PDA

View Full Version : Pagano Watch

FatDT
11-12-2017, 06:19 PM
It's bye week time. Can we get rid of this guy this week? Will it be another coach on staff? Or are we just going to ride it out with these clowns all season?

daedge
11-12-2017, 06:19 PM
We will ride it out.

Spike
11-12-2017, 06:20 PM
We will ride it out.

Agree, all the way to a top 5 draft pick.

Puck
11-12-2017, 06:21 PM
It's bye week time. Can we get rid of this guy this week? Will it be another coach on staff? Or are we just going to ride it out with these clowns all season?

Don't think they'll can anyone.... 1sr one to go needs to be Chud. It actually should be Pagfuck but Irsay won't fire him in season. But a scapegoat could be and should be Chud.... if Pagfuck has even the slightest interest in trying to save his job he will need to make a concession and fire someone.

daedge
11-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Yep, Chud is certainly the biggest problem. Crazy to say, but I miss Pep.

omahacolt
11-12-2017, 07:40 PM

You clearly forget pep

Luck4Reich
11-12-2017, 07:42 PM
I would never buy a Pagano Watch... would never keep time because the hands would always be clapping.

Butter
11-12-2017, 07:56 PM

Sure, but that is like saying you prefer the clap to the herp. You really don't want either.

testcase448
11-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Don't think they'll can anyone.... 1sr one to go needs to be Chud. It actually should be Pagfuck but Irsay won't fire him in season. But a scapegoat could be and should be Chud.... if Pagfuck has even the slightest interest in trying to save his job he will need to make a concession and fire someone.

The first should be Irsay

daedge
11-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Sure, but that is like saying you prefer the clap to the herp. You really don't want either.

Dead right. Pep was awful and I couldn't wait to see the back of him. All my post was meant to do was highlight how woeful Chud is.

Butter
11-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Dead right. Pep was awful and I couldn't wait to see the back of him. All my post was meant to do was highlight how woeful Chud is.
I got ya man.

Dewey 5
11-12-2017, 11:13 PM
Pagano is one of the best snake oil salesmen around. He isn't going anywhere.

YDFL Commish
11-12-2017, 11:37 PM
Do I have to?

Indiana V2
11-12-2017, 11:40 PM
Irsay better not keep Pagano beyond this season,but I fear he may, because Jimmy has lost touch with reality when it comes to how far his franchise has fallen,mainly due to Pagano.

daedge
11-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Irsay better not keep Pagano beyond this season,but I fear he may, because Jimmy has lost touch with reality when it comes to how far his franchise has fallen,mainly due to Pagano.

I don't think I, or anyone, can handle another season with that clown.

albany ed
11-13-2017, 08:00 AM
Pagano will not be back.

testcase448
11-13-2017, 08:57 AM

Irsay...

https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2011/06/20/bded9450-a643-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/620x350/a6370835d78e6692858be62d836c8759/cocaine_istock000012118499.jpg

1965southpaw
11-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Pagano will not be back.

I agree completely. I don't understand how anyone can think otherwise. I'd be willing to bet a huge amount of money on that certainty and I rarely bet. He's gone.

DragonTails
11-13-2017, 11:40 AM
I agree completely. I don't understand how anyone can think otherwise.

Seems most were saying the same thing last year - that's how.

Coltsalr
11-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Seems most were saying the same thing last year - that's how.

In 2015 even it was reported as being a virtual certainty.

If only.

FatDT
11-13-2017, 12:53 PM
No one could fathom re-signing Pagano and Grigson but it happened. No one thought Pagano could possibly be back once Grigson was fired but he's still on the sidelines. I will of course be pissed if we do keep him, but I won't be shocked.

1965southpaw
11-13-2017, 01:18 PM
In 2015 even it was reported as being a virtual certainty.

If only.

And it's well understood that if Sagan, Harbaugh, or Gruden had been open to Jimmys back channels overtures Pags would have been out on his ass. The difference between those years and this year is that Irsay has bought into the notion that this is a longer term fix which will require patience. He's already shown that by bringing Ballard in.

