PDA

View Full Version : Florio: Colts willing to trade TY Hilton

Coltsalr
10-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Report: Colts willing to trade WR T.Y. Hilton
PFT's Mike Florio reports the Colts are "willing to move: T.Y. Hilton ahead of Tuesday's 4 PM deadline

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/29/talk-of-a-possible-t-y-hilton-trade-intensifies/

Indiana V2
10-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Report: Colts willing to trade WR T.Y. Hilton
PFT's Mike Florio reports the Colts are "willing to move: T.Y. Hilton ahead of Tuesday's 4 PM deadline

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/29/talk-of-a-possible-t-y-hilton-trade-intensifies/

If they get a deal that they can't refuse, then take it. TY is not a leader, and he's not a true #1. You don't call out the O-line one week, and then suck yourself the next week.

Luck4Reich
10-29-2017, 06:51 PM
Part of me is on the fence.

But then he isn’t worth that much money imo.
He disappears most games.

If Luck does come back healthy and feels like a big If now, will
Ballard do enough with a stockpile of picks?

Luck4Reich
10-29-2017, 06:53 PM
If they get a deal that they can't refuse, then take it. TY is not a leader, and he's not a true #1. You don't call out the O-line one week, and then suck yourself the next week.

I agree he isn’t a #1.

Damn did we ever get spoiled by Marvin and Reggie.

GoBigBlue88
10-29-2017, 06:55 PM
It really just depends on Luck, right? Like, if Luck is a question mark for his career, sure, you're not gonna get the most out of Hilton anyway.

But if Luck is for sure back 100% next year, then it seems kinda dumb to take away his favorite receiver when he'll already have to adjust to a new OC, new OL, being back in there in the first place, etc. Especially for anything less than a 1st.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 06:57 PM
it is florio so i am not sure if i believe it.

dude always wants to start shit on the colts

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 07:02 PM
i just don't understand any of this

we need talent. so to fix this we trade away all of our current talent for no reason.

we do not need cap relief.

njcoltfan
10-29-2017, 07:14 PM
Part of me is on the fence.

But then he isn’t worth that much money imo.
He disappears most games.

If Luck does come back healthy and feels like a big If now, will
Ballard do enough with a stockpile of picks?

If they trade TY, than IMHO Luck is done.

Luck4Reich
10-29-2017, 07:28 PM
If they trade TY, than IMHO Luck is done.

Which is basically what I was saying lol

Guess I could of worded it better.

Hoopsdoc
10-29-2017, 07:45 PM
it is florio so i am not sure if i believe it.

dude always wants to start shit on the colts

None of these dudes, minus this years class, were drafted by Ballard. He has no particular loyalty to them because he thinks he can bring in better. It's just how these guys think.

Though I agree Florio is full of shit, on this I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

Butter
10-29-2017, 08:18 PM
Anything less than a 1st and no way, even then TY is not that easily replaced.

Coltsalr
10-29-2017, 08:18 PM
I see the logic in the sense that this would be Ballard saying that Luck is the type of QB that can make do with lesser WR’s and that teams that pay massive amounts of resources to WR’s generally don’t win SB’s (it’s true, look it up, Denver did but their Super Bowl was hardly won due to WR’s. In fact, when they were their big contributing factor, they got walloped).

That said, this would be essentially wiping the slate clean. Hilton would be gone, and at that point you have to assume that Moncrief at the very least won’t be given an extension. Aiken has obviously done nothing to warrant an extension and Chester Rogers has apparently done nothing to warrant playing time.

With Dwayne Allen already gone, we’re talking about Luck coming back in 2018 only having previously thrown the ball to Doyle (let’s assume Gore is also gone as well). As others have said, he’d already be with a new OC/HC. Do we want COMPLETELY different skill players as well?

If you completely decimate the WR corps like that, you’re probably going to end up spending some of your resources on the position, so how much are you really gaining? I mean, do we really want this team handing out big money to Sammy Watkins and Alshon Jeffery? If we’re avoiding handing out big money, do we want a WR corps made up of free agents like Marqise Lee and Michael Floyd?

My initial gut reaction was that could be a good move to net us some assets and I do believe that building around giving a WR a huge contract was a stupid move on Grigson’s part. However, we’re a team with so few areas of strength, that decimating the WR corps would appear likely to do more harm than good, barring some massive return and/or barring some plan for the WR position that I can’t foresee.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 08:26 PM
None of these dudes, minus this years class, were drafted by Ballard. He has no particular loyalty to them because he thinks he can bring in better. It's just how these guys think.

Though I agree Florio is full of shit, on this I wouldn't be surprised if it were true.

