PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! More soap opera.

kitekrazy
11-06-2017, 07:20 PM
https://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-might-jim-irsay-run-andrew-luck-out-of-indianapolis-with-his-intemperate-remarks

Is Jim turning into his father? Plus I doubt Dungy really said that.

Butter
11-06-2017, 07:36 PM
I am not sure what to really make of all that. I do know if I am Jim and told any of that to Dungy privately, he would now be banned from all Colts facilities and functions. My hope is this is a bit out of context.

Dewey 5
11-06-2017, 07:36 PM
At this point I don't doubt anything. The team is a huge mess & its time for Irsay to step aside .

Thorgrim
11-06-2017, 07:46 PM
Wow, so reminiscent of Tiger Bob and Bert Jones. Like father like son.

ChoppedWood
11-06-2017, 07:56 PM
Wow, so reminiscent of Tiger Bob and Bert Jones. Like father like son.

Sho is, sho is!

Will come as absolutely ZERO surprise if this ultimately turns out to be true. I get Luck's "all that" when it comes to being a dude of integrity, blah blah blah, but we all have a line and how anyone with a fleeting speck of intelligence could not look at the big picture here and concede he may be forcing his way out, well... I mean we are a complete running joke of an organization and I don't see him being the type that would want anything to do with being soiled by all this shit.

njcoltfan
11-06-2017, 09:05 PM
At this point I don't doubt anything. The team is a huge mess & its time for Irsay to step aside .
Don't be surprised if the next rumor you hear is that the Colts are looking to leave Indy for greener pastures !!

GoBigBlue88
11-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Keep trying to tell you guys: Irsay is a major problem and there is no organization to this organization.

He either needs to empower Chris Ballard to be the adult to run this franchise and be THE face/voice/final word, or he needs to find an adult to do that. It cannot be Jim Irsay. He is ruining this franchise because he is fucking insane.

omahacolt
11-06-2017, 09:31 PM
Keep trying to tell you guys: Irsay is a major problem and there is no organization to this organization.

He either needs to empower Chris Ballard to be the adult to run this franchise and be THE face/voice/final word, or he needs to find an adult to do that. It cannot be Jim Irsay. He is ruining this franchise because he is fucking insane.

Ballard needs to be the face of the franchise. Irsay is making a mockery of this team

Dam8610
11-06-2017, 09:32 PM
Luck is signed through the 2021 season, he can't force himself out and Irsay can't run him off. Unless he retires, he won't hit free agency until he's 33, and since the Colts would likely franchise him for 2 years, that really means 35 is his earliest time to hit free agency. He committed to this franchise and the franchise committed to him by signing the contract they did.

OneVoice
11-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Really think there should be more dots connected for Kravitz to write this crap / this is really reading between lines.

How many times has Ballard said it:

There Is No Fing Timeline.

njcoltfan
11-06-2017, 09:56 PM
I am not sure what to really make of all that. I do know if I am Jim and told any of that to Dungy privately, he would now be banned from all Colts facilities and functions. My hope is this is a bit out of context.

What would motivate Dungy to tell Patrick something that was probably told to him in confidence??

Hoopsdoc
11-06-2017, 09:58 PM

I don't doubt it either. Jimmys already publicly mentioned the space between Lucks ears, which was really really stupid. That he would say this to Dungy would not shock me at all.

We may end up with a Carson Palmer situation here if Jimmy doesn't shut his damn trap.

njcoltfan
11-06-2017, 10:16 PM
I don't doubt it either. Jimmys already publicly mentioned the space between Lucks ears, which was really really stupid. That he would say this to Dungy would not shock me at all.

We may end up with a Carson Palmer situation here if Jimmy doesn't shut his damn trap.

So far no one else is reporting anything about this, which tells me that things might have been taken out of context.

Spike
11-06-2017, 10:17 PM

Irsay does need to shut his fucking mouth and stay off of twitter. Dungy also needs to shut his damn mouth if he was told something in confidence. Irsay needs to let Ballard runs this organization and stay in the fucking background.

Butter
11-06-2017, 10:18 PM
What would motivate Dungy to tell Patrick something that was probably told to him in confidence??

No clue, that is why I hope there is context to what was said that is missing.

Gimmick
11-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Jim Irsay told me the same things he's said in public many times this year.

Translated Tony's comment for you.

Stop listening to sports radio shows. Quit being ****ing stupid.

FatDT
11-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Jim Irsay should retire.

ChoppedWood
11-06-2017, 11:04 PM

Thank you.

For those that don't think Luck can maneuver out of this, look no further than just down 74E. If he wants out of this shit, he'll get out.

Jim Irsay needs to push off and stop completely fucking this team up. We've gone from dynastic to craptastic in the span of 3 fucking years!

