PDA

View Full Version : Predicting Every NFL Team's 2020 Quarterback (Dan Graziano)

Colts And Orioles
11-10-2017, 03:11 PM
o

Dan Graziano has broken up the NFL 32 teams into 3 different categories ......... "Teams With No Plan", "Teams With a Plan", and "Teams With a Good Plan".

Graziano has the Colts as a "Team with a Good Plan", predicting a surprise run to the 2018 season Super Bowl which will rejuvenate Andrew Luck's early-career hype.

Granted that most Colts fans will probably get a chuckle out of this article (particularly in regard to Graziano's proclamation about the 2018 Colts), but it could be interesting to look back at this 3 years from now to see what Graziano's hits and misses were.

Predicting Every NFL Team's 2020 QB

(By Dan Graziano)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21170326/predicting-every-nfl-team-2020-qb

o

1965southpaw
11-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Hmmm....so we send Jacoby to Carolina. I hope we got something good for him.

Dam8610
11-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Head Coach Josh McDaniels...Super Bowl favorites... tells me all I need to know about the credibility of this article.

omahacolt
11-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Head Coach Josh McDaniels...Super Bowl favorites... tells me all I need to know about the credibility of this article.

you like head coach chuck pagano

spare me your opinions on coaches

Dam8610
11-11-2017, 12:06 PM
you like head coach chuck pagano

spare me your opinions on coaches

At least Pagano has had a period of success. Josh McDaniels's 2009 is the textbook for "How to Crash and Burn as a Head Coach".

YDFL Commish
11-11-2017, 01:42 PM
At least Pagano has had a period of success. Josh McDaniels's 2009 is the textbook for "How to Crash and Burn as a Head Coach".

And Belichick was pretty much a disaster in Cleveland.

I'm not a proponent of McDaniels by any means. But that was almost 10 years ago and perhaps he will be a much HC the 2nd time around.

Pagano has had 6 years of on the job training and he's still shitting all over himself.

Coltsalr
11-11-2017, 01:53 PM

I'm not a proponent of McDaniels by any means. But that was almost 10 years ago and perhaps he will be a much HC the 2nd time around.

Pagano has had 6 years of on the job training and he's still shitting all over himself.

Definitely sounds like he’s prepared to change his ways if given a second chance:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666428-the-redemption-of-josh-mcdaniels-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

Racehorse
11-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Definitely sounds like he’s prepared to change his ways if given a second chance:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666428-the-redemption-of-josh-mcdaniels-failure-taught-pats-oc-how-to-pick-his-spots

That is one old article. Do you just keep all the Pats articles somewhere close in case you need one?

Dam8610
11-11-2017, 04:02 PM

You're willing to give the train wreck that was Josh McDaniels a second chance, but Pagano, who has actually had some level of success as a NFL head coach, is a lost cause to you? That says a lot about your biases.

omahacolt
11-11-2017, 04:51 PM
That is one old article. Do you just keep all the Pats articles somewhere close in case you need one?

Of course he does

Coltsalr
11-11-2017, 05:26 PM

Of course he does

Do you two still circle jerk each other to Grigson?

How's he working out in Cleveland?

YDFL Commish
11-11-2017, 05:38 PM
You're willing to give the train wreck that was Josh McDaniels a second chance, but Pagano, who has actually had some level of success as a NFL head coach, is a lost cause to you? That says a lot about your biases.

Apparently you didn't read the article.

WTF are you talking about "bias"? Where is the bias in admitting that Pagano is possibly the worst NFL coach since Rich Kotite. Kotite had success as well, 10-6 and 11-5 in his first 2 seasons.

So you probably think Kotite was a good coach as well?

Pagano will never be a NFL head coach again after this season. McDaniels on the other hand will be a NFL head coach again, and my bet is he'll be successful if he gets a gig with the right franchise.

omahacolt
11-11-2017, 05:52 PM

that wouldn't really constitute a circle jerk. you need at least 3 people. preferably 5

and i have no idea what grigson does in cleveland

Dam8610
11-11-2017, 06:02 PM
Apparently you didn't read the article.

WTF are you talking about "bias"? Where is the bias in admitting that Pagano is possibly the worst NFL coach since Rich Kotite. Kotite had success as well, 10-6 and 11-5 in his first 2 seasons.

So you probably think Kotite was a good coach as well?

Pagano will never be a NFL head coach again after this season. McDaniels on the other hand will be a NFL head coach again, and my bet is he'll be successful if he gets a gig with the right franchise.

Coach A: 54-39

Coach B: 40-56

Coach C: 11-17

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same. Can you tell which thing is not like the others, or are you too blinded by your biases?

Racehorse
11-11-2017, 07:07 PM

Aw, are you butthurt? Learn to take a joke, son.

Racehorse
11-11-2017, 07:11 PM

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn't the same. Can you tell which thing is not like the others, or are you too blinded by your biases?
Record matters very little. SB wins and playoff wins do, to some degree. John Fox won one on the backs of an assembly of great defensive talent. I would not argue that he is great. Would you?

Coltsalr
11-11-2017, 07:18 PM
Aw, are you butthurt? Learn to take a joke, son.

Thought I was just going along with it.

But I suppose previous support of Grigson is no laughing matter and something that cannot be brought up in polite to company. Mea culpa.

YDFL Commish
11-11-2017, 08:20 PM

Please explain to me my biases.

Everyone but you seems to understand that Pagano's W/L record is direct result of the greatness of Andrew Luck.

This season is the perfect barometer of his coaching ability. So a 3-6 coach is what he is.

Racehorse
11-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Thought I was just going along with it.

But I suppose previous support of Grigson is no laughing matter and something that cannot be brought up in polite to company. Mea culpa.

Nope. You are backtracking now. Should I call you Dam?

FatDT
11-11-2017, 09:51 PM
I unapologetically support bringing in McDaniels as our next HC.

Mr. Session
11-11-2017, 10:22 PM

The guy's offense is fucking good. I really don't get the disrespect.

For all of those clamoring that Luck needs an offensive coach that can legitimately hold him accountable, this is probably the fucking guy.

Coltsalr
11-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Nope. You are backtracking now. Should I call you Dam?

I don’t see why you would, you’re the only acting like Dam right now.

If you want to masturbate to Grigson, please do so in private so that you won’t get mocked for it as you are right now.

Coltsalr
11-11-2017, 11:10 PM
The guy's offense is fucking good. I really don't get the disrespect.

For all of those clamoring that Luck needs an offensive coach that can legitimately hold him accountable, this is probably the fucking guy.

Probably, but to play devil’s advocate and to contradict myself totally...

I’ve long felt that he’d get a bunch out of talented skill players that we have that guys like Chud/Pep couldn’t.

And yet, Dorsett and Allen have gotten WORSE in New England. Way, way worse. You’d think with their schemes they’d be able to utilize both guys very well. Obviously they’re limited as we’re aware, but they also have both skill sets that would make them potentially mismatches and yet McDaniels can’t do shit with them...

I’m not completely sold either way. Yes, he’d be better than Pagano but so would the cotton candy guy at LOS. I guess just now I might not be as completely sold on his hire as I would’ve been this past year.

Racehorse
11-12-2017, 09:17 AM
I don’t see why you would, you’re the only acting like Dam right now.

If you want to masturbate to Grigson, please do so in private so that you won’t get mocked for it as you are right now.

No, Dam would continue to bring up the dead. I am fully on board with Ballard. You seem to be the one obsessed with Grigson.

Mr. Session
11-12-2017, 11:16 AM

I’ve long felt that he’d get a bunch out of talented skill players that we have that guys like Chud/Pep couldn’t.

And yet, Dorsett and Allen have gotten WORSE in New England. Way, way worse. You’d think with their schemes they’d be able to utilize both guys very well. Obviously they’re limited as we’re aware, but they also have both skill sets that would make them potentially mismatches and yet McDaniels can’t do shit with them...

I’m not completely sold either way. Yes, he’d be better than Pagano but so would the cotton candy guy at LOS. I guess just now I might not be as completely sold on his hire as I would’ve been this past year.