Coltsalr
11-13-2017, 01:21 PM
And it's well understood that if Sagan, Harbaugh, or Gruden had been open to Jimmys back channels overtures Pags would have been out on his ass. The difference between those years and this year is that Irsay has bought into the notion that this is a longer term fix which will require patience. He's already shown that by bringing Ballard in.

God, I hope you're right.

The problem that Kravitz has reported is that Irsay is so unpredictable and so given to emotion that I (and I think I speak for several here) am terrified that he might let Pagano again snake oil salesmen him into believing that this year was all about injuries and that we had improvement in some areas and that Pagano is the right guy.

Because of that, none of us are willing to rest easy on this issue until Pagano is officially fired.

1965southpaw
11-13-2017, 01:27 PM

The problem that Kravitz has reported is that Irsay is so unpredictable and so given to emotion that I (and I think I speak for several here) am terrified that he might let Pagano again snake oil salesmen him into believing that this year was all about injuries and that we had improvement in some areas and that Pagano is the right guy.

Because of that, none of us are willing to rest easy on this issue until Pagano is officially fired.

I hear ya and trust me I can't even listen to video of Pags anymore cause it makes my blood boil that he's still here after causing such destruction to the team I love.....but I have faith and if I'm wrong I will be the first on this board to admit the error in my judgement but at this moment I have zero doubt. As for Kravitz I think at this stage in his career he loves that he has become part of every story he covers so I just don't trust his reporting anymore.

Hoopsdoc
11-13-2017, 09:33 PM

We're gonna lose at least 11 games this year. You can bring a guy back after 8-8, even two years in a row. But you can't bring that same guy back if he follows those up with 5-11 or worse.

There's no way Clappy comes back.

If he does, I'll finally agree that Irsay is actually the problem.

Coltsalr
11-13-2017, 09:58 PM
We're gonna lose at least 11 games this year. You can bring a guy back after 8-8, even two years in a row. But you can't bring that same guy back if he follows those up with 5-11 or worse.

There's no way Clappy comes back.

If he does, I'll finally agree that Irsay is actually the problem.

Sadly, our schedule gets REALLY soft from here on out...

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.

Way, way too many potential wins there. 11 losses might be too much. 6-10 or 7-9 would be my guess.

Racehorse
11-13-2017, 10:00 PM

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.
So, we'll go 8-8 again. Sigh.

omahacolt
11-13-2017, 10:16 PM
So, we'll go 8-8 again. Sigh.

Not a chance

nate505
11-13-2017, 10:26 PM
The only reason I was hoping for the Colts to get mudholed was that Irsay might do the right thing and fire him.

DrSpaceman
11-13-2017, 11:50 PM

Way, way too many potential wins there. 11 losses might be too much. 6-10 or 7-9 would be my guess.

Oh Pagano and company will find a way to lead in about 5 of these games and once again blow it in the 4th quarter.

Voosh
11-14-2017, 01:40 AM

I only see three more wins: Buffalo, Denver, and Houston; but who knows this season. I don't think we finish no more than 6-10.

Puck
11-14-2017, 06:21 AM
I only see three more wins: Buffalo, Denver, and Houston; but who knows this season. I don't think we finish no more than 6-10.

We arent beating Denver. Their defense will score 21 on us and will kill Brisset

sherck
11-14-2017, 07:49 AM
A PIT fan at work yesterday said "close game, sorry about the loss" to me as I was walking out for the day.

I told him I got the best of both worlds. I got to see our defense really play a heck of a 1st half game while watching our struggling offense go hit on some really nice long pass plays and effective running in the first half.

AND, we got the loss which is another step closer to pushing our HC out the door and getting us a stud draft position.

I would love for every one of our remaining games to have us leading at halftime by having played a great 1st half and then losing in the end due to taking the foot off the pedal on defense and having our offense go retard/stupid/mental with a complete lack of innovative play design in the 2nd half. That type of game is squarely on the coaching staff and their lack of ability to adjust at halftime and keep doing what was working.

Walk Worthy,

Racehorse
11-14-2017, 08:01 AM
A PIT fan at work yesterday said "close game, sorry about the loss" to me as I was walking out for the day.

I told him I got the best of both worlds. I got to see our defense really play a heck of a 1st half game while watching our struggling offense go hit on some really nice long pass plays and effective running in the first half.

AND, we got the loss which is another step closer to pushing our HC out the door and getting us a stud draft position.

I would love for every one of our remaining games to have us leading at halftime by having played a great 1st half and then losing in the end due to taking the foot off the pedal on defense and having our offense go retard/stupid/mental with a complete lack of innovative play design in the 2nd half. That type of game is squarely on the coaching staff and their lack of ability to adjust at halftime and keep doing what was working.

Walk Worthy,

No, it is on the players.

-Dam

apballin
11-15-2017, 12:04 AM

Walk Worthy,

Or could it be teams make adjustments and crank up the intensity

I'm starting to think we're getting jabs from opposing teams defense in the 1st half then in the 2nd they go for the kill

njcoltfan
11-15-2017, 07:06 AM

I'm starting to think we're getting jabs from opposing teams defense in the 1st half then in the 2nd they go for the kill

Ya think ? Thats what we call " half time adjustments", something that is foreign to the Colts " coaching staff".

ChoppedWood
11-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Ya think ? Thats what we call " half time adjustments", something that is foreign to the Colts " coaching staff".

It's not fair that they do those things! It's just not fair- our coaches don't do that to other teams so why should they be allowed to do something so mean? We need Polian back on the competition committee to be an advocate for no halftime adjustments because it's not nice to do that.

testcase448
11-15-2017, 11:39 AM

As is talent on the field

HoosierinFL
11-15-2017, 12:12 PM

exactly. those jobs are basically them testing out what is working, what isn't, how the defense is reacting to certain plays and formations, and then once they study it at halftime, they come out and start gashing the defense

nate505
11-15-2017, 11:54 PM

I still won't believe it until I see it. If Irsay wanted to do the right thing, he would have followed the Rams' example and hired someone competent instead of keeping his own version of Jeff Fisher.

testcase448
11-16-2017, 10:47 AM

I'd say they're still laughing at us when the game starts, then buckle down at halftime

Brylok
11-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Somebody should put the <still_waiting.jpg> meme in this thread. Not me, but somebody.

Racehorse
11-16-2017, 06:38 PM
https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/15/16642018/the-colts-must-make-a-coaching-change-over-the-bye-week

Just going to leave this here.

In theory, if the Colts want to win a game, they need to have at least a 17-point 1st half lead. This embarrassing stat reflects poorly on the coaching staff. A stat like this should be all the ammunition an owner and general manager needs to fire a head coach but this isn’t the only reason to make the change.

rcubed
11-16-2017, 06:41 PM
I like this one:

Here’s the breakdown of raw points in progression through each quarter (Points Earned vs Points Allowed):

1st (Even) | 2nd (+15) | 3rd (+6) | 4th (-44)

Dam8610
11-16-2017, 07:22 PM
https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/15/16642018/the-colts-must-make-a-coaching-change-over-the-bye-week

Just going to leave this here.

That's not a statistic. That's the author's supposition. Why is he referencing it as a statistic?

Racehorse
11-16-2017, 07:46 PM
That's not a statistic. That's the author's supposition. Why is he referencing it as a statistic?

You didn't even read the article. No wonder you are so off on what good coaches look like.

Dam8610
11-16-2017, 08:12 PM
You didn't even read the article. No wonder you are so off on what good coaches look like.

Yes, I did, but that's irrelevant. In or out of context, the conjecture that the author cites as a statistic in the snippet you quoted from the article is not, and cannot be, a statistic. Statistics are based on data, which are factual points of reference. The sentence which contains the "stat" he references begins with "In theory", which implies a hypothetical scenario. That can't produce a statistic, by the definitions of statistic and data.