Puck
11-06-2017, 11:52 PM
I don't see the big deal on what Irsay said.... Luck was cleared. He is obviously nervous about getting hit... he has some pain to work through... he has to decide to work through it. It is a lot mental right now with Luck... anyone who has had a major injury knows that you are overly cautious.

I don't see this as a story at all.... kravitz is dumpster diveing for a story to make the Colts look bad

Dewey 5
11-06-2017, 11:57 PM

I'm not even convinced that Irsay has any intentions of replacing Pagano after the season.

Brylok
11-07-2017, 12:09 AM

I agree, but is that something Chris Ballard wants to do? Try to take over the old Bill Polian role? Running the entire show is a lot to ask a first time GM to do. And who is out there other than Ballard to fill that role? Peyton Manning? Elway if he gets run out of Denver (barf at the thought). This is a mess.

1965southpaw
11-07-2017, 02:09 AM
More context on this story or maybe non-story.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/6/16615874/story-on-colts-owner-jim-irsays-comments-regarding-luck-is-lazy-sucker-punch-journalism?ref=yfp

GoBigBlue88
11-07-2017, 07:40 AM

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/6/16615874/story-on-colts-owner-jim-irsays-comments-regarding-luck-is-lazy-sucker-punch-journalism?ref=yfp

I don't know that a fan blog really provides context on a news story.

albany ed
11-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Whenever I read a story on this board, especially one filled with hearsay, I always presume it's solid journalism. I mean, why else would anyone post it on the Coltsfreaks gospel board?

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 11:17 AM

Beat me to it / thx for posting.

Context.

Better POV than the BS Kravitz article ...I've hated that dbag ever since he threw Dungy under the bus in an article right after his son committed suicide.

Whenever I read a story on this board, especially one filled with hearsay, I always presume it's solid journalism. I mean, why else would anyone post it on the Coltsfreaks gospel board?

In this case, the Kravitz article is "hearsay" and the fan blog provides better perspective: that there's no story here, no riff between Irsay and Luck.

Irsay has made some very questionable HR moves in the last 5 years, and hey I'm pissed too bc my team sucks right now / but this? C'mon people.

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 11:21 AM

Fake news you mean?

GoBigBlue88
11-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Well, if you don't like Kravitz, maybe you like JMV:

https://twitter.com/JMV1070/status/927910497122471937

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Well, if you don't like Kravitz, maybe you like JMV:

https://twitter.com/JMV1070/status/927910497122471937

Well there you have it.

(Seriously, so what? JMV is in agreement with Kravitz on this so everything's solid?)

Let me be absolutely clear here. I am not an Irsay apologist. The problem is the article, facts and insinuations. All Kravitz is doing here is piecing together elements from three separate events everyone heard before: a DP-Dungy exchange, Irsay quotes from the beginning of the season and a Denver story with no local confirmation. And writes a "news" story? This qualifies as legit journalism? And the fan boy doesn't because the WTHR cred isn't above his name?

What inside scoop are these "journalists" providing here?

Kray007
11-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Irsay's comment was entirely innocuous; nothing controversial about it. And, in fact, it's an accepted precept of sports medicine that the final step in rehab is overcoming the fear of reinjury that accompanies every serious injury.

I have a hard time imagining that Luck took any kind of umbrage at them. Usually, he's the smartest guy in the room.

In a season like this, sports writers are gonna take their shots, they're gonna engage in all manner of silliness. If you're a fan, you just have to put your head down and ignore the crap that gets splashed on the walls.

GoBigBlue88
11-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Well there you have it.

(Seriously, so what? JMV is in agreement with Kravitz on this so everything's solid?)

Let me be absolutely clear here. I am not an Irsay apologist. The problem is the article, facts and insinuations. All Kravitz is doing here is piecing together elements from three separate events everyone heard before: a DP-Dungy exchange, Irsay quotes from the beginning of the season and a Denver story with no local confirmation. And writes a "news" story? This qualifies as legit journalism? And the fan boy doesn't because the WTHR cred isn't above his name?

What inside scoop are these "journalists" providing here?

If you can't tell the difference in credibility between Stampede Blue, Bob Kravitz & JMV, I can't really help you there.

Anyway, I doubt any of this really drives Luck away from Colts (I mean, how the hell would that even work?) But I guarantee there's smoke to the fire here, and we haven't heard the last on Irsay's dumbassery.

