PDA

View Full Version : Two teams want VD

1965southpaw
10-29-2017, 08:11 AM
Well hell, might as well just sell off everything and forfeit the rest of the season. :cool:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21201649/vontae-davis-indianapolis-colts-interest-other-teams-ahead-trade-deadline

Puck
10-29-2017, 08:59 AM
Well hell, might as well just sell off everything and forfeit the rest of the season. :cool:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21201649/vontae-davis-indianapolis-colts-interest-other-teams-ahead-trade-deadline

We'd be in a better position to trade him if Wilson could just learn special teams

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 09:50 AM
I say keep him but if we have no intentions on bringing him back then do it

ChoppedWood
10-29-2017, 10:21 AM
He's done, he was done last year. Get what you can get and move on.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 10:41 AM
He's done, he was done last year. Get what you can get and move on.

No he isn't. That is stupid

ChoppedWood
10-29-2017, 10:43 AM

He played like crap last year and has been nothing but a ghost of his former self this year. He doesn't want to be on this team now that we are trash- same situation as Miami, move on. Put Wilson in and figure out if we have to draft another corner next year. Old people don't mean shit to this shit team now.

VeveJones007
10-29-2017, 10:54 AM
I say keep him but if we have no intentions on bringing him back then do it

Ballard is best at scouting DBs. Unless Davis would sign a team friendly contract, then you trust Ballard to find someone inexpensive in the draft and use that cap space for D or O line.

VeveJones007
10-29-2017, 10:56 AM

He isn't done, but do you really trust his body to hold up? A lot of minor injuries piling up the past few years.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 11:02 AM
He played like crap last year and has been nothing but a ghost of his former self this year. He doesn't want to be on this team now that we are trash- same situation as Miami, move on. Put Wilson in and figure out if we have to draft another corner next year. Old people don't mean shit to this shit team now.

Where do you come up with this shit?

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 11:04 AM
He isn't done, but do you really trust his body to hold up? A lot of minor injuries piling up the past few years.

If we have younger better options then fine. He is still way better than fans give him credit for. I wouldn't mind giving him a 3 year deal if it were the right one.

VeveJones007
10-29-2017, 11:06 AM
If we have younger better options then fine. He is still way better than fans give him credit for. I wouldn't mind giving him a 3 year deal if it were the right one.

Trade him for a 6th, then see if you can sign him as a UFA to a three year deal.

Coltsalr
10-29-2017, 11:06 AM
He’s not done (agree with Omaha, that’s retarded) but this team is. Get what you can for him. I don’t think locking him up to a big extension is a part of Ballard’s vision and he’s clearly not helping us to the postseason this year.

He’s not done yet, but he will be at some point. Might as well move him and force our idiotic coaching staff to play Quincy Wilson. At that point, if the season continues to go as expected, Minkah Fitzpatrick would make a nice top 10 pick.

ChoppedWood
10-29-2017, 11:10 AM
Where do you come up with this shit?

It's called the game Omaha. He's a shell. He's either hurt, or he's not giving a fuck. Between the two- ditch the contract and give the duties to new blood. There is ZERO upside to having him on this team any longer.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 11:21 AM
It's called the game Omaha. He's a shell. He's either hurt, or he's not giving a fuck. Between the two- ditch the contract and give the duties to new blood. There is ZERO upside to having him on this team any longer.

Are you ever correct in any of your whiny nonsense

Puck
10-29-2017, 11:59 AM
Trade him for a 6th, then see if you can sign him as a UFA to a three year deal.

A 6th???

FUCK NO!

You aren't getting anyone in the 6th that is of his caliber even if it's only for 3 years.

Doubt he will make it to FA and why would he want to come back here without knowing how good the new coach will be after PAG GONE NOW. Is gone

Mr. Session
10-29-2017, 12:16 PM

Why would Davis even want to come back here? Is Ballard going to give him an option he can't refuse? I doubt that.

This team is not a legitimate contender, the weather up there fucking sucks, and I imagine his quality of life could potentially be better in other areas of the country as well.

If we can get something legitimate for him now, I say pull the trigger. I really don't see him coming back here and it beats watching him walk and getting nothing.

FatDT
10-29-2017, 12:30 PM
A 6th isn't enough.

VeveJones007
10-29-2017, 01:30 PM
A 6th isn't enough.

That's all anyone would move for him. Fans tend to overrate the draft picks players will bring in a trade.

testcase448
10-29-2017, 05:19 PM
He’s not done (agree with Omaha, that’s retarded) but this team is. Get what you can for him. I don’t think locking him up to a big extension is a part of Ballard’s vision and he’s clearly not helping us to the postseason this year.