I don't think Dorsett was that good to begin with and Allen has proven to be a poor man's Martellus Bennett anyway.

I think it takes more than raw physical talent to succeed in New England's offensive scheme, like the three white boys they have up there playing WR.

Dorsett can't beat any of those guys out because he is not tough, he doesn't play as smart, and he is not as much of a football player.

Maybe there's a better offensive guy out there that could effectively develop Luck? If there is I don't know who he is.

IndyNorm
11-12-2017, 11:37 AM

Everyone but you seems to understand that Pagano's W/L record is direct result of the greatness of Andrew Luck, whose career may be over now due to a big part of Clappy and his staffs' incompetence.

This season is the perfect barometer of his coaching ability. So a 3-6 coach is what he is.

Added some clarity for Dam.

Thorgrim
11-12-2017, 02:00 PM

They have cotton candy at LOS? I was looking for a reason to fly out for a colts game this year. Thanks!

Oldcolt
11-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Pagano is shit.

DrSpaceman
11-12-2017, 05:46 PM
What NE assistant coach has gone on to real sustained success in the NFL?

No to McDaniels.

Coltsalr
11-12-2017, 06:09 PM
What NE assistant coach has gone on to real sustained success in the NFL?

No to McDaniels.

Bill O’Brien has done okay.

Dam8610
11-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Record matters very little. SB wins and playoff wins do, to some degree. John Fox won one on the backs of an assembly of great defensive talent. I would not argue that he is great. Would you?

Your first statement is as accurate as your second. When you can get facts right, then maybe we can talk opinions.

Everyone but you seems to understand that Pagano's W/L record is direct result of the greatness of Andrew Luck.

No one consistently wins in the NFL without a franchise QB. In other news, water is wet. Your bias is the same confirmation bias (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/science-choice/201504/what-is-confirmation-bias) most of you here seem to have regarding Pagano.

Why do you unapologetically support wasting several more years of Andrew Luck's career?

Added some clarity for Dam.

There's no "clarity" there, only unsupported and baseless speculation. No doctor that has evaluated Andrew Luck has made any sort of suggestion that a possibility of his career being over exists. I'll take their opinions over D'Qwell Jackson's "expert" medical opinion.

FatDT
11-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Why do you unapologetically support wasting several more years of Andrew Luck's career?

Because you touch yourself at night.

DrSpaceman
11-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Bill O’Brien has done okay.

30-27 in his tenure so far in Houston with one wild card playoff win

Yes, that typifies the description of "OK".

YDFL Commish
11-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Your first statement is as accurate as your second. When you can get facts right, then maybe we can talk opinions.

No one consistently wins in the NFL without a franchise QB. In other news, water is wet. Your bias is the same confirmation bias (https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/science-choice/201504/what-is-confirmation-bias) most of you here seem to have regarding Pagano.

There's no "clarity" there, only unsupported and baseless speculation. No doctor that has evaluated Andrew Luck has made any sort of suggestion that a possibility of his career being over exists. I'll take their opinions over D'Qwell Jackson's "expert" medical opinion.

3-7

Racehorse
11-13-2017, 06:40 PM
3-7

Even worse is that is the fact that the talent is there to compete, but we have lost 5 close games due to inept coaching. With an average coach, we are 6-4 or 7-3, even without Luck.

omahacolt
11-13-2017, 07:00 PM
dam still defending pagano

has this board seen anything so sad and pathetic

FatDT
11-13-2017, 07:18 PM

The answer is no.

Racehorse
11-13-2017, 08:05 PM

Maybe Tom Simpson, but he eventually went away and stopped with taking his stance.

IndyNorm
11-13-2017, 08:35 PM

Who cares what D'Qwell Jackson says, but the fact that Luck is in another continent getting his shoulder worked on tells you all you need to know about the doctors who have evaluated him. And if he does come back good as new it means that Clappy and his clowns have had a huge hand in wasting at least 3 years of Luck's prime.

omahacolt
11-13-2017, 09:08 PM
Who cares what D'Qwell Jackson says, but the fact that Luck is in another continent getting his shoulder worked on tells you all you need to know about the doctors who have evaluated him. And if he does come back good as new it means that Clappy and his clowns have had a huge hand in wasting at least 3 years of Luck's prime.

