PDA

View Full Version : Hooker injury

omahacolt
10-22-2017, 10:48 PM
I was wrong. Looks like mcl and acl. Done for the year

Per rapaport

nate505
10-22-2017, 10:50 PM
As if this season couldn't go any more swimmingly.

Brylok
10-22-2017, 11:10 PM
I was wrong. Looks like mcl and acl. Done for the year

Per rapaport
Zak Keefer reports the same. Poor kid. Hopefully he'll have a full recovery.

FatDT
10-22-2017, 11:24 PM
This season blows.

Big Smooth
10-23-2017, 01:01 AM
Just awful. Hopeful for a complete recovery

rcubed
10-23-2017, 02:04 AM
Well, shit.

daedge
10-23-2017, 03:56 AM
What a fucken train-wreck.

GoBigBlue88
10-23-2017, 07:18 AM
And it comes after an overmatched CB was in opposite Davis, gave way too much cushion, let the WR run across the field into Darius Butler and Nate Hairston -- who then tackled each other -- putting Hooker in position to have to make that play.

Entirely possible that if Quincy Wilson is playing, that injury doesn't happen.

But completely sound to argue that if Ted Monachino had a remotely sound scheme or Chuck Pagano installed any fundamental abilities whatsoever, that injury never happens.

OneVoice
10-23-2017, 07:31 AM
And it comes after an overmatched CB was in opposite Davis, gave way too much cushion, let the WR run across the field into Darius Butler and Nate Hairston -- who then tackled each other -- putting Hooker in position to have to make that play.

But completely sound to argue that if Ted Monachino had a remotely sound scheme or Chuck Pagano installed any fundamental abilities whatsoever, that injury never happens.

C'mon dude. I hate the coaching staff too, but...

GoBigBlue88
10-23-2017, 07:57 AM

But any other defense stops that play before it gets to Hooker. He literally went across the entire field and up the sideline.

Luck4Reich
10-23-2017, 08:23 AM

Well it's really not a stretch to say that doesn't all factor in.

Just like Morrison shouldn't be playing but when he is on the field is a liability to hurt his teammates

FatDT
10-23-2017, 09:04 AM
Well it's really not a stretch to say that doesn't all factor in.

Just like Morrison shouldn't be playing but when he is on the field is a liability to hurt his teammates

Or Vagisil playing at LG is a danger to his linemates and QB.

ChoppedWood
10-23-2017, 09:14 AM
Or Vagisil playing at LG is a danger to his linemates and QB.

Or Chuck Pagano presenting a danger to 53 men every Sunday, wait, make that 54 because if he isn't gone soon, Jim Irsay may be indicted for crimes against humanity for his mistreatment of the entire Colts fan base!

DrSpaceman
10-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Get well Hooker and prepare for next year. Study film, learn the game, watch

And be thankful you don't have to experience firsthand this awful season, but remember it so it doesn't happen again while you're here.

DrSpaceman
10-23-2017, 09:41 AM

But Wilson can't play special teams!!!

Who would we get to run down the field as teams fair catch the ball on punts or watch the ball go out of the end zone on kick offs?

Forking moronic coaching stuff.

FatDT
10-23-2017, 10:14 AM
What the FUCK is wrong with this team?? Read this account of Hooker's injury from Doyel:

Hurns goes out of bounds after a 50-yard gain. Hooker is writhing in pain behind him, curled in a fetal position around his right knee as the Jags medical staff rushes to him. Eventually the cart is dispatched from the Colts sideline, because this looks serious. The cart gets to Hooker and then … turns around and drives away without him.

Because the Colts can’t even tend to their 2017 first-round pick the right way.

Hooker limps all the way across the field — from one sideline to the other — where Colts medical personnel are talking to him … while he stands about 5 feet from a bench. Hooker stands there for four plays before being led by foot to the locker room. He limps along, never to return. The cart is nearby, as useless on this day as a Colts defense that allowed the Jaguars to produce 518 yards of offense.

Colt Classic
10-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Rookie initiation. Carts are for tenured vets only!

1965southpaw
10-23-2017, 11:29 AM
What the FUCK is wrong with this team?? Read this account of Hooker's injury from Doyel:

I know I read that and was appalled too....I later read that Hooker refused the cart.....wanted to get off the field under his own steam.....still I think the medical staff should have the authority to tell him to sit his ass down so he doesn't do more damage.

Thorgrim
10-23-2017, 11:31 AM
Word in the locker room is the cart was already full of Paganos excuses for this weeks debacle..

FatDT
10-23-2017, 11:53 AM
I know I read that and was appalled too....I later read that Hooker refused the cart.....wanted to get off the field under his own steam.....still I think the medical staff should have the authority to tell him to sit his ass down so he doesn't do more damage.

Yeah I read that later. And I agree, it shouldn't have been his call. But with that info the team seems a lot less incompetent.

Coltsalr
10-23-2017, 12:10 PM
Maybe we'll have a new top-flight rookie defensive back (Derwin James or Minkah Fitzpatrick) for you to help bring along next year, Hooker.

Hopefully we'll have a coaching staff intelligent enough to play Quincy Wilson, as well.