He’s not done yet, but he will be at some point. Might as well move him and force our idiotic coaching staff to play Quincy Wilson. At that point, if the season continues to go as expected, Minkah Fitzpatrick would make a nice top 10 pick.

Much like Luck, this team won't be fixed while he can still play.

Coltsalr
10-29-2017, 06:55 PM
A 6th isn't enough.

A 5th and I say do it.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 07:01 PM
A 5th and I say do it.

why though?

then you have no chance to bring him back. a 5th isn't worth it. i am not sold on we have to move on from him next year.

Coltsalr
10-29-2017, 08:23 PM
why though?

then you have no chance to bring him back. a 5th isn't worth it. i am not sold on we have to move on from him next year.

Well I mean technically no, you could always bring him back as a UFA.

But I’m operating from the premise that right or wrong, agree or disagree, that Ballard isn’t giving Vontae big money in this offseason. That seems completely counter to the MO that we’ve seen thus far. I could be wrong, but I think he sees himself as phasing out a lot of the high priced guys.

So with that being the case, a 5th is better than nothing. I would be interested to see if a team might be interested in a package deal of Gore/Davis and see if we can get an antsy contender to give up a 4th if they think it’ll put them over the top.

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 08:30 PM
Well I mean technically no, you could always bring him back as a UFA.

But I’m operating from the premise that right or wrong, agree or disagree, that Ballard isn’t giving Vontae big money in this offseason. That seems completely counter to the MO that we’ve seen thus far. I could be wrong, but I think he sees himself as phasing out a lot of the high priced guys.

So with that being the case, a 5th is better than nothing. I would be interested to see if a team might be interested in a package deal of Gore/Davis and see if we can get an antsy contender to give up a 4th if they think it’ll put them over the top.

Not worth it

DrSpaceman
10-29-2017, 09:47 PM
I am not giving up Davis for lower than a 3rd round pick.

A 4th or a 5th? No way.

apballin
10-29-2017, 09:47 PM
I'd say take what you can get, he's falling fast he makes too much for his piss poor bullshit

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 09:55 PM
I'd say take what you can get, he's falling fast he makes too much for his piss poor bullshit

Says the dude that loves tj green and pagano

apballin
10-29-2017, 09:56 PM
Says the dude that loves tj green and pagano

He got roasted for a TD by theBengals 4th string WR GTFO

DrSpaceman
10-29-2017, 10:05 PM

That seemed to be on the safety on the replay. He broke for the shorter route that was already covered and left the middle open

ChoppedWood
10-29-2017, 10:05 PM

He has been getting roasted for over a year now- he's quit, which is exactly what he did in Miami.

apballin
10-29-2017, 10:08 PM
That seemed to be on the safety on the replay. He broke for the shorter route that was already covered and left the middle open

When VD was at his best NO WR got that type of separation on him safety help or not

omahacolt
10-29-2017, 10:15 PM

He was playing outside tech expecting safety help in the middle. There was no safety. But of course the actual play on the field is irrelevant.

Gimmick
10-29-2017, 11:41 PM
VD needs a good situation around him. When the team is a trainwreck he tunes everything out and mails it in.

omahacolt
10-30-2017, 06:14 AM
VD needs a good situation around him. When the team is a trainwreck he tunes everything out and mails it in.

Oh is that right Dr. Phil?

Spike
10-30-2017, 06:38 AM
He was playing outside tech expecting safety help in the middle. There was no safety. But of course the actual play on the field is irrelevant.

Some people don't know shit omaha, it makes me fucking crazy trying to explain this shit to them.

Gimmick
10-30-2017, 09:31 AM
Oh is that right Dr. Phil?

When he played for the Dolphins, they sucked and he sucked and was a distraction and got beat all the time.

When he played for the Colts and they were good, he was a pro-bowl corner.

When he plays for the Colts and they've sucked the last 2.5 seasons, he has played worse and worse.

There is definitely a pattern there.