Then fire Ballard

If his idea of getting better is getting rid of all the good players then he needs to be fired.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 08:28 PM
I see the logic in the sense that this would be Ballard saying that Luck is the type of QB that can make do with lesser WR’s and that teams that pay massive amounts of resources to WR’s generally don’t win SB’s (it’s true, look it up, Denver did but their Super Bowl was hardly won due to WR’s. In fact, when they were their big contributing factor, they got walloped).

That said, this would be essentially wiping the slate clean. Hilton would be gone, and at that point you have to assume that Moncrief at the very least won’t be given an extension. Aiken has obviously done nothing to warrant an extension and Chester Rogers has apparently done nothing to warrant playing time.

With Dwayne Allen already gone, we’re talking about Luck coming back in 2018 only having previously thrown the ball to Doyle (let’s assume Gore is also gone as well). As others have said, he’d already be with a new OC/HC. Do we want COMPLETELY different skill players as well?

If you completely decimate the WR corps like that, you’re probably going to end up spending some of your resources on the position, so how much are you really gaining? I mean, do we really want this team handing out big money to Sammy Watkins and Alshon Jeffery? If we’re avoiding handing out big money, do we want a WR corps made up of free agents like Marqise Lee and Michael Floyd?

My initial gut reaction was that could be a good move to net us some assets and I do believe that building around giving a WR a huge contract was a stupid move on Grigson’s part. However, we’re a team with so few areas of strength, that decimating the WR corps would appear likely to do more harm than good, barring some massive return and/or barring some plan for the WR position that I can’t foresee.

I don't think grigson was trying to build around Hilton. I think he was just paying a good player

Hoopsdoc
10-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Then fire Ballard

If his idea of getting better is getting rid of all the good players then he needs to be fired.

I wouldn't agree with that until seeing how he rebuilds the roster. We would just have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

He's supposed to be good. You have to let him do his job.

Puck
10-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Total rebuild. Including QB

FatDT
10-29-2017, 09:12 PM
This makes no sense to me if Luck is coming back. Hilton does disappear sometimes. But he also takes over games. And most WRs suffer when the star QB goes out.

He's not that expensive, the team isn't hurting for money. I agree that overall we should let Luck make his receivers better, no need to overpay for a WR. But Hilton it's already here, already has experience with Luck, already a known quantity.

If he's traded we need to be well compensated. And even then I'd like to know why.

Forrest Blue
10-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Guess my team really is dumb. Sucks because I never thought they were truly fully retarded.

He have 2 weapons, one is hurt, so let's trade the only one we still have.

1K yard receivers I guess grow on trees.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 09:33 PM

You want to trade Luck or do you think he is done?

Or are you just trying to be over the top again?

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't agree with that until seeing how he rebuilds the roster. We would just have to trust that he knows what he's doing.

He's supposed to be good. You have to let him do his job.

No. It is stupid. Ballard didn't draft Luck, should he go? Doyle? Anderson?

If Ballard is trying to build the browns then he can trade away the talent.

DrSpaceman
10-29-2017, 09:36 PM
I just can't see Luck being "done" for his career as some are speculating.

He played last year WITH this injury. he had it repaired and now he can't play again? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Trading Hilton is stupid unless you get a #1 or high value defensive player in return. He is still the most talented weapon on the Colts offense outside the QB. You take him away and you have nothing to scare any defense, with or without Luck.

Puck
10-29-2017, 09:37 PM
You want to trade Luck or do you think he is done?

Or are you just trying to be over the top again?

Might be done. Hop not. But if tha0ts the case need to ht th # 1 Pick

Brylok
10-29-2017, 09:38 PM
That's my biggest worry. I'm really starting to wonder if his career is over.

apballin
10-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Ballard is your typical egotistical GM, wanting to be able to say "Look at what I built" he wants all of Grigsons guys gone-- ALL of them except Luck

ChoppedWood
10-29-2017, 09:54 PM
Bunch of reports out there that he is finished- one of which oddly enough came from D'Qwell Jackson for some reason.

I believe he is done, I think the organization realized this many months ago and is just now starting to come to grips with it.

The organization really shit the bed here, if he can't come back the negligence from the top destroyed a once in a generation talent sadly.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Bunch of reports out there that he is finished- one of which oddly enough came from D'Qwell Jackson for some reason.

I believe he is done, I think the organization realized this many months ago and is just now starting to come to grips with it.

The organization really shit the bed here, if he can't come back the negligence from the top destroyed a once in a generation talent sadly.

He got hurt. Nobody destroyed him.

Get a fucking grip dude

Coltsalr
10-29-2017, 09:58 PM
@AllbrightNFL
At least four teams have called the #Colts* since they leaked T.Y. Hilton was available.

Asking price "too high" per source.