To give another example, I could say that I believe Andrew Luck will be the 2018 NFL MVP, throw for over 5,000 yards and 50 TDs with a 10:1 or better TD:INT ratio, and lead the Colts to a 15-1 record and their second championship in Indianapolis. I cannot, however, say that any of that is a statistic, because it is also conjecture.

YDFL Commish
11-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Yes, I did, but that's irrelevant. In or out of context, the conjecture that the author cites as a statistic in the snippet you quoted from the article is not, and cannot be, a statistic. Statistics are based on data, which are factual points of reference. The sentence which contains the "stat" he references begins with "In theory", which implies a hypothetical scenario. That can't produce a statistic, by the definitions of statistic and data.

To give another example, I could say that I believe Andrew Luck will be the 2018 NFL MVP, throw for over 5,000 yards and 50 TDs with a 10:1 or better TD:INT ratio, and lead the Colts to a 15-1 record and their second championship in Indianapolis. I cannot, however, say that any of that is a statistic, because it is also conjecture.

You don't actually watch football do you?

Racehorse
11-16-2017, 09:42 PM

Here are some stats from the article, which you clearly did not read:

The Colts were 24-2 from 2012 to 2014 when leading at the half. From 2015 to the first 10 games of the 2017 season, the Colts are 13-10. The Colts have a -43 point differential in the Pagano era.

The Colts have been abysmal at closing out games in 2017. The Colts have been outscored 171-61 in the 2nd half of games this season, including 110-28 in the 4th quarter.

The Colts have held the halftime lead in 8 games this season and in the two games they did not hold the lead, they lost by a combined 64 points. The Colts are 3-5 when holding the halftime lead, which means that the Colts are more likely to lose when leading at the half.

ChoppedWood
11-16-2017, 11:10 PM

That fucker Grigson only signed guys that play 3 qtrs of football- but he fucking paid them like they played 4! Stupid Grigson, if he gave Chuck guys that played 4 quarters of football, we would be undefeated right now.

Go team Pagano!

Dam8610
11-17-2017, 04:29 AM

None of those statistics makes the author's conjecture that he cited as a statistic anything more than conjecture.

Dam8610
11-17-2017, 05:01 AM
That fucker Grigson only signed guys that play 3 qtrs of football- but he fucking paid them like they played 4! Stupid Grigson, if he gave Chuck guys that played 4 quarters of football, we would be undefeated right now.

Go team Pagano!

Eh, most of the close games the team has lost have been a result of a costly turnover at the wrong time from our young developing QB. I'd call it growing pains more than anything, which is exactly what you'd expect from a team that needed a great deal of its roster overhauled.

Racehorse
11-17-2017, 07:55 AM
None of those statistics makes the author's conjecture that he cited as a statistic anything more than conjecture.

Stats are relevant? I never knew. What data would you accept as evidence? A proclamation from God?

dwilli57
11-17-2017, 11:47 AM
I like this one:

Here’s the breakdown of raw points in progression through each quarter (Points Earned vs Points Allowed):

1st (Even) | 2nd (+15) | 3rd (+6) | 4th (-44)

If I worked for this organization and didn't care about having a job tomorrow I'd tape this post to the office doors of Irsay (not that he can read), Ballard and Pagano (not that he can read).

rcubed
11-17-2017, 01:04 PM
You are correct in that the author should not have used the word 'stat' in that sentence.

But man, you hold on to and argue the most inane points.

You arent even arguing what he was trying to say, you are just arguing about a word.

smitty46953
11-17-2017, 06:20 PM
You are correct in that the author should not have used the word 'stat' in that sentence.

But man, you hold on to and argue the most inane points.

You arent even arguing what he was trying to say, you are just arguing about a word.

He loves to argue, proved him wrong once in old days when I gave a shit and he never posted in that thread again. Often seen arguing with inanimate objects such as stop signs etc ... :cool:

Butter
11-17-2017, 09:08 PM
He loves to argue, proved him wrong once in old days when I gave a shit and he never posted in that thread again. Often seen arguing with inanimate objects such as stop signs etc ... :cool:

He is best tuned out, too bad always felt like he was intelligent and had a lot to offer, but with all this Pagano shit he has proven that wrong. Best ignored.

omahacolt
11-17-2017, 09:45 PM
He is best tuned out, too bad always felt like he was intelligent and had a lot to offer, but with all this Pagano shit he has proven that wrong. Best ignored.