1965southpaw
10-30-2017, 11:33 AM
Stephen Holder on Grady and Big Joe shared his take on a possible VD trade.....to take VD a team would have to be willing to pay him 4million for only 8 weeks of work.....given that there is no dominant team this year that's a shoe in for the SB, he sees it unlikely that a VD trade will happen. He also thinks it's highly unlikely that ballard bring him back as he favors bigger corners and he's not been a leader in the locker room for this young talent......he was quick to clarify that he's not a distraction and he works hard but leadership is just not in his dna.

rcubed
10-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Stephen Holder on Grady and Big Joe shared his take on a possible VD trade.....to take VD a team would have to be willing to pay him 4million for only 8 weeks of work.....given that there is no dominant team this year that's a shoe in for the SB, he sees it unlikely that a VD trade will happen. He also thinks it's highly unlikely that ballard bring him back as he favors bigger corners and he's not been a leader in the locker room for this young talent......he was quick to clarify that he's not a distraction and he works hard but leadership is just not in his dna.
that being said, I wouldnt be surprised at all if he is traded. VD is 29 and in a contract year. Ballard has hairston and wilson as his young up and comers. I dont see ballard giving VD big money for another contract, so if he can get something decent for VD then I would bet he pulls the trigger. Ballard isnt shy about making trades. I get what holder is saying but if there are teams interested, anything could happen.

HoosierinFL
10-30-2017, 01:19 PM
When he played for the Dolphins, they sucked and he sucked and was a distraction and got beat all the time.

When he plays for the Colts and they've sucked the last 2.5 seasons, he has played worse and worse.

The pattern is that he is not a leader, but a follower. You'd want to see him be a leader, but that's not crucial if your defense has other leaders. But this team lacks leadership all around, and coaches provide none of it either. When he's placed into a shit culture, he sucks. When he's in a good/winning culture, he's good. He's responsive to the culture on his team.

omahacolt
10-30-2017, 06:04 PM

so you are saying,

that a cb is playing worse when the colts offense can't stay on the field and there is no pass rush?

holy shit you are a smart dude. well done

1965southpaw
10-30-2017, 06:32 PM

Just heard Ballard talking on a segment Lamey does with Pags every monday evening after a colts game...On the question of the upcoming trade deadline Ballard all but said he's not shopping VD or anyone else....He said we're trying to win games and need our talent. He said he'll always take a phone call but it would have to take something exceptional to take any action. He also reminded that most of the rumors around this time are usually false.

Gimmick
10-31-2017, 01:43 AM
holy shit you are a smart dude. well done

That's right, now take lessons.

Racehorse
10-31-2017, 07:00 AM
Just heard Ballard talking on a segment Lamey does with Pags every monday evening after a colts game...On the question of the upcoming trade deadline Ballard all but said he's not shopping VD or anyone else....He said we're trying to win games and need our talent. He said he'll always take a phone call but it would have to take something exceptional to take any action. He also reminded that most of the rumors around this time are usually false.

Well, nobody shops VD, they just give it to you when they are shopping something else.

-Can't believe nobody else went there yet.

omahacolt
10-31-2017, 07:35 AM
Schefter just said on the radio that he thinks Davis is dealt today

ChoppedWood
10-31-2017, 07:44 AM
Schefter just said on the radio that he thinks Davis is dealt today

Good, we can save on the expense for the grape jam we've had to slap on him over the past 1.5 seasons.

southside asshole
10-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Good, we can save on the expense for the grape jam we've had to slap on him over the past 1.5 seasons.

Maybe I'm out of the loop but what the fuck does this even mean?

omahacolt
10-31-2017, 10:46 AM
Maybe I'm out of the loop but what the fuck does this even mean?

Don't worry about it.

That dude has been struggling with quality posts.

southside asshole
10-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Don't worry about it.

That dude has been struggling with quality posts.

mystery solved I guess

ChoppedWood
10-31-2017, 04:09 PM
Eugene Daniel is a fan of Vonte.

apballin
10-31-2017, 08:34 PM

Outside tech with no other receivers outside after covering that long

Fuck that you are an "all pro" and paid like it you know dam well you don't have ed reed behind you so why are you giving up the middle with that much clearance?

All good corners asses their zone and stick to their man if nothing else is in the area that's how you play, I don't give a fuck what that zone is you don't cover air you find someone and stick to them

There should not have been that much separation period, Melvin has outplayed this dude all year easily

omahacolt
10-31-2017, 08:49 PM
Outside tech with no other receivers outside after covering that long

Fuck that you are an "all pro" and paid like it you know dam well you don't have ed reed behind you so why are you giving up the middle with that much clearance?

All good corners asses their zone and stick to their man if nothing else is in the area that's how you play, I don't give a fuck what that zone is you don't cover air you find someone and stick to them

There should not have been that much separation period, Melvin has outplayed this dude all year easily
Haha perfect response.

rcubed
11-01-2017, 02:31 AM
He said 'asses' instead of 'assess'