

GTH!

Reading is fundamental, comprehension even moreso. Few is not none, and there's a stark difference between the 49ers under Harbaugh, and both before and after him, that I don't think can be completely explained away by player performance. A substantial portion of the after can likely be explained by the losses they suffered on defense, but I don't think that takes them from perennial contender to top of the draft order overnight by itself, and that says nothing of the before, where they were unsuccessful with pretty much the same roster.

That said, I would completely understand based on the reputation Harbaugh earned if Ballard wanted to avoid him completely, in which case he should get someone like Toub in immediately and focus on assembling a strong staff around him.

Spike
01-01-2018, 09:41 PM
You realize he's been successful every place he's ever coached, right?
He has a history with Andrew Luck.
He has a history playing for the Indianapolis Colts and was well liked in Indy.

He even turned the incompetent dysfunctional 49ers into a dominant Super Bowl team. He's a no-brainer slam dunk head coaching pick for this particular situation.

The only guy I would maybe like better would be Saban, but even then I don't know. Those two are the shoot for the stars guys. After that, Frank Reich has done tremendous work with the Eagles offense. He's also been tremendous in bringing along Carson Wentz who is not as talented as Andrew Luck, but damn they are getting more out of him talent-wise than the careless Colts have gotten with Andrew.

After those guys anyone else except maybe David Shaw would be an eye-roller who cares kind of pick. The guys in Kansas City are almost certainly overrated and I hate seeing front office guys go back to their old teams for head coach and player acquisition moves. Sure if you need someone for a coordinator or a key player position then make the move but if you are just going back to people you are familiar with wholesale it's known to be a character flaw and failed strategy. Look how that worked out for Grigson and his Eagles retreads over and over again.

Hell no to Saban, just hell no!

smitty46953
01-01-2018, 10:16 PM
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Colts have requested to interview Seahawks DC Kris Richard for their head-coaching vacancy.

Richard has been running the defensive show in Seattle the past three seasons after Dan Quinn took the Falcons' head coach job. 38-year-old Richard is a riser in the coaching ranks and interviewed for the Bills' job last year.

Richard joins;
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels,
Chiefs OC Matt Nagy,
Panthers DC Steve Wilks,
Texans DC Mike Vrabel

as names connected to the Colts' opening thus far. Jan 1 - 8:44 PM

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Butter
01-01-2018, 10:27 PM
Hell no to Saban, just hell no!
I don't think he is even an option, just shit thrown against a wall.

YDFL Commish
01-01-2018, 10:29 PM
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Colts have requested to interview Seahawks DC Kris Richard for their head-coaching vacancy.

Richard has been running the defensive show in Seattle the past three seasons after Dan Quinn took the Falcons' head coach job. 38-year-old Richard is a riser in the coaching ranks and interviewed for the Bills' job last year.

Richard joins;
Patriots OC Josh McDaniels,
Chiefs OC Matt Nagy,
Panthers DC Steve Wilks,
Texans DC Mike Vrabel

as names connected to the Colts' opening thus far. Jan 1 - 8:44 PM

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Vrabel just got out schemed by Chud, nuff said!

DrSpaceman
01-01-2018, 11:18 PM
My hesitation with Kris Richard is he could end up being Pagano 2.0. His recent resume is pretty much the same as Pagano's prior to being hired. He was the DB coach and then promoted to DC for Seattle, only 2 years of DC experience in Seattle.

The D is loaded was good long before he came along, same as with Pagano in Baltimore when he followed the same path

DrSpaceman
01-01-2018, 11:24 PM

They kept changing coordinators because he kept sucking and they though a new coordinator would solve the problem.

The Bears were loaded with talent at WR at one point and Cutler still wasn't that good.

2013, Josh Mccown, a journeyman back up, far outplayed Cutler once Cutler went down injured.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2013.htm

But sure, it was the OC

Bears had Matt Forte, Alshon Jeffery, Martellus Bennet and Brandon Marshall on that team. THREE of those players made the Pro Bowl that year. But Cutler played perfectly mediocre that season.