Spike
10-29-2017, 10:01 PM

What fucking reports? Total bullshit, how the fuck would DJ know. And how the hell would you know. Get the hell out of here with that bullshit.

apballin
10-29-2017, 10:01 PM
I don't want TY gone myself but it wouldn't surprise me with Ballard wanting to purge this roster and clear out any grigson guys so he can't have any credit whatsoever

ChoppedWood
10-29-2017, 10:29 PM
He got hurt. Nobody destroyed him.

Get a fucking grip dude

Oh fuck you Omaha- they put a clown car of fucking nitwits in front of him for fucking years- how many game, fucking snap after snap after snap did we see the dude getting hit before he even planted. Sure, he could have snapped his achilles on his first plant of his career and never come back- but that's not what happened- game after game and year after year he got fucking stomped because the jackass fucks that run this shitshow didn't worry about keeping him on his feet.

Sometimes you come off as the dumbest of the fucking dumb.

ChoppedWood
10-29-2017, 10:31 PM
What fucking reports? Total bullshit, how the fuck would DJ know. And how the hell would you know. Get the hell out of here with that bullshit.

It's all fake news isn't, all of it.

2 major fucking NFL "scoopers" are now reporting he is seeking additional opinions because his shoulder is not responding. One of them is Glazer.

Sure, it's all just fucking fake news... all of it- he's actually playing and playing very well, we are just not being told the truth!

Fucking insanity around her on this issue. Fuck man, we've been being lied to about this shit for months it's pretty fucking obvious!

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 10:35 PM
Oh fuck you Omaha- they put a clown car of fucking nitwits in front of him for fucking years- how many game, fucking snap after snap after snap did we see the dude getting hit before he even planted. Sure, he could have snapped his achilles on his first plant of his career and never come back- but that's not what happened- game after game and year after year he got fucking stomped because the jackass fucks that run this shitshow didn't worry about keeping him on his feet.

Sometimes you come off as the dumbest of the fucking dumb.

I'm dumb

But you just explained why you have no point.

Brylok
10-30-2017, 10:29 PM
Do not trade TY Hilton. The problem lies with Chud and his stupid offense and Brisset being not that good. I can't imagine that Luck would be happy about it either when he gets back. If he gets back.

Indystu2
10-31-2017, 09:51 AM
Ballard has said if a player does not produce, he may be gone. If he is looking at just this season, T.Y. has been average. It would not surprise me if he gets traded.

This team is so bad that blowing it all up might be what it needs to get right in the future. If that happens, it will take years to rebuild. If Luck is done, holy crap. We will need as many picks in the draft as possible. Drafting a QB plus all of the other needs?

Call me pessimistic, but I think it can't be much worse than it is right now, so what does Ballard have to lose? He can't break what is already broken.

omahacolt
10-31-2017, 10:48 AM
Do not trade TY Hilton. The problem lies with Chud and his stupid offense and Brisset being not that good. I can't imagine that Luck would be happy about it either when he gets back. If he gets back.

This is correct

1965southpaw
10-31-2017, 12:15 PM
If you see a report that TY has been traded to New Orleans it is Fake News. A fake Ian Rappaport account tweeted this out and a couple of local Indy reporters pushed it out before realizing it was an unverified account. TY is still ours.

smitty46953
10-31-2017, 12:22 PM
If you see a report that TY has been traded to New Orleans it is Fake News. A fake Ian Rappaport account tweeted this out and a couple of local Indy reporters pushed it out before realizing it was an unverified account. TY is still ours.

JMV retweeted it, think he took it down now

rcubed
10-31-2017, 12:35 PM
Ballard has said if a player does not produce, he may be gone. If he is looking at just this season, T.Y. has been average. It would not surprise me if he gets traded.

Our best receiver is not getting traded for one mediocre season where we are using backup QBs and the GM knows the rest of the team isnt very good to begin with.

OneVoice
10-31-2017, 01:09 PM
JMV retweeted it, think he took it down now

Chap retweeted too.

Can anyone on this board schooled in journalism tell me why they keep doing this (retweeting fake accounts)? The very first thing I checked was the number of p's in "Rappaport" ...why do they even follow those accts?

OneVoice
10-31-2017, 01:24 PM
Everyone has a price tag.

Yes. Andrew Luck can be traded ...for the entire Cleveland Browns franchise.

I would say Ballard has thus far made pretty shrewd trades, even if they weren't immediately liked.

I would take anything for Gore or VD at this point / why not? They arent gonna be re-signed. I guess Moncrief too bc Im not paying that dude big money ...but the Chud-Brisset factor is negatively affecting my POV.

smitty46953
10-31-2017, 01:28 PM
Trade Gore to a contender heck even the Pats. Like to see him get a chance for a ring. Not getting one here this year, and doubt we re-sign him. :cool:

rcubed
10-31-2017, 01:28 PM
Chap retweeted too.