Pretty much has zero credibility. Too much of a pussy to admit he was wrong

YDFL Commish
11-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Eh, most of the close games the team has lost have been a result of a costly turnover at the wrong time from our young developing QB. I'd call it growing pains more than anything, which is exactly what you'd expect from a team that needed a great deal of its roster overhauled.

ChoppedWood
11-18-2017, 08:34 AM

There's been some talk that we are going to evolve to a viewing experience where you will be able to assign your viewing preference to specific players where a camera will basically ISO them for you in a corner of the screen in a split screen / red zone type experience (for a premium price of course) (Thursday night's telecast with the whole game in "sky view" was one of the first steps in this regard- which I hated by the way).

Imagine if you will a sort of DraftKings roster display where fans get to pick the player they want their game focused on. You'd have a list that would start at the top with:

Brady= 457,638 Total viewers / 387,653 MA / 28,265 NY, 13,543 CA...etc
Rodgers= 398,543 Total viewers / 298,435 WI / 64,342 MN / 23,459 IL...etc
Brown= 287,543 Total viewers / 267,543 PA / 16,543 WV...etc
and on down the list of star players in the NFL who make the game fun to watch...

You could then scroll to the bottom...At the very bottom of the list...
Pagano= 1 / 1 IN

...and there every week would reside Dam with his custom ordered Colts stitched jersey with the number of 1 and "Pagano" proudly displayed on the back cheering at full throat every time there was a clapping session and coming out of his seat with each and every challenge flag thrown! I suspect bodily fluid tissue moments would ensue each time there was a mysteriously ill timed time out called and his custom camera focused on Chuck calling the ref's over to discuss if it was a shooting foul or if it was called on the floor...

indycolts2
11-18-2017, 05:50 PM

Meh......not so much, they contributed but not anywhere near as much as the lack of 2nd half adjustments/coaching that this team continues to be plagued by. Perfect example is that no Colts fan was comfortable after taking 17 - 3 lead against Steelers. Almost as if we all knew there wasn't going to be another score by the Colts with 27 minutes left in the game. I think it was something like 19 plays and about 35 yards after the Rogers score. Seriously....how does that happen? Coaching is the answer plain and simple.

Brylok
11-18-2017, 06:14 PM
Meh......not so much, they contributed but not anywhere near as much as the lack of 2nd half adjustments/coaching that this team continues to be plagued by. Perfect example is that no Colts fan was comfortable after taking 17 - 3 lead against Steelers. Almost as if we all knew there wasn't going to be another score by the Colts with 27 minutes left in the game. I think it was something like 19 plays and about 35 yards after the Rogers score. Seriously....how does that happen? Coaching is the answer plain and simple.
Add to that: the Steelers were still asleep coming in off the by week, and they haven't been great on the road. Anyone thinking the Colts would have faired better than TEN did in Thursday night's demolition should be taken with a grain of salt.

Dam8610
11-18-2017, 08:33 PM

19 plays, 35 yards, and that's on coaching to you?

Racehorse
11-18-2017, 08:34 PM

If we have to explain it to you,then you are not too bright.

Luck4Reich
11-18-2017, 08:45 PM

Nope!

Blame it on the rain.

Milli Vanilli

Luck4Reich
11-18-2017, 08:46 PM
If we have to explain it to you,then you are not too bright.

The common sense door shut a long time ago with this one.

VeveJones007
11-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Pagano told reporters today that his favorite Thanksgiving dish is spaghetti and meatballs. What kind of sick twisted human being gives that answer?

smitty46953
11-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Pagano told reporters today that his favorite Thanksgiving dish is spaghetti and meatballs. What kind of sick twisted human being gives that answer?

An Italian ??? :cool:

Luck4Reich
11-22-2017, 08:04 PM
An Italian ??? :cool:

An Italian that cant coach.