Manning did the same thing.

Dam8610
11-14-2017, 08:45 AM
Even worse is that is the fact that the talent is there to compete, but we have lost 5 close games due to inept coaching. With an average coach, we are 6-4 or 7-3, even without Luck.

The Colts are 3-3 in games decided by 7 points or less, which is exactly NFL average in that category. By your theory, an "average" coach would have this team at 3-7. It would take an extremely above average NFL head coach (one who would be 6-0 in said games) to have this team at 6-4.

DrSpaceman
11-14-2017, 09:17 AM
The Colts are 3-3 in games decided by 7 points or less, which is exactly NFL average in that category. By your theory, an "average" coach would have this team at 3-7. It would take an extremely above average NFL head coach (one who would be 6-0 in said games) to have this team at 6-4.

Except they were leading in almost all those games, many by double digits, and most coaches would not blow a double digit lead on a consistent basis like this.

testcase448
11-14-2017, 02:37 PM
Except they were leading in almost all those games, many by double digits, and most coaches would not blow a double digit lead on a consistent basis like this.

Sometimes energy and luck ( gets you a lead, then talent wins out

Dam8610
11-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Sometimes energy and luck ( gets you a lead, then talent wins out

An offense that disappears for quarters at a time and gives up crucial possessions and sometimes points in the latter stages of games doesn't help matters either. But no one seems to want to acknowledge that the offense is very young overall and going through growing pains while the defense is average at best art its most crucial position, which causes them to get beat, especially when they have to be on the field for huge chunks of quarters and halves.

Racehorse
11-14-2017, 06:32 PM

Don't give me that garbage. The Colts have led by two scores going into the fourth quarter and lost what seems like every game except the two Pagano could not get us ready for. Pagano is trash and the sooner you realize it, the sooner you will feel like you are not a pariah.

Dam8610
11-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Don't give me that garbage. The Colts have led by two scores going into the fourth quarter and lost what seems like every game except the two Pagano could not get us ready for. Pagano is trash and the sooner you realize it, the sooner you will feel like you are not a pariah.

Pariah? This is a message board, I would never take it that seriously. I'm also not kow-towing to a baseless opinion just because the majority of you hold it.

Racehorse
11-14-2017, 09:33 PM
Pariah? This is a message board, I would never take it that seriously. I'm also not kow-towing to a baseless opinion just because the majority of you hold it.

The majority of knowledgeable football fans and commentators, to be honest.

rcubed
11-15-2017, 12:50 AM
I get that you disagree, but I would not call our general opinion baseless, there’s plenty of material to back up that opinion

testcase448
11-15-2017, 11:44 AM
An offense that disappears for quarters at a time and gives up crucial possessions and sometimes points in the latter stages of games doesn't help matters either. But no one seems to want to acknowledge that the offense is very young overall and going through growing pains while the defense is average at best art its most crucial position, which causes them to get beat, especially when they have to be on the field for huge chunks of quarters and halves.

The young offensive "talent" is scarce. Young yes, talent not so much...

Dam8610
11-15-2017, 12:31 PM
I get that you disagree, but I would not call our general opinion baseless, there’s plenty of material to back up that opinion

I've seen it all, none of it is very convincing. It also doesn't help that the group position changes based on convenience to make Pagano the one who's at fault no matter what.

Dam8610
11-15-2017, 12:33 PM
The young offensive "talent" is scarce. Young yes, talent not so much...

The Colts have some young talent on offense. QB, RB, and WR, mostly. Kelly seems solid as well when healthy.

DrSpaceman
11-15-2017, 06:19 PM
If they would use Mack correctly you would see more of the offensive talent.

They finally played Rogers last week and benched Clay Aiken and we saw what he can do.

DrSpaceman
11-15-2017, 06:22 PM
Name one local or national journalist or media member who has defended Pagano this year or has come out and stated they believe he can still coach this team?