1965southpaw
11-07-2017, 12:17 PM
As I've said before whether Kravitz story is true, not true, or partially true doesn't really matter. This kind of bullshit is part and parcel of of a dysfunctional organization with a loosing culture and until we hit bottom and start the purge there is going to be more of this kind of stuff. I personally think it's important to not limit ourselves to "established" news sources in wading through these muddy waters. We are all capable of accepting and discarding stuff we want/don't need in forming our opinions but I make it a practice to always look for different points of view in everything before I lock and load on anything......confirmation bias is a real thing and is the enemy of good decision making. :cool:

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 12:24 PM
If you can't tell the difference in credibility between Stampede Blue, Bob Kravitz & JMV, I can't really help you there.

I would be able to tell the difference if they showed it in their work / I would appreciate an explanation of why my assessment of Kravitz' article was off-base.

When JMV says something, there's usually something to it. But I can't tell if he's just going off Kravitz or has independent sources.

GoBigBlue88
11-07-2017, 01:57 PM
FWIW though, I really don't believe the folks out there jumping into the LUCK WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN pool right now. That could be the case, but there's no way in hell anyone knows that right now, at this point on the calendar. There's no way anyone even knows enough to suggest that beyond the possibility that any injured player could potentially not ever return.

omahacolt
11-07-2017, 02:51 PM
FWIW though, I really don't believe the folks out there jumping into the LUCK WILL NEVER PLAY AGAIN pool right now. That could be the case, but there's no way in hell anyone knows that right now, at this point on the calendar. There's no way anyone even knows enough to suggest that beyond the possibility that any injured player could potentially not ever return.

There were doctors confidently saying manning would never play again in 2011.

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 03:56 PM
Stephen Holder thinks its BS too. (https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/status/927913305758461952)

Brylok
11-07-2017, 04:27 PM
Nine more months of stuff like this. Brutal.

1965southpaw
11-07-2017, 04:45 PM
Kravitz on JMV right now back peddling for all he's worth....stands by the article but says he should have written it months ago (when Irsay first made his 4 inches comments). Says he posted a correction to his article ( although I haven't checked) to clarify that Dungy didn't say Irsay said this directly to him...rather he heard it when he was Indy a few weeks ago....so basically The way Kravitz wrote it made it should as if it's a new thing and it's not....fucking pice of shit journalist.....so tired of journalist trying to be the story instead of just reporting the story n

1965southpaw
11-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Also Kravitz said he has no shred of data that there is a schism between the Luck family and the Irsay family. Nor has he heard a whisper that Luck wants to play anywhere but Indy.

1965southpaw
11-07-2017, 04:50 PM
He and JMV have both said repeatedly that the Colts have completely bungled communications around Lucks injury and other issues that they are making things worse than they need to be. They also both agree it's time for Irsay to stfu and step back and let Ballard take full control which I agree with completely.

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Tony Dungy calls out Kravitz. (https://twitter.com/TonyDungy/status/927997265167507471)

1965southpaw
11-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Went back to the original article and here is the Kravitz correction

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story inaccurately stated that Tony Dungy said to Dan Patrick that, "Jim Irsay made a comment to me." No such conversation took place. Dungy was referring to public comments that Irsay had made earlier.

I also noted that Kravitz used the words might and may referencing a potential future schism between luck and Irsay. This is all pure speculation. Not saying it isn't true or might not become true but this is not a sourced piece of journalism. This is pure speculation.

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 04:59 PM
He and JMV have both said repeatedly that the Colts have completely bungled communications around Lucks injury and other issues that they are making things worse than they need to be. They also both agree it's time for Irsay to stfu and step back and let Ballard take full control which I agree with completely.

Kravitz should STFU.

OneVoice
11-07-2017, 05:05 PM
I also noted that Kravitz used the words might and may referencing a potential future schism between luck and Irsay. This is all pure speculation. Not saying it isn't true or might not become true but this is not a sourced piece of journalism. This is pure speculation.

Maybe Kravitz should be working for StampedeBlue instead of WTHR.

1965southpaw
11-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Maybe Kravitz should be working for StampedeBlue instead of WTHR.

Lol.....:D

Brylok
11-08-2017, 12:42 PM
According to his Twitter account, JMV will have Chris Ballard on his show today at 5PM Eastern time. It should be an interesting conversation.

albany ed
11-08-2017, 06:18 PM
Kravitz should STFU.

The Indy Colts

Owner? Dumbass
Coach? Incompetent Dumbass
Team? Rudderless and Incompetent and of course packed with dumbasses

Maybe Kravitz was once a quality reporter, but now? He's ate up with the dumbass.

One more thing, me, I'm a dumb ass too. That's why I'm so comfortable here.

smitty46953
11-08-2017, 09:21 PM
According to his Twitter account, JMV will have Chris Ballard on his show today at 5PM Eastern time. It should be an interesting conversation.

http://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/ride-jmv/gm-chris-ballard-goes-depth-colts-jmv

:cool: