PDA

View Full Version : Mathis

njcoltfan
10-24-2017, 09:42 AM
apparently Robert was arrested last nite for DUI, can this season get any worse for the Colts ???

FatDT
10-24-2017, 09:46 AM
Oh for fucks sake.

Maniac
10-24-2017, 10:00 AM
Can you blame the man for drinking after watching this team?

1965southpaw
10-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Nice mug shot. Happened in Carmel.....probably same cops who arrested Jimmy. SMDH.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21136928/robert-mathis-indianapolis-colts-arrested-drunken-driving-charge

1965southpaw
10-24-2017, 10:12 AM
According to Grady yesterday was the 2 year anniversary of his moms death. Doesn't excuse making the incredibly bad decision to get behind the wheel after drinking but it's useful context. You may recall his moms cancer diagnosis is why he and his wife accelerated having another baby......hence fertility drugs. Just one more distraction for a team falling apart.

Spike
10-24-2017, 10:22 AM
Can you blame the man for drinking after watching this team?

Not condoning what he did, it's beyond dumb to drive while intoxicated. He could drink and call a cab or uber so he was stupid. Having said that, yeah I believe a lot of us drink more than we should watching this shit show led by a fucking clown. I'm surprised Irsay hasn't OD at this point.

albany ed
10-24-2017, 10:27 AM
I'm surprised Irsay hasn't OD at this point.

He's built up a fantastic tolerance. There's not enough drugs in the world to cause him to OD.

Brylok
10-24-2017, 10:35 AM
He saw Sunday's performance, too. No wonder he's drinking. Fire Pagano.

njcoltfan
10-24-2017, 10:36 AM
Not condoning what he did, it's beyond dumb to drive while intoxicated. He could drink and call a cab or uber so he was stupid. Having said that, yeah I believe a lot of us drink more than we should watching this shit show led by a fucking clown. I'm surprised Irsay hasn't OD at this point.

Irsay can end this shitshow of a season any time he has THE BALLS to!!

GoBigBlue88
10-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Everything in this franchise is just such a bad image at all times...

rcubed
10-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Irsay can end this shitshow of a season any time he has THE BALLS to!!
not exactly. firing pagano wont make up instantly better. we would still suck for the most part. Though it would help to accelerate the process for finding a new HC for next year.

I assume (hope) ballard already has his mind made up on firing pags and has a short list of candidates to target as soon as he can.

FatDT
10-24-2017, 01:00 PM
not exactly. firing pagano wont make up instantly better. we would still suck for the most part. Though it would help to accelerate the process for finding a new HC for next year.

I assume (hope) ballard already has his mind made up on firing pags and has a short list of candidates to target as soon as he can.

I think the bye week is the time for that. Though I don't know who they'd even name as interim.

1965southpaw
10-24-2017, 01:07 PM
I think the bye week is the time for that. Though I don't know who they'd even name as interim.

McMann (special teams coach) is the name that consistently was mentioned by the local media guys yesterday on the DD and JMVs shows. They say he's the only one that runs a tight ship, coaches his guys hard, etc......

rcubed
10-24-2017, 01:33 PM
agree

Brylok
10-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Apparently he blew a .058. Legal limit is .08. He turned the wrong way down a one way street. The cops used their discretion and arrested him. Driving after midnight in Carmel: not even once.

Colt Classic
10-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Apparently he blew a .058. Legal limit is .08. He turned the wrong way down a one way street. The cops used their discretion and arrested him. Driving after midnight in Carmel: not even once.

DWB in Carmel isn't safe during the day, let alone at night.

Brylok
10-24-2017, 05:14 PM
DWB in Carmel isn't safe during the day, let alone at night.
I lived there briefly in the late 90's so I can confirm. It's now come out that he took sleep medication with 2 shots of Crown Royal and it messed him up. Don't mess around with sleep medication, people.

apballin
10-24-2017, 07:15 PM
God dam couldn't have let the MF call a ride whenhes under the legal limit?

Dewey 5
10-24-2017, 10:41 PM

Weed is better. JMO.