Bears never should have signed him long term after that

Indiana V2
01-01-2018, 11:52 PM
We don't just need a bright HC who will hold players accountable, but we need one who can build a great staff, having an overall strong staff will propel us to the next level and beyond.

So hiring the right coach is obviously key to start turning things around, but who they surround themself with is even moreso.

FatDT
01-01-2018, 11:54 PM
Remember when we could go more than two posts in a row without Dam fucking up the conversation with his dumb argumentative bullshit?

Coltsalr
01-02-2018, 12:33 AM
Steve Wilks is Black, so he appears to be the Rooney Rule candidate that’s making the rounds this year.

I have no idea if he’s deserving or not, don’t get me wrong, but that’s the way of things, like how Jim Caldwell and Pep Hamilton would get interviews.

Coltsalr
01-02-2018, 12:37 AM
My 2 cents..... Need to hire an offensive minded HC that will control the offense

Otherwise you bring in a good OC and with Luck back there would be success and that OC would be gone to a HCing job and we have to start over again. Luck and this entire offense needs continuity for more than a yr at a time.

Agreed, there’s a high correlation right now between HC’s that are offense first and development of QB’s and ultimately team success right now.

Coltsalr
01-02-2018, 12:44 AM

McDaniels and Cutler never worked together.

Cutler was traded to the Bears prior to the start of the 2009 season, which was McDaniels’ first in Denver.

McDaniels’ problems came as a talent evaluator as he tried to be czar of the organization like Belichick is in New England. With Ballard in place in Indy, clearly this wouldn’t be the case.

rcubed
01-02-2018, 02:06 AM
McDaniels has acknowledged that as well. He had said he didn't do things right in Denver and now understands what he did wrong and that he learned a lot back in NE. He said because of his failure he knew what to concentrate on and learn from belicheat. That's good to hear but I would still be Leary of hiring him.

Dam8610
01-02-2018, 02:50 AM
McDaniels and Cutler never worked together.

Cutler was traded to the Bears prior to the start of the 2009 season, which was McDaniels’ first in Denver.

McDaniels’ problems came as a talent evaluator as he tried to be czar of the organization like Belichick is in New England. With Ballard in place in Indy, clearly this wouldn’t be the case.

McDaniels was the reason Cutler demanded a trade.

Maniac
01-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Cutler, who was coming off a Pro Bowl age 25 season at the time.

Pro Bowls are a joke. Vince Young and David Garrard were pro bowl QB's too.

That said, I don't want McDaniels either. The broncos were caught videotaping other teams' practices under McDaniels. Don't want that cheating bastard on the Colts.

Coltsalr
01-02-2018, 08:56 AM
McDaniels was the reason Cutler demanded a trade.

Because Cutler was a giant baby about it that McDaniels looked into trading for Cassel, a QB he had just worked with.

That says nothing about the impact McDaniels had on Cutler’s development, much less “destroying” him.

Dam8610
01-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Because Cutler was a giant baby about it that McDaniels looked into trading for Cassel, a QB he had just worked with.

That says nothing about the impact McDaniels had on Cutler’s development, much less “destroying” him.

Never said he did that, I said the Bears did that. I said McDaniels ran him out of Denver, which he did by trying to trade for a QB. The current equivalent would be him coming here and announcing that Brissett would be the starter moving forward. Brissett is a great QB2, but Luck is clearly the QB1 here.

Coltsalr
01-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Never said he did that, I said the Bears did that. I said McDaniels ran him out of Denver, which he did by trying to trade for a QB. The current equivalent would be him coming here and announcing that Brissett would be the starter moving forward. Brissett is a great QB2, but Luck is clearly the QB1 here.

That wouldn’t be the equivalent at all.

The equivalent, I suppose, would be if McDaniels talked up Brissett, another QB he’s worked with in the past, and Luck got jealous and demanded a trade.

