PDA

View Full Version : 3 potential trades before deadline

1965southpaw
10-26-2017, 10:42 AM
My vote is Moncrief but probably won't happen since Rodgers can't stay healthy.

http://coltswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/26/indianapolis-colts-trade-deadline-frank-gore-donte-moncrief-vontae-davis/

FatDT
10-26-2017, 10:53 AM
I'd prefer to keep Davis, I don't think anyone is going to give up a 2nd round pick for him.

I like Gore but I don't think he is a difference-maker in this offense. Few RBs would be.

I like Moncrief when healthy and when Luck is playing. If we can extend him for cheap, I'm fine keeping him. He hasn't earned a big contract.

DrSpaceman
10-26-2017, 03:57 PM
I think all of them are expendable at this point.

If you can get good deals, take it.

No one is giving up much for a 34 year old Gore though. Moncrief and Davis have more trade value.

omahacolt
10-26-2017, 06:47 PM
dont trade anyone

we don't have talent or good coaching. stop trying to rid this team of talent
that is the opposite of the goal

Colt Classic
10-26-2017, 07:00 PM
Ignoring that Vontae has been less than stellar this year, which of the other two would be considered talent that must be kept? Neither figures into the team's long-term plans. Never mind the fact that Vontae is loaded up on "don't give a shit" pills this year. I'd take a sixth for either Donte or Gore and a third for VD, not because they "suck" or are "worthless" per se, but moreso just to go full-on with new blood that gives a damn consistently.

Racehorse
10-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Ignoring that Vontae has been less than stellar this year, which of the other two would be considered talent that must be kept? Neither figures into the team's long-term plans. Never mind the fact that Vontae is loaded up on "don't give a shit" pills this year. I'd take a sixth for either Donte or Gore and a third for VD, not because they "suck" or are "worthless" per se, but moreso just to go full-on with new blood that gives a damn consistently.

I am glad that you are not our GM. Getting rid of Gore would leave us with a rookie and Ferguson. Giving up Davis would leave us even thinner at CB and our backups are atrocious. Moncrief would not net us anything in a trade that would cover his potential value to this team. Yes, this is a lost season, but no way those guys should be traded, especially for 6th round picks.

omahacolt
10-27-2017, 07:22 AM

Such a retarded post

Luck4Reich
10-27-2017, 08:10 AM
No, no and hell no.

testcase448
10-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Wonder what Luck might bring?

Then we can draft another franchise QB to throw to the wolves since this one is broken down.

We will not be competitive in the Luck era, too many holes to fill, not enough years left for Luck

Given our record for the next few years will be getting us plenty of early picks to rebuild

again

DrSpaceman
10-27-2017, 09:50 AM
I am glad that you are not our GM. Getting rid of Gore would leave us with a rookie and Ferguson. Giving up Davis would leave us even thinner at CB and our backups are atrocious. Moncrief would not net us anything in a trade that would cover his potential value to this team. Yes, this is a lost season, but no way those guys should be traded, especially for 6th round picks.

I would not trade davis for a 6th round pick, but if we can get a #2 for Davis or Moncrief, I would take it.

And so what if we just have a rookie and Ferguson in the backfield? At least Mack could get some playing time this way and sign a vet from somewhere as well.

Coltsalr
10-27-2017, 11:45 AM
If we trade Vontae for a 6th round pick then I promise to donate to whatever GoFundMe gets created in order to collect funds to organize a riot to burn Lucas Oil Stadium.

rcubed
10-27-2017, 12:18 PM
Wonder what Luck might bring?

Then we can draft another franchise QB to throw to the wolves since this one is broken down.

We will not be competitive in the Luck era, too many holes to fill, not enough years left for Luck

Given our record for the next few years will be getting us plenty of early picks to rebuild

again
stop it.

Colt Classic
10-27-2017, 02:49 PM
Such a retarded post

I learned how to make retarded posts by reading your retarded replies. You're pathetic.

omahacolt
10-27-2017, 03:23 PM
I learned how to make retarded posts by reading your retarded replies. You're pathetic.

feel free to explain how guys aren't trying hard or shut the fuck up

Racehorse
10-27-2017, 04:57 PM
I would not trade davis for a 6th round pick, but if we can get a #2 for Davis or Moncrief, I would take it.

And so what if we just have a rookie and Ferguson in the backfield? At least Mack could get some playing time this way and sign a vet from somewhere as well.

Nobody is offering a #2 for either. That is my point.

YDFL Commish
10-28-2017, 09:48 AM
I don't think that Voante's less than stellar play can be totally placed on him.

Monachino is a terrible coach, and plays far too much zone. Even playing 20% zone is too much for this team.

jasperhobbs
10-28-2017, 12:38 PM
A lot of times players are traded more to unload their salary than what they can fetch in return.

Racehorse
10-28-2017, 01:46 PM
A lot of times players are traded more to unload their salary than what they can fetch in return.

Yet, we have those three as expiring contracts, so that is another reason why it is a dumb idea. The "journalist" didn't do his due diligence with this one.