1965southpaw
10-23-2017, 08:53 PM
Just forcing myself to listen to Chuckles 430 presser......could only stomach about 8 min of a 13 min video but here are some highlights
1. Re injuries....Kelly hammy not bad and will be back to limited practice on Wednesday along with Goode and drumroll......Geathers. Re Geathers, doesn't expect him to play until after bye week at earliest assuming no setbacks
2. Re the shit show that was Jax, yes folks twice in the 8 min he said: "we're on to Cincinnati"
3. I counted how many times he said "you know" in the first 8 minutes just to amuse myself.....the over/under is 20.......any guesses? I didn't count "ums" cause it would have been at least 5 times the you knows.

That's it. Nothing else of value there. :cool:

Butter
10-24-2017, 01:06 AM
I agree with all the anger, but honestly, what do we expect him to say. honestly, if you were in his shoes what would you say.

1965southpaw
10-24-2017, 10:23 AM
I agree with all the anger, but honestly, what do we expect him to say. honestly, if you were in his shoes what would you say.

I'd say....Playoffs! Playoffs! Don't talk to me about playoffs! I'm just trying to win a freaking game!! Playoffs?!?! :D

Coltsalr
10-24-2017, 11:25 AM

"I quit" would be a decent start.

FatDT
10-24-2017, 12:58 PM
"I quit" would be a decent start.

If he quits now he won't get those sweet contract buyout dollars.

Coltsalr
10-24-2017, 01:49 PM
If he quits now he won't get those sweet contract buyout dollars.

According to Dam, he'll be hired one nanosecond after he's fired, so I'm sure he's unconcerned with being flush with cash.

apballin
10-24-2017, 07:52 PM

He's no pussy- Edge walked off the field with a torn ACL

southside asshole
10-25-2017, 10:57 AM

I'm not exactly sure, but anything he says that continues to insinuate that he thinks he has any idea what he's doing is going to be regarded by me as straight up lying from now on.

I mean, at some point the cliches and standard talking points become insulting, don't they? At some point all the chop wood one game at a time blah blah is nothing but a bold refusal to acknowledge the utter failure to perform at the basic expectations of his job.

"We're on to Cincinatti." Fuck you, Chuck. That doesn't cut it. We all know the damn schedule.

If anything, his inability to stray from the standard lines in the face of such extenuating circumstance is really part & parcel of his entire tenure as the HC of this team, isn't it? His press conferences are like little mini replays of the games themselves - when things go haywire and the situation changes, he's caught totally flat-footed, unprepared and unequipped to adjust and react.

Luck4Reich
10-25-2017, 11:10 AM
I'm not exactly sure, but anything he says that continues to insinuate that he thinks he has any idea what he's doing is going to be regarded by me as straight up lying from now on.

I mean, at some point the cliches and standard talking points become insulting, don't they? At some point all the chop wood one game at a time blah blah is nothing but a bold refusal to acknowledge the utter failure to perform at the basic expectations of his job.

"We're on to Cincinatti." Fuck you, Chuck. That doesn't cut it. We all know the damn schedule.

If anything, his inability to stray from the standard lines in the face of such extenuating circumstance is really part & parcel of his entire tenure as the HC of this team, isn't it? His press conferences are like little mini replays of the games themselves - when things go haywire and the situation changes, he's caught totally flat-footed, unprepared and unequipped to adjust and react.

When I first saw your name I thought you were another one of Dam's accounts then I read the post and was assured you were not.

southside asshole
10-25-2017, 11:13 AM
When I first saw your name I thought you were another one of Dam's accounts then I read the post and was assured you were not.

Thanks.

I was Manning Is Metal, and previously ArtificialCrowdNoise88, on the old board and older board.

1965southpaw
10-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Thanks.

I was Manning Is Metal, and previously ArtificialCrowdNoise88, on the old board and older board.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who changes her screen name as often as she changes her shoes. :D. Good thing we don't care about padding our stats (post metrics). :D

FatDT
10-25-2017, 02:03 PM
Thanks.

Welcome back duder.

southside asshole
10-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Welcome back duder.

Thanks fam

wish it was under better circumstances. To think I joined back up so I could bitch about this season... :rolleyes:

Dam8610
10-25-2017, 05:33 PM

I don't have time to waste to sit here making posts off of multiple accounts. Have smitty or puck run checks, I've never done that bullshit.

Luck4Reich
10-25-2017, 05:59 PM
I don't have time to waste to sit here making posts off of multiple accounts. Have smitty or puck run checks, I've never done that bullshit.

Relax Francis, it was a joke. Besides, we all know that you only sit and waste time defending Pagano.

Luck4Reich
10-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Thanks.

Welcome back.

Spike
10-25-2017, 07:09 PM
Thanks.

Welcome back asshole!

Butter
10-25-2017, 08:13 PM
Welcome back asshole!

The official Coltfreaks greeting.

southside asshole
10-26-2017, 04:17 PM
The official Coltfreaks greeting.

shut up fag

omahacolt
10-26-2017, 06:30 PM

maybe not but you sure do have your boyfriend post your ideas.

you and apballin are joined at the butthole