Again, that would reflect more on a petulant whiny jealous QB than the HC.

Hoopsdoc
01-02-2018, 12:37 PM
I like this about Ballard;

George Bremer @gmbremer
Castonzo said Ballard's message to the team today was he'll work to bring in a coach that will get the most out of them, but that championship teams are built when players hold one another accountable. So it starts in the locker room. #Colts

Yes yes yes yes.

No more pat em on the butt and do better next time.

Dam8610
01-02-2018, 12:41 PM
That wouldn’t be the equivalent at all.

The equivalent, I suppose, would be if McDaniels talked up Brissett, another QB he’s worked with in the past, and Luck got jealous and demanded a trade.

Again, that would reflect more on a petulant whiny jealous QB than the HC.

He wanted to trade for Cassell and Cutler lost confidence that the organization was committed to him, and rightfully so since they'd just tried to trade for another team's backup to replace him. So the scenario I laid out would actually be fairly similar, especially since Brissett is a former Cheat.

Hoopsdoc
01-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Two guys they should at least approach-Tony Dungy and Bruce Arians. 99 percent chance they both turn it down but it costs nothing to ask.

Maniac
01-02-2018, 12:47 PM
Two guys they should at least approach-Tony Dungy and Bruce Arians. 99 percent chance they both turn it down but it costs nothing to ask.

No, and No. Might as well reach out to Jim Mora too.

rcubed
01-02-2018, 12:51 PM
and no.

Hoopsdoc
01-02-2018, 12:51 PM
No, and No. Might as well reach out to Jim Mora too.

Like him or not, Dungy was a great great coach. Arians is, to a lesser degree, if only because of his chuck it deep, kill the quarterback offense.

1965southpaw
01-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Dan Dakitch and Urban Meyer are friends. Yesterday on his show he texted Urban with the question: "what would it take to get you here to coach the colts". Today DD read Urban's reply: "a gym membership for Shelley (his wife) and a house next door to you (Dakitch).

Obvious this was tongue in cheek....but I find it curious he didn't shut it down, knowing that DD would spread that text all over his airwaves.

rcubed
01-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Toub will be our next HC.

I hope he can get some high quality assistants to join up with him.

VeveJones007
01-02-2018, 03:41 PM
Toub will be our next HC.

I hope he can get some high quality assistants to join up with him.

Toub has been around a while and has connections around the league. I would hope that he could put together a good staff.

One thing to keep an eye on if the Colts do go with Toub--they'll likely target someone in the draft who can be a return ace. That has been a fixture with Toub's ST units in Chicago (Hester) and KC (Hill).

Coltsalr
01-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Toub has been around a while and has connections around the league. I would hope that he could put together a good staff.

One thing to keep an eye on if the Colts do go with Toub--they'll likely target someone in the draft who can be a return ace. That has been a fixture with Toub's ST units in Chicago (Hester) and KC (Hill).

I'm wondering if Antonio Calloway, the Florida WR, might be a guy that he sees as his next Tyreek Hill. His off-the-field transgressions are by no means as horrific as Tyreek Hill's, but he did miss the entire 2017 season due to suspension, so he very clearly has issues and there would obviously be the fear that he'd get himself suspended in the NFL due to more stupidity.

Calloway has returned punts in College Football, and he'd seem to be intriguing in the Tyreek Hill jack-of-all-trades role, assuming we could get him no earlier than the 4th.

Oldcolt
01-02-2018, 06:07 PM
It's a crapshoot. I prefer someone like Toub but what do I know

[URL="https://247sports.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/Article/The-Mastery-of-Dave-Toub-105222810"]

omahacolt
01-02-2018, 07:17 PM

fuck no to both

omahacolt
01-02-2018, 07:19 PM
He wanted to trade for Cassell and Cutler lost confidence that the organization was committed to him, and rightfully so since they'd just tried to trade for another team's backup to replace him. So the scenario I laid out would actually be fairly similar, especially since Brissett is a former Cheat.

it was jay fucking cutler

stop pretending he is some great player

IndyNorm
01-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Like him or not, Dungy was a great great coach. Arians is, to a lesser degree, if only because of his chuck it deep, kill the quarterback offense.