Can anyone on this board schooled in journalism tell me why they keep doing this (retweeting fake accounts)? The very first thing I checked was the number of p's in "Rappaport" ...why do they even follow those accts?
I am not schooled in journalism but its all about being "first" even if you arent first and just passing along others info. So first to retweet I guess. Its about getting traffic on your site/account/etc. Better to get a bunch of traffic and then correct/retract later.

That's just how media flows now. Its not about being right as it is about being fast.

Pez
10-31-2017, 02:02 PM
There's a bunch of scenarios here.

Maybe Hilton wants off this train and asked to be traded before his career is over.

Maybe Ballard is being true to his word and making a statement to that very effect: If you don't produce, you're gone.

Hilton isn't a leader, is not able to step up and help Brissett be more successful.

This season has been such a clusterfuck it's really easy for me to see that TY Hilton could be traded for a 1 or a couple 2's and those picks would be more valuable long term than TY Hilton will be.

Despite the general malaise about this team right now, Hilton is quietly having a decent year, on pace for over 1000 yards. Only 1 TD, but We've only scored 14 total this year.

I find myself shockingly indifferent regarding this move.

rcubed
10-31-2017, 02:12 PM
Hilton needs another really strong WR presence to help free him up. That was supposed to be moncrief, but he hasnt taken it.

omahacolt
10-31-2017, 02:17 PM
There's a bunch of scenarios here.

Maybe Hilton wants off this train and asked to be traded before his career is over.

Maybe Ballard is being true to his word and making a statement to that very effect: If you don't produce, you're gone.

Hilton isn't a leader, is not able to step up and help Brissett be more successful.

This season has been such a clusterfuck it's really easy for me to see that TY Hilton could be traded for a 1 or a couple 2's and those picks would be more valuable long term than TY Hilton will be.

Despite the general malaise about this team right now, Hilton is quietly having a decent year, on pace for over 1000 yards. Only 1 TD, but We've only scored 14 total this year.

I find myself shockingly indifferent regarding this move.hilton would look much better if brisket would throw him the ball when he is open. The dude is not seeing the field

Brylok
10-31-2017, 02:29 PM
hilton would look much better if brisket would throw him the ball when he is open. The dude is not seeing the field
He locks on to the guys that are closest to him: Doyle and Aiken. Chud's dumbass long developing pass plays don't work especially when the oline isn't allowing much/any time. It's not TY's fault.

Brylok
10-31-2017, 02:31 PM
And the locker room issues are fixed with a better coaching staff. A strong coach wouldn't allow crap like that, but apparently Chuck's easygoing, rah-rah ass does.

1965southpaw
10-31-2017, 03:05 PM
He locks on to the guys that are closest to him: Doiyle and Aiken. Chud's dumbass long developing pass plays don't work especially when the oline isn't allowing much/any time. It's not TY's fault.

I was watching KC v Broncos last night and saw that Jack is second in the league for tight ends re catches behind KC tight end (Kelcie). I was a bit surprised since he had 2 horrible games, but I guess TYs lack of production is Jack's gain. Maybe as our opponents start to scout Jack more TY can get more involved......now if only we could count on Chud actually game planning to that effect.

DrSpaceman
10-31-2017, 05:17 PM
Kelvin Benjamin was traded from the Panthers for a 3rd and a seventh.

I doubt TY would have garnered much more in a trade than that. And its not worth it to trade him for that.

YDFL Commish
10-31-2017, 07:27 PM
Kelvin Benjamin was traded from the Panthers for a 3rd and a seventh.

I doubt TY would have garnered much more in a trade than that. And its not worth it to trade him for that.

TY would have landed minimum of a 2nd and 5th IMO.

But I wouldn't trade TY for that.

GoBigBlue88
11-01-2017, 08:26 AM
TY would have landed minimum of a 2nd and 5th IMO.

But I wouldn't trade TY for that.

Agreed. You just end up using that 2 on another WR anyway. I never got the logic of a TY Hilton trade.

Colts And Orioles
11-05-2017, 05:38 PM
i just don't understand any of this

we need talent. so to fix this we trade away all of our current talent for no reason.

we do not need cap relief.

o

Hilton's heads-up play late in the 3rd quarter (along with Adam Vinatieri's 52-yard field goal 8 minutes later) wound up being the difference in today's game........he stayed down after his initial leap and fall to the ground while avoiding the cornerback, making the Texans' defenders think that the play was over. He didn't get back up and start running toward the end zone again until they (the Texans' defenders) had walked several steps away from him. If he had immediately gotten back up, they probably would have tackled him.

In my rat's ass of an opinion, Hilton is part of the solution to the Colts' attempts to return to playoff contender status, not part of the problem(s.)

o