Its not just a majority opinion. Its EVERYONE'S opinion except you and Jim Irsay.

Dam8610
11-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Name one local or national journalist or media member who has defended Pagano this year or has come out and stated they believe he can still coach this team?

Its not just a majority opinion. Its EVERYONE'S opinion except you and Jim Irsay.

Why would I care what the media thinks?

Puck
11-15-2017, 07:04 PM
If they would use Mack correctly you would see more of the offensive talent.

They finally played Rogers last week and benched Clay Aiken and we saw what he can do.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see much from Mack as an every down back. He is a change of pace guy. Not a 3 down guy. But I agree they need to design some plays with him and gore in at the same time. But no way is he ready to take over for Gore.

I think Gore is extremely underrated with this fan base. That guy is a beast

And becoming one of my favorite colts ever

Dam8610
11-15-2017, 07:16 PM
Maybe it's just me but I don't see much from Mack as an every down back. He is a change of pace guy. Not a 3 down guy. But I agree they need to design some plays with him and gore in at the same time. But no way is he ready to take over for Gore.

What about Mack makes you think he's not a 3 down back? He's good at all 3 components the role requires (running, receiving, blocking), he just hasn't been given the opportunity yet.

Racehorse
11-15-2017, 07:23 PM
What about Mack makes you think he's not a 3 down back? He's good at all 3 components the role requires (running, receiving, blocking), he just hasn't been given the opportunity yet.

Why do you think he isn't getting the opportunity?

YDFL Commish
11-15-2017, 08:02 PM

It must be Ryan Grigson. Damn Him!

Dam8610
11-15-2017, 08:13 PM

Probably because he is a rookie and coaches in general tend to prefer veterans. Mack not getting as many opportunities as I'd like is one of my biggest frustrations with the current coaching staff, but not one that I think would be much different under most coaching staffs.

Puck
11-15-2017, 08:23 PM

Because he goes down way to easy.... most of the time when he gets hit the play is over. How many yards has he lost due to no being able to break a tackle. Gore does it constantly. Switch to Mack he goes down like Omahas mom

Racehorse
11-15-2017, 09:43 PM
probably because he is a rookie and coaches in general tend to prefer veterans. Mack not getting as many opportunities as i'd like is one of my biggest frustrations with the current coaching staff, but not one that i think would be much different under most coaching staffs.

hahahahaha!

Luck4Reich
11-15-2017, 09:58 PM
Probably because he is a rookie and coaches in general tend to prefer veterans. Mack not getting as many opportunities as I'd like is one of my biggest frustrations with the current coaching staff, but not one that I think would be much different under most coaching staffs.

Yeah that makes sense, and Rosie O’Donnell is the sexiest bitch on the planet.:rolleyes:

YDFL Commish
11-16-2017, 09:32 AM
Because he goes down way to easy.... most of the time when he gets hit the play is over. How many yards has he lost due to no being able to break a tackle. Gore does it constantly. Switch to Mack he goes down like Omahas mom

To be fair, Mack was pretty good at breaking tackles last Sunday.

Mr. Session
11-16-2017, 10:25 AM
To be fair, Mack was pretty good at breaking tackles last Sunday.

I think he's got a nice stiff arm.

He is a skinny dude, but he pops that jab out there fast enough to put dudes off balance, and his speed/acceleration does the rest.

A year or two of lifting and gaining some weight, who knows?

testcase448
11-16-2017, 10:51 AM
The Colts have some young talent on offense. QB, RB, and WR, mostly. Kelly seems solid as well when healthy.

Kelly, I agree, Jacoby is a good BU QB that might develope yes.
TY is a good WR2
I like Jack Doyle
Mack is OK..

Pretty thin pickings

DrSpaceman
11-16-2017, 11:11 AM

I think Gore is completely overrated the last few years and has been a very average back for the team. He has not been bad, its just he has not done anything special.

I know the line has not been good, but even so, he has been very average.

And no I don't think Mack is necessarily an every down back, but I do think he would be a great 3rd down back, good catches passes of the backfield if they used him that way, and certainly a good change of pace outside runner.

DrSpaceman
11-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Why would I care what the media thinks?

OK.......just name ONE PERSON PERIOD, that is not whacked out on drugs (in other words, not Irsay) and not related to Pagano, you can point to that shares your opinion that Pagano deserves another chance with this team and that feels with better players he would be a success?

DrSpaceman
11-16-2017, 11:15 AM

I have never had that impression with Mack

Most of the plays he loses yardage on he just has no chance at all because or poor blocking.

Its one thing to beat one guy and break a tackle. When you have two or three in the backfield right as the play is starting, you don't have much of a chance

And he did recently reverse field for a nice gain on a play where the original design went right, he stopped and went back left.

FatDT
11-16-2017, 01:02 PM
I think it is pretty difficult to assess a RB's capabilities with the team as-is. Our offensive system, and specifically our approach to running the ball, doesn't seem terribly cohesive. Do we like power running? Do we play matchups? Do we utilize play action so pass and run set each other up effectively? Or do we try to do all of that and more, at the wrong times and poorly?

1965southpaw
11-16-2017, 02:15 PM
I think it is pretty difficult to assess a RB's capabilities with the team as-is. Our offensive system, and specifically our approach to running the ball, doesn't seem terribly cohesive. Do we like power running? Do we play matchups? Do we utilize play action so pass and run set each other up effectively? Or do we try to do all of that and more, at the wrong times and poorly?

I think it's tough to assess any of our offensive talent with this scheme and with the weakness of the coaching. I was convinced we need to dump Moncrief after this season and I'm still pretty much there but Venturi made a compelling case on JMV yesterday that we really haven't put him in a situation to see what he's capable of.......I wouldn't support signing him to a big payday but if he and his agent were willing to sign a modest contract...maybe shorter term with performance incentives I wouldn't be opposed. Probably won't happen.....someone will sign him for bigger money and the smart play for him is to take the money and run, but it's really a shame we seem content to squander talent (limited as it may be) because we seem unwilling to fit our scheme to the best fit for the talent we have. Situational football (which Bellicheat excels at) vs. We just do what we do (which Clappy mcWoodchopper fails at).

Puck
11-16-2017, 07:04 PM
I have never had that impression with Mack

Most of the plays he loses yardage on he just has no chance at all because or poor blocking.

Its one thing to beat one guy and break a tackle. When you have two or three in the backfield right as the play is starting, you don't have much of a chance

And he did recently reverse field for a nice gain on a play where the original design went right, he stopped and went back left.

Same line as Gore.... Gore gets hit and gains yards. Mack doesn't. I agree he is a big play threat. And what GBB has said about the way defenses play him vs Gore is different. If that in fact is the case then you have to keep playing Gore more snaps because it works. Wow possible good coaching there.

Yes he has a good yards per carry average but it is elevated due to his big plays.

Look at his stats. Most of his yards are from one play per game so that one play exaggerates his yes/carry....the rest of the time he is a below average RB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139605/marlon-mack

Other than the SF game he has not been good at all

Look at the stats and take the one big run out of the Rams Tenn Jac and Houston games and he is averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry.

I don't know. I just don't see the hype yet

I'd take Gore every day over Mack

Mr. Session
11-16-2017, 07:18 PM
I agree. Mack has to continue to be our change of pace guy.

I think they need to be more creative about how they get him the ball to help accentuate his talents, but that can't mean just taking out Gore and plugging in Mack and running the same stuff. Get him more touches but do it smart, don't ask him to be Frank.

I have never seen a Colt RB get to the LOS and attack holes like Gore. It's been a while since James, so maybe I just don't remember. I've seen guys look like they have Gore in the gap, absolutely dead to rights, and Gore's move will be so fast and decisive he almost always gets back to the LOS.

Racehorse
11-16-2017, 07:55 PM
I am not as down on our line as many of you are. I think that if we were not so predictable with the pays we cal, the defense would not know exactly when to blitz and when to stack the box. The pay-calling puts the line in an impossible situation. That said, it would not upset me at all if we picked a stud OT to add to the roster, but LBs are more critical of a need, plus better coaching that would give the line an opportunity to do what it needs to do. Offensive lines in the league are all pretty poor in today's league.

Dam8610
11-16-2017, 08:15 PM
Offensive lines in the league are all pretty poor in today's league.

Except Dallas.

IndyNorm
11-16-2017, 08:43 PM

Do you honestly believe that the play calling has nothing to do with the offense disappearing for quarters at a time?

IndyNorm
11-16-2017, 08:47 PM
Manning did the same thing.

True, but Peyton was close to the end of his career and coming off like 3 neck surgeries. Luck is still in his 20s and (supposedly) had routine shoulder surgery. Hope whatever he's doing over there works out, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Mr. Session
11-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Except Dallas.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kpSc4u0jOlNg0IRnGb7GDWXqwsU=/0x0:474x288/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:474x288):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9685671/clayclosesack3.gif

I'm starting to wonder how important Tyron Smith is for the boys.

I heard Dallas didn't schemed 0 runs to the left during his absence.

- unrelated but I got some cowboy fans who like to gas up Prescott and act like he's better than Luck. Watching Prescott get smacked around because Zeke wasn't giving him 3rd and shorts to convert was almost comical.

Spike
11-16-2017, 09:32 PM
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/kpSc4u0jOlNg0IRnGb7GDWXqwsU=/0x0:474x288/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:474x288):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9685671/clayclosesack3.gif

I'm starting to wonder how important Tyron Smith is for the boys.

I heard Dallas didn't schemed 0 runs to the left during his absence.

- unrelated but I got some cowboy fans who like to gas up Prescott and act like he's better than Luck. Watching Prescott get smacked around because Zeke wasn't giving him 3rd and shorts to convert was almost comical.

To me, Tyron Smith is more important than Elliott and Sean Lee. Dak can't do shit without him.

DrSpaceman
11-16-2017, 09:45 PM
Same line as Gore.... Gore gets hit and gains yards. Mack doesn't. I agree he is a big play threat. And what GBB has said about the way defenses play him vs Gore is different. If that in fact is the case then you have to keep playing Gore more snaps because it works. Wow possible good coaching there.

Yes he has a good yards per carry average but it is elevated due to his big plays.

Look at his stats. Most of his yards are from one play per game so that one play exaggerates his yes/carry....the rest of the time he is a below average RB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3139605/marlon-mack

Other than the SF game he has not been good at all

Look at the stats and take the one big run out of the Rams Tenn Jac and Houston games and he is averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry.

I don't know. I just don't see the hype yet

I'd take Gore every day over Mack

Gore never has a big run.

You sound like Polian when he used to talk about the COlts piss poor run D on his show. "Well if you just ignore this play and that play (the biggest ones of the game), we did pretty good!!"

The point is Mack can be that back that IS a big play threat and can make those game changing plays if they put him in position to do so

Gore is not. Gore is not going to break a run for 50 yards in a game changing or momentum changing play.

Good coaches are supposed to know how to utilize such talent and maximize it. These coaches obviously don't. Their idea is to give Mack the same plays as Gore and hope he can make a big play with his speed. If that is what they continue to do with him, I agree, its a waste. He is not the between the tackles back to fight for 3-4 yards

Puck
11-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Gore never has a big run.

You sound like Polian when he used to talk about the COlts piss poor run D on his show. "Well if you just ignore this play and that play (the biggest ones of the game), we did pretty good!!"

The point is Mack can be that back that IS a big play threat and can make those game changing plays if they put him in position to do so

Gore is not. Gore is not going to break a run for 50 yards in a game changing or momentum changing play.

Good coaches are supposed to know how to utilize such talent and maximize it. These coaches obviously don't. Their idea is to give Mack the same plays as Gore and hope he can make a big play with his speed. If that is what they continue to do with him, I agree, its a waste. He is not the between the tackles back to fight for 3-4 yards

Mack has had 5 double digit yard runs. Totaling 106 yards
Gores top 5 double digit runs total 85 yards
So in 5 rushes Mack averaged 4.2 more yards per carry. All other runs he is averaging 2.0 yards per carry. Gore averages 3.0 yards per carry.

Mack had a 24 yard run against the Rams... sounds great but he had 10 carries in that game for a total of 24 yards. 9 rushes zero gain.

In the Tenn game he had a long run of 22 yards His stat line was 2 rushes for 18 yards. So run 2 was a loss of 4.

He has big runs. He he does.... but he loses more yards than most fans realize.

Arizona he had 6 carries for -3 yards and a long of 3.

He is not even close to being able to replace Gore.... in fact if they feel the need to replace Gore they need to sign a FA or draft a starting RB

Dam8610
11-17-2017, 06:45 AM
Do you honestly believe that the play calling has nothing to do with the offense disappearing for quarters at a time?

I'd put it more on the failures in execution of the young, developing offense.

Racehorse
11-17-2017, 07:52 AM

Of course! :rolleyes:

DrSpaceman
11-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Mack has had 5 double digit yard runs. Totaling 106 yards
Gores top 5 double digit runs total 85 yards
So in 5 rushes Mack averaged 4.2 more yards per carry. All other runs he is averaging 2.0 yards per carry. Gore averages 3.0 yards per carry.

Mack had a 24 yard run against the Rams... sounds great but he had 10 carries in that game for a total of 24 yards. 9 rushes zero gain.

In the Tenn game he had a long run of 22 yards His stat line was 2 rushes for 18 yards. So run 2 was a loss of 4.

He has big runs. He he does.... but he loses more yards than most fans realize.

Arizona he had 6 carries for -3 yards and a long of 3.

He is not even close to being able to replace Gore.... in fact if they feel the need to replace Gore they need to sign a FA or draft a starting RB

I did not say he can replace Gore. I thought I was pretty clear in what I stated that is not what I am suggesting. They do different things and are different plays,

But they can use him more than they are and they can use him in different ways than Gore.

But if you want stats :

Those double digit runs are in 59 attempts for Mack and 144 for Gore, so Mack is more than twice as likely to break a run for longer than 10 yards

Mack long run is 35 yards and Gores is 21 yards, big difference.

Pass catching, Gore is 18 for 152 and Mack is 12 for 129, a 6 yards per catch vs. 11 yards per catch.

Butter
11-17-2017, 09:11 PM
I feel like Gore should stay the workhorse, but clearly, Mack needs to be worked into the game better and more often. I am not convinced Mack is an every down back, but a versatile change of pace back and if he works on his hands and blocking a 3rd down guy. A good coaching staff would find a way to get the most out of him. Maybe next year, sigh.

DrSpaceman
11-17-2017, 11:18 PM
The team is going to have to find another back for next season beyond Gore anyway.

Going into the season with a primary back that is 35 years old is stupid.

I envision Mack as more like Dominic Rhodes, who was great as a secondary change of pace back and different than Addai. They made a great combination. They should have been the co-MVPs of SB XLI.

Brylok
11-18-2017, 12:03 AM
The team is going to have to find another back for next season beyond Gore anyway.

Going into the season with a primary back that is 35 years old is stupid.

I envision Mack as more like Dominic Rhodes, who was great as a secondary change of pace back and different than Addai. They made a great combination. They should have been the co-MVPs of SB XLI.

Rhodes doesn't get enough credit. He and AV carried the Colts to the win against Baltimore in the 2006 playoffs. Without that effort, still no Indy Colts championship.

Colts And Orioles
11-18-2017, 06:30 PM
o

Graziano has the Colts as a "Team with a Good Plan", predicting a surprise run to the 2018 season Super Bowl which will rejuvenate Andrew Luck's early-career hype.

o

o

On the other end of the spectrum ........

How the Colts Went from the Brink of the Super Bowl to One of the NFL's Worst

(By Mike Wells)

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/22134/from-the-brink-of-the-super-bowl-in-2014-to-being-back-at-the-bottom-for-the-colts

o

IndyNorm
11-22-2017, 11:32 AM

Do you really have no issues with Chud's play calling? No wonder why you love Clappy so much.