I agree on Dungy. Not so much on Arians. I'm sure the record would improve under him, but we need to bring in someone who will put an O in place that protects the QB rather than get the crap beat out of them.

Mr. Session
01-02-2018, 07:57 PM
I agree on Dungy. Not so much on Arians. I'm sure the record would improve under him, but we need to bring in someone who will put an O in place that protects the QB rather than get the crap beat out of them.

It has to be McDaniels.

Get the ball out of Luck's hands and get a coach who can get in his ass and hold him accountable when he wants to be stubborn and choose not too.

If there is a ST or defensive guy out there that is better; We need to make sure we get an OC that can do the same.

Colt Classic
01-02-2018, 08:55 PM
I just read on another team's forum that McDaniels wants GM-level input. Not sure if that can be toned down to "working hand in hand with a GM like Ballard", but that sounds like he'd rather take on a team with no front office in place.

Spike
01-02-2018, 09:11 PM
I just read on another team's forum that McDaniels wants GM-level input. Not sure if that can be toned down to "working hand in hand with a GM like Ballard", but that sounds like he'd rather take on a team with no front office in place.

Well then fuck him, he hasn't earned that right.

YDFL Commish
01-02-2018, 09:42 PM

Yeah, something tells me Ballard will show him the door.

rcubed
01-02-2018, 09:44 PM
No way, that was one of his biggest problems last time. He tried to control too much. Fuck that guy. I think this is a due diligence interview anyway, I still think it will be Toub.

nate505
01-02-2018, 09:45 PM
I'm on the Toub bandwagon myself. He seems like a competent leader who will hire smart coordinators that fit his and Ballard's vision.

I really don't give a fuck about a big name coach. I want the Colts to go the Rams route.

rcubed
01-02-2018, 09:51 PM
In the press conference, ballard said prior HC not required, he wants a teacher to develop players, relationship with GM is vitally important. That all points to toub. They have been working together since their days in chicago. Doyle wrote an article about this. Unless someone comes in and really hits it off with ballard, I would say its toub’s job.

Hoopsdoc
01-02-2018, 09:53 PM
fuck no to both

As much as you hate Dungy, you cannot deny he was a damn good coach. And don’t say it was all Manning-he took the Bucs from all of pro sports laughingstock to the NFC championship game with Shaun freakin King. Then Gruden snaked in after he got fired, won the super bowl, and then proceeded to go straight down into purgatory before HE finally got fired. That Bucs super bowl trophy should have Dungys name on it. He BUILT that team.

Puck
01-02-2018, 09:55 PM
I'm on the Toub bandwagon myself. He seems like a competent leader who will hire smart coordinators that fit his and Ballard's vision.

I really don't give a fuck about a big name coach. I want the Colts to go the Rams route.

I want Nagy or McDaniels. For sure an offensive coach preferably one the will run and call their own offense, not relying on a coordinator to bring a system with them,

Spike
01-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Well, we have less competition since the Bengals just resigned Lewis to a 2 year contract. Bengal fans are committing suicide as we speak.

IndyNorm
01-02-2018, 09:58 PM
It has to be McDaniels.

Get the ball out of Luck's hands and get a coach who can get in his ass and hold him accountable when he wants to be stubborn and choose not too.

If there is a ST or defensive guy out there that is better; We need to make sure we get an OC that can do the same.

I'm hoping it's not him. Not only was he a complete dumpster fire in Denver, but not a single one of Belicheat's assistants have been successful as a HC. I'd rather go with Reich or Nagy if we go OC.

Mr. Session
01-03-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm hoping it's not him. Not only was he a complete dumpster fire in Denver, but not a single one of Belicheat's assistants have been successful as a HC. I'd rather go with Reich or Nagy if we go OC.