Colts And Orioles
10-25-2017, 12:38 AM
o

Mathis' old friend just signed a one-year contract with the Seahawks.

http://coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=36467#post36467

o

Brylok
10-25-2017, 01:34 PM
o

o
Ha. He's still playing and our brain trust couldn't figure out how to use him 5 years ago.

1965southpaw
10-25-2017, 02:05 PM
o

o

Congratulations, ya know, I'm really, really proud. Coach Pag-gone-now

1965southpaw
10-26-2017, 10:07 AM
Per Pags they dealt with Robert internally. He understands that coaching in the NFL is an honor and a privilege. He will be coaching on Sunday. The legal process is a separate matter but there will be no further action forthcoming from the Colts.

Spike
10-26-2017, 01:03 PM
apparently Robert was arrested last nite for DUI, can this season get any worse for the Colts ???

Yes it can, at least until that clown Pagano is fired.

YDFL Commish
10-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Mathis made a mistake, .052 is hardly anything to get worked up about.

Also, what kind of a precedent would this set, when they kept David Parry on the team with a much worse offense.

Was Parry even disciplined by the league or the team?

omahacolt
10-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Mathis made a mistake, .052 is hardly anything to get worked up about.

Also, what kind of a precedent would this set, when they kept David Parry on the team with a much worse offense.

Was Parry even disciplined by the league or the team?

parry and mathis are different. mathis isn't a player anymore and there are no rules per the cba

YDFL Commish
10-28-2017, 07:46 PM
parry and mathis are different. mathis isn't a player anymore and there are no rules per the cba

I understand what you're saying. But the players want an equal playing field. So the Colts should not discipline Mathis anymore than they would a player.

DrSpaceman
10-28-2017, 09:41 PM
I don't even really understand the story or the charge.

Not defending what he did, but he was below the legal limit, was he not? So he did not actually break any law.

1965southpaw
10-29-2017, 12:18 AM
I don't even really understand the story or the charge.

Not defending what he did, but he was below the legal limit, was he not? So he did not actually break any law.

The charge was not DUI but OWI (operating while intoxicated). He was below the legal limit hence no DUI but he combined alcohol with sleeping medication and it caused him to drive the wrong way on a one way street and hit a stop sign. He also had trouble talking and and he was stumbling around and didn't seem to know where he was. I don't know if this was something the police could have used discretion and cut him loose or not but obviously chose not to......

apballin
10-29-2017, 09:59 PM
The charge was not DUI but OWI (operating while intoxicated). He was below the legal limit hence no DUI but he combined alcohol with sleeping medication and it caused him to drive the wrong way on a one way street and hit a stop sign. He also had trouble talking and and he was stumbling around and didn't seem to know where he was. I don't know if this was something the police could have used discretion and cut him loose or not but obviously chose not to......

It's hard to drive sober in Carmel, goddam roundabouts everywhere

FatDT
10-29-2017, 11:03 PM
It's hard to drive sober in Carmel, goddam roundabouts everywhere

Your best post in months.

Colts And Orioles
11-23-2017, 07:04 PM
o

o

o

After playing in 4 games for them, Freeney was released by the Seahawks.

Seahawks Waive Defensive End Dwight Freeney

(By John Boyle)

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/11/21/seahawks-waive-defensive-end-dwight-freeney

Several days later, he was signed by the Lions.

Lions Bolster Pass Rush by Claiming Dwight Freeney after Seahawks Cut Him

(By Sean Wagner-McGough)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-bolster-pass-rush-by-reportedly-claiming-dwight-freeney-after-seahawks-cut-him/

o

Racehorse
11-23-2017, 07:26 PM
o

After playing in 4 games for them, Mathis was released by the Seahawks.

Seahawks Waive Defensive End Dwight Freeney

(By John Boyle)

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/11/21/seahawks-waive-defensive-end-dwight-freeney

Several days later, he was signed by the Lions.

Lions Bolster Pass Rush by Claiming Dwight Freeney after Seahawks Cut Him

(By Sean Wagner-McGough)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lions-bolster-pass-rush-by-reportedly-claiming-dwight-freeney-after-seahawks-cut-him/

o

Mathis never played for the Seachickens