I get where you're coming from.

IMO sometimes people have to fail in order to learn. I'm not as intimately familiar with Reich or Nagy's experiences with being head coaches and whether either of them have had the opportunity to fuck up or succeed and gain that experience in that role.

I think a lot of folks see McDaniels and the Pat rage fucks with their ability to view things objectively.

It doesn't really have to be McDaniels for me. I just want a great OC who can and will get in Lucks ass.

DrSpaceman
01-03-2018, 11:37 AM
I get where you're coming from.

IMO sometimes people have to fail in order to learn. I'm not as intimately familiar with Reich or Nagy's experiences with being head coaches and whether either of them have had the opportunity to fuck up or succeed and gain that experience in that role.

I think a lot of folks see McDaniels and the Pat rage fucks with their ability to view things objectively.

It doesn't really have to be McDaniels for me. I just want a great OC who can and will get in Lucks ass.

For me its the fact BB's coaching tree has been overall underwhelming in the NFL.

Including McDaniels in his first stent as HC in Denver.

DrSpaceman
01-03-2018, 11:38 AM

Yeah, exactly. What has he done that thinks some team will give him that power?

He will be staying in NE if that's the case

Dam8610
01-03-2018, 12:18 PM

But he learned from his stint in Denver, right? :rolleyes:

rcubed
01-03-2018, 01:12 PM
But he learned from his stint in Denver, right? :rolleyes:
apparently not!

rcubed
01-03-2018, 01:17 PM
bovada odds:

nagy 3/1
toub 13/4
cap'n comeback 4/1
mcdaniels 6/1
shaw 6/1
reich 10/1
manning 100/1

DrSpaceman
01-03-2018, 03:01 PM
bovada odds:

nagy 3/1
toub 13/4
cap'n comeback 4/1
mcdaniels 6/1
shaw 6/1
reich 10/1
manning 100/1

Surprised Harbaugh is that high.

I would be OK with Nagy, prefer him over Toub.

VeveJones007
01-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Surprised Harbaugh is that high.

I would be OK with Nagy, prefer him over Toub.

Ideal scenario might be getting both. Get Toub as HC and he brings over Nagy as Assistant HC with full power on offensive side of the ball. Nagy might find that appealing considering Reid has a lot of control on the offense in KC.

Puck
01-03-2018, 05:18 PM
Ideal scenario might be getting both. Get Toub as HC and he brings over Nagy as Assistant HC with full power on offensive side of the ball. Nagy might find that appealing considering Reid has a lot of control on the offense in KC.

Chiefs would have to ok that move by Nagy. It is a lateral move

rcubed
01-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Chiefs would have to ok that move by Nagy. It is a lateral move
He is listed at Off. Coord. on their site. Wouldnt an assistant HC position be a step up or not significant enough?

Puck
01-03-2018, 05:44 PM
He is listed at Off. Coord. on their site. Wouldnt an assistant HC position be a step up or not significant enough?

Crazy as it is. Anyone not a HC is an assistant coach. Being a coordinator is the same as a RB coach.

They did this to keep teams from being too crazy with what the name a coaching position. Like linebacker coordinator to keep teams from making up titles to prevent a coach from leaving

So he needs permission to be a ccordinator or get offered HC job to leave

rcubed
01-03-2018, 05:45 PM
Crazy as it is. Anyone not a HC is an assistant coach. Being a coordinator is the same as a RB coach.

They did this to keep teams from being too crazy with what the name a coaching position. Like linebacker coordinator to keep teams from making up titles to prevent a coach from leaving

So he needs permission to be a ccordinator or get offered HC job to leave
interesting. didnt know that.

DrSpaceman
01-03-2018, 06:23 PM

I supposed.......my worry then though would be Nagy being taken from the team in the next few years as a HC for another team.

omahacolt
01-03-2018, 09:29 PM

That wouldn't happen